Thread: Walmart vs GNC

ezrollin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ezrollin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ezrollin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ezrollin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ezrollin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ezrollin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ezrollin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ezrollin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ezrollin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ezrollin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ezrollin will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Walmart vs GNC

Which is best for say... multivitamins, creatine, protein, NOS, glutamine?

My sister says that if you are buying multivitamins from walmart then you are wasting your $$ because they have no nutrition/vitamins in them.
    This CANT be true can it?

who all buys walmart supps?
    thanks

RossDB is on a distinguished road. (+10) RossDB is on a distinguished road. (+10) RossDB is on a distinguished road. (+10) RossDB is on a distinguished road. (+10) RossDB is on a distinguished road. (+10) RossDB is on a distinguished road. (+10) RossDB is on a distinguished road. (+10) RossDB is on a distinguished road. (+10) RossDB is on a distinguished road. (+10) RossDB is on a distinguished road. (+10) RossDB is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I buy all my protein, glutamine, creatine, and multivitamins from walmart. Just look at the ingredients, theyre the same if not better at walmart.

GNC just puts its name on things and charges 2x everyone else, them and Cell-tech (which GNC just also happens to sell).
    wut?

Volz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ezrollin View Post
    Which is best for say... multivitamins, creatine, protein, NOS, glutamine?

My sister says that if you are buying multivitamins from walmart then you are wasting your $$ because they have no nutrition/vitamins in them.
    This CANT be true can it?

who all buys walmart supps?
    thanks
    Do a study, buy some from both. To be honest I actually noticed a difference when I take GNC's Mega Men or Animal Pak compared to a knock off store brand. Some people say they notice nothing, but everyone is different. All I can say is not all supplements are created equal. Good luck bro!
    Keep it simple!

ezrollin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ezrollin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ezrollin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ezrollin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ezrollin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ezrollin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ezrollin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ezrollin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ezrollin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ezrollin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ezrollin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    in what way could you notice a difference in a mega man vs a walmart multivitamin? thanks

Sohan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If I had to pick Walmart of GNC it would be GNC anyday. Walmart are 100% unethical.

bldntz1856 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bldntz1856 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bldntz1856 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bldntz1856 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bldntz1856 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bldntz1856 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bldntz1856 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bldntz1856 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bldntz1856 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bldntz1856 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bldntz1856 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Volz00 View Post
    Do a study, buy some from both. To be honest I actually noticed a difference when I take GNC's Mega Men or Animal Pak compared to a knock off store brand. Some people say they notice nothing, but everyone is different. All I can say is not all supplements are created equal. Good luck bro!
    The one thing I have always looked for is the content/ quality of the products sold. Walmart will sell whatever it can move out the door, i.e. they tend to have many vitamins that limit the overall effectiveness of the product. You really have to watch what you buy, but the protein is what it is. I have found that the glutamine sold at Wal-Mart is 9.97$ for a tub of 66 servings! You will not find anything at that price at GNC, but as far as my NO, Creatine, and many other supplements I am constantly waiting for the right deal at GNC. The range of products, and in general with the overall price savings through promotions/ Gold Card week I can save tons of money. I always go to the same store, and I have always found a way to have the GNC store manager to get me a Gold Card discount on every purchase no matter when I buy. Plus GNC is always reducing prices of products that are no longer going to be stocked, or that are getting ready to expire in 6 months. I got a month supply of protein with glutamine, x-tra Luecine and some other added benefits for 18$. Keep looking, and don't forget to use bb.com. Hard to top their prices!
    Your Priorities are the results of your Decisions and Actions!

DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I use creatine and glutamine from body fortress, found in walmart I find them to be effective for the the price

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    in what way could you notice a difference in a mega man vs a walmart multivitamin? thanks
    Besides the amounts and contents... The overall quality of the product does play a role in getting the most out of it... How the body processes the nutrients is highly dependant not only upon how they are packaged (cap or tab), but also upon the form in which they are in.

Let's take Vitamin B12 for example. You can find it in many different forms when contained within multivitamins - Cyanocobalamin, Methylcobalamin and 5-deoxyadenosyl Cobalamin. Cyanocobalamin needs to be first converted by the body to forms that the body uses - Methylcobalamin and 5-deoxyadenosyl Cobalamin. So you can see why Cyanocobalamin would be less than optimal in comparison to Methylcobalamin and 5-deoxyadenosyl Cobalamin.

Other examples include the forms that minerals are in. Chelated forms of many minerals are absorbed by the body better than mineral salts. Let's take Zinc for example. One of the chelated forms of Zinc - Zinc Picolinate, is absorbed by the body better than lesser quality forms like Zinc Oxide.

Now finally add to that the manufacturing method of the multi - A Serious Multivitamin Question: Tablets or Capsules?. Compression tablets may not achieve disintegration in the right spot for proper absorption.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Originally Posted by Sohan View Post
    If I had to pick Walmart of GNC it would be GNC anyday. Walmart are 100% unethical.
    100% unethical you say?
    please give me a reason why on such harsh bashing? thanks

jsaun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsaun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsaun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsaun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsaun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsaun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsaun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsaun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsaun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsaun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsaun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    watch the movie Wakeup Walmart

Elite8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I perfer GNC, better prices, with all their deals, like 50% off if u buy 2, and first week of month like everything is like 20% off, not to mention GNC's own "Pro Performance Line" is like the generic brand for GNC, and most of their stuff works just as good.

GNC > Walmart Definitly
    I try lol.

Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000)
    100% unethical you say?
    please give me a reason why on such harsh bashing? thanks
    you have honestly not heard of how wal-mart operates?

Originally Posted by Veeshmack View Post
    you have honestly not heard of how wal-mart operates?

obviously not. I've seen the show on how KFC tortures chickens before they kill them. Please enlighten me grasshoppa

I was reading this thread and was like... I feel like I'm DYING for vitamins so I went to GNC, used my gold card and got 2 bottles of 90 caps of Mega Men for less than $9 each! whatadeal! Plus I got to talk to the hot lady
    EDIT: (NO HOMO!)
    Last edited by ezrollin; 04-05-2008 at 01:43 PM.

Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000)
    http://www.walmartmovie.com/
    http://wakeupwalmart.com/

just a few
    search it up and educate yourself

Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xc is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Volz00 View Post
    What did you notice
    Currently: Attending BB.com School of Medicine.
    Retired From BB.com
    --NRC--

Sohan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sohan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Veeshmack View Post
    http://www.walmartmovie.com/
    http://wakeupwalmart.com/

just a few
    search it up and educate yourself
    reps for those links!

Eight years ago, Wal-Mart associate Debbie Shank’s minivan was broadsided by a semi-trailer truck. She survived the accident, but both her life and health were shattered. Debbie suffered severe brain damage, forever losing her short-term memory. Once an able-bodied mother of three, Debbie now requires around-the-clock care in a nursing home.

Debbie Shank was on a Wal-Mart health insurance plan, but it simply wasn’t enough to cover the expenses of a woman in need of permanent 24-hour care. So, the Shanks filed a suit against the trucking company, which was settled for about $1 million. After legal fees and miscellaneous expenses, the Shanks were left with $417,000. That’s when Wal-Mart decided things weren’t quite bad enough for the Shanks.

Wal-Mart sued the Shanks for $470,000: the amount covered by Debbie’s health benefits. Since the fine print of Wal-Mart's health care plan allowed the company to sue its associates for damages they earn in court, the law was, amazingly, on Wal-Mart's side.

In March of 2008, the mainstream media began running with the story, villanizing Wal-Mart for its apalling treatment of a former employee. Wal-Mart was finally forced to act responsibly, or face a growing public relations meltdown. On April 1st, Wal-Mart sent a letter to Jim Shank, officially withdrawing its claim to the Shank Family's settlement.

After years of being dragged through the courts, the Shanks can finally begin to piece their lives back together. We couldn't be happier for Debbie and her family. But, we still can't forget the other Wal-Mart associates who have been treated unfairly by Wal-Mart.

Let's not forget Olga Sanchez, who lost her job because Wal-Mart wouldn't let her see her son before he was deployed to Iraq; or Sean Thornton, who lost his job while he was on active duty. We can't let Wal-Mart forget the 1.6 million women involved in the largest certified gender discrimination lawsuit in history.

Through the Shanks' story, we've shown America that everyday people can change the world's largest retailer. That's an amazing thing. Let's keep pressure on Wal-Mart to change and, hopefully, we'll see better things to come for Wal-Mart's associates.
    scums
    Last edited by Sohan; 04-05-2008 at 01:53 PM.

Originally Posted by Sohan View Post
    reps for those links!
    np bro
    my Law/Economics teacher really loves that topic.
    he has about a month of straight classes devoted to the scandals behind walmart and similar companies. if you mention it in class and we're on another topic, he switches over, and an entire class goes on about it.
    we even get to watch the south park episode with walmart
    haha, i'm very educated on how walmart operates, and i will never go there anymore

Volz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I actually noticed I had more energy. And everything just seems to function better. I can't tell you the science behind it, but I definately notice when I'm taking Mega Men compared to taking a Walmart knock off in where I don't really feel any difference. Everyone is different though. Sometimes you get what you pay for. Good Luck bro!!!
    Keep it simple!

I took 1 mega men and my piss was radioactive yellow
    am I gonna die? lawl

I took 1 mega men and my piss was radioactive yellow
    am I gonna die? lawl
    haha you might need to drink some more water bro
    Keep it simple!

YOUR MOTHER'S BOOTY CALL steelo79's Avatar
    steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    walmart's multi's aren't that good, and if you're picky about the brands of creatine/no you use, then you have to go to gnc if it was between the 2.

although i'd NEVER go to gnc for anything aside from their multi vitamin. to be honest, i buy just about everything from walmart.

-protein
    -bcaa
    -vit c
    -flax oil
    -creatine mono
    -6 star NO
    -protein bars

then i go to gnc for their multi, although i'm almost out of a bottle, and i think i'm going to switch back to animal pak for a month.

and i'll pick up my fish oil from a place called tunies, 'cause i get the fisol brand.

when i feel like going on a big bulk stack, i will cruise over to nutrition depot and switch my creatine, and NO supps to gaspari, and then add novedex (and most recently haladrol) to my arsenal.

the reason why i switch creatine/NO when i'm going on novedex/haladrol is because i feel like with designer supplements it's a good idea to stick to one brand, because the company tests all of their products together, and creates them with each other in mind, and you're basically guaranteed not to double up on any added ingredients that you shouldn't be doubling up.
    my journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125520783

CaGray88 is just really nice. (+1000) CaGray88 is just really nice. (+1000) CaGray88 is just really nice. (+1000) CaGray88 is just really nice. (+1000) CaGray88 is just really nice. (+1000) CaGray88 is just really nice. (+1000) CaGray88 is just really nice. (+1000) CaGray88 is just really nice. (+1000) CaGray88 is just really nice. (+1000) CaGray88 is just really nice. (+1000) CaGray88 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have done my share of gnc bashing but walmart is much worse. Anyhow, I order all my supplements online. Quality supplements at cheaper prices.
    Anything I say is for educational purposes only and I do NOT condone the act or use of anything illegal.

quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by steelo79 View Post
    i feel like with designer supplements it's a good idea to stick to one brand, because the company tests all of their products together, and creates them with each other in mind, and you're basically guaranteed not to double up on any added ingredients that you shouldn't be doubling up.
    repped.