Mphisto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Eating breakfast before or after workout?

Hi guys,

Should I eat breakfast before or after workout? Which is a better choice?

EDIT: the workout I does is kinda light (Medium intensity)
    Last edited by Mphisto; 07-17-2011 at 02:06 AM.

joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000)
    will you perform better with food in your stomach or not?

do w/e lets you perform better. I personally like training fasted.

iksD is on a distinguished road. (+10) iksD is on a distinguished road. (+10) iksD is on a distinguished road. (+10) iksD is on a distinguished road. (+10) iksD is on a distinguished road. (+10) iksD is on a distinguished road. (+10) iksD is on a distinguished road. (+10) iksD is on a distinguished road. (+10) iksD is on a distinguished road. (+10) iksD is on a distinguished road. (+10) iksD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you do it before eating, ingest some BCAA's. Tho you should only lift before breakfast if you have more energy when fasted or are cutting.

Originally Posted by iksD View Post
    If you do it before eating, ingest some BCAA's. Tho you should only lift before breakfast if you have more energy when fasted or are cutting.
    Originally Posted by joebrosef View Post
    will you perform better with food in your stomach or not?

do w/e lets you perform better. I personally like training fasted.
    Hi,
    personally, i feel good working out before breakfast (better then working out after breakfast).

but i have seen many reports saying that working out before breakfast is bad because your stomach as been on empty fuel hours ago, etc...

Grtr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grtr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grtr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grtr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grtr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grtr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grtr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grtr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grtr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grtr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grtr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i went from 62kg to 75kg in 4months while training fasted everyday OP. Training fasted is not bad, unless you fail to hit your macros for the day, thats all that maters.

jvlshz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jvlshz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jvlshz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jvlshz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jvlshz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jvlshz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jvlshz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jvlshz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jvlshz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jvlshz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jvlshz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i personally train after eating a small breakfast, just a little snack, because I feel it gives me the extra energy boost i need

Logan678 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Logan678 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Logan678 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Logan678 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Logan678 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Logan678 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Logan678 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Logan678 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Logan678 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Logan678 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Logan678 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    eat the breakfast

BBNobu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BBNobu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BBNobu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BBNobu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BBNobu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BBNobu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BBNobu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BBNobu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BBNobu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BBNobu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BBNobu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Grtr1 View Post
    i went from 62kg to 75kg in 4months while training fasted everyday OP. Training fasted is not bad, unless you fail to hit your macros for the day, thats all that maters.
    Says the guy who's red with no picture nor stats.

OP, Eat the breakfast first then workout.
    Disregard Everything, Acquire Aesthetics Crew

**l**MISC GIF CREW**l** -

Misc WristWatch Crew

InkBruH is just really nice. (+1000) InkBruH is just really nice. (+1000) InkBruH is just really nice. (+1000) InkBruH is just really nice. (+1000) InkBruH is just really nice. (+1000) InkBruH is just really nice. (+1000) InkBruH is just really nice. (+1000) InkBruH is just really nice. (+1000) InkBruH is just really nice. (+1000) InkBruH is just really nice. (+1000) InkBruH is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jvlshz View Post
    i personally train after eating a small breakfast, just a little snack, because I feel it gives me the extra energy boost i need
    This. For me I wake up have a bowl of oats, maybe a bannana. Wait an hour throwback the pwo, wait 20-30.... gym time.

Ok, so how long should I wait for after eating breakfast before working out

P.S. the workout I does is kinda light (Medium intensity)

jvlshz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jvlshz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jvlshz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jvlshz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jvlshz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jvlshz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jvlshz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jvlshz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jvlshz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jvlshz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jvlshz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Mphisto View Post
    Ok, so how long should I wait for after eating breakfast before working out

P.S. the workout I does is kinda light (Medium intensity)
    if you eat a small snack, you shouldnt need to wait at all, at most maybe 10 minutes

what i do is

eat a snack
    workout
    eat a proper meal (+protein, etc)

Originally Posted by jvlshz View Post
    if you eat a small snack, you shouldnt need to wait at all, at most maybe 10 minutes

what i do is

eat a snack
    workout
    eat a proper meal (+protein, etc)
    Ok, Thanks !

Grtr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grtr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grtr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grtr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grtr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grtr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grtr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grtr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grtr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grtr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grtr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BBNobu View Post
    Says the guy who's red with no picture nor stats.

OP, Eat the breakfast first then workout.

happy?

iksD is on a distinguished road. (+10) iksD is on a distinguished road. (+10) iksD is on a distinguished road. (+10) iksD is on a distinguished road. (+10) iksD is on a distinguished road. (+10) iksD is on a distinguished road. (+10) iksD is on a distinguished road. (+10) iksD is on a distinguished road. (+10) iksD is on a distinguished road. (+10) iksD is on a distinguished road. (+10) iksD is on a distinguished road. (+10)

happy?
    Doesn't mean that your lats are much bigger because he doesn't know how to do a proper lat spread - it doesn't look right, idk maybe he's doing it right but whatever (neither do I lol but who cares) , so there was no need for his pic for comparison. But still, nice back.

kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile Bedfore!!

If you lift weights on an empty stomach ur body will eat ur muscles ...never workout out without eating ......a whey protein shake will do..or at least 2 glasses of milk n some peanut butter or oatmeal or cheerios..........

Originally Posted by mphisto View Post
    hi guys,

should i eat breakfast before or after workout? Which is a better choice?

Edit: The workout i does is kinda light (medium intensity)
    KEN LECLAIR

Sugar is fattening thenaturalguy's Avatar
    thenaturalguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) thenaturalguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) thenaturalguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) thenaturalguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) thenaturalguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) thenaturalguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) thenaturalguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) thenaturalguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) thenaturalguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) thenaturalguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) thenaturalguy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kenethleclair View Post
    If you lift weights on an empty stomach ur body will eat ur muscles ...never workout out without eating ......a whey protein shake will do..or at least 2 glasses of milk n some peanut butter or oatmeal or cheerios..........
    no, it wont. OP if you feel like lifting before breakfast then by all means, go ahead!
    IIFYM.
    I eat carbs after 6 p.m.*╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮ - Not a single f*** was given.
    100% natural bodybuilding.

Wow, there are many answers and is getting confusing =O

Personally, I would wish to workout before breakfast but is there any setbacks?

BBNobu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BBNobu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BBNobu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BBNobu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BBNobu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BBNobu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BBNobu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BBNobu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BBNobu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BBNobu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BBNobu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

happy?
    I'm so happy you took the time to take that picture just for me.

You must really care <3

OP, There might be... it depends on you, If you wanna workout before breakfast, Go ahead.
    Disregard Everything, Acquire Aesthetics Crew

**l**MISC GIF CREW**l** -

Misc WristWatch Crew

CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Mphisto View Post
    Wow, there are many answers and is getting confusing =O

Personally, I would wish to workout before breakfast but is there any setbacks?
    no, there is not. I suggest your check out the nutrition section, alot of people on there fast for 16 hours and then train without the use of BCAAs.

Just like that guy said, meal timing does not matter.

Originally Posted by CharH06 View Post
    no, there is not. I suggest your check out the nutrition section, alot of people on there fast for 16 hours and then train without the use of BCAAs.

Just like that guy said, meal timing does not matter.
    Ok. Thanks for the information

dondeluis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dondeluis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dondeluis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dondeluis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dondeluis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dondeluis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dondeluis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dondeluis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dondeluis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dondeluis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dondeluis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I tried this once on an empty stomach, didnt work out for me. Now I go with something light.

Rictus123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rictus123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rictus123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rictus123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rictus123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rictus123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rictus123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rictus123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If cutting i would workout then eat. If bulking id eat quite light workout then eat big.