Thread: Ranger School

0800tony has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ranger School

Any ideas on how to train for ranger school? I know is pretty physically and mentally demanding, i was planning on training 10-15 reps with drop set until muscle failure to be able to push myself to my limits more and more each time. Maybe there were some veterans or prior rangers in this forum that could help me with this. Thanks a lot
    Tony
    Tony Ponce

Personal Trainer/Infantryman/Student

"Hoc etiam transibit"

ChadManAU will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadManAU will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadManAU will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadManAU will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadManAU will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadManAU will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadManAU will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadManAU will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadManAU will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadManAU will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadManAU will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cardio and lots of it, bodyweight stuff and lots of swimming as well. All about endurance there. Expect to lose 15-20 lbs while being there. Although you are only 140 so you shouldn't have to worry about that. Used to train ranger wannabes when I was in Auburn when they were trying to get ready for the school. Get out in the middle of the pool. Put your arms above your head and hold yourself up with your legs. Start with 5 min. Then work your way up to 10 then to 15. After that do the same thing with a 5lbs weight then 10 then 15.
    Endurance and the lack of eating seems to be what drops most people out of the training. Good luck.

Originally Posted by ChadManAU View Post
    Cardio and lots of it, bodyweight stuff and lots of swimming as well. All about endurance there. Expect to lose 15-20 lbs while being there. Although you are only 140 so you shouldn't have to worry about that. Used to train ranger wannabes when I was in Auburn when they were trying to get ready for the school. Get out in the middle of the pool. Put your arms above your head and hold yourself up with your legs. Start with 5 min. Then work your way up to 10 then to 15. After that do the same thing with a 5lbs weight then 10 then 15.
    Endurance and the lack of eating seems to be what drops most people out of the training. Good luck.
    Thanks, I quite didnt understand the part in the pool, what you mean by hold urself up with ur legs?
    Tony Ponce

"Hoc etiam transibit"

xTempest is on a distinguished road. (+10) xTempest is on a distinguished road. (+10) xTempest is on a distinguished road. (+10) xTempest is on a distinguished road. (+10) xTempest is on a distinguished road. (+10) xTempest is on a distinguished road. (+10) xTempest is on a distinguished road. (+10) xTempest is on a distinguished road. (+10) xTempest is on a distinguished road. (+10) xTempest is on a distinguished road. (+10) xTempest is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    He is referring to kicking your feet in the water to keep yourself afloat while having your hands above your head.

ChadManAU will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadManAU will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadManAU will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadManAU will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadManAU will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadManAU will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadManAU will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadManAU will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadManAU will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadManAU will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadManAU will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sorry, typing on my phone lol. Most people when they tread water they use both legs and arms. Someone people just use their arms. Well one of the test they put people through is treading water with just their legs. I'm sure things have changed sense 04 but what they would do is make them hold their gun with 2 hands above water and kick to hold their head above water. So what I would get guys to do was do the same thing with weights. Imagine trying to keep your head above water if you had no arms. Either learn to kick hard enough to hold you up but not so hard as to wear you out or drown.
    Get what I mean?

Ohhh alright that sounds like a pretty killer workout this should be fun
    Tony Ponce

"Hoc etiam transibit"

Registered User illmaticmindsta's Avatar
    illmaticmindsta is not very well liked. (-100) illmaticmindsta is not very well liked. (-100) illmaticmindsta is not very well liked. (-100) illmaticmindsta is not very well liked. (-100) illmaticmindsta is not very well liked. (-100) illmaticmindsta is not very well liked. (-100) illmaticmindsta is not very well liked. (-100) illmaticmindsta is not very well liked. (-100) illmaticmindsta is not very well liked. (-100) illmaticmindsta is not very well liked. (-100) illmaticmindsta is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by 0800tony View Post
    Any ideas on how to train for ranger school? I know is pretty physically and mentally demanding, i was planning on training 10-15 reps with drop set until muscle failure to be able to push myself to my limits more and more each time. Maybe there were some veterans or prior rangers in this forum that could help me with this. Thanks a lot
    Tony
    I don't know if there's really anyway to train for it. You're going to be on 2-hours sleep and working on a 4000 calorie per/day defecit for three months - not sure physical ability really has much to do with succeeding there. ****, I've known a couple fatties who went to Ranger School and passed and best believe they weren't PT Studs. Just like everything else in the Army - how much punishment you can take and how much stupid **** you can put up with.

Personally I think Ranger School is a complete waste of time and just represents everything that's wrong with the Army. Its all about showing whose shlong is bigger, who's more HOOAAH, who wants to destroy their body the most without reaping a SINGLE physical benefit from it. Train stupid seems to be the Army's motto in my experience. S'why I got out.

You're going to go into the woods for three months and learn how to suffer and pull 360 degree security. Thats all Ranger School amounts to. Notice how every newbie, cherry-ass Lieutenant in the Army has a Ranger Tab? Yep....completely worthless in my mind.

Its a suckfest where learning comes in a distant second to proving how HOOAAH you can be. Its retarded in my opinion.

Matto313 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matto313 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matto313 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matto313 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matto313 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matto313 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matto313 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matto313 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matto313 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matto313 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matto313 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by 0800tony View Post
    Tony
    Look up Stew Smith's Workout. That guy is a monster. His workouts are insane. He was an ex-ranger.

Registered User illmaticmindsta's Avatar
    illmaticmindsta is not very well liked. (-100) illmaticmindsta is not very well liked. (-100) illmaticmindsta is not very well liked. (-100) illmaticmindsta is not very well liked. (-100) illmaticmindsta is not very well liked. (-100) illmaticmindsta is not very well liked. (-100) illmaticmindsta is not very well liked. (-100) illmaticmindsta is not very well liked. (-100) illmaticmindsta is not very well liked. (-100) illmaticmindsta is not very well liked. (-100) illmaticmindsta is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Matto313 View Post
    Look up Stew Smith's Workout. That guy is a monster. His workouts are insane. He was an ex-ranger.
    SEAL, not Ranger.

Sounds good, thanks for the input guys
    Tony Ponce

"Hoc etiam transibit"

Colinus22 is not very helpful. (-500) Colinus22 is not very helpful. (-500) Colinus22 is not very helpful. (-500) Colinus22 is not very helpful. (-500) Colinus22 is not very helpful. (-500) Colinus22 is not very helpful. (-500) Colinus22 is not very helpful. (-500) Colinus22 is not very helpful. (-500) Colinus22 is not very helpful. (-500) Colinus22 is not very helpful. (-500) Colinus22 is not very helpful. (-500)
    There is a USMC thread in the MISC.

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Run and run some more. Practice on doing functional tasks with little to no sleep. Then go run some more.

Toughen up your feet.
    Psalm 121