2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Jefferson Squats

Anybody do Jefferson Squats? I'm thinking of starting them. They work the hams and glutes. They're supposed to hit the muscles much like lunges. Just wondering if anyone has experience and if so, any advice?

David

BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There is a video of Kai Greene doing these. He SS thems with another lift that I cannot remember at the moment that he swears by.
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by BuckSpin View Post
    There is a video of Kai Greene doing these. He SS thems with another lift that I cannot remember at the moment that he swears by.
    Greene is a beast. The article in Flex, from which the picture is taken says that Greene and Freeman are the only pros doing them. By the looks, they appear to be a good fit for me, as lunges bother my knees.
    David

bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've always wanted to try them but I don't want to end up injuring my hoohah.
    Be, be here, be there, be that, be this
    Be grateful for life, be grateful to life
    Be gleeful everyday, for being the best swimmer among 500,000
    ~It's Your World, POPS

mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mlandis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by bebeklein View Post
    I've always wanted to try them but I don't want to end up injuring my hoohah.
    Yeah, I was thinking of something along the same lines, too dangerous looking for me!

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I tried doing them this morning just for the fun of it; I can barely sit down and I only used about 80 pounds for four sets. (Got eight reps with all of them). Very awkward at first, but I soon got used to them. They are a real killer; think I'll keep them in my workouts.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

Originally Posted by GuyJin View Post
    I tried doing them this morning just for the fun of it; I can barely sit down and I only used about 80 pounds for four sets. (Got eight reps with all of them). Very awkward at first, but I soon got used to them. They are a real killer; think I'll keep them in my workouts.
    Thanks. I'm definitely trying them.
    David

Smolovian apprentice mharrislove's Avatar
    mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    Anybody do Jefferson Squats? I'm thinking of starting them. They work the hams and glutes. They're supposed to hit the muscles much like lunges. Just wondering if anyone has experience and if so, any advice?
    Hey, 2nd_chance

I first saw Jeffersons performed in one of the MD Kai Greene training vids; after some practice, I now perform them 2 to 3 times over my split routine cycle. Lunges were starting to bother my knees, so Jeffersons were a welcome replacement.

Since it is a compound movement, your pre-exhaustion method will provide some flexibility regarding how to use the lift. I have used it effectively for training both quads and hams.

Regarding technique, the article you scanned was correct about the need to alter the stance with each set. You will also spend a little time mastering the grip (I like the underhand grip/leading leg + overhand grip/trailing leg) and ensuring that you maintain your lumbar curve before initiating the lift.

Similar to a deadlift, you may find it helpful to "preload" the bar, by first pulling just hard enough to pull the shoulders down and lock the spine, before continuing to pull with the full force needed to lift the bar off of the ground. Once you get going, it will occur to you that you can use "continuous tension" and not rest the bar between reps, or to rest the bar on the ground and "reset your form" with each rep. If the weight is light, then you can do the continuous motion thing; once your reps fall below 8 to 10, it may be wise to rest the bar on the ground and reset with each rep.

Regarding the previous posts concerning gonad insurance, you shouldn't worry. You are a guy: protecting your most prized possessions is an instinct, not a learned skill. Your reflexes will not fail you...do the lift.
    "First train the mind, then the body."

Made from all-natural products since 1968...no gear, no HRT, no prohormones.

pointreyes will become famous soon enough. (+50) pointreyes will become famous soon enough. (+50) pointreyes will become famous soon enough. (+50) pointreyes will become famous soon enough. (+50) pointreyes will become famous soon enough. (+50) pointreyes will become famous soon enough. (+50) pointreyes will become famous soon enough. (+50) pointreyes will become famous soon enough. (+50) pointreyes will become famous soon enough. (+50) pointreyes will become famous soon enough. (+50) pointreyes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Figures that I just completed doing lunges in my workout tonight and then I see this thread.

I searched for more information on this squat - BB.com has details on it: http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercise...fferson-squats

Stance (foot position) is different though.

6' 195lbs 32" W 17.5" Gs HeismanWatch's Avatar
    HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What type of shoe does that dude have on?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance...
    Pre-W/O Weight Days = IntrAbolic
    Post-W/O Weight Days = Purple Intrain
    PWO Weight Days = 100% Whey Optimum
    Protein Drink Between Meals = Myofusion
    BCAA's Throughout the Day = Xtend
    PRE Cardio Days = Purple Wraath
    PWO Cardio Days = Xtend
    Multi-Vitamin = Source Naturals Life Force
    Flex = Animal Flex
    Cissus = Supplement Direct

Originally Posted by mharrislove View Post
    Hey, 2nd_chance

I first saw Jeffersons performed in one of the MD Kai Greene training vids; after some practice, I now perform them 2 to 3 times over my split routine cycle. Lunges were starting to bother my knees, so Jeffersons were a welcome replacement.

Since it is a compound movement, your pre-exhaustion method will provide some flexibility regarding how to use the lift. I have used it effectively for training both quads and hams.

Regarding technique, the article you scanned was correct about the need to alter the stance with each set. You will also spend a little time mastering the grip (I like the underhand grip/leading leg + overhand grip/trailing leg) and ensuring that you maintain your lumbar curve before initiating the lift.

Similar to a deadlift, you may find it helpful to "preload" the bar, by first pulling just hard enough to pull the shoulders down and lock the spine, before continuing to pull with the full force needed to lift the bar off of the ground. Once you get going, it will occur to you that you can use "continuous tension" and not rest the bar between reps, or to rest the bar on the ground and "reset your form" with each rep. If the weight is light, then you can do the continuous motion thing; once your reps fall below 8 to 10, it may be wise to rest the bar on the ground and reset with each rep.

Regarding the previous posts concerning gonad insurance, you shouldn't worry. You are a guy: protecting your most prized possessions is an instinct, not a learned skill. Your reflexes will not fail you...do the lift.
    Thanks for the advice MHL. Really appreciated.
    David

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've got to try these!

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    bummed that these have nothing to do with George Jefferson

Watch dis, Weezy!
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    bummed that these have nothing to do with George Jefferson

Watch dis, Weezy!
    Great...it's going to be hell trying to maintain my form tomorrow without LMAO at this image!

mbishoff is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbishoff is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbishoff is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbishoff is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbishoff is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbishoff is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbishoff is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbishoff is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbishoff is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbishoff is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbishoff is on a distinguished road. (+10)

j squats

this looks like hack squats where you put the bar behind you and basically deadl lift. For me, when i do heavy or mod wt, and get my reps up, i usually go so hard that i sometimes drop the bar at some point. Thats why i would not do this.

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    Watch dis, Weezy!
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

► ► ►Dirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts ◄ ◄ ◄ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by HeismanWatch View Post
    What type of shoe does that dude have on?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance...
    Looks like it may be Otomix. If so, the man has good taste and is obviously very intelligent. That is what I use. :P

Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    LMAO. You've outdone yourself this time Charles!!!!
    David

GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There's a set of stones in Scotland called the Dinnie Stones. They are a pair of stones with handles in them that together weigh around 775lbs. There is a web page dedicated to those that have lifted them with witnesses. Some of the guys I know and they do Jeffersons as part of getting ready for them. It mimics the most successful way of lifting the beasts. I always thought they were beyond even my wildest dreams until last summer when I got a similar set weighing 650 up without straps. When I go back next I'm going to try to at least get them up one at a time, who knows maybe I'll go for it. Let me see if I can find the page...
    Last edited by GnomusMaximus; 12-30-2009 at 07:02 PM.
    Gnomefit...ain't for everybody, only the sexy people.

GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    LMAO. You've outdone yourself this time Charles!!!!
    Words...fail... Brain...implodes...

Sorry, Kai Greene and Toney Freeman, but the Jefferson lift has a new spokesperson!

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Talking

GM,

Just saw the pics on the link you put up. I'd hate to be the "rock monster" those two suckers were yanked off of! Damn! Dem roks looks hevvy!
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

Next time I'm in Scotland I'm taking a tug at them. I'm pretty sure I can get them one at a time.

Registered User superman1_forev's Avatar
    superman1_forev will become famous soon enough. (+50) superman1_forev will become famous soon enough. (+50) superman1_forev will become famous soon enough. (+50) superman1_forev will become famous soon enough. (+50) superman1_forev will become famous soon enough. (+50) superman1_forev will become famous soon enough. (+50) superman1_forev will become famous soon enough. (+50) superman1_forev will become famous soon enough. (+50) superman1_forev will become famous soon enough. (+50) superman1_forev will become famous soon enough. (+50) superman1_forev will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I threw these into my leg routine last week and today, using 135 lbs for 4x10! I think they're effective at the end of a workout. I widen my back leg and set at an "L-shaped" stance to focus on hamstring, teardrop, and inner thigh a bit more! But, definitely a great "old-school" addition to a leg workout; highly recommended! !
    "The competitor to be feared the most is the one who never worries about others but goes on making himself better all the time." -Blake Griffin

dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GnomusMaximus View Post
    That is cool, would be great to see your name up there!
    Instagram - @dazlittle123

db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The rings on those stones look painfully small.
    01/07/06 - Quit Drinking. 03/15/08 - Quit Smoking.
    06/01/09 - At 118lbs, started lifting, intarweb fasting, and crab backtraced cycling.