Page 6 of 183 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast
    GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by VikingFit View Post
    I did marinate it with Canola oil, fresh rosemary and sage, seasalt and pepper - for about 36 hours. And yes we have plenty of Red Alders here so should be possible to get. I have a Weber Grill - do I use Alder wood chips - with the charcoals? It is a little harder to control the temperature when grilling and I have often overcooked some cuttings ... I use a digital thermometer to ensure the core temp does not get too high - to prevent the meat from getting to dry.
    You just have to keep an eye on it when using wood. Just add a few chips to add some flavour.

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Only smoked 6 cigarettes yesterday. For a weekend day, that is huge for me.
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Hartski View Post

I don't know... I tried doing the whole "Cutting down" thing... And it never stuck long enough to turn into a bonafide "Quit" attempt.

I think you have to pick a quit date... Make a plan... (Don't they have offical websites for that now?) and put it into action.

I'd also suggest a self-reward program.

Like say you smoke a pack a day... Which is what $5 now?
    (I quit right as cigarettes were going up in price)

So find something you really want that's worth around $900. (Which is about 6 months of savings from not smoking) So like a really kick ass shot gun... (Or whatever) Just keep putting $5 in a jar every day... And when you get to that six month mark... Go buy that thing for yourself.

The six month part is important... In all of the "Quits" and life changes I've invested myself in over the years I've found it's true that in order to convince your brain that you've got a new way of life that you need to modify your behavior flawlessly with pure dedication and conviction for 6 months.

After 6 months you will have reconditioned yourself and your choices to accept that there are no excuses.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    I hunted in a county notorious for monster bucks. The average 10 pointer has a 20" spread or better. I saw 13 deer this weekend, only one of which was a buck, and ended up with none.

I had a doe walk under my stand. She stopped, giving me a clean broadside shot at 5 yards, looked up at me, and then kept walking. The reason I didn't shoot is because I could hear a buck grunting 30-40 yards behind her. By the time I could see him through all the brush and realize he didn't meet the legal antler point requirement*, the doe was already gone. He walked right to where she stopped and looked up at me, too. He was grunting and hot on her trail with only one thing on his mind. I could have blasted the doe and he probably still would have walked up to her.

The word on the street is that it was only the small bucks actively chasing tail right now, while the large bucks are hunkered down with their harem. Had I known that, I'd have blasted her.

*had to have a minimum of 4 points on one side and he was only a 5 pointer
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Gun Fire?? It only takes one shot to kill a deer?? Must be annoying Nainoa!

I had Deer Tenderloin for dinner (Thanks to a hunting buddy). Moist and extremely tender meat :
    From poking around... It sounds like... At least as of Saturday morning, the bulk of the deer population/herd was south of me.

But of course you always have to accept all the peckerheads who spray rounds from their girled up AR-15 and call it hunting.

I seriously almost support an assault weapons ban just so these penor mashing morons won't have access to these weapons and they can go back to playing Call of Duty on X-box!

Last night I heard the first shots from the North of me... So with a little luck this means that the herd has/is moving away from the hunting pressure in the south towards the perceived safe haven around me.

With Daylight savings and people not getting off work this week, I'm hopeful the quiet will keep the pressure low during the week for me.

The other thing working to my advantage is that the two guys hunting the far field have like ZERO grit for hunting... They can't stay in their stands for more than 45 minutes and have yet to even make it till sunset. It still means I have to lure "Sausages" in but at least he won't get shot along the way getting to me!
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    I hunted in a county notorious for monster bucks. The average 10 pointer has a 20" spread or better. I saw 13 deer this weekend, only one of which was a buck, and ended up with none.

I had a doe walk under my stand. She stopped, giving me a clean broadside shot at 5 yards, looked up at me, and then kept walking. The reason I didn't shoot is because I could hear a buck grunting 30-40 yards behind her. By the time I could see him through all the brush and realize he didn't meet the legal antler point requirement*, the doe was already gone. He walked right to where she stopped and looked up at me, too. He was grunting and hot on her trail with only one thing on his mind. I could have blasted the doe and he probably still would have walked up to her.

The word on the street is that it was only the small bucks actively chasing tail right now, while the large bucks are hunkered down with their harem. Had I known that, I'd have blasted her.

*had to have a minimum of 4 points on one side and he was only a 5 pointer
    I would have taken the shot on the doe, just for the meat!

It was dead quiet in my woods last night... Like my woods makes "Twas the night before Christmas" sound like a Metallica Concert!
    6'4"

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    I would have taken the shot on the doe, just for the meat!

It was dead quiet in my woods last night... Like my woods makes "Twas the night before Christmas" sound like a Metallica Concert!
    I know. I've been kicking myself since just after it happened. I guess I had a little bit o' the buck fever and threw common sense out the window.

The woods I was in was overrun by Hmong and they have an entirely different way of hunting than we do. My buddy got to his stand at O dark thirty and didn't see another person. No lights or nothing. When the sun finally came up, he was completely surrounded by orange on all sides for a few hundred yards, the closest one about 30 yards from him. He counted 18 within a 200 yard stretch and those are just the ones he counted. They all mastered a different animal sound and would communicate with one another through them. One a squirrel, one a crow, one a bluejay, etc etc. All you could hear was them cackling back and forth to each other until a deer came and then it was WWIII, followed by whooping and hollering so loud that any deer within 5 miles would GTFO. When the first shots started, my buddy promptly high-tailed it out of there because they were shooting in every direction, including at two deer that were only a stone's throw from his ground blind.

Yesterday, it sounded like they were building a house or something down there. I could have sworn I heard someone stacking sheets of plywood. No exaggeration. A Metallica concert would have been peaceful compared to the racket they were making all weekend.
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    I know. I've been kicking myself since just after it happened. I guess I had a little bit o' the buck fever and threw common sense out the window.

The woods I was in was overrun by Hmong and they have an entirely different way of hunting than we do. My buddy got to his stand at O dark thirty and didn't see another person. No lights or nothing. When the sun finally came up, he was completely surrounded by orange on all sides for a few hundred yards, the closest one about 30 yards from him. He counted 18 within a 200 yard stretch and those are just the ones he counted. They all mastered a different animal sound and would communicate with one another through them. One a squirrel, one a crow, one a bluejay, etc etc. All you could hear was them cackling back and forth to each other until a deer came and then it was WWIII, followed by whooping and hollering so loud that any deer within 5 miles would GTFO. When the first shots started, my buddy promptly high-tailed it out of there because they were shooting in every direction, including at two deer that were only a stone's throw from his ground blind.

Yesterday, it sounded like they were building a house or something down there. I could have sworn I heard someone stacking sheets of plywood. No exaggeration. A Metallica concert would have been peaceful compared to the racket they were making all weekend.
    LOL... Yeah the Hmong hunters were a real problem around my old town. I would NEVER hunt in a Hmong woods from a tree stand even... But a ground blind! That makes the Roulette scene in the movie "The Deer Hunter" look like an OSHA training film!

Last night I had just dressed out and got two steps off the patio when my wife called me and I realized I'd forgot to put the phone in silent mode! I suppose better then than while I'm in the stand aiming at a 10 pointer!

My sickness has just turned out to be a head cold, so while my head is stuffed up like a brick and I can't hear out of my left ear... At least I'm not hacking and coughing in the silent forest!

I figure I'm going to stalk out there tonight at 3:30... Then with the winds coming in tomorrow am, I'm going to hand fresh doe urine and leave the forest alone for Tuesday. Then stalk out Wednesday morning.
    6'4"

Sure enough... One hour before I dress out for the stand and a stinging cold 36 degree misting rain move in and dampens my gear hanging outside.

I got me a case of the Mondays!

Thank God Teet convinced me to put the roof on the stand!
    6'4"

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Teets are good for a few things.

My best hunts have always come on dreary rainy days.

Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    Teets are good for a few things.

My best hunts have always come on dreary rainy days.
    Yeah now if I could just get this F-ing head cold to go away.

Right now I talk like Darth Vader at a smoker... I can only breathe out of my left nostril and can only hear out of my right ear hole!

Thank God for work right now I'm just working on the most boring research proposal in human history so I don't have to be on the phone much until Wednesday.
    6'4"

Damn... I'm not sure if I'm getting sicker or if it's just that everything is finally letting loose!

Went to bed super early last night... Laid in bed for almost 11 hours... Probably slept for 5-6.
    6'4"

powerlifter with abs jimmybimmy's Avatar
    jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Damn... I'm not sure if I'm getting sicker or if it's just that everything is finally letting loose!

Went to bed super early last night... Laid in bed for almost 11 hours... Probably slept for 5-6.
    Not sure if srs......

HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jimmybimmy View Post
    Not sure if srs......
    I don't see why not, happens to me all the time. I've actually been falling asleep pretty quickly usually now, whereas before it would take hours every night, but all it takes is for a kid or dog or noise outside to wake me within the first 30 minutes or so after I dose off and I'll be in and out for several hours.

Not sure if srs......
    LOL... Which part?

I think it's just that everything is letting loose... I was getting better and then 3 days deer hunting morning and night in the cold and rain seems to have set me back. Broke down and went out to get some meds after I voted. I decided I'm staying indoors today...

Breaking the streak!

Since March 16th I've done "Something" outside, whether it was related to the move, or the garden or the orchard or cutting trails or putting in food plot or building deer stands, fishing hunting, hiking, camping or whatever... I've don't "Something" outdoors every day since March 16th. Time for me to take a day and throttle down!
    6'4"

Found the polling place for my township... Holy Crap is that in the middle of no where!

Drove 10 miles on single lane country roads through the middle of nowhere... Wife's GPS told us to take a right at the intersection of two dirty roads... Lead us to the main highway, which I knew wasn't it... So we had to back track again for 10 miles and it was actually like 50 feet down the left hand way!

It was an old WWII surplus tin quanset hut, heated by a wood stove and powered by 2 stroke generator that ran 4 light bulbs and the polling machine, which was connected to the internet (Or whatever) by a sat phone connection.

Polling booth was made of old barn wood with splatters of cow poop stuck in the centuries old divots of the worm wood.

We walked through the door and they knew our names before we even said them, because we are the only new people in the township, so they knew it was us when they didn't know our faces!
    6'4"

My pronouns are Bro/Brah Procta's Avatar
    Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    just imagine all the talk behind your back before and after you voted
    China is asshoe !!!

Super Straight HTC Crew, Pureblood Crew & a Jeepbrah (no ducks)

Florida is GOAT

Gen X: Humanity's last hope

I don't see why not, happens to me all the time. I've actually been falling asleep pretty quickly usually now, whereas before it would take hours every night, but all it takes is for a kid or dog or noise outside to wake me within the first 30 minutes or so after I dose off and I'll be in and out for several hours.
    99% of the time since we moved out here I sleep like the friggin' dead.

My head hits the pillow and I'm OUT, I'll wake up a little while later and feel like I must have been asleep for 5-6 hours... Roll over and click the light on the clock and it's an hour or two later. (I have a habit of drinking too much water right before bed.)

I always sleep with some kind of white noise in the room like a fan etc... So every little bump in the house doesn't wake me up.

Last night I woke up after being down for an hour and I was coughing phlegm all over myself, the pillows and the cat... I just couldn't stop... Felt like I was about to cough up blood.

Now today it's just a little hack and more congestion.

It's like I've spent 6 days in between sick and well... Not really being completely either one of them. It's getting annoying.
    6'4"

Originally Posted by Procta View Post
    just imagine all the talk behind your back before and after you voted
    Yeah it's a little strange... The nearest town 10 miles away is super nice, growing small town. Everyone is friendly and takes the time to care about doing a good job.

Most of the people out here in the sticks where I live they are all isolationist types grumpy and keep to themselves, with all the charisma of a badger with a hemmoroid.
    6'4"

jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Okay, maybe it's a young person thing but for me I'm either dead asleep 15 mins after I get in my bed or can't sleep after like 30-45 mins and get up to do something until I get more tired.

LOL... Which part?

I think it's just that everything is letting loose... I was getting better and then 3 days deer hunting morning and night in the cold and rain seems to have set me back. Broke down and went out to get some meds after I voted. I decided I'm staying indoors today...

Breaking the streak!

Since March 16th I've done "Something" outside, whether it was related to the move, or the garden or the orchard or cutting trails or putting in food plot or building deer stands, fishing hunting, hiking, camping or whatever... I've don't "Something" outdoors every day since March 16th. Time for me to take a day and throttle down!
    Does walking outside count as doing something outside? But holy crap that's a long time.

Found the polling place for my township... Holy Crap is that in the middle of no where!

Drove 10 miles on single lane country roads through the middle of nowhere... Wife's GPS told us to take a right at the intersection of two dirty roads... Lead us to the main highway, which I knew wasn't it... So we had to back track again for 10 miles and it was actually like 50 feet down the left hand way!

It was an old WWII surplus tin quanset hut, heated by a wood stove and powered by 2 stroke generator that ran 4 light bulbs and the polling machine, which was connected to the internet (Or whatever) by a sat phone connection.

Polling booth was made of old barn wood with splatters of cow poop stuck in the centuries old divots of the worm wood.

We walked through the door and they knew our names before we even said them, because we are the only new people in the township, so they knew it was us when they didn't know our faces!
    And they're worried about voter fraud in FL and OH!

Okay, maybe it's a young person thing but for me I'm either dead asleep 15 mins after I get in my bed or can't sleep after like 30-45 mins and get up to do something until I get more tired.

Does walking outside count as doing something outside? But holy crap that's a long time.

And they're worried about voter fraud in FL and OH!
    I don't know how you could even pull off Voter Fraud without the polling place being in on it! So I think a lot of that stuff is just smoke screen politics.

As for the whole going outside thing... No I don't mean "Walked out to get the mail" I mean every day since March 16th I've had some outdoor activity going on in my spare time.

I mean with the move and all (Process started March 16th) I was going non-stop between two properties until the 4th of July.

Mix in tilling and planting the garden and orchard.

After the 4th of July I was tilling in the food plot and cutting the trails through the forest, while tending the Garden.

August drought had me outside working the garden for 2-3 hours per night, plus cutting standing dead trees... Then went on Wilderness retreat... Came back and started the deer stands and processed the garden for canning...
    October finished the deer stands cover all the perennials and protect the fruit trees from Rabbits
    November= Deer hunting.

I have a certain amount of concern that I've bitten off more than I can chew with the baby on the way. But my Wife's Maternity leave will be during the time I'm most busy in the spring. When she goes back to work she's switching to nights and we're getting the long range baby monitor so I can work in the garden when the baby is napping in the evening and if she wakes up I can haul ass back to the house etc...
    At least that's my "In a perfect world" theory.
    6'4"

44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Noa have you killed anything besides time this season?
    "I believe that life isn't worth living if not lived passionately." - Nainoa

"Anything you put into your subconscious mind can become reality" - Mike Rashid

Originally Posted by 44hunter View Post
    Noa have you killed anything besides time this season?
    The only deer I've seen yet is Sausages the night before opener picked up Doe Urine scent tags I put out... But he wouldn't cross the field to check it out.

Then there was a flicker of something brown through the trees 100 yards off.

There is a rabbit making it's den near the base of my deer stand that I may have to put out of his misery this weekend.
    6'4"

I don't know how you could even pull off Voter Fraud without the polling place being in on it! So I think a lot of that stuff is just smoke screen politics.

As for the whole going outside thing... No I don't mean "Walked out to get the mail" I mean every day since March 16th I've had some outdoor activity going on in my spare time.

I mean with the move and all (Process started March 16th) I was going non-stop between two properties until the 4th of July.

Mix in tilling and planting the garden and orchard.

After the 4th of July I was tilling in the food plot and cutting the trails through the forest, while tending the Garden.

August drought had me outside working the garden for 2-3 hours per night, plus cutting standing dead trees... Then went on Wilderness retreat... Came back and started the deer stands and processed the garden for canning...
    October finished the deer stands cover all the perennials and protect the fruit trees from Rabbits
    November= Deer hunting.

I have a certain amount of concern that I've bitten off more than I can chew with the baby on the way. But my Wife's Maternity leave will be during the time I'm most busy in the spring. When she goes back to work she's switching to nights and we're getting the long range baby monitor so I can work in the garden when the baby is napping in the evening and if she wakes up I can haul ass back to the house etc...
    At least that's my "In a perfect world" theory.
    Yeah I've assumed you've been quite busy. Maybe with the baby on the way you may want to try and settle everything out to where the land is pretty self sufficent after about two year so that when the baby really needs your attention, it can have it. Or have it set up to where you do your yard/outside stuff during the times she is asleep.

Sadly, I do miss doing labor outside for my mom. Now that I don't, I miss just seeing random birds sit on a branch 2 feet from me. Even if it was a sparrow lol.

44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The only deer I've seen yet is Sausages the night before opener picked up Doe Urine scent tags I put out... But he wouldn't cross the field to check it out.

Then there was a flicker of something brown through the trees 100 yards off.

There is a rabbit making it's den near the base of my deer stand that I may have to put out of his misery this weekend.
    Could it be that your stand is leaking oil and the deer are smelling it?

"I believe that life isn't worth living if not lived passionately." - Nainoa

"Anything you put into your subconscious mind can become reality" - Mike Rashid

VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Hartski View Post
    Great! Smoke as little as possible - if you are unable to quit totally.

Nainoa - hope you are not coming down with bronchitis. Sounds like you have quite a cold. Do you have fever?

Busy with work, fixing things in my house and garden - so can´t go fishing as much as I want to. Will probably choose to go fishing for seatrout in the saltwater bays - if the weather becomes better soon - we have almost gale force winds - cold and rainy - and I do not seem to have much luck with the Northern Pikes. I am going deer hunting with a friends later this month - really look forward to it!

Most of my fishing in the winter and early spring are for seatrout in the salt - A guy from British Columbia married a Dane - and he has been fishing for seatrout and uploaded a video showing what flyfishing for seatrout in the salt like here in Denmark:

Hope your presidential election goes as you hope for ...it seems very close.

Yeah I've assumed you've been quite busy. Maybe with the baby on the way you may want to try and settle everything out to where the land is pretty self sufficent after about two year so that when the baby really needs your attention, it can have it. Or have it set up to where you do your yard/outside stuff during the times she is asleep.

Sadly, I do miss doing labor outside for my mom. Now that I don't, I miss just seeing random birds sit on a branch 2 feet from me. Even if it was a sparrow lol.
    Yeah it's going to be a definite juggling act.

I kind of had a 2 year plan for what I wanted to do out here, based on them telling us at our ages it would probably take a year for my wife to even get pregnant. Then I knocked her up the very first time... So I really tackled as much as I possible could this year off of that 1 year plan.

I'm basically going to be going like a wild ape from the minute the baby is born until the day my wife goes back to work in Late May/Early June... But I should be able to pull off "The Plan."

I'm pretty good at thinking ahead and developing a vision, so I know exactly what I want to do with the automated irrigation system. Then I think it will all just be maintenance stuff like Mowing the THREE ACRE lawn on my wife's days off.

Right now I'm trying to build and condition myself into the attitude of "It's going to be a fun and interesting challenge."

I have friends who are parents and are naturally overloaded, because it comes with the territory, and when they talk about their kid they always have this tone where raising the child isn't more of a "Burden" than a "Challenge."

I was an unwanted child and growing up I was treated like a "Burden" a lot of times and I know how it affected me.

Now granted these same people act like their kid is getting in the way of their partying. I've sown all my wild oats... Anyone who's gotten laid more than me usually has an STD or sex addiction, anyone who's partied more than me usually needs rehab, and anyone who's traveled more than me doesn't have much for roots or family, I would say that it would be nice to get out camping/hunting and fishing more... But I live in the wilderness where those opportunities abound.

So I'm not going to lament the end of my old life, I took it as far as you can take it without being permanently damaged! So I'm just going to try to embrace the next adventure for all the blessings that hide inside each of it's new challenges.
    6'4"

Thx for the vid, Fit. I emailed the link to my son, he's addicted to fly fishing.

Great! Smoke as little as possible - if you are unable to quit totally.

Nainoa - hope you are not coming down with bronchitis. Sounds like you have quite a cold. Do you have fever?

I thought it was just a head cold when it started coming on Wednesday night... Didn't have any lung issues until Late Sunday night... Then last night laying in bed I turned into a phlegm volcano!

But no fever... Just tons of congestion.

I broke down and bought an expectorant/cough suppressant and that seems to be helping a little.

If I wasn't working on this PAINFULLY BORING research project right now and was having to work the phone, I'd be in serious trouble because my voice is pretty much shot!
    6'4"

My pronouns are Bro/Brah Procta's Avatar
    Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    those trout are pretty similar to the ones around here

they seem to always swim right at you when reeling the line in and it causes slack in the line
    China is asshoe !!!

Super Straight HTC Crew, Pureblood Crew & a Jeepbrah (no ducks)

Florida is GOAT

Gen X: Humanity's last hope