JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000)

Skateboarding for Cardio?

I'm planning on doing a body recomp, eating around 2600 calories a day w/ 140-150g protein.

I plan on doing a 4 day split, and to ensure I don't get too fat, I will be skateboarding for cardio. Nothing crazy though, just street skating, like ollies and flips. The reason I choose skating for cardio is because I really enjoy it, even though I just started.

It's actually pretty tiring in my opinion, but I'd like someone else' opinion.

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Jeffy is back!!! Long time no see.

As I recall, the only things you need to work on is consistency and patience. A tough thing for a 17-18 year-old. God knows I didn't have it at your age.

I'm sure skateboarding can be great cardio. Good core work too. Not to mention balance and athleticism. Go for it!
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.

JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ejthomp View Post
    Jeffy is back!!! Long time no see.

As I recall, the only things you need to work on is consistency and patience. A tough thing for a 17-18 year-old. God knows I didn't have it at your age.
    Good to see you again

Haha, you're right, I definitely need to work on those two. I think I'll try this out for the next couple of months and see where it goes from there.

Iime is a name known to all. (+5000) Iime is a name known to all. (+5000) Iime is a name known to all. (+5000) Iime is a name known to all. (+5000) Iime is a name known to all. (+5000) Iime is a name known to all. (+5000) Iime is a name known to all. (+5000) Iime is a name known to all. (+5000) Iime is a name known to all. (+5000) Iime is a name known to all. (+5000) Iime is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yaaaaaaa, I skate all the time, but unfortunately, I do not count it as my cardio.
    Like you said you do it because it's fun and enjoyable, as do I. My suggestion is to keep it that way, or your going to become quite tiresome of it, as it is going to be your main source of cardio.

But for the lolls. Optimally, if you were to street skate semi vigorously for approx. an hour you could lose up to 360 calories.

Good luck bruh!
    6'3 - 195 lbs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVBP6VoLdmI&t=425s

BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    When I used to be a skater, I did it as my main mode of transportation (but also because it looked cool). However, when I think cardio, I think sweating. Unless you're specifically skateboarding for fun or doing tricks, then look elsewhere for cardio.

But yeah, it is a pretty good means of cardio. As long as it isn't a longboard. That isn't skating.
    Short term Goal: To cut back before bulking like a demon.
    Mid term Goal: To find myself.
    Long term Goal: To get what's mine.

67 lbs in 9 years and still counting... (started at 100lbs)

It's a hater's job to hate. So let them hate...

Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I used to skate but I didn't eat that much so was pretty slim, skated for about 5 years. Loved it. Favourite trick was 360 flip down sets. but I love backside flips