Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Just doing the prep work! jjeane's Avatar
    jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey MM, I thought I had replied about your job situation. I think an employer can never fault am employee for trying to better themselves or their career. I think you will find a way to make it all work. But sorry about the stress. That stinks.
    Sorry about the meds messing with your tummy. Have you tried ground flax seeds?
    Spoon Barbell Club

My Journal- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147722593

No person with dignity and a soul wants a hand out- they want to earn what they have. Jim Wendler

Set your bar high, be kind, and do more of what makes you stronger. Eleiko

Love over fear

marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jjeane View Post
    Hey MM, I thought I had replied about your job situation. I think an employer can never fault am employee for trying to better themselves or their career. I think you will find a way to make it all work. But sorry about the stress. That stinks.
    Sorry about the meds messing with your tummy. Have you tried ground flax seeds?
    Thanks jj! The new company owner and my new boss both seemed like very good, kind, caring people so I have really high hopes that they will be very understanding and have a door open for me should they have something available in the future that will be yet another step up and should I be in a family position to be ready to take that (pretty much anything beyond the position I'm planning to take next will require a lot more work focus/time and less flexibility for the fam - not willing to do that with my kids starting the extracurricular stuff plus I don't want to lose my own gym time, etc.!)

I haven't tried the ground flax seeds but metamucil (the sugar free orange that tastes like Tang!) has worked well in the past. Last winter when I started doing Weight Watchers and cut out a lot of grainy carbs and ate more veggie/fruit carbs my system came to a grinding halt - the metamucil helped after a few days - it's just tough to take it and not mess up my medicine (don't want to risk it - especially since if I don't get better the doc wants a CT scan of my head done since I have so many headaches that I am calling sinus headaches!). Luckily - I seem to be making some progress today, maybe a result of Wednesday's metamucil combined with tons of coffee at home this morning!! If I still seem to have issues I will definitely give those seeds a try though!! Thanks for the suggestion!

Today's workout update - upper body:

5 min warmup on elliptical

DB Bench Press
    1x15x10s
    1x10x15s
    4x5x30s

Bent Over DB rows
    4x5x40s (was supposed to be 35s but the 2 pairs were both in use so I said WTH - let's do this - PR - booyah!)

DB OHP
    2x9x20s (was supposed to be 7 reps oops!)

BB curl
    2x9x40

Palms in DB BP
    2x9x20s

WG Lat pulldown
    2x9x85

Cable Tri pushdown (was supposed to be extensions but some dude was using the adjustable for seated include cable curls - grrr)
    2x9x30

10 minute incline TM walk

Rush home just in time to get little lady off of the school bus. <-- Best part of being able to work from home. Her face lights up like Christmas whenever I am home to get her off of the bus and it makes me feel so good. Always rewarding to see your child get off the bus happy to see you, but this girl takes it to a new level. Especially after what happened up at Sandy Hook Elem just before Christmas, words can't describe this feeling - she will forever be my miracle baby, my answered prayer - the fact that she loves me so much - (hugging myself tightly and tearing up) ...

Going to get up early for a Saturday to hit the gym when they open at 7am (they switch from 24 hour to a 7-7 gym on Friday night through Monday at like 5am) - need to get in leg day since my schedule was thrown off by the ice storm at the beginning of the week and don't want it to impact the fam too much. I'll promise to bring home Egg McMuffins - that should make it less of an issue haha. Need to be good myself as far as food today - having dinner at my parents tomorrow night and my mom is making homemade spaghetti and meatballs then Sunday we are heading to a SuperBowl party - I think I just may not track food at the party but try to do my best in making choices. Need to enjoy me some beers

Happy weekend to all - hope it's great - please cheer for my hometown Ravens on Sunday! Win or lose - I just hope it's a great game
    Please join me on my journey to find balance:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147375163

marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Up and at it bright and early this morning!

Squat (smith)
    1x15x35
    1x10x65
    4x5x105

SLDL (smith)
    2x9x125

Leg ext
    2x10x90

Seated leg curl
    2x9x65

DB calf raises
    2x10x45s (ugh hands/callouses were not happy with this...)

Calf press on leg press sled
    2x10x180

AB work

Good stuff, got the workout in, grocery shopping done, home by 9am!

Friday nutrition:
    Cals -1608
    P -94
    C -191
    F- 27

High on carbs and too low on fat and protein but decent cals overall. Today will likely be high carb as well as we are having a big Italian feast with family tonight.

Have a great weekend all!

Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Boy do I have a recipe for you! I used to buy flaxseed crackers, but it was like $7 a box. So I was all, "Screw that!"

Buy flax seeds in bulk. Soak overnight in a bowl. It will produce this weird goo, which acts as a binding agent. Put parchment paper on a cookie sheet, and spread the flax seeds over it pretty thin, but not too thin. Bake it on the lowest temp possible in your oven. I am not sure how long (since i use a dehydrator), but just keep an eye on it. It should be crispy when ready. Voila! Flax seed crackers!

Or you can put them in a dehydrator.

One of my favorite deserts is spreading raw coconut butter (Nutiva has the best flavor) and raw honey (Really Raw Honey is the best) all over it. These two brands are available at Whole Foods. They're not cheap, but great quality! Plus raw coconut butter is a natural anti-fungal and RAW honey is a natural anti-bacterial. (Honey loses its greatness when processed.)

It will quench a sweet tooth!

Enjoy!
    ~TEAM AMAZON~ Sisterhood of Iron

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144133491
    MyFitnessPal Food Diary: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/perpetua3d

"Whether you think you can or you thing you can't, you're right!" - Henry Ford

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Awww, I can't wait to have little kiddies That's so sweet

Awesome workouts/calorie intake in here You're so consistent

Hope you have a wonderful weekend
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers

Current Journal: Adventure Time with Turkey
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

My Super Awesome SNS log- Lori Battles the Holiday Pudge (Finished):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140145363&page=2

"She's not overtraining- she just trains stupid" -Kimm4

Wife and Sammich Maker rickiecoombs's Avatar
    rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Happy Sunday Evening!

Hope you've had a wonderful weekend thus far. You are doing SO well keeping on top of the foodz and the workouts.

I've been thinking about you the past little while, since I've been doing the UD2. It's really been hitting me about keeping a "balance" - and I think I've lost that balance a little bit over the past few weeks. It hasn't been so bad, 'cause hubz is in it with me, but still. I really think you're an amazing lady, MM. Working out, eating well, and still keeping your family your number one priority. You're incredible.

Can't wait to read about your weekend adventures!!
    My Journal - Large, But Not in Charge: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128025573

Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000)

Originally Posted by Redfizz View Post
    Boy do I have a recipe for you! I used to buy flaxseed crackers, but it was like $7 a box. So I was all, "Screw that!"

Buy flax seeds in bulk. Soak overnight in a bowl. It will produce this weird goo, which acts as a binding agent. Put parchment paper on a cookie sheet, and spread the flax seeds over it pretty thin, but not too thin. Bake it on the lowest temp possible in your oven. I am not sure how long (since i use a dehydrator), but just keep an eye on it. It should be crispy when ready. Voila! Flax seed crackers!

Or you can put them in a dehydrator.

One of my favorite deserts is spreading raw coconut butter (Nutiva has the best flavor) and raw honey (Really Raw Honey is the best) all over it. These two brands are available at Whole Foods. They're not cheap, but great quality! Plus raw coconut butter is a natural anti-fungal and RAW honey is a natural anti-bacterial. (Honey loses its greatness when processed.)

It will quench a sweet tooth!

Enjoy!
    Ooohhh that sounds good! I will have to give that a try!! Thanks so much for the suggestion. Can't wait until I'm done my medicine in 2 days so that I can really try to flush my system out - this will be on my list!!! (and seriously... Cannot wait - I am so uncomfortable and fat right now - this is so miserable!!)

Originally Posted by gobbles23 View Post
    Awww, I can't wait to have little kiddies That's so sweet

Awesome workouts/calorie intake in here You're so consistent

Hope you have a wonderful weekend
    Awww thanks! I'm trying! I am starting to have my doubts right now though - my even though I appear to be consistently at or below maintenance I am getting heavier/fatter the last two weeks. Really hoping it is just the medication I am on - either way I think I need to be more strict with measuring for a while!!

It was an awesome weekend! Tired this morning and couldn't get myself to the gym at 5:30 but trying to keep riding high on our local team's Superbowl win last night!!! Ravens!!!!

Originally Posted by rickiecoombs View Post
    Happy Sunday Evening!

Hope you've had a wonderful weekend thus far. You are doing SO well keeping on top of the foodz and the workouts.

I've been thinking about you the past little while, since I've been doing the UD2. It's really been hitting me about keeping a "balance" - and I think I've lost that balance a little bit over the past few weeks. It hasn't been so bad, 'cause hubz is in it with me, but still. I really think you're an amazing lady, MM. Working out, eating well, and still keeping your family your number one priority. You're incredible.

Can't wait to read about your weekend adventures!!
    Thanks rickie - I appreciate that so much. I'm so glad for you that hubs is joining you on your UD2 journey - not just the motivational factor but the "understanding" overall - I think that is just beyond measurable as far as value.

It's funny - outsiders would think "oh you are just counting calories and spending some time in the gym... You can work that around your family's schedule..." they don't realize the mental and physical focus and sheer exhaustion that is happening every waking moment when you are working at a goal like that.

Weekend adventures included some yummy dinner (and luckily staying under maintenance by keeping my willpower strong and saying no to garlic bread and dessert and wine!!! Still not sure how I pulled that off!!!), some scary driving home in the snow, and then Super Bowl partying (over maintenance for sure but kept it in control though - hey I stopped at 2 beers haha).

Not sure if you guys see the NFL where you are but the Superbowl game was pretty exciting - especially with the winning team being from my state!!!

Originally Posted by Redfizz View Post
    Hells yeah!!!

Quick post weekend update!

So I survived the Italian feast at my parents' house on Saturday night. Saturday's nutrition ended up looking like this:

Cals - 1834
    P - 126
    C - 180
    F - 64

I enjoyed meatballs, a little spaghetti, and filled up on salad. I held strong in the bread, wine, and dessert - feeling pretty proud of that fact

Sunday I enjoyed my rest day and held strong food-wise during the day. Sunday night I did not track as we were at a Superbowl party but I ate lots of veggies, tried to minimize crackers, had only 2 beers, but enjoyed some chili, cornbread, cheese, 2 tiny bacon-wrapped cocktail weeners (the bacon called to me haha), and some ice cream. Over maintenance I'm sure but i enjoyed it and made sure the damage wasn't extreme!!

I had the best of intentions to get my Monday upper body workout in this morning after watching the Superbowl last night and then wasn't able to sleep from all of the close finish anxiety and hometown champion excitement... Alarm went off at 5:20, I got out of bed, pottied, got back in bed and set the alarm for 6:20

Hubs then proceeded to snore even louder so by 6am I was back out of bed and cursing myself for missing my workout and not getting more sleep out of it!!

Can't wait to get to bed early tonight and get my workout in tomorrow! Gotta put that cornbread and chili to good use!!

Happy Monday friends!

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Happy Monday! Sounds like you had fun last night! Glad you enjoyed yourself

Hope you survive today!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

Happy Monday! Sounds like you had fun last night! Glad you enjoyed yourself

Hope you survive today!
    Thanks! I gave in and had some extra coffee yesterday but man did I need it! I also climbed into bed around 9pm and promptly passed the F out haha

Yesterday's nutrition:
    Cals-1510
    P-118
    C-115
    F-65

Really pleased with that!

This morning's 5:30am upper body felt strong - although trying to wash my hair afterwards, not so much! Arms are done!

BP
    1x15x15
    1x10x35
    4x6x65

BOR
    4x6x75

OHP
    2x8x45

BB curl
    2x10x40

Hammer grip BP
    2x10x20s

Cable tricep ext (overhead)
    2x10x20 (slowwwww)

WG lat pull down
    2x10x85 (struggled here, energy pretty much depleted)

So I measured everything last night while prepping my food for today. My sprinkle of cheddar some days on my salad, closer to 1/3 of a cup than the intended 1/4 of a cup. I am sure little things like that have been adding up lately. I was trying to get my cals up but obviously was unintentionally going up a bit too much with rushing to prep foods and not measuring everything! I have to accept that dinners may not always be measurable (honey's lasagna, etc) but I need to be more diligent with the things within my control!

Good news, stepped on the scale for the first time in a few days and it is moving back down! Even after heavier eating this weekend! I think the extra fats are helping my other system issues as well, that and some hormonal changes!

Happy Tuesday friends, hoping to catch up on other journals tonight after I work on our taxes!

Hooray for a lower weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    Awesome resolve during the Italian feast - and you were rewarded on the scale - nice

Have a super day MM - yuck on taxes

CC
    “Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.” Alex Karras

Follow me on IG: @Cardioconvert

really...just really DieselsMom's Avatar
    DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by marathonmom262 View Post
    It's funny - outsiders would think "oh you are just counting calories and spending some time in the gym... You can work that around your family's schedule..." they don't realize the mental and physical focus and sheer exhaustion that is happening every waking moment when you are working at a goal like that.
    Is that not the plain truth right there. So right MM it is tough but good work fitting it all in. Your story on your daughter is so sweet - you can't beat the love of a child.

YEHAW RAVENS - glad they won it was a great year to jump on their bandwagon

Keep it up and you will continue to be rewarded on the scale I am sure of it.
    "That's not sweat that's your fat cells crying" anonymous

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147406883

Congrats on the lower weight

Hi ladies! Long time no write here...

Work finally picked up and I was in all day meetings last week so my days were taken up and the nights, well they were just as crazy as usual with 2 small people running around the house. I'm trying to jump into journals as I can to at least say hello and give you some encouragement! Forgive me if I haven't gotten to yours yet!!

I just finally submitted my taxes tonight after hunting for a few missing donation receipts so I will make this update short! Ready to get off of computers for the day!

After my last update I got in another lower body workout and upper body workout - the lower was fantastic (same workout I've been doing, up an additional rep per set) but I was jamming in the second upper workout without an extra rest day in between because of bad weather coming later in the week - this meant I was really just not physically ready for that work... I did finish all of the reps but everything was really slow and tired feeling - kind of a bummer but I pushed through. I thought I might try to get my 4th and final workout in on Saturday morning but decided to take it easy and give the ole bod a break (more on that below). Nutrition was spot on during the week - protein was really high - I've been trying to stick to protein snacks instead of carbs and have made sure to get fat up each day as necessary. Really happy about that.

So this Saturday I ended up doing a shopping day with my daughter - it was really fun and she had a great time. We went out to breakfast, did some shopping, came home to grab my little dude, and then went back out to lunch (my daughter got a gift certificate for a free sundae for perfect attendance the first half of the school year so I made an exception and we went to the given fast food joint - I was good and ordered grilled nuggets and a fruit cup off of the kids' menu!) Sunday the hubs and I sat around drinking coffee and playing video games while the kids went to church with their grandfather then off we all went after lunch for more shopping. We took advantage of President's Day sales and got a new mattress set for my little dude (his first big boy bed!) and some shelving and pantry units for helping organize the kid's playroom and get more storage in the kitchen. So of course we spent the rest of the night putting that crap together

I didn't track food over the weekend but was pretty good with food choices - really nothing to feel guilty about in the least. Today nutrition was spot on during the day. I'm going to back off of tracking too strict for a little bit...

So the ole bod - I have no idea what it is doing. I'm thinking something might be going on, feeling some familiar stuff - really noticed it during leg day last week (hence I decided to take it easy and cut that second leg day just in case...). I'm 5 days late but tests are still negative (still a little early for those home tests so I'm trying not to get all anxious - plus it's the first month off of BC so my body could just be adjusting). Anyway - just taking whatever happens over the next week as it comes - going to make sure I am eating close to maintenance and not pushing too hard in the gym (plan to back off on my DL weight a bit with my early morning workout tomorrow!) - trying to get decent sleep and just be healthy until I know one way or the other. If nothing happens over the next week I'll probably have to give the doc a call just to make sure nothing is wrong - but again - trying not to get too anxious.

So... wish me luck with rolling into the gym tomorrow at 5:30am ladies. I stopped taking my pre-workout caffeine pill last Thursday just in case and that was the day of my crappy upper body workout. Really hoping I have some decent energy tomorrow - I've had 4 rest days in a row so I'm thinking I should be pretty fresh - I'm ready to get in the gym and feel strong regardless of what the week brings!!

Oh - and tomorrow is my little guy's 3rd birthday! I'm so excited - there is something magical about watching your kids celebrate their own birthday - they find it kind of amazing and so monumental. I baked him a cake tonight and still need to go wrap his presents and ice the cake (a mom's job just doesn't end after they go to bed!!) Family will be coming over on Saturday for a larger celebration - lots of cleaning and decorating to do... the kid wants a Superman party but with no Superman movies out lately I couldn't find anything! Luckily the grocery store has a Superman cake design but I just bought blue and red tablecloths/plates/napkins - I also bought some poster board and am going to attempt to do a cutout of the big "S" on his chest to put in the middle of the dining room table. I'm pretty lame with stuff like that so hopefully it won't be terrible haha!!

Happy Monday (night) - hope all had a great weekend and have a great week ahead of you!

jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Happy Birthday to the little man MM!!
    Glad you are getting your workouts in and feeling good.
    I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
    Spoon Barbell Club

No person with dignity and a soul wants a hand out- they want to earn what they have. Jim Wendler

Love over fear

Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So, in this journal it's "playing video games" as opposed to "baking cake"...duly noted

Who doesn't love a Superman Party! I bet little man will love everything you do...perfect or not.
    Journal- One of the Ogres
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139651333

DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Big_Sky_Guy View Post
    So, in this journal it's "playing video games" as opposed to "baking cake"...duly noted

Who doesn't love a Superman Party! I bet little man will love everything you do...perfect or not.
    Ditto hahahaha

Glad to hear your feeling good about your food choices and are taking it easy. Have fun tomorrow morning.

Originally Posted by jjeane View Post
    Happy Birthday to the little man MM!!
    Glad you are getting your workouts in and feeling good.
    I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
    Thanks jj!! I am really enjoying my workouts so much lately, it's tough to mentally get behind cutting back now tht I'm making so much progress but alas, a girl can't have her cake and eat it too right now I guess Will keep you all posted - thanks for crossing those fingers for me

Originally Posted by Big_Sky_Guy View Post

Hahaha - while this time it was "just" playing some games there is always ample opportunity to throw in extra dirty comments and cursing when the kids aren't present (i.e., I like the way you swing your big Tonbo-giri there Samurai Warrior)

We are definitely on a Superman kick at our house- lucky for me I am getting stronger because my little guy is getting bigger and it is tougher to hold him up to "fly" with every day!

Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by DieselsMom View Post
    Ditto hahahaha

Glad to hear your feeling good about your food choices and are taking it easy. Have fun tomorrow morning.
    Thanks DM!

This morning I had a great workout although I was a bit nauseous (makes me go hmmmm... But TOM makes that happen sometimes too so we'll see...)

Squats
    1x15x35
    1x10x65
    4x6x105

SLDL
    2x10x105 (cutback from 125 to be safe, plus back has been bothering me a bit)

Leg ext
    2x12x90

Leg curl
    2x10x65

Cut the calves and ab work this morning - my calves are huge and my stomach queasiness was not going to let the abs happen. No biggie.

Looking forward to enjoying a piece of birthday cake tonight Excited for upper body tomorrow morning - I can put that cake to work!

Happy Tuesday!

Good workout. I get nauseous from certain vitamins it really messed with my head before I figured it out. If I take it on a empty stomach some of them send me to eliminate within 15 minutes. I thought I had really bad morning sickness with Lexi (was literally pulling over on the side of the hiway on my way in to work to empty my stomach) when I found out it was my prenatal doing it to me and since then I have been touchy to certain ones.

Originally Posted by DieselsMom View Post
    Good workout. I get nauseous from certain vitamins it really messed with my head before I figured it out. If I take it on a empty stomach some of them send me to eliminate within 15 minutes. I thought I had really bad morning sickness with Lexi (was literally pulling over on the side of the hiway on my way in to work to empty my stomach) when I found out it was my prenatal doing it to me and since then I have been touchy to certain ones.
    This is definitely true for me too! I have a sensitive belly so it is very possible my prenatal could be hitting me during my early morning workouts (I've always taken them before bed to avoid as much of the prenatal yuckiness as I can). If it keeps up maybe I will try switching! My hair is looking fabulous since I started taking them again last month though haha

Hey there MM! I am very familiar with the nausea that comes with TOM stuff- it's awful!

Mmm, morning video games and coffee! That's what we did over christmas- it'll be nice to have our own place so we can do that one the weekends! I miss using the living room in the mornings

Hope everything turns out ok!!

Hey there MM! I am very familiar with the nausea that comes with TOM stuff- it's awful!

Mmm, morning video games and coffee! That's what we did over christmas- it'll be nice to have our own place so we can do that one the weekends! I miss using the living room in the mornings

Hope everything turns out ok!!
    Thanks Lori!! Sometimes I feel guilty about our private time on Sunday mornings knowing the kids are in church and we should probably go too haha

So this morning was upper body - pretty good. My first morning I felt like it will be possible to raise my BP weight next cycle so that means some progress is happening

BP
    1x15x15
    1x10x35
    4x6x65

BOR
    4x6x75

OHP
    2x8x45

BB curl
    2x10x40

Tricep oh ext (db)
    2x10x25

Palms in db BP
    2x10x20s

WG lat pull down
    2x10x85 (barely eeking these out - worried about more reps starting next week but part of that is my overdoing it paranoia...)

So the paranoia - test yesterday afternoon showed a faint line. Not sure... Holding out and trying not to get all stressed while I wait to take another test Saturday morning maybe. I seem to have a strong mind/uterus connection while I'm lifting - I felt the same thing when lifting last fall. I just don't know - it has me a little worried because it seems very late now for a test to not be very clear but my schedule is off just coming off of BC. Tough not to stress but I'm doing my best (the bad part is that a glass of wine would help hahaha). So will wait a few more days... Don't be surprised if I write tomorrow that I've been downing the potty training M&Ms again

Oh take one in the am!!! Lines show up way better!!!
    Great workout MM!!! Way to listen to your bod!!
    Good luck!!
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear