edmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

A Great Overall Shoulder Exercise!

Hi, For all of you who are not familliar the Cuban Press yet...You need to start incorporating it into your shoulder routine, They're Great for strengthening the rotator's of the shoulders & great for overall shoulder development & they'll also increase your pressing power for the bench & shoulder press. You can see how to do the exercise on YouTube, Bradford Presses are another great Exercise for the rotator's and shoulder strength & development, Give them a try, You'll love the result's, Ed.
    Last edited by edmon; 04-13-2011 at 12:59 PM.
    Your Life and your Body is what You Make it.

dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    which muscle exactly is a stabilizer muscle in the shoulder?

I was always under the impression that the shoulder is stabilized by the ligaments, tendons, and rotator cuff
    Goals:

1.5 bw Bench
    2.0+ bw Squat
    2.5 bw Deadlift
    Gain 20 lbs

dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    where do you find the cubans to press?
    Goals:

1.5 bw Bench
    2.0+ bw Squat
    2.5 bw Deadlift
    Gain 20 lbs

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Cool

Originally Posted by dday39 View Post
    where do you find the cubans to press?
    In Cuba...
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dday39 View Post
    which muscle exactly is a stabilizer muscle in the shoulder?

I was always under the impression that the shoulder is stabilized by the ligaments, tendons, and rotator cuff
    ^Yes, the rotator cuff itself is made up of 4 muscles that combine at/over the shoulder & are like a cuff for the shoulder joint. So basically all the muscles of the rotator cuff are stabilizers since the rc stabilizes the shoulder.

edmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SuicideGripMe View Post
    In Cuba...
    FYI, It's not a new craze, Those two exercises have been around for a long time and are used by powerlifter's and a lot of bodybuilder's and the reason they've been around a long time is because they work.

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by edmon View Post
    FYI, It's not a new craze, Those two exercises have been around for a long time and are used by powerlifter's and a lot of bodybuilder's and the reason they've been around a long time is because they work.
    Ehh, you said it was the BEST OVERALL SHOULDER EXCERCISE... I just think it's... not.

I think Cuban Presses are good for maintaining/strengthening the rotator cuff, but come on, Cuban Presses being better than the overhead press as the BEST SHOULDER EXCERCISE... I think not.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

Originally Posted by SuicideGripMe View Post
    Ehh, you said it was the BEST OVERALL SHOULDER EXCERCISE... I just think it's... not.

I think Cuban Presses are good for maintaining/strengthening the rotator cuff, but come on, Cuban Presses being better than the overhead press as the BEST SHOULDER EXCERCISE... I think not.
    Even though it is a overhead shoulder press as part of the movement...You get 2 in 1 with this movement because you finish by doing as many presses as you can, I didn't say it was the best mass builder, Of course heavy Barbell & Dumbell presses are the best mass builders, And if you noticed I mentioned Bradford Presses in that post And those are a great mass builder because they take out some of the triceps involvement and put more of the load on the shoulder's. I went ahead and changed the title so I won't get anymore responses like your's.