Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000)

Leg Day Motivator!

How often do you see those guys at the gym that are constantly training their chest and arms. Eventually those individuals become topheavy and have to resort to wearing pants to the gym everyday to cover up their chicken legs. The fact of the matter is, guys typically do not enjoy training their legs. It hurts in and out of the gym with little nocitable change. If you don't already know this, the harder you train your legs the more testosterone your body will produce! More testosterone means bigger gains for your upper body!

I used to HATE training my legs, now it is by far my favorite training day of the week. Leg day prep usually begins the night before, I try to get an extra hour or two of sleep and mentally commit to an absolute war with my body the next day. You can't go in and half ass leg day! You have to go in and give 110% or you might as well just go home. I have nearly passed out and thrown up in between sets, then got right back into the fight. Leg day will slowly grow on you and you will walk out of the gym with a feeling unlike any other. You will feel gratified, I promise!
    Darren Conroy
    Controlled Labs Sponsored Natural Athlete
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

FREE Controlled Labs SAMPLES
    forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149596763

Free Controlled Labs supps for your labels
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=117636651

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

SkyShock is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkyShock is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkyShock is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkyShock is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkyShock is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkyShock is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkyShock is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkyShock is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkyShock is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkyShock is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkyShock is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Amen! I gotta be careful with my leg days as my legs respond very well, but you have to love the sheer mass you can move with your legs.

A tip to anyone who hates leg days. Keep a running total of the amount of weight you move. Pretty hard not to get hyped when you're moving over 4,000 lbs in a set of squats or 10,000+ on a set of leg press. Not gonna get numbers like that on bicep day...
    Losing is not an option because winning feels too damn good.

Gaspari Vasotropin log ---> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142059591

bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i want tom platz size legs.. that all the motivation i need... plus having a narrow waist with thick legs and wide shoulders looks the fcking business... but then again i also want a wide back because a huge back and huge legs means the the guys is powerful...
    stats: jan 2012/ goals: jan 2013

DL :405/495
    Squat 275/315
    Bench 180/225 (feelsbadman)

brianr018 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brianr018 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brianr018 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brianr018 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brianr018 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brianr018 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brianr018 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brianr018 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brianr018 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I hated doing legs for years and often found excuses to slip leg day out of my routines all together, but over the past couple months i've stuck to it and am beggining to see the results and loving leg days
    "Nothing worth having in life comes easy"

DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by brianr018 View Post
    I hated doing legs for years and often found excuses to slip leg day out of my routines all together, but over the past couple months i've stuck to it and am beggining to see the results and loving leg days
    That's alway nice to hear and I too used to find reasons not to train my legs. Once I started seeing results I was quickly hooked. I even went as far as not to allow myself to wear pants to the gym. I love walking out of the gym on after leg training and feeling wrecked. It's priceless!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000)
    legs still got DOMS from friday. feelsgoodman.jpg

RADRYAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RADRYAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RADRYAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RADRYAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RADRYAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RADRYAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RADRYAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RADRYAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RADRYAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RADRYAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RADRYAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Talking

yup leg day, bring the pain

GIFSoup

Unhappy

Originally Posted by RADRYAN View Post
    yup leg day, bring the pain

GIFSoup
    Hasn't happened yet.. Hopefully it never does!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Thumbs up

Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by DarrenConroy View Post

Squat 275/315

GrassEaterBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrassEaterBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrassEaterBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrassEaterBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrassEaterBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrassEaterBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrassEaterBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrassEaterBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrassEaterBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrassEaterBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrassEaterBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How often do you see those guys at the gym that are constantly training their chest and arms. Eventually those individuals become topheavy and have to resort to wearing pants to the gym everyday to cover up their chicken legs. The fact of the matter is, guys typically do not enjoy training their legs. It hurts in and out of the gym with little nocitable change. If you don't already know this, the harder you train your legs the more testosterone your body will produce! More testosterone means bigger gains for your upper body!

I used to HATE training my legs, now it is by far my favorite training day of the week. Leg day prep usually begins the night before, I try to get an extra hour or two of sleep and mentally commit to an absolute war with my body the next day. You can't go in and half ass leg day! You have to go in and give 110% or you might as well just go home. I have nearly passed out and thrown up in between sets, then got right back into the fight. Leg day will slowly grow on you and you will walk out of the gym with a feeling unlike any other. You will feel gratified, I promise!
    thanks for this man!!

papakool9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can't wait till leg day is my favorite day...

Originally Posted by papakool9 View Post
    Can't wait till leg day is my favorite day...
    Go get some!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Cenotaph has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cenotaph has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cenotaph has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cenotaph has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cenotaph has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cenotaph has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cenotaph has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cenotaph has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cenotaph has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cenotaph has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cenotaph has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    To me legs are like a badge of honour, a symbol of your dedication and hard work in the gym more than any other muscle group. The top heavy torso trainers dont know the feel of not being able to walk for the rest of the day; they dont know the feel of being in pain when its time to wipe your ass; they dont know the feel of being in the bottom of a squat, not quite knowing whether they're going to be able to get back up again, and then going back in for another rep afterwards when you succeed. These are the reasons I love legs day, its the day I push myself to be better than not only the average person, but also the average gym goer. I feel like a god of the gym on legs day.... and my legs arent even big yet!
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

Bench - 110kg (242 lbs)
    Squat - 155kg (341 lbs)
    Deadlift - 210kg (462 lbs)

Originally Posted by Cenotaph View Post
    To me legs are like a badge of honour, a symbol of your dedication and hard work in the gym more than any other muscle group. The top heavy torso trainers dont know the feel of not being able to walk for the rest of the day; they dont know the feel of being in pain when its time to wipe your ass; they dont know the feel of being in the bottom of a squat, not quite knowing whether they're going to be able to get back up again, and then going back in for another rep afterwards when you succeed. These are the reasons I love legs day, its the day I push myself to be better than not only the average person, but also the average gym goer. I feel like a god of the gym on legs day.... and my legs arent even big yet!
    i know that feel.. i`m only on 2plates but noone else in my gym squats so it feels awesome going ATG when guys on the smith machine beside me are literally doing knee bends.. want to call them out but its not my place

Squat 275/315

quayleman33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quayleman33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quayleman33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quayleman33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quayleman33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quayleman33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quayleman33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quayleman33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quayleman33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quayleman33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quayleman33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i was without a doubt used to be one of those guys. always came up with an excuse to no train legs. now its become one of my favorite training days. luckily my legs have responded very well over the past year and are growing more and more. love the feeling of having strong legs being unable to walk outta the gym.
    Harden the F_ck Up

tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i can barely walk up the stairs to kiss my daughter goodnight ,because of yesterdays w/o.ill bet all those people who dont train their legs,are going to really want to after reading all these posts.

Originally Posted by quayleman33 View Post
    i was without a doubt used to be one of those guys. always came up with an excuse to no train legs. now its become one of my favorite training days. luckily my legs have responded very well over the past year and are growing more and more. love the feeling of having strong legs being unable to walk outta the gym.
    Yeah buddy! By the looks of your picture, you look very balanced and symmetric! Nice work!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Originally Posted by tomsfish View Post
    i can barely walk up the stairs to kiss my daughter goodnight ,because of yesterdays w/o.ill bet all those people who dont train their legs,are going to really want to after reading all these posts.
    You really can't put a price tag on that feeling! I have quads and calves tomorrow and your right, all these posts are already making me excited to mayhem tomorrow! Gonna get some tomorrow!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ij0iDG5O8g

this isnt entirely devoted to legs but theres a good bit of leg content, plus it's just got daymed motivating.

VFF Crew Mirin' my shoes? OCVeloMan's Avatar
    OCVeloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OCVeloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OCVeloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OCVeloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OCVeloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OCVeloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OCVeloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OCVeloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OCVeloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OCVeloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OCVeloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

I just fapped to this. Taking pre-workout now...
    I had a wife once but she ran away with a gypsy. My heart was not ripped out but she did steal my cuckoo clock.

Bodybuilder, n. A weight lifter too weak to be a powerlifter.
    Powerlifter, n. A weight lifter too fat to be a bodybuilder.

MichaelIsBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelIsBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelIsBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelIsBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelIsBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelIsBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelIsBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelIsBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelIsBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelIsBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelIsBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    amen

Tonight I had the chance to step up to the plate and smash the wheel's! The feedback from this thread without a doubt fueled my workout tonight. I guess in the end I have all of you to thank for one of the best leg days in a long time!
    Last edited by DarrenConroy; 01-25-2012 at 10:31 PM.
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    only thing i hate about leg days is since i go 130% on them, the day after i feel horrible, and my training is usually mediocre
    Staple Supplements:

Allmax Nutrition Isoflex
    Universal Animal Pak
    Universal Animal Rage
    iForce Hemavol
    Thermolife C-bol
    Orange Oximega Fish oil
    Every time you don't give 100%...
    You make it that much easier for me to beat you... -Anonymous

Originally Posted by XShreddedX View Post
    only thing i hate about leg days is since i go 130% on them, the day after i feel horrible, and my training is usually mediocre
    I hear that.. I used to follow up leg day with a rest day due to the same reason. I have since split up Quads and Hamstrings on separate days. I think it helped, the pumps have been insane! I guess it's really specific to the individual but it might be worth a try..
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Even though I'm not training for what qualifies as 'massive' gains, in upper body or lower (With the exception of chest, simply because mine needs a lot of work to look even average), I'll admit I'm addicted to leg days. On Monday I do Chest and Legs, and tomorrow is Legs and Shoulders I'm super-excited for it since I did brilliantly last time.
    "Do you have an erection, man?"

"I just broke a personal record on deadlift."

"And now I have an erection."

Mayahi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mayahi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mayahi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mayahi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mayahi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mayahi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mayahi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mayahi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mayahi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mayahi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mayahi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    haha this thread is awesome. I just started adding a leg day to my workout last month and I can honestly say WOW. At first, the soreness that it brought the whole day and into the week was insane. Then I realized, that's what its all about baby! As a beginner to legs I now know I will always try to get them in. When I go to bed and my legs are 0% sore..I know its time for some legs!

I usually find myself walking slower than normal wherever I go lol due to more lifting, adding legs, and restricted diet (low carb). So funny when every other person in the world will pass me by..I just keep thinking, I JUST DID LEGS-get on my level

Originally Posted by Cohaku View Post
    Even though I'm not training for what qualifies as 'massive' gains, in upper body or lower (With the exception of chest, simply because mine needs a lot of work to look even average), I'll admit I'm addicted to leg days. On Monday I do Chest and Legs, and tomorrow is Legs and Shoulders I'm super-excited for it since I did brilliantly last time.
    That a kid! I too am addicted! Wheels of steel!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

I hear that.. I used to follow up leg day with a rest day due to the same reason. I have since split up Quads and Hamstrings on separate days. I think it helped, the pumps have been insane! I guess it's really specific to the individual but it might be worth a try..
    I`ve been considering doing this but i guess i`m still a noob to the gym 2years training so i dont know if its a bit advanced..

What do ya reckon??

Squat 275/315

Originally Posted by bonacris View Post
    I`ve been considering doing this but i guess i`m still a noob to the gym 2years training so i dont know if its a bit advanced..

What do ya reckon??
    I think that you are already one step ahead! Recognizing the fact that you are new to the gym lifestyle and knowing your limits is huge! Some guys will jump into things too fast and end up hurting themselves. In this case I think you would be just fine splitting up quads and hammy's. As long as you are familiar with what lifts you are doing. If you go to my bio page at http://www.controlledlabs.com/static...p?contentid=29 you will see the split that I'm currently on. You could mirror that and if you have any questions on any of the lifts feel free to hit me up and I'll be happy to help.
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com