StrongMan728 is just really nice. (+1000) StrongMan728 is just really nice. (+1000) StrongMan728 is just really nice. (+1000) StrongMan728 is just really nice. (+1000) StrongMan728 is just really nice. (+1000) StrongMan728 is just really nice. (+1000) StrongMan728 is just really nice. (+1000) StrongMan728 is just really nice. (+1000) StrongMan728 is just really nice. (+1000) StrongMan728 is just really nice. (+1000) StrongMan728 is just really nice. (+1000)

I need help getting to 170 pounds

I weigh 190 pounds and i have to compete at 170 pounds and i need help losing the 20 pounds. I need help for a diet plan because i have to compete in two months. I also need to know what i should do to lose the weight.

Registered User PrettyPinkDonut's Avatar
    PrettyPinkDonut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrettyPinkDonut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrettyPinkDonut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrettyPinkDonut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrettyPinkDonut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrettyPinkDonut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrettyPinkDonut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrettyPinkDonut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrettyPinkDonut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrettyPinkDonut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrettyPinkDonut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    really watch your carbs
    be sure a lot of your meals consist primarily of veggies and lean meat
    drink plenty of water

i usually eat everyday: protein shake with fruit and benefiber, like a veggie and meat stir fry (soy sauce), eggs and ground beef is pretty good 0 carbs

eat complex carbs after working out

ive dropped from 170 for my fight at 145 next saturday
    "If the worst thing you ever do in your life is lose a fight than you lived a pretty good life.... " Useless Gomez

RIP MONTE
    ???-November 3,2009

1-0 MMA
    2-0 Boxing

scottyknows13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    if you honestly have to ask a forum on how to cut weight....... you have no business being in any sort of mixed martial arts contest. also who the hell weighs in a week before their fight? both full of **** imo......

p.s., its called abelone. you put it on, sit in the sauna, lose all your water weight and feel like **** for a bit then put it on the following day.

Aaronistheone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aaronistheone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aaronistheone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aaronistheone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aaronistheone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aaronistheone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aaronistheone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aaronistheone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aaronistheone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aaronistheone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aaronistheone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by scottyknows13 View Post
    if you honestly have to ask a forum on how to cut weight....... you have no business being in any sort of mixed martial arts contest. also who the hell weighs in a week before their fight? both full of **** imo......

p.s., its called abelone. you put it on, sit in the sauna, lose all your water weight and feel like **** for a bit then put it on the following day.
    seriouslly if you dont know how to cut... why r u competing.. :/

but in wrestling i used to sit in a sauna for about 5 hours and workout 30 on 30 off and i lost a lot doing that. i didnt drink water or eat the whole day except maybe a can of tuna for a little protein. and i would also the morning after that wrestle with my beanie on wrestling warm up suit and some hoodys we did drills for an hour or so and by then id cut 15 pounds. total. i didnt have to diet for 2 months... thats not how you do it. if i were u id only diet off about 5-10 pounds and cut the rest as water weight.
    ftw

neomage2021 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neomage2021 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neomage2021 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neomage2021 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neomage2021 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neomage2021 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neomage2021 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neomage2021 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neomage2021 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neomage2021 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neomage2021 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    2 months? you are already right where you need to be. I walk around at 165-167 ish adn fight at 145. maybe do some extra cardio lose 5 lbs so you only have 15 lbs of water weight to cut.

cutting 15 lbs in a week is easy. Google how to cut weight for a fight and you will get all the info you need.

oh and its called ALBOLENE not abelone... abolene is danish for apollonia

Albolene is great to use in combination with sauna/sauna suit. Just rub the stuff all over yourself, put on your sauna suit, do some light work, then jump in the sauna for atleast an hour before checking your weight.

here is how I cut (15 lbs in one week...easy as cake). Starting 2-3 weeks before weigh in drink 2+ gallons of water a day. get your body used to expelling extra water. 7 days before the weigh in drop the water down to a gallon. starting eating lighter. 4 days before drop down to half a gallon of water or less, still eating light.

48-36 hours before weigh in....NO MORE FOOD. Eat half a power bar to help out if you need to. 24 hours before the weigh in cut out all the water. Sip a tiny bit of water if you need to.

Morning of the weigh by now you should have already lost a good amount of weight. hopefully in the neighborhood of 5-8 lbs left to cut. Now its time for the pain to begin!!!!!

You want to make sure you fnish the cut with some sparetime (about an hour until weigh in) just in case.

For me this means 2.5-3 hours before weigh ins.

First rub albolene all over your body (chest, back, arms, legs). Now put on ther sauna suit. I also liek putting on a heavy hoodie over that.

Go bike, treadmill. jump rope whatever for 15-20 minutes to get the sweat flowing.
    NOw get in the sauna! Stay in there...this is the hardest part. You will wnat nothing more than to get the hell out of there. Keep moving, shadow boxing, jumping jacks as much as possible. Towards the end of the hour in there you will be feelign so miserable all you wnat to do is sit. At this point that is okay. After your hour trapped in hell get out dry off adn check your weight. You should be on weight. If not time to put it all back on and get back in there. checking weight every 20 mins.

Congrats...go weigh in.

After weigh in DO NOT chug a bunch of liquid. You will just throw it up and besides your body can only reabsorb about a liter an hour. I recommend pedialyte. It tastes like salty ass but it works best. If not dilute gatorade 1:1 with water and sip that for the first hour. Dinrk either 1 liter of pedialyte or 1 liter of 1:1 gatorade to water in that hour.

After that feel free to drink as much water as you can over the next 20 hours or so before th fight. As soon as you are feelign up to it eat lots of fruits, veggies, lean meat, and rice. I recommend having a huge breakfast and eating light the rest of the day of the fight/tournament

Hotel bathrooms/any small bathroom with really hot shower cna work very well as a make shift sauna. If needed. Just seal up the door with towels
    Last edited by neomage2021; 07-20-2009 at 12:51 PM.