Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "cardio bunny"

futurebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) futurebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) futurebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) futurebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) futurebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) futurebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) futurebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) futurebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) futurebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) futurebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) futurebird will become famous soon enough. (+50)

"cardio bunny"

I'll probably get flamed for this but... LOL.

I just hate the term "cardio bunny" ...on the one hand I know what ya'll mean by that. It's the skinny-fat chick on the elliptical for 40 min every day who eats snackwells cookies since they are "diet" and wonders why she can't "get a flat tummy but not an ugly six-pack like a man or something *ew*"

OK. "bunny" it is.

But not everyone who is doing a whole lot of cardio is a bunny. Maybe I'm just defensive since spending an hour on a treadmill sounds like a great way to warm up to me... or becuase when someone said to spend "more time on weights than cardio" I laughed since I'd be lifting for 3-4 hours a day if I did that... but seriously. Cardio workouts can be hard and they can build muscle and they are not just for flaky people.

I think the difference is if you're trying to improve your performance at the cardio or not. If you get on the mill and jog at the same speed every day you're wasting your time. But if you constantly increase the speed and the distance you will get stronger and faster and continue to see results. Imagine if I always lifted the same weight at every session. I would see no change from that-- change comes from doing more and the same is true with cardio.

I will agree that the elliptical is pointless except for burning calories-- there is no way to get past a certain, very low level of intensity on that thing.

But, with running I been hitting it hard for 6 months and I'm only just scratching the surface of what my body can do! And running has improved my leg press. Yes. My leg press. It's not just about bouncing along burning calories and trying to get "toned" whatever that means.

I just had to get that off of my chest.
    TOO BIG TO FAIL.

Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by futurebird View Post
    It's the skinny-fat chick on the elliptical for 40 min every day who eats snackwells cookies since they are "diet" and wonders why she can't "get a flat tummy but not an ugly six-pack like a man or something *ew*"
    No.

A cardio bunny is a girl who comes to the gym to hit the cardio machines. Plain and simple.
    Virtus Vera Nobilitas Est

Pure gold does not fear the test of fire.

ChrisM0509 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisM0509 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisM0509 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisM0509 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisM0509 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisM0509 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisM0509 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisM0509 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisM0509 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisM0509 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisM0509 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jaw-Knee View Post
    No.

A cardio bunny is a girl who comes to the gym to hit the cardio machines. Plain and simple.
    And then proceeds to hit the tanning bed.

Has nothing to do whether or not the woman is skinny or fat.

CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jaw-Knee View Post
    No.

Lets not forget the sole purpose of a "cario bunny" is to get attention, and do everything BUT lift/work out.

Thats the golden rule of a cardio bunny right der.

futurebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) futurebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) futurebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) futurebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) futurebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) futurebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) futurebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) futurebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) futurebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) futurebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) futurebird will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "hitting the cardio machines" can mean a lot of things. It's not like LT run are "easy" or anything.

Just as we often tell women to go on and "lift heavy" I think that "running hard and long" should go hand-in-hand with that except for the most extreme ecto types.
    TOO BIG TO FAIL.

CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    "hitting the cardio machines" can mean a lot of things. It's not like LT run are "easy" or anything.

Just as we often tell women to go on and "lift heavy" I think that "running hard and long" should go hand-in-hand with that except for the most extreme ecto types.
    Yes but you are confused as to what the term "cardio bunny" really is. Its not the soccer mom peddling her ass off day in and day out. Its the lil teenies who you can CLEARLY tell are there for the attention and meat market.

Originally Posted by CoffeCanSlayer View Post
    Yes but you are confused as to what the term "cardio bunny" really is. Its not the soccer mom peddling her ass off day in and day out. Its the lil teenies who you can CLEARLY tell are there for the attention and meat market.
    Oh OK. Didn't quite catch that.
    TOO BIG TO FAIL.

Oh OK. Didn't quite catch that.
    At least thats what I think it is. But then again I have been proven wrong on many occasion.

user4894514884 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user4894514884 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user4894514884 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user4894514884 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user4894514884 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user4894514884 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user4894514884 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user4894514884 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user4894514884 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user4894514884 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user4894514884 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cardio bunnies are the girls who come in wearing juicy tracksuits, full makeup, perfume loaded.... goes onto the elleptical or any cardio machine for a long time and then does 43748379 crunches and leaves.
    and she also enjoys 100 calorie packs frequently.
    GO HARD OR GO HOME

SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by WantGreatGlutes View Post
    Cardio bunnies are the girls who come in wearing juicy tracksuits, full makeup, perfume loaded.... goes onto the elleptical or any cardio machine for a long time and then does 43748379 crunches and leaves.
    YES! this! LoL .....

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You are definitely not a cardio bunny, futurebird. You're training to acheive something in a sport you participate in.

I consider myself a former cardio bunny and it wasn't because I was at the gym to be seen. Aside from the obvious fact that I spent so much energy on cardio that I didn't have the time or energy to really progress with weight training, I considered myself so because I was so worried about gaining weight or ever wearing anything above a size 5 that it made me illogical enough to keep expecting different results following an approach that wasn't working to achieve the visual effect that I wanted for YEARS. The most effed up thing about me, was that I knew enough about bodybuilding that the switch should have flipped a lot sooner than it did. LOL

Some people are perfectly happy with being cardio bunnies and like the results they acheive through cardio. That's awesome. #1. Everyone should be satisfied with their bodies. #2. I like that my body is unique in most atmospheres. #3 The last thing I want is for EVERYONE to hop off the cardio equipment and invade my space. However, going back to #1, cardio bunnies are annoying when they complain about being unhappy with their bodies but refuse to try anything different. I think that's the situation where I have the tendency to use "cardio bunny" in a more derrogatory context. I generally don't have enough contact with cardio bunnies to be concerned about what they're wearing or who they're there to be hit on by.

gonnabebeast63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gonnabebeast63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gonnabebeast63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gonnabebeast63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gonnabebeast63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gonnabebeast63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gonnabebeast63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gonnabebeast63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gonnabebeast63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gonnabebeast63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gonnabebeast63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

gotta love them, lol

Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    There is nothing wrong with doing more cardio than weights if that's what you're after and it helps you reach your goals (whatever they are). However, I think that the reason why Cardio people are not popular on this board is because this is a bodybuilding forum! We all know that focusing on cardio and not the weights will not help you achieve the hard rock body that most of us are after.

Muscles is what we want and endless cardio sessions kills them! That's why you will see those kind of comments on this board. I'm sure that runners.com (I'm making it up lol!) doesn't make fun of people that do endless cardio stuff. Just don't take it personal and let it slide
    Last edited by Beefcupcake; 06-10-2009 at 11:50 AM.

aneas
    What someone else does in the gym is their business. Who am I to judge them? I would not even notice if someone was a cardio bunny. I am more worried about what I am doing and my goals are.

Plus have you seen what some of those women that people make fun of look like?

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by aneas View Post
    What someone else does in the gym is their business. Who am I to judge them? I would not even notice if someone was a cardio bunny. I am more worried about what I am doing and my goals are.

Plus have you seen what some of those women that people make fun of look like?
    A few of them are pretty hot. I'm surprised you aren't aware of the usual locations of said hot chicks in your gym once their hotness has been noted.

SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpittfireDA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    yes but they complain about their "under-arm flab" (where triceps are supposed to go) and that "women just can't get abs" ... and decide to do more time on the elliptical and skip breakfast to solve it

Registered User iKoniConSciencE's Avatar
    iKoniConSciencE will become famous soon enough. (+50) iKoniConSciencE will become famous soon enough. (+50) iKoniConSciencE will become famous soon enough. (+50) iKoniConSciencE will become famous soon enough. (+50) iKoniConSciencE will become famous soon enough. (+50) iKoniConSciencE will become famous soon enough. (+50) iKoniConSciencE will become famous soon enough. (+50) iKoniConSciencE will become famous soon enough. (+50) iKoniConSciencE will become famous soon enough. (+50) iKoniConSciencE will become famous soon enough. (+50) iKoniConSciencE will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Amen!

Originally Posted by SpittfireDA View Post
    yes but they complain about their "under-arm flab" (where triceps are supposed to go) and that "women just can't get abs" ... and decide to do more time on the elliptical and skip breakfast to solve it
    THIS!!!

I've also heard, "Women can only get, like, that one line in the middle! They can't get six pack abs or anything!" and, "No woman has abs when she's not flexing her stomach!" and, "If women get abs, then, that's, like, really unhealthy and they can't get their period anymore." Aaaand... despite the fact it seems SO obvious to all of US, so many "cardio bunnies" think they CAN spot reduce.

futurebird -- you are FAR from a cardio bunny. You have a specific goal in mind and are strengthening your body to get to that point. That's AWESOME and VERY different from being what I think of when I see "cardio bunny."

To me, cardio bunny is any number of things... usually, being in a college town, I just think of the sorority type girl who looooves using the cardio machines to burn off all those calories from drinking at parties/drinking smoothies/eating fast food and dorm food.
    My glass isn't half full, nor is it half empty. It's just a glass. And I'm damn glad just to HAVE that glass at all!

JAWS22 is just really nice. (+1000) JAWS22 is just really nice. (+1000) JAWS22 is just really nice. (+1000) JAWS22 is just really nice. (+1000) JAWS22 is just really nice. (+1000) JAWS22 is just really nice. (+1000) JAWS22 is just really nice. (+1000) JAWS22 is just really nice. (+1000) JAWS22 is just really nice. (+1000) JAWS22 is just really nice. (+1000) JAWS22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Cardio bunnies will peruse into the weight room briefly, grab a drink, do a set of 50 with 2'lb pink weights, flip her hair for the guys and leave.

aneas
    Originally Posted by Amanda76 View Post
    A few of them are pretty hot. I'm surprised you aren't aware of the usual locations of said hot chicks in your gym once their hotness has been noted.
    Well they flock to me so I dont have to be aware.

JAWS22 is just really nice. (+1000) JAWS22 is just really nice. (+1000) JAWS22 is just really nice. (+1000) JAWS22 is just really nice. (+1000) JAWS22 is just really nice. (+1000) JAWS22 is just really nice. (+1000) JAWS22 is just really nice. (+1000) JAWS22 is just really nice. (+1000) JAWS22 is just really nice. (+1000) JAWS22 is just really nice. (+1000) JAWS22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    They seem to stop and clear a path for me do I need to wear cologne?

Frick...you're the ass they keep standing in front of to do their pink db curls! And it's always RIGHT in front of the db rack in front of the db's I need to use. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. You knwo what Aneas? You suck. Take your flock elsewhere...

*Aneas walks away, with flock of beautifully made up, juicy-wearin', sweat-free "ducklings" following him*

aneas
    Frick...you're the ass they keep standing in front of to do their pink db curls! And it's always RIGHT in front of the db rack in front of the db's I need to use. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. You knwo what Aneas? You suck. Take your flock elsewhere...

*Aneas walks away, with flock of beautifully made up, juicy-wearin', sweat-free "ducklings" following him*
    LMAO - I got nothing....

aneas
    Originally Posted by JAWS22 View Post
    They seem to stop and clear a path for me do I need to wear cologne?
    Nah you just need to start wearing clothes.

RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    LOL!

There is a HUGE difference between sport runners, marathon runners, etc and cardio bunnies.

Maybe there should be a "You know you're a cardio bunny if....." thread. lol

You know you're a cardio bunny if.....

You've ever used an elliptical or treadmill while carrying your purse on your shoulder. Extra points if it's a designer bag.

DAYUM!!!

"Be stronger than your vagina"

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This thread is cracking me up, lol.

To me, a "cardio bunny" is someone who only does cardio or if they do lift, it's countless reps with little pink dumbbells.

I do a lot of cardio, not anything high-impact either. I have osteoporosis so I have to stay away from running and do lower-impact stuff like walking (love walking, do lots of it) as well as kickboxing videos. I've just always loved cardio, nothing improves my mood more than going out and getting that "me" time. On the other hand I also lift and lift heavy. I strength train 5 days per week, with an average of an hour each session. I train vigorously, no pink dumbbells here. I used to be a "cardio bunny", I confess. I've been obsessed with cardio since the age of 14, but have only ventured into serious weight-lifting within the past year or so. So although I do a lot of cardio, I no longer consider myself that "cardio bunny" I once was.

Long story short, there is a big difference between someone who does a lot of cardio and a "cardio bunny".
    On a mini-cut, then onto maintenance mode for the summer.

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    WTF you spend an hour on the treadmill WARMING UP!!!!!!!!
    Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

Nah you just need to start wearing clothes.
    Hypocrit!
    Originally Posted by Mindi911 View Post
    WTF you spend an hour on the treadmill WARMING UP!!!!!!!!
    [Pssst] she doesnt think shes pretty *whispers*

Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by WantGreatGlutes View Post
    This.
    Start - 220lbs Current - 134lbs. Workout journal - www.gotthatpma.com

"I was not delivered unto this world in defeat, nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep with the sheep. I will hear not those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious. Let them join the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny. " - Og Mandino

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This thread is cracking me up...I have to admit, I sometimes am jealous of the cardio bunnies They usually are hot..tan, perfect hair and nails, a new cute outfit for every day and somehow, they are more "toned" than I am..it's just not fair!! Oh and the guys always drool all over themselves at them...but I make fun of them all the same..lol..my favorite is how they talk and text on their cell phones the whole time
    "Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe. ": Saint Augustine

"So what exactly would you say you DO here??"

"Does this suit make me look fat??"
    "No, your face does."

LittleDonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) LittleDonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) LittleDonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) LittleDonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) LittleDonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) LittleDonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) LittleDonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) LittleDonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) LittleDonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) LittleDonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) LittleDonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm also in the "jealous of cardio bunnies" camp! I bought some "cute" workout clothes a while ago, but I just felt exposed/fat when I wore them. Back to wearing voluminous t-shirts and looking like a boy at the gym for me! :-(
    http://princeclare.com/

http://www.claresomerville.com