-DC- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -DC- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -DC- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -DC- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -DC- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -DC- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -DC- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -DC- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -DC- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -DC- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -DC- will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Need advice on cowboy collars/butterfly restrictors

So I play MLB and I am 15(turning 16 this year). I need to get something to help protct my neck. So it's either a cowboy collar or butterfly restrictor. Not sure if the butterfly one is worth the extra money. What exactly is the difference between the two?-Is it just two different companies and that's all? If I were to get the cowboy collar, which size should I get, M or L?

Cowboy Collar http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/produ...--1501/size--/

Butterfly Restrictor http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/produ...--112/node--0/
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Poster above me is a phag Dennis71's Avatar
    Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1. get the butterfly
    2. we cant tell u wat size because we dont know how big u are
    Misc'in since '07

2x cancer survivor

Agallah Adams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agallah Adams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agallah Adams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agallah Adams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agallah Adams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agallah Adams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agallah Adams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agallah Adams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agallah Adams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agallah Adams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agallah Adams has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    the butterfly looks cooler, and is much more effective.
    if you wanna look even more intimidating while adding extra protection, cop one of these joints:

-DC- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -DC- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -DC- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -DC- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -DC- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -DC- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -DC- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -DC- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -DC- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -DC- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -DC- will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Okay so i think I'm going to go with the butterfly. It works with any shoulder pads and not just Douglas ones right?
    Last edited by -DC-; 04-05-2008 at 08:38 AM.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by -DC- View Post
    So I play MLB and I am 15(turning 16 this year). I need to get something to help protct my neck. So it's either a cowboy collar or butterfly restrictor. Not sure if the butterfly one is worth the extra money. What exactly is the difference between the two?-Is it just two different companies and that's all? If I were to get the cowboy collar, which size should I get, M or L?

Cowboy Collar http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/produ...--1501/size--/

Butterfly Restrictor http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/produ...--112/node--0/
    Don't worry, it fits with all pads. I currently have a cowboy collar cuz one of our old players had it and left it for me. i'm thinking of getting a butterfly restrictor also, but i don't even feel like i need these restricting things anymore. butterflys do look cooler though, just don't look like a doofus and put ur jersey over ur butterfly cuz that looks retarded as hell. also butterfly doesn't restrict u from looking up as much as cowboy collar.

but in the end, u really don't need any of these things. seems like too many kids go out and by these things, but they aren't necessary. if u've been big on lifting and neck protection and ur traps, u dont need any of this excess stuff
    Last edited by xKKx7; 04-05-2008 at 10:52 AM.
    1 Corinthians 6:19-20

19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

Originally Posted by xKKx7 View Post
    Don't worry, it fits with all pads. I currently have a cowboy collar cuz one of our old players had it and left it for me. i'm thinking of getting a butterfly restrictor also, but i don't even feel like i need these restricting things anymore. butterflys do look cooler though, just don't look like a doofus and put ur jersey over ur butterfly cuz that looks retarded as hell. also butterfly doesn't restrict u from looking up as much as cowboy collar.

but in the end, u really don't need any of these things. seems like too many kids go out and by these things, but they aren't necessary. if u've been big on lifting and neck protection and ur traps, u dont need any of this excess stuff
    Thanks. I see what you're saying but our coach wants all the linebackers to get some sort of neck protection.

xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by -DC- View Post
    Thanks. I see what you're saying but our coach wants all the linebackers to get some sort of neck protection.
    haha ur team will look savage
    1 Corinthians 6:19-20

19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have both and I like the Cowboy Collar. The butterfly is just way too restrictive. You feel akward moving around with your head stuck straight in the forward position the entire time. You can't move your neck back at all really. The cowboy collar actually gives a little so you can look up when your body is tilted. I also liked the protection of most neck rolls. If you want neck protection with very little constriction of needed movement, I'd look into one of these:

Dolphin Pad/Collar : http://www.riddell1.com/newsite/prod...roducts_id=555

Schutt Neck Pad/Collar : http://www.schuttsports.com/aspx/Spo...og.aspx?id=803

Registered Shredder D-1Gladiator74's Avatar
    D-1Gladiator74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D-1Gladiator74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D-1Gladiator74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D-1Gladiator74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D-1Gladiator74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D-1Gladiator74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D-1Gladiator74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D-1Gladiator74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D-1Gladiator74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D-1Gladiator74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D-1Gladiator74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Agallah Adams View Post
    the butterfly looks cooler, and is much more effective.
    if you wanna look even more intimidating while adding extra protection, cop one of these joints:
    were can i get one of those boards? I got a butterfly restrictor but i wanted a board in the first place but couldn't find one
    BMW M6... $100,000
    Rolex Watch... $3,400
    Armani Leather Jacket... $700

The look on your ex gf's face after cutting season... priceless

There are a lot of things money CAN buy, for everything else there's bodybuilding.

WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by D-1Gladiator74 View Post
    were can i get one of those boards? I got a butterfly restrictor but i wanted a board in the first place but couldn't find one
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=106976501
    Just made that thread. It's in the second link.