Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Lifting Bombs and stuff Gomer_Pyle's Avatar
    Gomer_Pyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomer_Pyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomer_Pyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomer_Pyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomer_Pyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomer_Pyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomer_Pyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomer_Pyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomer_Pyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomer_Pyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomer_Pyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by hellasx44 View Post
    i think a honda 600 f4i should be on that list, pretty ill lookin bike and slow plus the 2001 looks the same as the 05 so you can get em for cheap
    added
    Figuring things out for yourself is practically the only freedom anyone really has nowadays. Use that freedom.
    USA

Troyisalwaysme will become famous soon enough. (+50) Troyisalwaysme will become famous soon enough. (+50) Troyisalwaysme will become famous soon enough. (+50) Troyisalwaysme will become famous soon enough. (+50) Troyisalwaysme will become famous soon enough. (+50) Troyisalwaysme will become famous soon enough. (+50) Troyisalwaysme will become famous soon enough. (+50) Troyisalwaysme will become famous soon enough. (+50) Troyisalwaysme will become famous soon enough. (+50) Troyisalwaysme will become famous soon enough. (+50) Troyisalwaysme will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by joshrain View Post
    in on interesting thread. im looking into buying a bike in the near future. although im kind of leaning toward getting a harley as a first bike, so i can take a long trip across canada or something of that sort. although i love the street bikes too, and i know one day i will get one. i've always wanted a kawasaki ninja ever since i was younger. unfortunately, i'm 21 now and i've never rode a motorcycle at all and i'm on an extended vacation right now living in vancouver, and i watch all these beautiful ninjas drive past me everyday, and all i can do is dream .... any interesting stories on how you all got into riding ?? its always been a dream of mine.

Grew up around them at a young age. Most my parents friends had harleys. I didn't start getting interested until I saw 10/15 sport bikes riding together was like 15. 22 now got my L and a gs500. Started trying to find people to ride with and found a site where they host rides. Ended up going on my first group ride 30+. Met some peopel ended up chilling with them on the weekends and asked if I wanted to join their club and I did.

Platinum Series Member hellasx44's Avatar
    hellasx44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hellasx44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hellasx44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hellasx44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hellasx44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hellasx44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hellasx44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hellasx44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hellasx44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hellasx44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hellasx44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Gomer_Pyle View Post
    added
    word ill thread, its necessary
    WHAT!!??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBqoaW2oEsU

overMotivated is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) overMotivated is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) overMotivated is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) overMotivated is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) overMotivated is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) overMotivated is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) overMotivated is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) overMotivated is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) overMotivated is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) overMotivated is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) overMotivated is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I havent ridden before, i dont have a bike, but im looking for one and did massive amoutns of research. So im gonna contribute to this thread with valuable links ive gathered over time... maybe stick them in the first post.

Ergonomics of bikes:
    For me this was a crucial factor in beginning to look into which bikes ill be hunting for once i start shopping (next few months). Sat at a dealership on bikes and the ergos of 600 feel much better than upright cruiser style 500 and 650s. Personal preference.

http://cycle-ergo.com/

On safety and gear:

http://weblog.masukomi.org/2008/04/0...le-and-not-die

Levels of protection:

http://motoblag.com/blag/?p=104

On CE armor in motorcycle gear, and how much energy it takes to penetrate said armor... to create an image of how much more protection you get from riding equipped:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorcycle_armor
    Look at all those people down there, they follow the rules for what? They're letting fear lead them.

What happens if they don't?

Life's simple - you make choices and you dont look back.

fieldysnutz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fieldysnutz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fieldysnutz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fieldysnutz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fieldysnutz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fieldysnutz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fieldysnutz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fieldysnutz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fieldysnutz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fieldysnutz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fieldysnutz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i think a honda 600 f4i should be on that list, pretty ill lookin bike and slow plus the 2001 looks the same as the 05 so you can get em for cheap
    I was under the influence that the F4i was just an RR with the suspension set up different and different seat + fairings. Therefore not exactly slow lol.

Gomer_Pyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomer_Pyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomer_Pyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomer_Pyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomer_Pyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomer_Pyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomer_Pyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomer_Pyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomer_Pyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomer_Pyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomer_Pyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by overMotivated View Post
    -snip-
    added those in with credit to you

thanks
    Figuring things out for yourself is practically the only freedom anyone really has nowadays. Use that freedom.
    USA

hellasx44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hellasx44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hellasx44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hellasx44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hellasx44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hellasx44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hellasx44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hellasx44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hellasx44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hellasx44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hellasx44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by fieldysnutz View Post
    I was under the influence that the F4i was just an RR with the suspension set up different and different seat + fairings. Therefore not exactly slow lol.
    nope its a a different version of a f4

to this

i almost bought one like that but a better deal came up for a gsxr 750
    WHAT!!??

joshrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    awesome guys great stories and info. keep this thread goin
    "Cowards die many times before their death. The valiant taste death but only once."
    ~~ William Shakespeare

fieldysnutz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fieldysnutz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fieldysnutz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fieldysnutz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fieldysnutz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fieldysnutz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fieldysnutz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fieldysnutz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fieldysnutz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fieldysnutz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fieldysnutz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hmmmm.... interdasting. I've seen like '01-03 F4i's on craigslist for around 3-3.5k with low miles on them. Seems like pretty good deals. Might look into one.

Hmmmm.... interdasting. I've seen like '01-03 F4i's on craigslist for around 3-3.5k with low miles on them. Seems like pretty good deals. Might look into one.
    Pretty fun bike to ride, hear they make great mid range stunt bikes too if you decide to get into that
    USA

TuongLuKim is just really nice. (+1000) TuongLuKim is just really nice. (+1000) TuongLuKim is just really nice. (+1000) TuongLuKim is just really nice. (+1000) TuongLuKim is just really nice. (+1000) TuongLuKim is just really nice. (+1000) TuongLuKim is just really nice. (+1000) TuongLuKim is just really nice. (+1000) TuongLuKim is just really nice. (+1000) TuongLuKim is just really nice. (+1000) TuongLuKim is just really nice. (+1000)
    in for future. cant afford a car, might get a bike, seems like a better community anyway
    fawkin joocy

***Irish Misc Crew***

during the winter ive seen em go down to like 2-2.5 on craigslist through lowballin
    WHAT!!??

chotaadmi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chotaadmi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chotaadmi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chotaadmi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chotaadmi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chotaadmi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chotaadmi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chotaadmi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chotaadmi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chotaadmi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chotaadmi is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    come at me noobs

corner speed > straight line speed

^learn about it
    *Knee Draggers Unite*

03 Ninja 250

joshrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Windclimber will answer this hopefully

good links

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1104806/ this you lol?
    and yeah its really never too late to start, man up and get one if you have the money.

I got into riding by seeing a sportbike and going i want one of those, saved up, took the course, and started paying down on my bike. Now i ride it everywhere.
    dude !! that movie looks amazing. im going to watch it right now lol. i came from ontario to vancouver by train this year. and im going back home for school and work opportunities in the next month. maybe the year after, i will ride back out here, or possibly out east first. but this movie you recommended looks to be great inspiration to do something like that !! haha is it also a strange coincidence that i look similar to the actor, and that we have the same first name.
    "Cowards die many times before their death. The valiant taste death but only once."
    ~~ William Shakespeare

Originally Posted by joshrain View Post
    dude !! that movie looks amazing. im going to watch it right now lol. i came from ontario to vancouver by train this year. and im going back home for school and work opportunities in the next month. maybe the year after, i will ride back out here, or possibly out east first. but this movie you recommended looks to be great inspiration to do something like that !! haha is it also a strange coincidence that i look similar to the actor, and that we have the same first name.
    its kind of a mushy movie but its still damn good and inspirational, and that is very weird haha maybe its your calling to do the ride?

BTW the movie is on netflix instant
    USA

Pretty fun bike to ride, hear they make great mid range stunt bikes too if you decide to get into that
    Yeah it seems like the perfect mix to me for everyday commuting and a bike you could have fun on. Not too sure I'd ever get into stunting but if one day I decide to get a new bike and keep the F4i then I could just take off the fairings and voila haha.

during the winter ive seen em go down to like 2-2.5 on craigslist through lowballin
    Yeah I was planning on buying a bike this winter through craigslist. I would jump on the chance to buy one for 2-2.5k. Will definitely keep my eye out for one.

SydCBDNSW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SydCBDNSW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SydCBDNSW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SydCBDNSW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SydCBDNSW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SydCBDNSW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SydCBDNSW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SydCBDNSW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SydCBDNSW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SydCBDNSW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SydCBDNSW has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Lightbulb

Cliffs
    -left hand is clutch
    -left foot is gear selector
    -right hand is front brakes
    -right foot is rear brakes (DONT USE THIS BY ITSELF ONLY IN EMERGENCY BRAKING SITUATIONS)

Always enter a turn wide. Dont stay all the way to the right when making a right turn and vice versa. Set up the right turn by turning wide left and sharp right turn

- Look into your turn, do not look at things you dont want to crash into. use your neck/head/eyes to "see" where you're turning
    Part of the:
    Dubstep, Aussie, Dips/Pullup, Outdoors/Camping, Subaru Crew

windclimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) windclimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) windclimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) windclimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) windclimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) windclimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) windclimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) windclimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) windclimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) windclimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) windclimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5_ewoocjMX0/TOmoJweypdI/AAAAAAAAAD0/AB0OZJMya_U/s1600/ZX_007.jpg[/ig]

to this

[img]http://pitonteal.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/honda-cbr-600-f4i-Review-and-Picture-Design-4.jpg[/ig]

i almost bought one like that but a better deal came up for a gsxr 750
    No and sort of.

The f4i utilizes the same engine dimensions as an RR, but with milder cams, lower compression, and a different gear range. The suspension and ergonomics are set up for a more relaxed riding position.

The f4i is fuel injected and is actually a performance upgrade in comparison to the f4; although not by a whole lot. It was supposed to be competition to the gsxr, but Honda had to step it up and release a full "Race Replica" to keep competitive in the 600cc class.
    Vibrah
    Knee Dragger: 2006 CBR600RR
    ANTI S&P
    Disregard society's expectations, lift for yourself.
    +/+++++Subaru Crew+++++\+

RIP 789789/SausageMassage.

LittleHouse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LittleHouse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LittleHouse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LittleHouse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LittleHouse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LittleHouse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LittleHouse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LittleHouse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LittleHouse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LittleHouse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LittleHouse is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by SydCBDNSW View Post
    Cliffs
    -left hand is clutch
    -left foot is gear selector
    -right hand is front brakes
    -right foot is rear brakes (DONT USE THIS BY ITSELF ONLY IN EMERGENCY BRAKING SITUATIONS)

Always enter a turn wide. Dont stay all the way to the right when making a right turn and vice versa. Set up the right turn by turning wide left and sharp right turn

- Look into your turn, do not look at things you dont want to crash into. use your neck/head/eyes to "see" where you're turning
    I only use the rear brakes when going slow. ie parking lots. I was once parking in a tight space and grabbed a bit too much front brake with the wheel turned and had to use dem squat muscles. ALMOST dropped it.

SydCBDNSW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SydCBDNSW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SydCBDNSW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SydCBDNSW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SydCBDNSW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SydCBDNSW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SydCBDNSW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SydCBDNSW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SydCBDNSW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SydCBDNSW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SydCBDNSW has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by LittleHouse View Post
    I only use the rear brakes when going slow. ie parking lots. I was once parking in a tight space and grabbed a bit too much front brake with the wheel turned and had to use dem squat muscles. ALMOST dropped it.
    lol most times i drop a bike is when im trying to park it or move it by walking. i dropped my friends cruiser walking it. only scuffed the mirrors/handlebar
    Part of the:

ThreePigs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThreePigs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThreePigs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThreePigs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThreePigs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThreePigs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThreePigs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThreePigs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThreePigs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThreePigs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThreePigs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    is a honda cbr125 for a first rider on that there ****gy time

Originally Posted by ThreePigs View Post
    too slow IMO
    Part of the:

Go for it, pretty slow though

Only squids give a **** what other people think of their bikes.

Id rather opt for a 250, since im assuming you arent in the US you might have restrictions though.
    USA

zeppelin8778 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin8778 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin8778 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin8778 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin8778 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin8778 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin8778 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin8778 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin8778 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin8778 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin8778 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    twas my first bike.

loved it.

til some woman hit me and destroyed it

looked exactly like that one

Originally Posted by windclimber View Post
    Honda had to step it up and release a full "Race Replica" to keep competitive in the 600cc class.
    always thought it was "Race Ready"

edit: with further investigation, you're correct.
    Last edited by zeppelin8778; 07-16-2011 at 02:57 PM.

Originally Posted by zeppelin8778 View Post
    twas my first bike.

loved it.

til some woman hit me and destroyed it
    What kind of injuries did you have?
    USA

zeppelin8778 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin8778 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin8778 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin8778 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin8778 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin8778 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin8778 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin8778 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin8778 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin8778 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin8778 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What kind of injuries did you have?
    nothing besides a bruised knee. i t-boned her in an intersection because she didnt look before taking a left on a yielding green circle light. going about 30-35 mph, but my brakes obviously slowed me down significantly before the crash. i got myself up off the ground and walked my bike out of the intersection

i was wearing full gear also

Troyisalwaysme will become famous soon enough. (+50) Troyisalwaysme will become famous soon enough. (+50) Troyisalwaysme will become famous soon enough. (+50) Troyisalwaysme will become famous soon enough. (+50) Troyisalwaysme will become famous soon enough. (+50) Troyisalwaysme will become famous soon enough. (+50) Troyisalwaysme will become famous soon enough. (+50) Troyisalwaysme will become famous soon enough. (+50) Troyisalwaysme will become famous soon enough. (+50) Troyisalwaysme will become famous soon enough. (+50) Troyisalwaysme will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by chotaadmi View Post
    come at me noobs

corner speed > straight line speed

^learn about it
    Mabey I missed it but were is the post that says straight line speed> corner speeed?

windclimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) windclimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) windclimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) windclimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) windclimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) windclimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) windclimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) windclimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) windclimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) windclimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) windclimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Looks pretty fcking nice for a glorified scooter. Good machine to get used to riding public roadways on though.

Personally, I'd get the Aprilia RS125

You fckin non americans get the JOOCIEST learner bikes. Mirin hard.
    Vibrah
    Knee Dragger: 2006 CBR600RR
    ANTI S&P
    Disregard society's expectations, lift for yourself.
    +/+++++Subaru Crew+++++\+

RIP 789789/SausageMassage.

Originally Posted by zeppelin8778 View Post
    nothing besides a bruised knee. i t-boned her in an intersection because she didnt look before taking a left on a yielding green circle light. going about 30-35 mph, but my brakes obviously slowed me down significantly before the crash. i got myself up off the ground and walked my bike out of the intersection

i was wearing full gear also
    Oh wow, glad your alright man. She paid to get a new one right?

Originally Posted by windclimber View Post
    [img]http://www.bikez.com/pictures/honda/2009/28775_0_1_2_cbr125_Image%20credits%20-%20Honda.jpg[img]

Looks pretty fcking nice for a glorified scooter. Good machine to get used to riding public roadways on though.

Personally, I'd get the Aprilia RS125

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_tn0xRpec8rc/TLsgfXWfbYI/AAAAAAAAAAw/PEJk1aBwbbQ/s1600/aprilia_RS125.jpg[img]

You fckin non americans get the JOOCIEST learner bikes. Mirin hard.
    they also get the 250 2 strokes, i want one so freaking bad
    USA

Oh wow, glad your alright man. She paid to get a new one right?
    yeah it was almost a year ago. her insurance gave me a good estimate on the bike cost and payed for my damaged gear (helmet+jacket)

i just got a new bike a few days ago though, hadnt ridden since until now