Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Myth: You know how much stress your body can take.

Found this on T-Nation. This guy is former SWCC. Read up, and Live it.

Myth: You know how much stress your body can take.
    Mythbuster: Craig Weller

During Special Operations selection training, you're subjected to a brutal series of physical and mental tests. Depending on the program and the time of year, between 60 and 90 percent of candidates won't finish. Fun stuff.
    But it taught me something important: Pain does not stop the body. There's nothing that hurts so badly that you can't keep going just a little longer.
    Extreme and continuous stress teaches you to break daily life down into short, measurable goals. You make it to breakfast, and then you focus on making it to lunch. Sometimes your mind refuses to project beyond the immediate future: running one more step, swimming one more stroke, grinding out just one more push-up.
    Everybody hits bottom at some point. You get to a place where you'd do anything to make the pain stop. If your mind breaks first and you stop running, or wave for a support boat on a swim, or raise your hand during a beat-down to say that you're done, you're officially "weeded out." You've quit. You're part of the majority, but you still feel like a loser.
    Fortunately, there's a loophole: If your body breaks first, they won't hold it against you. Every guy in my squad had the same perverse thought at some point: "If I can just push myself hard enough to black out, I'll crash in the sand, take a nap, and wait for the medics to revive me. I'll get a nice little break, and then rejoin the pack."
    So we ran harder. We pushed. But we hardly ever got those naps.

I remember being on a run, soaking wet and covered with sand. We'd just gotten back to our feet after calisthenics in the surf and a series of sprints up and down a sand dune. Then the instructors took off sprinting again.
    I didn't think I could make it any farther, but I knew I could never live with myself if I stopped running. So I put my head down and sprinted as hard as I could through the soft sand. Pain surged through my body, and the only conscious thought I can remember was that the air I was gasping into my lungs had turned to fire.
    I focused my eyes on the heels of the instructor. The pain was getting worse, but I kept going. I could hear another member of my class behind me, struggling to keep up with the pack while puking between strides.
    Guys who went through the training with me had similar experiences. They'd hit bottom one day, and think they could finally reach their breaking point if only they pushed a little bit harder. But it never worked. The agony would only increase. But so would their capacity to keep going. Pain, in other words, never actually broke our bodies.

Which isn't to say we weren't incapacitated from time to time by hypothermia, hypoxic blackout, hypoglycemic shock, or some other things you find in the dictionary a few pages past "hell." But passing out was acceptable. Quitting wasn't.
    I'm a civilian now, running a facility and training people. Every now and then, I hear someone say, "I can't."
    Frankly, that's bull****. Next time you're tempted to say you "can't," remember that what you're really saying is, "I don't want to."
    Garrett Hills, MS, CSCS, NSCA-CPT
    Exercise Physiologist/Strength Coach

MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great read! And to anyone who doesn't know SWCC stands for Special Warefare Combatant-craft crewman. And the way I understand it is they are the guys who train with SEALs through BUD/S but mainly focus on delivering and rescuing SEALs from missions afterwards.
    -Matt

OmahaBoy2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OmahaBoy2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OmahaBoy2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OmahaBoy2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OmahaBoy2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OmahaBoy2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OmahaBoy2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OmahaBoy2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OmahaBoy2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OmahaBoy2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OmahaBoy2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Very good read. Makes you think about your thressholds.

akm_202 will become famous soon enough. (+50) akm_202 will become famous soon enough. (+50) akm_202 will become famous soon enough. (+50) akm_202 will become famous soon enough. (+50) akm_202 will become famous soon enough. (+50) akm_202 will become famous soon enough. (+50) akm_202 will become famous soon enough. (+50) akm_202 will become famous soon enough. (+50) akm_202 will become famous soon enough. (+50) akm_202 will become famous soon enough. (+50) akm_202 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    very good and interesting, will help bring an extra minute in my HIIT's

Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Halothane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump

advocator of real food broken_steel's Avatar
    broken_steel will become famous soon enough. (+50) broken_steel will become famous soon enough. (+50) broken_steel will become famous soon enough. (+50) broken_steel will become famous soon enough. (+50) broken_steel will become famous soon enough. (+50) broken_steel will become famous soon enough. (+50) broken_steel will become famous soon enough. (+50) broken_steel will become famous soon enough. (+50) broken_steel will become famous soon enough. (+50) broken_steel will become famous soon enough. (+50) broken_steel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wow, fantastic.

and you know what? its true. sometimes, i dont think theres one left in me.. but my friend pushes me and i do it. I definetly have respect for guys like that. Pushing yourself to undescrible pain is something for the strong and strong only.
    Strength is size.

Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Read this before. Pretty good stuff.

Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Also, the rewards of knowing that you've pushed yourself further is just unexplainable. Lol is anyone addicted to pushing themselves further even though the mind tells you to quit?

I find this weird, but i'm kinda addicted to pushing myself to breaking point.

...on a mission... AlphaBrass01's Avatar
    AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Awesome story - I love it!

http://www.********.com/AlphaBrass01

Apothecurious is just really nice. (+1000) Apothecurious is just really nice. (+1000) Apothecurious is just really nice. (+1000) Apothecurious is just really nice. (+1000) Apothecurious is just really nice. (+1000) Apothecurious is just really nice. (+1000) Apothecurious is just really nice. (+1000) Apothecurious is just really nice. (+1000) Apothecurious is just really nice. (+1000) Apothecurious is just really nice. (+1000) Apothecurious is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great article. I love that last line. "When I hear people say 'I can't' I'm really hearing them say 'I don't want to'".
    Alterum Alterius Auxilio Eget
    "Each Needs the Help of the Other"

be.BUILT is just really nice. (+1000) be.BUILT is just really nice. (+1000) be.BUILT is just really nice. (+1000) be.BUILT is just really nice. (+1000) be.BUILT is just really nice. (+1000) be.BUILT is just really nice. (+1000) be.BUILT is just really nice. (+1000) be.BUILT is just really nice. (+1000) be.BUILT is just really nice. (+1000) be.BUILT is just really nice. (+1000) be.BUILT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Repped, that's incredible right there. And I really agree with you.
    You can always push further than you think you can.

I don't mean to be a mood breaker but I wonder what you have to say about this:

You shouldn't ignore your body, it signals things like hunger,fatigue, pain for a reason. Ignoring your body is basically taking it past a point that's good for you.

Jargo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jargo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jargo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jargo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jargo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jargo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jargo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jargo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jargo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jargo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jargo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great read, truly motivational!

Although I am interesting in hearing the OPs response to this quote.
    Originally Posted by be.BUILT View Post
    You shouldn't ignore your body, it signals things like hunger,fatigue, pain for a reason. Ignoring your body is basically taking it past a point that's good for you.

Keyboard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keyboard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keyboard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keyboard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keyboard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keyboard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keyboard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keyboard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keyboard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keyboard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keyboard is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There is only one way to get through the pipelines of these Special Operations units, you have to pass. I'm betting they could care less how tired you are, if you don't pass, you don't make it to the unit. Now things like pain, hunger and fatigue should be listened to if you're training for something, it can help prevent injury/sickness, but there are times when nothing else will matter except putting one foot in front of the other.

ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Wow this makes me wanna go do 16 pullups on my iron gym pull up bar instead of the usual 15 BRB

Edit: I DID IT
    Last edited by maggot617; 08-28-2009 at 01:09 PM.

3rdtwelve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MattP343 View Post
    Great read! And to anyone who doesn't know SWCC stands for Special Warefare Combatant-craft crewman. And the way I understand it is they are the guys who train with SEALs through BUD/S but mainly focus on delivering and rescuing SEALs from missions afterwards.
    SWCC do not go to BUD/S, they go to SWCC school, still crazy hard but its not BUD/S, only SEALs go to BUD/S... not trying to be a troll I just take this stuff pretty seriously, I am a former SEAL candidate, I got med dropped from the Navy pretty early on and have been trying to get back in for the last year and a half. Great read and tons of respect.

O_S_U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) O_S_U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) O_S_U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) O_S_U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) O_S_U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) O_S_U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) O_S_U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) O_S_U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) O_S_U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) O_S_U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) O_S_U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That's some good stuff.

Rcoop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rcoop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rcoop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rcoop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rcoop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rcoop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rcoop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rcoop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rcoop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rcoop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rcoop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just watched a 7 part video on youtube about Hellweek, highly motivational, brutal stuff.
    Weak Ass Legs Crew

"Everything you do, every decision you make, either takes you a step closer or a step further away from your goal. You either grow or you regress; nothing stands still."

Reppin' Force Factor Universal64's Avatar
    Universal64 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Universal64 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Universal64 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Universal64 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Universal64 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Universal64 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Universal64 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Universal64 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Universal64 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Universal64 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Universal64 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Definitely a great read man! Rep'd for this awesome story.
    "The road to success isnt straight
    Theres a curve called Failure
    A loop called Confusion
    Speed bumps called Friends
    Red lights called enemies
    Caution lights called Family

But if you have a
    Spare called Determination
    An engine called Perseverance
    A driver called Jesus
    You will make it to a place called

SUCCESS"

Team Force Factor Rep
    www.forcefactor.com

Originally Posted by be.BUILT View Post

Special Ops training are created for a reason; to keep them off balance, to ensure they never knew what was coming, to cause a stress-reaction, to break them, to make them look bad in front of each other, which eventually led them to trust one another. Trust make them willing to go all the way to the edge in each other's company.

Here's basicly what they say when one's graduate from BUD/S.

In a society where mediocrity is too often the standard, and too often rewarded, there is intense fascination with men who detest mediocrity. Who refuse to define themselves in conventional terms, and who seek to transcend traditionally recognized human capabilities. This is exactly the type of person our training is meant to find. The man who will find a way to complete each and every task to the best of his ability. The man who will adapt and overcome any and all obstacles

Great read on here;
    http://www.gymjones.com/knowledge.php?id=45
    Last edited by Halothane; 08-29-2009 at 10:13 PM.

jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jason92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    nice read

"You Can't be in the water enough and you can't run enough. If you guys are even questionable on that screen test, like if you wake up tomorrow and you got a 105 degree ****ing fever, your ****ing, your pissing, your puking all over the place and you can't pass that thing, I wouldn't go to BUD/s. Like you need to be able to annihilate that thing or at least complete it, regardless of what the **** happens if you roll your ankle be able to still fu*king perform. It's one of those things you can't be in good enough shape and you can't run fast enough or far enough and you can not be comfortable enough in the water"

FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Badass, thank you.
    MAGA --- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Tamorlane: No one really cares except for people like you. Wow he wore a blackface, guess what back in the day many people did that. It was a different time period. Not full of PC little betas like you that cry foul over every little thing.

SillieBazzillie: Under Obama we always strove to be the best at everything. Trump really has ruined everything.

FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Halothane View Post
    Special Ops training are created for a reason; to keep them off balance, to ensure they never knew what was coming, to cause a stress-reaction, to break them, to make them look bad in front of each other, which eventually led them to trust one another. Trust make them willing to go all the way to the edge in each other's company.

Here's basicly what they say when one's graduate from BUD/S.

In a society where mediocrity is too often the standard, and too often rewarded, there is intense fascination with men who detest mediocrity. Who refuse to define themselves in conventional terms, and who seek to transcend traditionally recognized human capabilities. This is exactly the type of person our training is meant to find. The man who will find a way to complete each and every task to the best of his ability. The man who will adapt and overcome any and all obstacles

Great read on here;
    http://www.gymjones.com/knowledge.php?id=45
    Repped again. I read Gym Jones articles daily. Mark Twight is a beast.
    MAGA --- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Tamorlane: No one really cares except for people like you. Wow he wore a blackface, guess what back in the day many people did that. It was a different time period. Not full of PC little betas like you that cry foul over every little thing.

SillieBazzillie: Under Obama we always strove to be the best at everything. Trump really has ruined everything.

OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    repped and i believe every word of it
    What are you on about mate?

Don Shipley from Extreme Seal Experience
    www.extremesealexperience.com
    Give this guy a try, trust me, worth every pennies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afoBIMQzENE

Adamxl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This looks to be a good article, thanks for the post.

Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Awesome idea. I agree 100% that "Can't" is a word far to easily used and a pretty tempting excuse. Really though, as you train more, you should know when you're just worn down compared to when you're really at your limit. Given that, I really don't care for the tone of the article. He doesn't seem like this type of guy, but the tone suggests to me that he wouldn't give someone a spot if they were struggling just because "U NEED 2 SURPASS YOUR LIMITS!!! SO SPEAKETH MACHO BRO MAN!!!"
    "You show me someone who got fat eating fruit and I'll show you someone with a deep fryer and too much time on their hands."

Y.K.K.M.M.F.

Requisite 101 is just really nice. (+1000) Requisite 101 is just really nice. (+1000) Requisite 101 is just really nice. (+1000) Requisite 101 is just really nice. (+1000) Requisite 101 is just really nice. (+1000) Requisite 101 is just really nice. (+1000) Requisite 101 is just really nice. (+1000) Requisite 101 is just really nice. (+1000) Requisite 101 is just really nice. (+1000) Requisite 101 is just really nice. (+1000) Requisite 101 is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Great read.

Anyone have that quote on hand...something down the lines of those who push to their limits are the ones to exceed. It's not exactly that, but I forget whether it was a long or short quote...basically the quote in general.
    "Fork downs and plates pushes."

-Theapexxxx

++ Positive Crew ++

mossible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mossible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mossible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mossible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mossible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mossible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mossible has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

i agree..

Originally Posted by broken_steel View Post
    wow, fantastic.

and you know what? its true. sometimes, i dont think theres one left in me.. but my friend pushes me and i do it. I definetly have respect for guys like that. Pushing yourself to undescrible pain is something for the strong and strong only.
    it really takes so much of you-more determination,courage,discipline to keep going and going and going...
    If you want to join a program that will get you in the best shape of your life and show you a way to make a lot of money doing it, visit my site www.fitnessofwealth.com

Originally Posted by mossible View Post
    it really takes so much of you-more determination,courage,discipline to keep going and going and going...
    you become used to suffering, just push and you will push harder and harder