Meeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meeke will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Sharp burning pain below shoulder blade

Long story short: Burning sharp pain below my left shoulder blade in my upper back causing to the point of numbness and extreme extreme discomfort. I've googled and googled and most are saying it's a pinched muscle/nerve. My question is what is the best route I should take for recovery at this point.

I've tried releasing my back by applying pressure to the spot and leaning into my lap with the pressure(arms are too big though and I can't tell if I'm hitting the correct spot). I've also had my dad apply the pressure for 30 seconds-50 seconds and it provides temporary relief.

I'm starting back into using the hot tub at my gym tomorrow for the next couple of days to try to relieve it as well.

Tips/Advice? It's been persisting for about 5 days now.

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Meeke View Post
    I've tried releasing my back by applying pressure to the spot and leaning into my lap with the pressure(arms are too big though and I can't tell if I'm hitting the correct spot). I've also had my dad apply the pressure for 30 seconds-50 seconds and it provides temporary relief.
    Many times, you need massage some other area other than the spot where you're feeling pain. Trigger points can refer pain from one location to some other one. The fact that you're only experiencing temporary relief from direct massage of the area where you're feeling pain probably means that you need to look elsewhere. The reference that I usually use for this stuff is The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook. It's about $13 from Amazon and is probably well under $20 from your local book seller. If you don't want to invest in the book, there are some online resources, including this pain chart. (I highly recommend the book though.)
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

Meeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meeke will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meeke will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by KBKB View Post
    Many times, you need massage some other area other than the spot where you're feeling pain. Trigger points can refer pain from one location to some other one. The fact that you're only experiencing temporary relief from direct massage of the area where you're feeling pain probably means that you need to look elsewhere. The reference that I usually use for this stuff is The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook. It's about $13 from Amazon and is probably well under $20 from your local book seller. If you don't want to invest in the book, there are some online resources, including this pain chart. (I highly recommend the book though.)
    Repped and thanks! The pain chart helped me locate the root of the issue.

Bump for any other suggestions.