genxrulz is on a distinguished road. (+10) genxrulz is on a distinguished road. (+10) genxrulz is on a distinguished road. (+10) genxrulz is on a distinguished road. (+10) genxrulz is on a distinguished road. (+10) genxrulz is on a distinguished road. (+10) genxrulz is on a distinguished road. (+10) genxrulz is on a distinguished road. (+10) genxrulz is on a distinguished road. (+10) genxrulz is on a distinguished road. (+10) genxrulz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

vasectomy effects on testosterone?

does anyone know if having a vasectomy affects testosterone production in the body which would limit muscle growth?

filipino_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) filipino_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by genxrulz View Post
    does anyone know if having a vasectomy affects testosterone production in the body which would limit muscle growth?
    I was snipped in 2005, sex and muscle still rollin' for me.
    DON'T LOSE WEIGHT . . . LOSE FAT.

Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Umm, not unless they cut your nuts off.
    Roll Tide

Consciousness: The annoying time between naps.

I wouldn't touch the metric system with a 3.048m pole.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

filipino_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) filipino_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Originally Posted by Bamma View Post
    Umm, not unless they cut your nuts off.
    OM freakin G - can't believe you had the balls to type that.
    DON'T LOSE WEIGHT . . . LOSE FAT.

SixMillionDollarPostman buff_dad_dy's Avatar
    buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I had mine done in 03' and i have gotten bigger and stronger year after year.

Don't give yourself another thing to worry about (that and limp dick)mentally if you are thinking of doing it.You are talking yourself out of it. If anything it is awesome knowing you have a built in failsafe (make sure you get the test done afterwards to confirm) making it even better than before. It is also a minor thing for a man to do it.For a woman it is a major surgery in comparison.
    Enjoying great genetics since 1969!

wanting the wife to give me that wink just like the Bowflex guys says ;)

My goal is to succeed on My Terms and not to fail on someone elses!

Erected 1969

dot1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dot1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dot1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dot1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dot1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dot1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dot1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dot1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dot1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dot1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dot1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by buff_dad_dy View Post
    I had mine done in 03' and i have gotten bigger and stronger year after year.

Don't give yourself another thing to worry about (that and limp dick)mentally if you are thinking of doing it.You are talking yourself out of it. If anything it is awesome knowing you have a built in failsafe (make sure you get the test done afterwards to confirm) making it even better than before. It is also a minor thing for a man to do it.For a woman it is a major surgery in comparison.
    You sound like m wife!

Certified Salt Beef Junky MT_Pawkits's Avatar
    MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking

Dunno but just the thought of a knife near the twins makes me go limp! I guess it has an indirect effect.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~Beer nuts $1.25, Deer nuts under a Buck!~~~~~~~~~~~

Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, Teach a man to fish, you create a liar!

DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000) DerAlta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Had mine done in 2001. No problems gaining muscle or in the bedroom.

Although it would have been a better operation, if the doctor hadn't looked me in the eye and said "Nice shaving job you did there."
    The Iron will never Lie to you.
    “Whatever doesn’t kill me… had better start running”
    Willpower is a muscle, and as such, it must be exercised. Heavily and Often.

Continually paying my Dues in the Iron-Sanctuary.com

sluge will become famous soon enough. (+50) sluge will become famous soon enough. (+50) sluge will become famous soon enough. (+50) sluge will become famous soon enough. (+50) sluge will become famous soon enough. (+50) sluge will become famous soon enough. (+50) sluge will become famous soon enough. (+50) sluge will become famous soon enough. (+50) sluge will become famous soon enough. (+50) sluge will become famous soon enough. (+50) sluge will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Had mine done around, dang when was it? 1994 after my youngest was born. No test trbl, in fact it has made everything better.

Teacher and Bodybuilder BergMuscle's Avatar
    BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I had mine done around 1989 (so long ago I'm no longer sure of the date). Hasn't inhibited my muscle growth at all. In fact, I'm much bigger, stronger, and solid than I was twenty-some years ago.

the big dawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) the big dawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) the big dawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) the big dawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) the big dawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) the big dawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) the big dawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) the big dawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) the big dawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) the big dawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) the big dawg is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    1992 here - piece of cake. Just take it easy for a few days and follow the Dr orders when it comes to lifting.

No issues in the bedroom or gym.

colosus88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) colosus88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) colosus88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) colosus88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) colosus88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) colosus88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) colosus88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) colosus88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) colosus88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) colosus88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) colosus88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have mine scheduled for Aug 12th. Wasn't worried - and now I'm definitely not worried. All reassuring to hear.
    Some people talk about 45lb plates and think of weight training - some people talk about 45lb plates and think of the buffett.

Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    They only cut the tubes that lets sperm travel from your testicles out of your willy.

Nothing is affected. You still ejaculate in the same way, you still produce testosterone and the body is exactly the same.

mrxfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    had this discussion with a doctor buddy. no, doesn't effect testosterone. you would have to lose the balls for that through some horrific accident. although it can effect some men mentally. they feel less powerful and so act less powerful but it's only in their head.
    Jim X
    www.mrxfitness.com

kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I had mine a couple of years ago. I don't know if he was mad at me for something or what but the local he gave me wasn't exactly kicking in when he started pulling at stuff. I didn't feel the incision but for some reason when he pulled the tubes out and clamped them to prepare for the cut, it felt like he had 'em in a vice grip, kid you not! The stars I saw were kind of neat though...

No affects afterwards in regards to T

Nodeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nodeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nodeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nodeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nodeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nodeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nodeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nodeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nodeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nodeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nodeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sluge View Post
    Had mine done around, dang when was it? 1994 after my youngest was born. No test trbl, in fact it has made everything better.
    Same here!!

mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000)
    LOL I would do more research on what they do for a vasectomy before you have it done, if you are asking this question, LOL....they arn't cutting off your balls man.
    I do not sugar coat things, but you got in the condition you're in by "sugar coating."

colosus88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) colosus88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) colosus88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) colosus88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) colosus88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) colosus88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) colosus88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) colosus88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) colosus88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) colosus88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) colosus88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by kgartin View Post
    I had mine a couple of years ago. I don't know if he was mad at me for something or what but the local he gave me wasn't exactly kicking in when he started pulling at stuff. I didn't feel the incision but for some reason when he pulled the tubes out and clamped them to prepare for the cut, it felt like he had 'em in a vice grip, kid you not! The stars I saw were kind of neat though...

No affects afterwards in regards to T
    Man - I really wish I hadn't read this post....lol
    Some people talk about 45lb plates and think of weight training - some people talk about 45lb plates and think of the buffett.

kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by colosus88 View Post
    Man - I really wish I hadn't read this post....lol
    Lol! What doesn't kill us makes us stronger! Yeah RIGHT!!

user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I dont think so,i got fixed in 1998,and didnt get my test levels checked till i turned 40,and they were low,low....but my doctor said it wasnt because of the vasectomy.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever
    "Forged in Iron...Built to Destroy"

"To survive war......you've gotta become war"....John Rambo

Visit my journal......http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121852841

Do it or don't do it... tomdana's Avatar
    tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    2004 for me and no problems here Imagine though being in the field and having a friend be the surgeon and his nurse an employee of yours. Not so good. Worse though was the test of cure or sperm search. Had time in am to procure sample with my sweetheart, called lab director (male) and asked if he would do the microscopic exam for live swimmers, he said sure, come in the back door to the lab. i entered to find him and 11 female staff members standing in a meeting while I handed the director my brown bag. Yikes the face was red!!
    Do it or Don't do it, There is no try

Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have to really consider myself lucky on this one. My wife and I had decided that we were only going to have two children, provided both were healthy. She also had to have C sections on both of our children, so we planned things out with her doc for the delivery of the second. If the baby was healthy at birth, she would have a tubal ligation right then. If there was any doubt at all, they would close and I would have to get the vasectomy done instead later. Both babies were perfect, wife had tubes tied, and has also since had an endometrial ablation, and my boys are still intact . I would have had it done, but there was really no point in doing a second surgery for me when they already had all her stuff open and ready to do the work anyway.
    Roll Tide

Consciousness: The annoying time between naps.

I wouldn't touch the metric system with a 3.048m pole.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) user94984100999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by tomdana View Post
    2004 for me and no problems here Imagine though being in the field and having a friend be the surgeon and his nurse an employee of yours. Not so good. Worse though was the test of cure or sperm search. Had time in am to procure sample with my sweetheart, called lab director (male) and asked if he would do the microscopic exam for live swimmers, he said sure, come in the back door to the lab. i entered to find him and 11 female staff members standing in a meeting while I handed the director my brown bag. Yikes the face was red!!
    I imagine so!!
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever
    "Forged in Iron...Built to Destroy"

"To survive war......you've gotta become war"....John Rambo

Visit my journal......http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121852841

Registered User runswithscissor's Avatar
    runswithscissor is on a distinguished road. (+10) runswithscissor is on a distinguished road. (+10) runswithscissor is on a distinguished road. (+10) runswithscissor is on a distinguished road. (+10) runswithscissor is on a distinguished road. (+10) runswithscissor is on a distinguished road. (+10) runswithscissor is on a distinguished road. (+10) runswithscissor is on a distinguished road. (+10) runswithscissor is on a distinguished road. (+10) runswithscissor is on a distinguished road. (+10) runswithscissor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Nope, and I told my doc to put the crochet hook in, grab the vas, and yank it on and pull so hard my eye teeth hurt before he snips and cauterizes it because if I have another kid, even though I ain't hispanic, I better have to name the kid Jesus...

One of the best things I ever did, had one female try to trap me with a "you da baby daddy" when I knew damn well I couldn't be. The look on her face was priceless...

Had mine back in the early 90's. My only concern was since prostate cancer runs in my family, I was worried if I had increased my risk. I haven't...(a quick little cut and paste...)

Concern that vasectomy may increase the risk of prostate cancer stems from the conflicting results of a number of studies. The studies that started it were published in 1993 and found that men who had had vasectomies had a very small - 1.5 percent - increase in risk. More recently, another large study compared 753 men with prostate cancer to 703 men who didn't have the disease. After adjusting for age, race (African Americans have twice the risk of whites) and family history of the disease, they found that among those with prostate cancer 39.4 had vasectomies compared with 37.7 percent of those who didn't have cancer. Such a small difference suggests that there really is no association between vasectomy and prostate cancer.

There is no biological reason why vasectomy should affect the prostate. The explanation for the small increase in risk may be that men who have had vasectomies may be more health conscious than other men and go more frequently for prostate cancer screening.

If you haven't had yours yet, do the macho thing like I did...Jog home after the procedure! (LOL).

My swelling lasted two days and I could not have the first test the see if I was shooting blanks for 60 ejaculations. Man...those were a good two weeks.

You never have to worry about being trapped after you get a clean bill for it. Make sure they cauterize BOTH ends of the vas and remove a decent amount and not just snip and put them back...that can lead to recanalization.

Recanalization occurs and causes a pregnancy after vasectomy when there are little pieces of debris from sperm, white blood cells, and scar tissue that allow cells in the vas deferens to grow through it and thus reconnect the place where the incision was made splitting the vas deferens.

A couple of weeks after I had mine, I could grab the vas and there was about a 1.5 to 2 inch "no mans land" between the two.

For me, sex became better after I had it done and the only regret I have is not getting it done sooner.

TooSlow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TooSlow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TooSlow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TooSlow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TooSlow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TooSlow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TooSlow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TooSlow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TooSlow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TooSlow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TooSlow has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I had mine done in 1990. Unfortunately, the day after my procedure, we had a huge storm come through and knock a tree onto mine and my neighbor's fence. I spent my first day after cutting and carrying the downed tree. Two weeks later I was marching with a full pack on military drills in the mountains. When I ejaculated blood, I almost passed out but it cleared up (or so I thought). Years later, it was discovered I have a herniated vas deferens. It's not nearly as debilitating as it has been when I was out of shape. Best advice, follow you Dr.'s orders and rest afterwards, avoid straining and enjoy the freedom when you're healed. I'd do it all again. Be well and breathe deep.

taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TooSlow View Post
    I had mine done in 1990. Unfortunately, the day after my procedure, we had a huge storm come through and knock a tree onto mine and my neighbor's fence. I spent my first day after cutting and carrying the downed tree. Two weeks later I was marching with a full pack on military drills in the mountains. When I ejaculated blood, I almost passed out but it cleared up (or so I thought). Years later, it was discovered I have a herniated vas deferens. It's not nearly as debilitating as it has been when I was out of shape. Best advice, follow you Dr.'s orders and rest afterwards, avoid straining and enjoy the freedom when you're healed. I'd do it all again. Be well and breathe deep.
    Ouch . . . that made me hurt just thinking about it!

All I did was mow the lawn the day after . . . which may not have been so bad except I had to carry the mower down the stairs leading to the back yard. I really regretted that decision for a few days!
    *MFC Elder Statesmen Cabinet Crew*

**Distal Bicep Rupture Crew (Feb 2013)** -- recovery log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151942933
    **Extreme Dips Crew** - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136113651

Overweight Lover overweightlover's Avatar
    overweightlover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    had mine done in 98' defintely do what the doc says. make love to an ice pack for several days. you will have some swelling and some bruising, which i appreciated the swelling it made mine look bigger(lol)... he should give you some vallum to take on the morning of the surgery to relax you a bit...for me i was in and out within 30 minutes....one of the best decision my wife and i ever made, which we had our 2 boys and that was what we wanted so we sealed the deal!!!!

Threadweaver- Psyche Hero hochspeyer's Avatar
    hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mrxfitness View Post
    ...but it's only in their head.
    Now that's telling it like it is!!