Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by jcpryor3 View Post
    Not sure what's going on, but I'm guessing my shoulders keep getting slightly injured from squats. Maybe from the pressure I'm putting on them with my grip (bringing elbows back too far behind me). Anyways, keep getting these shoulder pains. One day it's my left, then it's my right. Gotta do something about this.
    maybe try throwing in some light circuits of prehab/rehab movements at the end of your lifts mate. Pullovers/cuban rotations/inverse hyper extensions/ ect have all done wonders for me.

deffinitely get some more feed back, but that is my anectedol(sp?) opinion
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

Keepin' It Kingdom (KIK) jcpryor3's Avatar
    jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Cowmustard View Post
    maybe try throwing in some light circuits of prehab/rehab movements at the end of your lifts mate. Pullovers/cuban rotations/inverse hyper extensions/ ect have all done wonders for me.

deffinitely get some more feed back, but that is my anectedol(sp?) opinion
    I'll look those exercises up and give em a shot. Thanks CM!
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not unto your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Starting Stats: 206lbs@19%, LBM@193.4lbs <---------- LBM inaccurate
    Current Stats: 177.8lbs@11.5%, LBM@157.7lbs

God is first, I am second
    Set goals, take action, then achieve
    Keto Lifestyle

2012 BB.com Transformation Challenge Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150883123

jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Power clean practice:

HD version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pxKiJz4w5A

Personally, I think the last one was my best. I need to work on keeping the barbell close to my body and opening up quicker to generate more power.

Edit: Looks like I'm still jumping. Gotta focus on hip thrust and stop jumping.
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not unto your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Keto Lifestyle

Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Looks like you could rotate your elbows out a bit more, to my eye anyway.

On the initial pull, you open your hip angle a bit before extension. Was a bit noticeable in 2 PCs, but 1 not as much.

Otherwise, just what your mentioned about the hop.

Definite improvement though.
    www.squidoo.com/keto-diet

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs
    90 day XAT-7 and Cardio Igniter forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146779723
    TEST-PEAK http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149177173
    2013 BB.com challenge log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150876933

Sugar Alcohols...Explained http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151110953

Metabolic advantage of keto diet: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153834101

Originally Posted by Grifts View Post
    Looks like you could rotate your elbows out a bit more, to my eye anyway.

On the initial pull, you open your hip angle a bit before extension. Was a bit noticeable in 2 PCs, but 1 not as much.

Otherwise, just what your mentioned about the hop.

Definite improvement though.
    When you say rotate my elbows out a bit more, what exactly do you mean?

Yeah your right about that. I'll make sure I'm focusing on proper timing next workout.

Thanks as always Grifts!

Keto Lifestyle

Today was a pretty chill day. Just prepared for tomorrows carbup and played some BO2 with my brother and uncle.

Tonights my little brothers birthday. He's turning 18. Remember those licorice I told you all he's been bugging me about? Well, I'm gonna give him the whole tub at midnight. He better be satisfied lol

Macros:
    Cals - 2,253
    Fats - 166g@67%
    Protein - 169g@30%
    Carbs - 19g@3%

That's about it for now.

Keto Lifestyle

Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    When you say rotate my elbows out a bit more, what exactly do you mean?

Yeah your right about that. I'll make sure I'm focusing on proper timing next workout.

Thanks as always Grifts!
    A bit hard for me to explain. Bear with me.

As you are bent down holding the bar, you should be able to rotate your arms such that instead your elbows pointing behind you, they will be pointing to the left and right. This will make it HARDER for you to to use your arms to pull and cause you to pull harder from your back (which is the target of the power clean).

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs
    90 day XAT-7 and Cardio Igniter forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146779723
    2013 BB.com challenge log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150876933

Sugar Alcohols...Explained http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151110953

Metabolic advantage of keto diet: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153834101

A bit hard for me to explain. Bear with me.

As you are bent down holding the bar, you should be able to rotate your arms such that instead your elbows pointing behind you, they will be pointing to the left and right. This will make it HARDER for you to to use your arms to pull and cause you to pull harder from your back (which is the target of the power clean).
    lol I think I get what your saying. I'll have to get some more footage to see though.

Began my carb up this morning and I just got back from my depletion workout. Man was it good!

Cycle 1:
    Squat - 135 x 5 x 3
    Bench - 135 x 5 x 3
    Deadlift - 200 x 5 x 1

Cycle 2:
    Squat - 115 x 10 x 3
    Bench - 115 x 10 x 3
    Deadlift - 135 x 10 x 1

Cycle 3:
    Squat - 95 x 10 x 3
    Bench - 95 x 10 x 3
    Deadlift - 115 x 10 x 1

Total working sets: 21

Felt pretty damn good. Once I made to the third cycle, I was pretty darn fatigued. I'm sure I depleted most of my muscle glycogen (at least that's what I'm hoping).

Right now I'm eating some Ben & Jerry's AmeriCone Dream. It's delish! Going out to dinner tonight with the fam. Gonna have a feast

I'll report back later on!

Keto Lifestyle

Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Now about the carb ups bro. The best carb up you could possibly do is to eat lots of fruit, vegetables and brown rice or integral pasta. Eating stuff like Pizza, donuts, sauces, dips, potatoes, bread, do not even want to mention candies or cakes is just plain unhealthy. If you are doing the carb up do it in the most proper way bro and the one that is healthy. There is no need to binge out on bad and unhealthy foods. Simply eat a lot of healthy carbs with bunch of brown rice or pasta and some protein like from the chicken.

Originally Posted by Pishko View Post
    Now about the carb ups bro. The best carb up you could possibly do is to eat lots of fruit, vegetables and brown rice or integral pasta. Eating stuff like Pizza, donuts, sauces, dips, potatoes, bread, do not even want to mention candies or cakes is just plain unhealthy. If you are doing the carb up do it in the most proper way bro and the one that is healthy. There is no need to binge out on bad and unhealthy foods. Simply eat a lot of healthy carbs with bunch of brown rice or pasta and some protein like from the chicken.
    Yeah your probably right lol I guess these carb-ups are gonna give me my carb fix....if you know what I mean. I won't get too crazy with them though.

Keto Lifestyle

The carb up went great! I really didn't track my cals/macros. Next time I'll try to monitor a little closely (mainly just fat intake). Prior to carb up I weighed 190lb even. Weighed myself this morning and I was 194.8lb. Not bad. I'm sure that's all water weight. Looking forward to this week so I can assess my weight loss and find out if the carb up helps me get past this plateau. Hopefully it did the trick.

Tomorrow is a training day. I've been going fairly light to focus on form. It's gotta a lot better so I plan on increasing weight tomorrow. Excited to see how much this carb up is gonna help in the gym. I'm expecting great results tomorrow!

Edit: EC stack came Friday morning. Today is my 3rd day on the stack. So far so good. Energy levels have been up so that's a plus. I'll be reporting back later in the week.

Keto Lifestyle

Fruit contains fructose, which is metabolized in the liver. You want other kinds of sugar that can be absorbed directly into the muscles. Not that I avoid fruit when carbing up, but it doesn't help the glycogen super-compensation effect as much as some other choices.

Also, I love some candy when carbing up, and especially pre workout when I need quick energy. Potatoes and bread also aren't bad. Almost entirely starch/carbs, relatively low fat, unless you are dumping cheese, sour cream, bacon, butter on the potato.

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs

Fruit contains fructose, which is metabolized in the liver. You want other kinds of sugar that can be absorbed directly into the muscles. Not that I avoid fruit when carbing up, but it doesn't help the glycogen super-compensation effect as much as some other choices.

Also, I love some candy when carbing up, and especially pre workout when I need quick energy. Potatoes and bread also aren't bad. Almost entirely starch/carbs, relatively low fat, unless you are dumping cheese, sour cream, bacon, butter on the potato.
    Yeah I avoided the fruit. Next carb up is gonna be better.

Din't even think about bread. Thanks for reminding me. Gonna have me a sammich next carb up

Keto Lifestyle

Feeling very tired right now. About to take my 3rd dose of EC stack. Hopefully that picks me up. We will see.

Keto Lifestyle

Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Feeling very tired right now. About to take my 3rd dose of EC stack. Hopefully that picks me up. We will see.
    Which EC stack did you buy?

k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Would like to know as well.
    My Keto Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149423413

Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    the mystery of pryor's EC stack.... well at least he stopped that electroshock therapy kick you were on man!! :P
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

Originally Posted by k3n12ock View Post
    Would like to know as well.
    the mystery of pryor's EC stack.... well at least he stopped that electroshock therapy kick you were on man!! :P
    LOL your all tryna figure out my secret weapon huh? well, I can't tell y'all (not srs) I ordered my stack from gorillajack.com. Got 600 tabs for $49 and 3 bottles of 200mg caffeine tabs (100 count in each) for about $21 bucks. It was well worth it if you ask me.

The stack seems to suppress my hunger a lot....it's a little harder to meet macros but not nearly impossible.

Sundays breakdown:
    Cals - 2,254
    Fat - 164g@67%
    Protein - 180g@32%
    Carbs - 2g(net)@0%

Monday's breakdown
    Cals - 2,114
    Fat - 151g@65%
    Protein - 167g@32%
    Carbs - 12g(net)@3%

Nothings really new. I did go for a 30min run yesterday. Legs were toast afterwards. I feel doms in my calves a little bit (barefoot running ftw). Next time I'll be taking it a little easier. Looking forward to tomorrow. Gonna put in some work!

Edit: Here's the links to my EC stack

Ephedrine - http://www.gorillajack.com/kaizen-ep...-600-tabs.aspx
    Caffeine - http://www.gorillajack.com/kaizen-ca...-100-tabs.aspx

They have different quantities if you prefer to get a smaller supply. FYI, this is gonna last me about 10 weeks. That should be more than enough (I'm hoping). If not, I'll be ordering again. Also, they are located in Canada so shipping is a little expensive, that's why I ordered so much. Enjoy!
    Last edited by jcpryor3; 01-22-2013 at 03:21 PM.

Keto Lifestyle

Thanks on the share.

yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Man, I don't know how you can do Ephedra.....I tried it over 10 years ago and literally thought I was going to die. But I did lose 20lbs in 4 days.....

Originally Posted by yabbyshmabby View Post
    Man, I don't know how you can do Ephedra.....I tried it over 10 years ago and literally thought I was going to die. But I did lose 20lbs in 4 days.....
    I tried it once, when I was about 17 I think. Was really tired. Guy gave me 1 tablet of Ephedra. I was bagging for 3 cashiers at once afterwards.

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs

Thanks on the share.
    Anytime brosuf!

Keto Lifestyle

Originally Posted by yabbyshmabby View Post
    I tried it once, when I was about 17 I think. Was really tired. Guy gave me 1 tablet of Ephedra. I was bagging for 3 cashiers at once afterwards.
    This is how I felt when I first started taking OxyEP (no longer take it). My heart used to race like crazy and I had way too much energy. It was a bit scary at first, but my body adjusted.

Haven't had any problems with the ephedra. So far so good. I'm still not sure how my carb-up went. How do you even know if you've depleted all muscle glycogen? I think I read somewhere that if your muscle glycogen isn't fully depleted, it's pointless to do a carb up. Those weren't the exact words but I'm sure I seen it somewhere. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe I'm back in ketosis. Not sure though just yet. Last night I think I was getting trace amounts. It was kinda hard to tell. Oh well. Not too worried about it. Just hoping I can get past this plateau if I haven't already. Gonna do an extra weigh-in tomorrow morning to see where I'm at.

Keto Lifestyle

Timbarism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timbarism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timbarism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timbarism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timbarism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timbarism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timbarism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timbarism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timbarism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timbarism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timbarism is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Can't get the 'E' in the EC stack here. Possession is legal, but the sale of ephedrine is highly regulated in Aus.

Good stuff on the running JC! Apprehensive about barefoots, but I might pick up a new pair of five fingers and try it out.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional"

2013 Transformation Challenge Aus Brah checking in - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150947503

Originally Posted by Timbarism View Post
    Can't get the 'E' in the EC stack here. Possession is legal, but the sale of ephedrine is highly regulated in Aus.

Good stuff on the running JC! Apprehensive about barefoots, but I might pick up a new pair of five fingers and try it out.
    You wouldn't be able to order from somewhere outside of Aus.?

The five fingers are great too. My cousin was wearing those when we went running. He said he loves them. Of course it took him a little getting used to, but he's good now. I'm thinking about picking me a pari up as well.

Keto Lifestyle

You wouldn't be able to order from somewhere outside of Aus.?

The five fingers are great too. My cousin was wearing those when we went running. He said he loves them. Of course it took him a little getting used to, but he's good now. I'm thinking about picking me a pari up as well.
    Lol, I remember reading whole threads dedicated to what supps have been confiscated in Aussie, sucks man!!!

Anyone know if they finally put bronkaid back on the shelf???
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

Lol, I remember reading whole threads dedicated to what supps have been confiscated in Aussie, sucks man!!!

Anyone know if they finally put bronkaid back on the shelf???
    Not sure bro. Never checked lol I figured that I'd be better off buying ephedra in bulk as opposed to a 50pk of brink aid for about $10-$15. Ya dig?

Keto Lifestyle

How do you even know if you've depleted all muscle glycogen? I think I read somewhere that if your muscle glycogen isn't fully depleted, it's pointless to do a carb up. Those weren't the exact words but I'm sure I seen it somewhere. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe I'm back in ketosis. Not sure though just yet. Last night I think I was getting trace amounts. It was kinda hard to tell. Oh well. Not too worried about it. Just hoping I can get past this plateau if I haven't already. Gonna do an extra weigh-in tomorrow morning to see where I'm at.
    1) One way is like going to failure on multiple muscle groups. Use lightish weights, to make sure that it is glycogen depletion as opposed to just fatigue.

2) If you have trace, you are in ketosis. Stix are like a yes/maybe answer. Sometimes you get false negatives, but positives are always positive.

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs

Easy way to deplete is to ismply do lightweight workouts until you are struggling to even move afterwards. It will take over 400 reps sometimes.

k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You can still buy Ephedra in the states? I thought it was banned here too?
    My Keto Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149423413