Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Registered User second2noneBrah's Avatar
    second2noneBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) second2noneBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) second2noneBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) second2noneBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) second2noneBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) second2noneBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) second2noneBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) second2noneBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) second2noneBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) second2noneBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) second2noneBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Op you mad I dont have any of that stuff? Dont even tell sloots what I do either

romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000)
    Would be a cool ass job if it paid more... would love that 3 on 3 off schedule

tetraktys13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tetraktys13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tetraktys13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tetraktys13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tetraktys13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tetraktys13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tetraktys13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tetraktys13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tetraktys13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tetraktys13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tetraktys13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Because it is better than 99% of those careers and cooler. What is your job OP post pics of you at work lol; Fire departments where I am at do 24 hours on 48 off rotating shifts.
    **Mod Negg'd Crew** KyleAaron why u mad tho lol

revyy is a name known to all. (+5000) revyy is a name known to all. (+5000) revyy is a name known to all. (+5000) revyy is a name known to all. (+5000) revyy is a name known to all. (+5000) revyy is a name known to all. (+5000) revyy is a name known to all. (+5000) revyy is a name known to all. (+5000) revyy is a name known to all. (+5000) revyy is a name known to all. (+5000) revyy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    lulz i wanna be a firefighter now (semi srs)
    RESIDENT BEAN SPROUT

ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ahox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    There must be a special sense of camaraderie with firefighters considering they basically live together, eat together, train together, and risk their lives together. People wear a band's tshirt because they feel connected to them and want to advertise it to others, so it is basically similar to that just exaggerated a bit since being a firefighter is such a large part of their lives.

JohnLeguizamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnLeguizamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnLeguizamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnLeguizamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnLeguizamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnLeguizamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnLeguizamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnLeguizamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnLeguizamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnLeguizamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnLeguizamo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by vladimirpukin View Post
    Op is a firefighter trying to decide on getting a new truck and if the sticker is a smart move
    I can confirm, I was cat in the tree

Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PervedOut View Post
    reminds me of GTA San Andreas

BRB punched the fire engine
    BRB both firefighters get out and fight me to the death
    Do the same with EMTs crew.

Originally Posted by xKINGKONGx View Post
    Lmao who the hell hates on fire fighters ?
    Urban youths in the UK call out firetrucks so that they can throw things at fire fighters, srs.
    Last edited by Tabris; 02-10-2014 at 09:57 AM.
    Aria Company crew
    Houkago Tea Time crew
    Hidamari Apartments crew
    "I'm really mirin OD's good taste. I'm glad he recommended it." - Aterniner, 2001

sozwut is not very helpful. (-500) sozwut is not very helpful. (-500) sozwut is not very helpful. (-500) sozwut is not very helpful. (-500) sozwut is not very helpful. (-500) sozwut is not very helpful. (-500) sozwut is not very helpful. (-500) sozwut is not very helpful. (-500) sozwut is not very helpful. (-500) sozwut is not very helpful. (-500) sozwut is not very helpful. (-500)
    firefighter checking in. Lmfao you mad i wear the same thing every halloween? a firefighter costume. except it's not a costume. because i'm really a firefighter.

im a firefighter OP
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Viktoria Komova Crew ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not every FF is the way you mention OP. I don't wear anything FF related around town and only have a FF plate on my car, because I am required to by law so that I can have lights and sirens.

Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    I've noticed this on several occasions. I'd be in the grocery store shopping, and an entire posse of firefighters would show up. The way you can tell is because they're always wearing some shirt that says they are firefighters, and they'd just stack an entire basket full of steaks hamburger meat hotdogs buns condiments etc etc.

If they are doing that then they are on shift, not showing off.

meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    I've noticed this on several occasions. I'd be in the grocery store shopping, and an entire posse of firefighters would show up. The way you can tell is because they're always wearing some shirt that says they are firefighters, and they'd just stack an entire basket full of steaks hamburger meat hotdogs buns condiments etc etc.
    We had a cart full of steaks and some lady came up to us and took the meat out of our cart and said something like "I am not paying you guys to eat this". She didn't know that FF's pay for their own food.

illTRON is not very helpful. (-500) illTRON is not very helpful. (-500) illTRON is not very helpful. (-500) illTRON is not very helpful. (-500) illTRON is not very helpful. (-500) illTRON is not very helpful. (-500) illTRON is not very helpful. (-500) illTRON is not very helpful. (-500) illTRON is not very helpful. (-500) illTRON is not very helpful. (-500) illTRON is not very helpful. (-500)
    it's like MMA and crossfit... just not so douchey and alot more respectable...
    reminds me of the military guys who go to clubs/bars in uniform to let all the sloots know they in the navy

Originally Posted by meatjesus View Post
    "I am not paying you guys to eat this". She didn't know that FF's pay for their own food.
    i didnt know you guys pay out of pocket... is that usa, cananda or elsewhere??

i got no hate for FF...just maybe tone down the bragign a bit

stepintoliquid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stepintoliquid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stepintoliquid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stepintoliquid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stepintoliquid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stepintoliquid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stepintoliquid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stepintoliquid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stepintoliquid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stepintoliquid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stepintoliquid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i would be a ff in a heatbreat

brb every pussy within 5 miles dripping
    brb government benefits + pension + early retirement
    brb lifting and eating at firehouse

plus nobody can really hate on ff.... theyre not power tripping like cops
    RIP King Zyzz. You inspired us all.

Baby Wipes Crew
    Misc Cologne Crew
    Mods Consistently Neg Me Crew

BrunoTheBandit will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrunoTheBandit will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrunoTheBandit will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrunoTheBandit will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrunoTheBandit will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrunoTheBandit will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrunoTheBandit will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrunoTheBandit will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrunoTheBandit will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrunoTheBandit will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrunoTheBandit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lol @ soldier hating ****s ITT

Soldier>fire fighter

Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by romajc View Post
    Would be a cool ass job if it paid more... would love that 3 on 3 off schedule
    this. i think around here the salary is only like $40k, obviously you can work up and get rank, but its not that much. they get insane benefits though, theres a big scandal going on right now because theres guys retiring with full pensions, tax free, after only working like 8 years because they "are on disability" and they are not required for regular medical exams. they just go through the disability process and then live it up getting a tax free check and benefits for the rest of their life
    Trump 2016
    ~In Love With Taylor Swift Crew~
    Type O Negative is greatest band in universe crew

2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by sozwut View Post
    firefighter checking in. Lmfao you mad i wear the same thing every halloween? a firefighter costume. except it's not a costume. because i'm really a firefighter.

im a firefighter OP
    if srs. you srsly allowed long hair/bangs? or is ur avi really old
    There is only one Hell: the one we live in now.

Scootap13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scootap13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scootap13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scootap13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scootap13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scootap13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scootap13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scootap13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scootap13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scootap13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scootap13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by illTRON View Post
    it's like MMA and crossfit... just not so douchey and alot more respectable...
    reminds me of the military guys who go to clubs/bars in uniform to let all the sloots know they in the navy

i didnt know you guys pay out of pocket... is that usa, cananda or elsewhere??

i got no hate for FF...just maybe tone down the bragign a bit

I've never heard of anywhere that pays for there guys to eat. We pay every meal out of pocket.
    FF/EMT Brah
    Seattle Seahawks Brah
    Seattle Mariners Brah
    UW Huskies Brah

HoganIsGOAT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoganIsGOAT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoganIsGOAT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoganIsGOAT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoganIsGOAT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoganIsGOAT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoganIsGOAT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoganIsGOAT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoganIsGOAT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoganIsGOAT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoganIsGOAT has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fassbenderfan View Post
    Well...they do put their lives on the line every single day.
    I'll prompt this by saying I truly do respect firefighters. I've had a lot of exposure to firefighters from my prior career, and from my wife's Uncle, who has been a New York City firefighter for over 20 years.

I think most people appreciate what they do, after all, they're function is to help people in need. Let's be honest though, most of what they do is routine, and not dangerous, and often times a strong percentage of them are at least a little full of themselves. The stuff that is dangerous is usually something they are prepared for and have equipment for. Outside of rare major incidents like 9/11, how many firefighters die in the line of duty each year due to an actual injury from a function of the job? It's a very small amount (not that any amount isn't significant). There are far more dangerous jobs, such as fishing and logging. I'm sure they take pride in their job, so how many of them have the bumper stickers and other 'look at me' paraphernalia too? They don't, which just reinforces my point.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    because they eat together. then buttsechs if its a slow day

nonamewut is a name known to all. (+5000) nonamewut is a name known to all. (+5000) nonamewut is a name known to all. (+5000) nonamewut is a name known to all. (+5000) nonamewut is a name known to all. (+5000) nonamewut is a name known to all. (+5000) nonamewut is a name known to all. (+5000) nonamewut is a name known to all. (+5000) nonamewut is a name known to all. (+5000) nonamewut is a name known to all. (+5000) nonamewut is a name known to all. (+5000)
    have never noticed
    depression & avoidant personality masterrace crew

One Of Our Top Posters! NotANun21's Avatar
    NotANun21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotANun21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotANun21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotANun21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotANun21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotANun21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotANun21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotANun21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotANun21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotANun21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotANun21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    durka durka HERO! DURKA DURR

Scootap13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scootap13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scootap13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scootap13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scootap13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scootap13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scootap13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scootap13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scootap13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scootap13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scootap13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by HoganIsGOAT View Post
    I'll prompt this by saying I truly do respect firefighters. I've had a lot of exposure to firefighters from my prior career, and from my wife's Uncle, who has been a New York City firefighter for over 20 years.

I think most people appreciate what they do, after all, they're function is to help people in need. Let's be honest though, most of what they do is routine, and not dangerous, and often times a strong percentage of them are at least a little full of themselves. The stuff that is dangerous is usually something they are prepared for and have equipment for. Outside of rare major incidents like 9/11, how many firefighters die in the line of duty each year due to an actual injury from a function of the job? It's a very small amount (not that any amount isn't significant). There are far more dangerous jobs, such as fishing and logging. I'm sure they take pride in their job too, so how many of them have the bumper stickers and other 'look at me' paraphernalia too? They don't, which just reinforces my point.
    This 100% right, can confirm. There are those rare occasions where we are in a bad situation or in a building that we probably shouldnt be but that rarely ever happens, and like you said thats why we train and are prepared for whats to come. A "emergency" for a citizen isnt a emergency for us, its stuff we have seen and have delt with and for the most part are prepared to deal with again with our proper tools and equipment.
    FF/EMT Brah
    Seattle Seahawks Brah
    Seattle Mariners Brah
    UW Huskies Brah

meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HoganIsGOAT View Post

I think most people appreciate what they do, after all, they're function is to help people in need. Let's be honest though, most of what they do is routine, and not dangerous, and often times a strong percentage of them are at least a little full of themselves. The stuff that is dangerous is usually something they are prepared for and have equipment for. Outside of rare major incidents like 9/11, how many firefighters die in the line of duty each year due to an actual injury from a function of the job? It's a very small amount (not that any amount isn't significant). There are far more dangerous jobs, such as fishing and logging. I'm sure they take pride in their job, so how many of them have the bumper stickers and other 'look at me' paraphernalia too? They don't, which just reinforces my point.
    Hazardous and dangerous conditions apply to areas other than a buildings on fire. In our state, the fire dept responds to most 911 calls. These are medical emergencies. On a weekly basis Fire fighters will come in contact with HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis, and other infectious diseases. I view these contacts as a dangerous work environment and it is routine.

6714 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 6714 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 6714 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 6714 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 6714 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 6714 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Having my Father, two uncles, brother on the paid fire department. As of now im going for the fire department with a degree in Municipal Fire Protection.

Over 40 years total of fire service there^

here's the truth:

Fire Fighters get more respect then our own military, do I think its right? Nope, although fire fighters do take a lot of risk its nothing compared to a grunt in Afghanistan. Sleeping on the ground, being away from family for sometimes more than a year, pay isn't what it should be, so hot combat boots melt on the ground during patrol.

MOST fire departments are not what you would think, 90% of the fire service is medical. Not breaking down doors and being macho carrying someone out. How about Paramedics these guys get little respect.

Some fire fighters you see around here are all into themselves, there's a lot of cheating around the stations. Yes it is very cliché to see a big ford f150 red truck with fire stickers on it.

My two cents.

gibbypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gibbypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gibbypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gibbypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gibbypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gibbypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gibbypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gibbypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gibbypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gibbypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gibbypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BrunoTheBandit View Post
    Lol @ soldier hating ****s ITT

Soldier>fire fighter
    Lol, k. BRB getting a high and tight

BRAHzzers is a name known to all. (+5000) BRAHzzers is a name known to all. (+5000) BRAHzzers is a name known to all. (+5000) BRAHzzers is a name known to all. (+5000) BRAHzzers is a name known to all. (+5000) BRAHzzers is a name known to all. (+5000) BRAHzzers is a name known to all. (+5000) BRAHzzers is a name known to all. (+5000) BRAHzzers is a name known to all. (+5000) BRAHzzers is a name known to all. (+5000) BRAHzzers is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Because a firefighter is an alpha career choice. Much respect to all paid and volunteer firefighters. They should be proud of what they do.

Originally Posted by 6714 View Post
    Having my Father, two uncles, brother on the paid fire department. As of now im going for the fire department with a degree in Municipal Fire Protection.

here's the truth:

Fire Fighters get more respect then our own military, do I think its right? Nope, although fire fighters do take a lot of risk its nothing compared to a grunt in Afghanistan. Sleeping on the ground, being away from family for sometimes more than a year, pay isn't what it should be, so hot combat boots melt on the ground during patrol.

MOST fire departments are not what you would think, 90% of the fire service is medical. Not breaking down doors and being macho carrying someone out. How about Paramedics these guys get little respect.

Some fire fighters you see around here are all into themselves, there's a lot of cheating around the stations. Yes it is very cliché to see a big ford f150 red truck with fire stickers on it.

My two cents.
    Respect your two cents and yes MOST depts are about 80% medical, 20% Fires and MVC's (motor vehicle collisions) for those who dont know.

But what is this "there's a lot of cheating around the stations"????

Respect to your Father and two uncles and there 40 years combined but did you just generalize them and call them as well as myself and my brothers cheaters?? lol

If you have a personal experience or know of a "cheating" incident then feel free to add that to your "two cents" but dont generalize that "there is a lot of cheating around the stations" like you work there or know.
    FF/EMT Brah
    Seattle Seahawks Brah
    Seattle Mariners Brah
    UW Huskies Brah

GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It is a Brotherhood.

You are scheduled to work on Christmas but you have young kids and a wife at home? A brother who is single is going to step up for you and work your shift.

Line of duty death? Money will be raised for your kids, and your kids will always have Uncles. The widow will not have to worry about cooking and cleaning, because plenty of brothers will step up to the task.

First year on the job as a firefighter? You are a piece of sh 1t scumbag. You gotta work hard for this job. First to arrive, last to leave. First to clean, last to sleep. STFU, no one cares about your opinion, go study or drill.

The trust the public gives you. It is often unspoken. They pays us because of what we are willing to do, at a moments notice. In a fire, medical emergency, or a traffic accident. It could even be your Grandma had a fall in the middle of the night and needs help back to bed. A tremendous pride in the job but is also very humbling being able to protect and serve the public, no matter who you are.

Line of duty deaths are rare but can happen. Cancer, job stress, injury, divorce and psychological issues can be realities for some firemen. Missing important days. Alot of firemen deal with guilt. Is it fair to my kids/wife? We want to go to fires and into danger to save lives. Knowing the brother next to you at a fire or emergency is watching your back and vice versa.

The pull of the job is strong. Brotherhood and helping people. Living and loving your mission and purpose in life, and believing in that so much you will be willingly to put the ultimate sacrifice, what could be better?

Some prefer to be more under the radar, and some like to display it. If you are going to display it, then watch your actions and do not dishonor your department and firefighters everywhere. No cutting off drivers, no getting drunk in a bar, loud/disrespectful neighbor, etc.

Cacophony is just really nice. (+1000) Cacophony is just really nice. (+1000) Cacophony is just really nice. (+1000) Cacophony is just really nice. (+1000) Cacophony is just really nice. (+1000) Cacophony is just really nice. (+1000) Cacophony is just really nice. (+1000) Cacophony is just really nice. (+1000) Cacophony is just really nice. (+1000) Cacophony is just really nice. (+1000) Cacophony is just really nice. (+1000)
    Lol I get you OP, they all come to my gym. BRB pulling up firetruck in fireline, all wearing XXFD on every piece of clothing. Brb poverty workouts(atleast they are working out at all). But they are all like 140 lbs or grossely overweight. Wouldnottrusttodragmy210lbassoutofbuilding/10
    - Misc Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Crew -

midwestdude99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) midwestdude99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) midwestdude99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) midwestdude99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) midwestdude99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) midwestdude99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) midwestdude99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) midwestdude99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) midwestdude99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) midwestdude99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) midwestdude99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    From what I have learned, they spend a huge amount of each month living at the station. Personally I think it would be sick to be that in love with your job.

GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 6714 View Post

here's the truth:

My two cents.
    Most firefighters would agree too about military vs fd. To me the bravest are those grunts in Afghanistan and the kids in those children's hospitals.

What do you mean by cheating?