JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

eating 1 can of tuna before bed?

it has 33g of protein. but it has metals. same reason u guys say muscle milk is bad.

im trying to gain. ppl say to eat 1 g of protein per bodyweight? is this true?

and when i gain i just have to eat everything in sight. and use common sense to not eat things like fried twinkies. people say mass gainers are usually just sugar. so u can instead add in carbo gain to a 100% whey protein for cheaper. Or just eat rice/bread/pasta for calories. True?

and breakfast and postworkouts are most important. what specific things do i need more in those meals? post workouts more carbs n sugar and protein? breakfast protein? ppl say carbs give energy. so eat a lot of carbs for breakfast and workout after?? if i eat carbs after i lift. ill just get fat cause im not doing anything. true?

if u say to eat 2 g of protein per lb. ill eat 360g of protein g damnit. Ill stuff my face with an entire loaf of whole wheat bread and eat 2 chipotle chicken burritos to get to 4,000 calories g damnit. ill do it all.

JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    holy **** now that i think about it...360g of protien.. damnnnn

1 serving of whole milk only got 8g. . .wow. 360 a day. i would be ****ed.
    please may the gods have mercy on me for i am not rich. please god please make humans be able to get big without having to eat 2g of protein per bodyweight.

halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JJinSS View Post
    it has 33g of protein. but it has metals. same reason u guys say muscle milk is bad.

and when i gain i just have to eat everything in sight. and use common sense to not eat things like fried twinkies. people say mass gainers are usually just sugar. so u can instead add in carbo gain to a 100% whey protein for cheaper. Or just eat rice/bread/pasta for calories. True?

and breakfast and postworkouts are most important. what specific things do i need more in those meals? post workouts more carbs n sugar and protein? breakfast protein? ppl say carbs give energy. so eat a lot of carbs for breakfast and workout after?? if i eat carbs after i lift. ill just get fat cause im not doing anything. true?

if u say to eat 2 g of protein per lb. ill eat 360g of protein g damnit. Ill stuff my face with an entire loaf of whole wheat bread and eat 2 chipotle chicken burritos to get to 4,000 calories g damnit. ill do it all.
    If you are serious, you want real results, I guarantee you this option will work. The fastest way to getting as big as possible will sadly involve you gaining quite a bit of fat as well. I don't recommend it, but if you only care about size, go for it, it's the fastest way.

But realistically, get 200g a day. Not counting the proteins in carbs of course. 200 will be easy enough.

noSW3AT will become famous soon enough. (+50) noSW3AT will become famous soon enough. (+50) noSW3AT will become famous soon enough. (+50) noSW3AT will become famous soon enough. (+50) noSW3AT will become famous soon enough. (+50) noSW3AT will become famous soon enough. (+50) noSW3AT will become famous soon enough. (+50) noSW3AT will become famous soon enough. (+50) noSW3AT will become famous soon enough. (+50) noSW3AT will become famous soon enough. (+50) noSW3AT will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

I'm eating a can of tuna right now broski. And yea you should limit your tuna intake because of its mercury content. I eat two cans a week usually.

The rule is 1-2 g protein per pound of body weight, if you want to gain weight shoot for 1.5g-2g.

F*** the weight gainers. Go for quality carbs like brown rice, oats, and sweet potatoes. They are better for you nutritionally, you won't waste money on beefcake 3000, and they taste better.

Post workout I usually have oats or a granola bar and a shake immediately after lifting. Bring it with you to the gym.

For breakfast I slam back a protein shake with a cup of oats ground in a coffee grinder mixed in. I also have some eggs too.

Count your cals in microsoft excel for a few weeks man, it helps you figure out just what you need to eat to satisfy your nutritional needs each day.

noSW3AT will become famous soon enough. (+50) noSW3AT will become famous soon enough. (+50) noSW3AT will become famous soon enough. (+50) noSW3AT will become famous soon enough. (+50) noSW3AT will become famous soon enough. (+50) noSW3AT will become famous soon enough. (+50) noSW3AT will become famous soon enough. (+50) noSW3AT will become famous soon enough. (+50) noSW3AT will become famous soon enough. (+50) noSW3AT will become famous soon enough. (+50) noSW3AT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    holy **** now that i think about it...360g of protien.. damnnnn

1 serving of whole milk only got 8g. . .wow. 360 a day. i would be ****ed.
    please may the gods have mercy on me for i am not rich. please god please make humans be able to get big without having to eat 2g of protein per bodyweight.
    The beauty of this is that your groceries on a bodybuilding diet are much cheaper than buying a bunch of processed/marketed tv dinner ****! Look around for stores like Aldi where you can get cheap foods. Eggs, chicken, and pork are relatively cheap. Brown rice and oats are pretty cheap. Milk products unfortunately are not, so just don't eat them if you don't want to drop the money on them. You can fit your diet to your budget as well as nutritional needs, its all up to you my man.

eh i decided to stop taking protein shakes.

i can just eat food. so no protien shakes for meh. and anyways it never really feels like it does anything for me. like whether i took it or didnt. it feels like the results would be the same lol. i mean ON whey only has 24gs. i can drink 3 cups of whole milk with a apple bran muffin as a snack.

personaly i think taking protein shakes are for the really buff dudes. but until that point where your arms are the same circumference as your face. protein shakes are pointless. psh 24 gs... and if u want 50 u take it twice, now u get half the servings!!! yay. freaking myo. freaking 48 bucks for 70 servings. 35 if u take it twice.

until the day protein powder becomes 10lbs 300 servings. 60g each serving for 5 dollars. **** it.

nvm i take it back. its not that bad. actually. 50 bucks for 35 servings.
    thats like eating at chipotle 7 times and a water cup but u steal the lemonade.

or Qdoba. depends where ya live.

jcarpe23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

i can just eat food. so no protien shakes for meh. and anyways it never really feels like it does anything for me. like whether i took it or didnt. it feels like the results would be the same lol. i mean ON whey only has 24gs. i can drink 3 cups of whole milk with a apple bran muffin as a snack.

personaly i think taking protein shakes are for the really buff dudes. but until that point where your arms are the same circumference as your face. protein shakes are pointless. psh 24 gs... and if u want 50 u take it twice, now u get half the servings!!! yay. freaking myo. freaking 48 bucks for 70 servings. 35 if u take it twice.

until the day protein powder becomes 10lbs 300 servings. 60g each serving for 5 dollars. **** it.
    Check the whole milk and muffins. Not good for you, why would you eat a muffin? There is much better for you.

Strange, I couldn't see your whole post until I quoted it. Yea protein is definitely not pointless haha. If you are trying to gain weight the whole milk is a great idea, but a protein shake will get you the same amount of protein with fewer calories and is convenient if you are on the move alot like myself. You can find protein for pretty cheap too if you search around a bit.

Originally Posted by noSW3AT View Post
    I'm eating a can of tuna right now broski. And yea you should limit your tuna intake because of its mercury content. I eat two cans a week usually.

The rule is 1-2 g protein per pound of body weight, if you want to gain weight shoot for 1.5g-2g.

F*** the weight gainers. Go for quality carbs like brown rice, oats, and sweet potatoes. They are better for you nutritionally, you won't waste money on beefcake 3000, and they taste better.

Post workout I usually have oats or a granola bar and a shake immediately after lifting. Bring it with you to the gym.

For breakfast I slam back a protein shake with a cup of oats ground in a coffee grinder mixed in. I also have some eggs too.

Count your cals in microsoft excel for a few weeks man, it helps you figure out just what you need to eat to satisfy your nutritional needs each day.
    okay ill go to 200 g of protein and exceed when possible.

but if u only had time for 3 meals a day. but all 3 meals were buffet.

what would u eat? lets say the buffet has pretty much everything. my colledge dining hall really does have evertyihg. . . and i workout after lunch and before dinner.

what would u eat? i think i can hit 4,000 calories with 3 meals. 1,350 ish every time should be easy..

Strange, I couldn't see your whole post until I quoted it. Yea protein is definitely not pointless haha. If you are trying to gain weight the whole milk is a great idea, but a protein shake will get you the same amount of protein with fewer calories and is convenient if you are on the move alot like myself. You can find protein for pretty cheap too if you search around a bit.
    haha nooo man im trynna get to 4,000 i need all the calories i can get. whole milk baby. but its not even that much a difference between whole and skim. when i looked at the label they have the same amount of protein. literally like 40 calories diff between skim and whole. . .what is that? a animal cracker?

Originally Posted by jcarpe23 View Post
    Check the whole milk and muffins. Not good for you, why would you eat a muffin? There is much better for you.
    bro the muffins whole wheat and has apples!
    and whats wrong with whole milk???

okay ill go to 200 g of protein and exceed when possible.

but if u only had time for 3 meals a day. but all 3 meals were buffet.

what would u eat? lets say the buffet has pretty much everything. my colledge dining hall really does have evertyihg. . . and i workout after lunch and before dinner.

what would u eat? i think i can hit 4,000 calories with 3 meals. 1,350 ish every time should be easy..
    Yea u definitely can. If I was in your position I'd try to eat somewhat clean to get the calories, you want to be putting on muscle not fat. Trust me I've dirty bulked before and it sucks getting fat even if you are adding muscle at the same time. Aim for eggs, meat, milk, rice, potatoes, fresh veggies etc. Avoid gravy and foods covered in sauce and fried stuff. Try to fit in a snack sometime to divide it among four meals if you can. Man I miss that dorm food haha, having a buffet at every meal was great.

Aim for eggs, meat, milk, rice, potatoes, fresh veggies etc. Avoid gravy and foods covered in sauce and fried stuff. .
    there we go
    G moneyyy

my answer

ty

I'd say avoid the muffin but keep the whole milk, I'm sure the muffin has a ton of simple sugars in it. You can probably get by without a protein shake at this point but in the future if you are looking into cutting up a bit and trying to restrict your calories give it a thought. Its nice to be able to bring it with you to the gym in a shaker bottle too, it really does help.

I'd say avoid the muffin but keep the whole milk, I'm sure the muffin has a ton of simple sugars in it. You can probably get by without a protein shake at this point but in the future if you are looking into cutting up a bit and trying to restrict your calories give it a thought. Its nice to be able to bring it with you to the gym in a shaker bottle too, it really does help.
    alright thanks nosweat

dang i never knew a muffin was so bad? its just bad because of the simple sugar? but i thought sugar was calories? im probably not gonna get too fat anyways im doing SS a full body workout. and i walk everywhere on campus during college. so yea. . .

edit: well i know table sugar is something u should always avoid. u can get sugar from fruits and food. but i mean a muffin for a day? that bad???

Its up to you whether you want to do the muffin or not. Processed sugars really aren't a good thing to have in your diet. Since you are trying to pack on some size its fine I guess. When you are cutting weight it is def something you should avoid. Fruits are ok, but I limit those right now too because I'm on a calorie deficit.

jmcaldwell92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmcaldwell92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmcaldwell92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmcaldwell92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmcaldwell92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmcaldwell92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmcaldwell92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmcaldwell92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmcaldwell92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmcaldwell92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmcaldwell92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    nvm i take it back. its not that bad. actually. 50 bucks for 35 servings.
    thats like eating at chipotle 7 times and a water cup but u steal the lemonade.

or Qdoba. depends where ya live.
    mmmm Qdoba. Burittos the size of infant babies ha

jcarpe23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bro the muffins whole wheat and has apples!
    and whats wrong with whole milk???
    Whole milk is for babies...skim milk/non fat. Muffins? Are you serious? There are many better alternatives than muffins. I can list ten meals off the top of my head with similar calories and better nutritional value than muffins.
    Last edited by jcarpe23; 01-06-2011 at 12:36 AM.

Thygmn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thygmn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thygmn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thygmn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thygmn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thygmn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thygmn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thygmn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thygmn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thygmn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thygmn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The best protein source right before bed is cottage cheese. It tastes pretty ordinary just eating it on it's own, but it's a natural slow release protein which feeds your muscles all night.
    I don't know why everyone is going on about muffins - Yes your body won't process protein without carbs as well (The premise of the Atkins diet), but if you load up on carbs at night you are just likely to get fat, not muscle. Load up on weetbix in the morning to get your carb hit and give you energy for the gym, and have some rice at lunch. But for the rest of the day, stick to lean proteins.

seemoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) seemoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) seemoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) seemoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) seemoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) seemoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) seemoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) seemoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) seemoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) seemoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) seemoe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you dont need 300+ grams of protein per day to gain muscle. you just need extra calories. extra calories may result in extra protein consumption but the point is you dont need to shoot for 360. 1-1.5g per kg of bodyweight is sufficient.

tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000)

It really is not that complex

1 times Body weight for protein, this is all you need if you are bulking, get the rest from carbs and fats.

189 Grams of Protein is 756 calories

Use your brain dude, one 8oz of chicken contains 54 grams of protein, one can of tuna contain 40 grams of protein and 8oz burger is around 40. You now have 134 and this is not counting anything else, I really don't understand the concept of having to take weight gainers or all the whey shakes all day long.
    Fat Man Typing

Seehawer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seehawer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seehawer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seehawer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seehawer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seehawer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seehawer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seehawer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seehawer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seehawer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seehawer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    start munchin on like 3300cals

per day:
    227g protein (bodyweight x1.25) this seems to work for me but everybody is different obviously
    91g fat
    390g carbs

NOM NOM NOM. you can get brown rice form walmart for like $0.50/pound carb it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks everybody this helps a lot with diet.

i was always just bull ****ting my diet from things i alreayd read on the net or from friends and just ate according to that without knowing if it was true or not.