sonphung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

is canned spinach good for a diet?

was wondering if canned spinach would be good for a diet... because its so cheap... and is delicious.... was trying to cut back alot of calories and sodiums.... trying to get my body fat percentage lower....

any advice or any opinions would be greatly aprecieated!

also would like to know what you think about other cheap canned veggies or frozen...facts/pros/cons/ the whole 9! thanks!

biomarburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) biomarburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) biomarburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) biomarburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) biomarburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) biomarburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) biomarburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) biomarburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) biomarburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) biomarburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) biomarburg will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sonphung View Post
    was wondering if canned spinach would be good for a diet... because its so cheap... and is delicious.... was trying to cut back alot of calories and sodiums.... trying to get my body fat percentage lower....

also would like to know what you think about other cheap canned veggies or frozen...facts/pros/cons/ the whole 9! thanks!
    UGH! you can stand canned spinach? No offense but i can never stomach the stuff, but i eat fresh spinach all the time, and know it has alot of vitamin a, and last i heard was supposebly the healthiest veggie anyone could ever eat(not sure on that one)
    Last edited by biomarburg; 06-15-2010 at 06:13 PM. Reason: spelling

Originally Posted by biomarburg View Post
    UGH! you can stand canned spinach? No offense but i can never stomach the stuff, but i eat fresh spinach all the time, and know it has alot of vitamin a, and last i heard was supposebly the healthiest veggie anyone could ever eat(not sure on that one)
    i dont understand... how canned spinach can be so bad lol.... they serve it at blackeyedpeas and boston market!!!!

MORE OPINIONS THANKS GUYS/GIRLS!

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz

I much preferred frozen spinach and get it all the time (1.20/lb)
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    I much preferred frozen spinach and get it all the time (1.20/lb)
    how do you prepare your frozen spinach?

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    how do you prepare your frozen spinach?
    Large bowl
    put a couple tbsp apple cider vinegar in and a little salt
    dump lb spinach in
    shake whatever seasonings I want on top (garlic, onion, italian mostly)
    microwave (stirring it up half way thru)
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you guys wanna try something great

heat up a pan. throw in your spinach, it will 'reduce' . sprinkle some seasoned salt on there. yumm
    Vegan

"there are ZERO conclusive and definitive peer-reviewed studies proving detrimental effects of phytoestrogens in dietary soy intake"

Tex522 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tex522 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tex522 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tex522 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tex522 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tex522 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tex522 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tex522 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tex522 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tex522 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tex522 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I put frozen spinach with garlic powder and cajun seasonings in aluminum foil and put it on the grill when I am cooking chicken boobs it's awesome!
    Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire
    06/13/2010 "262"

Originally Posted by cheeseandrice View Post
    you guys wanna try something great

heat up a pan. throw in your spinach, it will 'reduce' . sprinkle some seasoned salt on there. yumm
    essentially what I am doing with frozen but for 1/3 the price
    Founder of MMDELAD

biomarburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) biomarburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) biomarburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) biomarburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) biomarburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) biomarburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) biomarburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) biomarburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) biomarburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) biomarburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) biomarburg will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i dont understand... how canned spinach can be so bad lol.... they serve it at blackeyedpeas and boston market!!!!

MORE OPINIONS THANKS GUYS/GIRLS!
    Yuck....like maybe if it's mixed in with something, but straight outta can, i just can't stand it. I think it mostly has to do with the texture, and then the flavor that mixes from the juices while sitting in the can.

I can't even look at popeye the same anymore lol