Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: From Y to X

hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000)

From Y to X

I seem to be spending a lot of time on the BB.com boards so I am going to start a journal here.

My current training focus is on maximizing hypertrophy of my thighs (both quads and hams). My secondary focuses are: running a treadmill mile under 8 minutes, building lower lat and lower-chest strength and thickness, and the neverending building of the glutes.

I tend to change up my routine very 4-6 weeks just because there are new things I want to try and to improve efficiency.

I am quite happy with my shoulder, upper back, upper chest, tri and bi development so I am not going to work on any major progression toward growth but train to maintain as I build up my bottom half.

I don't generally journal each and every movement I do but highlights and what I feel good about.

Last night's training was only OK. Tuesday I did a phenomenal job of hitting my lower lats and shoulder and I was pretty sore and not feeling super pumped.

I do RDL for my deadlift and am not particularly strong. I usually work at 90. Last night I did 2 x 10 at 80 and then 2 x 5 at 115.

My mile run was 8:47.

hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000)
    My goal for my thigh circumference is at least 23" at mid-thigh. They are currently at 20.5" so I have a lot of work ahead of me.

Today I was so looking forward to training and it went very well.
    I am doing a fair bit of newer stuff that I need to keep track of progression.

I usually do 3 x 10 or 12 for push ups to start off with with hands in normal position or in at my chest. Since I am concentrating on emphasizing mid chest I did them hands at chest spaced a little wider than shoulder width. Hard, hard, hard. Managed 4 x 4 and I really felt it where I wanted to.

Hanging knee raises toes to bar 3,4,5.

I would like to to these with my legs straight out but I lack the hamstring flexibility and leg strength. I did a bunch of hamstring stretching and working on bringing my straightened legs toward my chest while lying down.

I am terrible at squatting, it does not come naturally for me. I have made A LOT of progression on them the last year but it is my weakest movement. I have a really hard time sitting back since I don't have the strength yet for them.

This is the second time doing cable squats and having the weight come from ahead is great for me to get the idea of sitting back.

Cable squat 1 x 10 57.5. 1 x 8 62.5, 67.5, 72.5

Straight-armed seated cable row: 5 x 115, 5 x 130 (2), 5 x 115

For chinups I am not yet able to do them from a dead hang. I jump up to grab the handles and pull from there, only did three since I did the cable rows.

Quad killer (body weight quad exercise) 1 x 8 each leg.

Stack leg press (parallel stance): 15 x 100, 12 x 110, 10 x 120, 8 x 130

Seated leg curls toes pointed inward. 4 x 10 at 40 lbs. My inner hamstring muscles are so weak! It's laughable. I kept my fingers on the muscles I was targeting the whole time.

Didn't do any triceps focused work.

To end the session I did 10 minutes on the bike alternating one minute 15 tension at least 80 RPM with one minute at 8 tension. Total leg pump - which I never, ever get. This is the second time I have done bike work. My veins are close to my skin and I had a huge one popping out on my left quad when I was through.

I was bored at work today. If I sit up with my knees touching I can easily get my arm through the space all the way up to my shoulder. I do not want to able to do that!

The positive thing about noticing that I have no muscles on my inner thighs is that what I have been doing has built up the outer quads and hams enough that I CAN see the imbalance. I'm going with that.

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey hieronymous, sub'd on the muscle building journal! I've seen you around here and it looks like we have similar goals - big muscles, grrrahhh!! Keep up the great work, I'll be following along for awesome progress!
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Hey hobbes I am following your journal too. You are one strong woman and my delts want to look like yours when they grow up.

Today I did pushups, bridge pushups, bench dips, adductor machine, and chinup work.

Newer stuff:

DB RDL toes pointed inward - 4 x 8. I love how these feel.
    Goblet squats - 4 x 7 This was the first time doing these. Before I was doing sumo squats holding the dumbbell between my legs but I did not get the depth I need. These goblet squats are fantastic! Love and hate them since they are hard.

DB decline chest press - 1 x 12, 2 x 8. This was the first time doing these and I am glad I started with a lighter weight. I enjoyed them, they hit where I wanted them to. However, I will be super sore there tomorrow.

Progression:

Leg extension toes outward 4 x 10 at 100lbs and 1 x 10 toes normal 100lbs

I ran my mile in 8:49. Was happy I did 1 minute at 8.6 mph.

Worked on hamstring flexibility for a while. I can honestly say I used up all of my available energy on this session.

Some man complimented me on my 'nice long legs' on the walk home. Made me feel good since even though I think they are too skinny they are actually not that bad. Must keep things in perspective.

I was indeed quite sore today from the decline press and a little from the squats. Nothing like that freshly beaten feeling.

Today's session was awesomeness. My workout partner's monthly pass to the city gym ran out on Sunday and we want to go to one together in December, (I have my year round one at the Y but go to others as well) so we got a week's pass at one of the gyms in town that we haven't been to yet.

I liked it a lot. Private club, not a chain - and they serve alcohol. Didn't have any but I dig that.

I decided to see what I am actually capable of deadlifting.

110 x 10
    135 x 5
    185 x 2,2,1
    135 x 8

I was pretty surprised that I could do the 185. I am going to try twice more during this week and see if I can manage 200 safely.

I also did leg press, OH press, cuban press (seems a lot of other journalers do them so I wanted to try), some hanging leg raises, flat bench (halfheartedly), overhead rope tricep extensions.

They have a few TRX there so I did facepulls, some curls, and some travelling planks that almost killed me.

Oh, also straight-arm rows. Different apparatus than at the Y but weight was 75 x 10, 150 x 3 and 130 x 6.

They had some tires in a back room so I flipped it back and forth about 4 times. Christ, my forearms and fingers are going to be nasty sore tomorrow from that.

LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nice dead lift.
    Firmly believes that if god didn't want us to eat animals he would never have made them out of meat.

...I also take photo's check em out here http://www.********.com/#!/pages/Williams-Photography/101928733190374

Thanks LW79. I kept good form on the first four but my lower back definitely rounded on the last at 185.

So, the muscle soreness from doing the heavy deadlifts is so much different. It's more like under my muscles is sore - like connectors - I guess ligaments and tendons. My back feels so awesome though.

NatalieMinh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NatalieMinh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NatalieMinh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NatalieMinh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NatalieMinh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NatalieMinh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NatalieMinh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NatalieMinh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NatalieMinh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NatalieMinh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NatalieMinh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great work hun. keep it up. il be following your journal. i find inspiration in it. LOL
    Published Fitness Photographer Natalie Minh - Team POWERTEC
    Website: http://natalieminhphotography.com | Blog: http://nmlifestylemag.com

punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by hieronymous View Post
    I was indeed quite sore today from the decline press and a little from the squats. Nothing like that freshly beaten feeling.

Today's session was awesomeness. My workout partner's monthly pass to the city gym ran out on Sunday and we want to go to one together in December, (I have my year round one at the Y but go to others as well) so we got a week's pass at one of the gyms in town that we haven't been to yet.

I liked it a lot. Private club, not a chain - and they serve alcohol. Didn't have any but I dig that.

I decided to see what I am actually capable of deadlifting.

110 x 10
    135 x 5
    185 x 2,2,1
    135 x 8

I was pretty surprised that I could do the 185. I am going to try twice more during this week and see if I can manage 200 safely.

I also did leg press, OH press, cuban press (seems a lot of other journalers do them so I wanted to try), some hanging leg raises, flat bench (halfheartedly), overhead rope tricep extensions.

They have a few TRX there so I did facepulls, some curls, and some travelling planks that almost killed me.

Oh, also straight-arm rows. Different apparatus than at the Y but weight was 75 x 10, 150 x 3 and 130 x 6.

They had some tires in a back room so I flipped it back and forth about 4 times. Christ, my forearms and fingers are going to be nasty sore tomorrow from that.
    Awesome work on those deadlifts! Very nice! And thought I'd follow in on your journal
    Bodybuilding is not weight and repetitions; it’s resistance and absolute muscle failure. It’s not quantitative; it’s qualitative. It’s more mental than physical. It’s more control than rage. It’s the realization that you can always get bigger. ~ bodybuilding

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    x2 on the deadlifts, I bet you could get the 200. That gym sounds cool - alcohol, tire flipping room, sweet! Be careful though, alcohol + squats is all bad.
    Current PRs:

*Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    x2 on the deadlifts, I bet you could get the 200. That gym sounds cool - alcohol, tire flipping room, sweet! Be careful though, alcohol + squats is all bad.
    That reminds me of my brother. He was drunk AND stoned and he went to train legs!!! He had just suffered a knee injury from work and said he couldn't feel the pain anymore and like he could fly. Men!
    Bodybuilding is not weight and repetitions; it’s resistance and absolute muscle failure. It’s not quantitative; it’s qualitative. It’s more mental than physical. It’s more control than rage. It’s the realization that you can always get bigger. ~ bodybuilding

Ha ha! I've never gone to the gym drunk before. I've gone quite a few times hungover though, and that's not particularly fun.

So yesterday I had a procedure done at the hospital and decided that I still wanted to go train. It was definitely not the best session and I had to cut it short because of cramps.

I did goblet squats, RDL, decline DB chest press, pullovers, and about 12 single jump pull ups, 2 jump chin ups (1st time).

I also included side lateral raises and leg raises - I suck at both. It's hard to get excited when you just feel like a weakling, but I guess that's all the more reason to do these more often.

I spot Richard when we do bench press and was standing behind the bar and some guy asked Richard if he needed a spot. Richard kind of looked at him odd and told him I was spotting him. WTF? That really bothered me for some reason. I did 5 negatives with 95lb. I've never done bench press until about 4 weeks ago and I want to at least have the 25s on for reps as soon as possible.

I finished up with 5 negative dips on the dip bars. And two just 'ups' - positives I guess you would call them???

No running or biking due to cramping.
    Last edited by hieronymous; 11-19-2010 at 06:39 AM.

Registered User light_amplified's Avatar
    light_amplified has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) light_amplified has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) light_amplified has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) light_amplified has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) light_amplified has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) light_amplified has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) light_amplified has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) light_amplified has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) light_amplified has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) light_amplified has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) light_amplified has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ha ha! I've never gone to the gym drunk before. I've gone quite a few times hungover though, and that's not particularly fun.

So yesterday I had a procedure done at the hospital and decided that I still wanted to go train. It was definitely not the best session and I had to cut it short because of cramps.

I did goblet squats, RDL, decline DB chest press, pullovers, and about 12 single jump pull ups, 2 jump chin ups (1st time).

I also included side lateral raises and leg raises - I suck at both. It's hard to get excited when you just feel like a weakling, but I guess that's all the more reason to do these more often.

I spot Richard when we do bench press and was standing behind the bar and some guy asked Richard if he needed a spot. Richard kind of looked at him odd and told him I was spotting him. WTF? That really bothered me for some reason. I did 5 negatives with 95lb. I've never done bench press until about 4 weeks ago and I want to at least have the 25s on for reps as soon as possible.

I finished up with 5 negative dips on the dip bars. And two just 'ups' - positives I guess you would call them???

No running or biking due to cramping.
    Maybe its a guy thing... he was trying to protect your pride or something, which is more important than safety, I guess. Awesome deadlifts!!
    "Is it wrong to be strong?" - random guy's t-shirt

Hey light_amplified!

I went up North this weekend so didn't get any gym visits in.

Last night I went and started of with tire flips to warm up. Tested my dead lifting again and was able to work up to 1 x 195. The 200 didn't budge.

I did adductor machine, pushups, hanging knee raises toes to bar, cable cross over, seated leg curls and TRX leg curls, face pulls, traveling plank and hugs with the TRX as well.

Straight-armed rows - 5 x 105, 135, 165 and 2 x 180
    OH DB shoulder press - 3 x 5 w 25lb and 1 x 2 30 lb - I want to own the 30s.

It's crazy how quickly I lose strength on certain movements if I don't religously do them each and every time I train. Pushups for example and yesterday with the hanging knee raises I wasn't able to do as many.

Did 10 minutes of running intervals on the treadmill. They had an inversion table up in their cardio area so we tried that out. My workout buddy really liked it but I hated it. All the blood rushing to my head just made me feel like my head was going to explode.

We did have a beer after our session last night and watched the guys play squash. And then we went to our local and had a few more. Stupid Maggie. Am not feeling super great today. A few times a year I have these lapses where I forget that I am 32 and not 22 and that drinking on a work night is retarded.

Registered User light_amplified's Avatar
    light_amplified has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) light_amplified has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) light_amplified has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) light_amplified has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) light_amplified has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) light_amplified has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) light_amplified has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) light_amplified has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) light_amplified has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) light_amplified has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) light_amplified has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey light_amplified!

I went up North this weekend so didn't get any gym visits in.

Last night I went and started of with tire flips to warm up. Tested my dead lifting again and was able to work up to 1 x 195. The 200 didn't budge.

I did adductor machine, pushups, hanging knee raises toes to bar, cable cross over, seated leg curls and TRX leg curls, face pulls, traveling plank and hugs with the TRX as well.

Straight-armed rows - 5 x 105, 135, 165 and 2 x 180
    OH DB shoulder press - 3 x 5 w 25lb and 1 x 2 30 lb - I want to own the 30s.

It's crazy how quickly I lose strength on certain movements if I don't religously do them each and every time I train. Pushups for example and yesterday with the hanging knee raises I wasn't able to do as many.

Did 10 minutes of running intervals on the treadmill. They had an inversion table up in their cardio area so we tried that out. My workout buddy really liked it but I hated it. All the blood rushing to my head just made me feel like my head was going to explode.

We did have a beer after our session last night and watched the guys play squash. And then we went to our local and had a few more. Stupid Maggie. Am not feeling super great today. A few times a year I have these lapses where I forget that I am 32 and not 22 and that drinking on a work night is retarded.
    I see you are super tall like me, so you are most likely a hardgainer. So among other things, I noticed I burn calories much faster than the shorter women and de-condition so much faster. My partner, whose 5'2" can stop doing pull-ups for two weeks and be able to do the same amount of pullups as before she stopeed. I tried that and I went from doing 8 pullups to zero. If you can't get to the gym some days, you can do bw exercises at home so your muscles don't get lazy and forget everything. Lol to drinking on a worknight. I'm 21 and I think maybe I'm too old for that too.
    "Is it wrong to be strong?" - random guy's t-shirt

That's interesting that you get deconditioned quickly too. I never thought that it might have something to do with height. I might do some research into that.

I don't know if I am a hardgainer per se, but I definitely have a lot more bone length to cover with muscle than the shorter ladies so I know it's gonna take a long time.

Oh wow, you guys are tall! Wo-manlet here at 5'6" reporting in , and yes, jealous you guys are half a foot taller, lol.
    Current PRs:

You can have 3" of my height if you would like! I wish I were a bit shorter.

Today's session was 7.5/10. My back was still a bit sore from Monday.

Leg extensions 110 x 10 (2) and 120 x 10 (2) with toes out, 1/4s at 140 2 x 6 toes parallel
    Close stance leg press 130 x 10, 150 x 10, 170 x 8, 190 x 8, 210 x 8 (I need to start these at a higher weight because this is a bit too much volume I think to be useful.)

Decline BP- Had my workout partner hand me fixed BBs- 45 x 10 (plate), 50 x 10, 60 x 10, 70 x 8, 80 x 5 and 90 x 1. Again, I think I can safely start at 60 to lower volume.

Awesome fun doing monster walks and side steps with the dynaband.

Bench dips, DB triceps extension, neutral grips pullups, and I did some external rotation things, gator walks.

Bikes were busy so did one interval of incline run on the treadmill then jumped off as soon as a bike was free. Did 5 minutes of 30s slow and 30s at least 90 RPM at 15 resistance. Had planned on doing it for 7 minutes but was dead after 5 minutes.

Nice work! Bet you'll feel that today.

PowerChica is on a distinguished road. (+10) PowerChica is on a distinguished road. (+10) PowerChica is on a distinguished road. (+10) PowerChica is on a distinguished road. (+10) PowerChica is on a distinguished road. (+10) PowerChica is on a distinguished road. (+10) PowerChica is on a distinguished road. (+10) PowerChica is on a distinguished road. (+10) PowerChica is on a distinguished road. (+10) PowerChica is on a distinguished road. (+10) PowerChica is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    sounds like your workouts rea going well! way to go! keep it up

Hey PowerChica!

Originally Posted by punxnotdead309 View Post
    Nice work! Bet you'll feel that today.
    Unfortunately or fortunately, not so much. My abductors and arms were a bit sore.

Today I didn't have a lot of pep.

Push ups - bridge push ups - hamstring stretching -adductor machine.
    DB RDL - Goblet Squats - Rear delt cable work - over/unders (so functional! I do these all the time in everyday life to get under the ropes and cables and metal bars that they have in line-ups.)

Cable squats 8 x 67.5, 72.5, 77.5, 82.5

My butt is already sore from these. Love, love.

Decline DB chest press w 25s - 8,6,8

My chest was not sore at all from the BB decline press but my arms were so that's no good. I did the DB chest press today and felt them where I should. I bring the weight further down than my rib cage and that's what makes me feel it. I was by myself today and am sure I can get the 30s up when I get there but will need Rich to pass them to me when I get higher I think.

That's all I felt like doing.

I went all last week with no PB cuz I didn't get into the health food store since I didn't work out at the Y. Stopped there on my way home and now am gonna have some PB pudding with cut up apricots. Yummmm!!!

Today's session was long and drawn out since I was with my workout partner and he had a LOT that he wanted to do.

I did pullup work, overhand inverted rows, pushups, hanging knee raises, parallel dips with those yellow bars, RDL 4 x 5 @ 120 lb, lying leg curls, tiptoe walks.

Tried oblique pulldowns on the lat machine. Wow, they are great. I obviously have no muscle where it targets. Did 4 x 8 at 30lb, also felt it in my triceps. This is a keep.

10 star jumps - 20 mountain climbers - 10 roll to stand up (3 times)

At this point I was done. Asked him what he had left to do and I still had lots of time to kill. So I did seated leg curls - then I did some hamstring work on the cable machine. Then he asked me how the hyperextension machine worked - showed him that and how to do reverse hypers. Still had time to kill so I did hyperextensions minimal ROM and really finished of my hammies. They are already very sore. I would never have done so many hamstring isolation exercises if I had been alone so maybe it is a good thing we were there for two hours.

Oh, and then spent 10 minutes leisurely biking and reading a magazine, while I was still waiting. I am so used to going by myself I am still not used to the whole - oh, yeah, I have to think about what you want - aspect of having a training partner.

We went for a coffee afterward and he locked his keys in the car. Luckily, it isn't too cold today and we were just downtown so it was only about a 10-minute walk to get back home to get his spare.
    Last edited by hieronymous; 11-28-2010 at 04:16 PM.

Wow, that is a busy workout! That's cool you have a training partner, always good to have that on-call spotter. Lol at the car keys, I do that about every 4yrs or so, but somehow when I do it the vehicle is always running.

Keep up the good work!
    Current PRs:

Today's training was awesome!

Pushups - only 1 set of 10.

Unilateral plate leg press 135lb/leg - 4 x 10 per side

DB flat chest press - 25s 1 x 10, 30s 1 x 10, 2 x 7

DB Pullover - 30 3 x 6

DB shoulder press- 25s 1 x 8

Leg extension - 100 lb 2 x 12, 2 x 10, 60 lb 1 x 20

10 minutes on the bike - 30 seconds 15 tension over 90 RPM, 1 minute slow

The chest press made me feel so good!

I wish there was a spray that would fix your colouring in place - like hairspray. I love how my face looks after a workout, it's like I have perfectly applied make-up on.

Tonight was the first night of our month at Goodlife. I want to get this down before I forgot.

Hack squat machine - No weight - 1 x 8 per leg - toe touching floor
    4 x 5 Butt to platform

OK, I have to admit something. I only just realized that my upper glutes are actually not my lower back. My lower glutes and hams have grown but the top has stayed flat and I have been just assuming that I have a 1950s butt and too bad for me. But now that I realize that those are a different set of muscles I am going to grow them. Ay ay. However, there is little to no muscle there right now so I have to start small. My femurs are very long and with no muscle in the upper glute area I lose balance really easily. Once I build them up a bit the balance should improve.

So, in addition to the hack squat I did 4 x 10 partials squats - from the ground to parallel - and used the TRX to balance me. Holy moly, I had to concentrate so hard to keep using the right muscles. I hit them though because I can feel them now.

Pec deck
    8 at 60 lbs
    6 at 75 lbs
    4 at 90 lbs
    8 at 60 lbs

Standing cable row
    8 at 120 lbs
    8 at 140 lbs
    6 at 160 lbs

T-bar row
    25 lb plate - 1 x 10
    45 lb plate - 1 x 6,5

Lateral raise machine - l love this. Some pull ups.

Then we 'raced' across the floor dragging ourselves forward with our forearms only. This was a lot of fun and very tiring but a little bit stupid. I have rug burn now under my elbows!

Rich helped me with form to do a jackknife with the TRX. I managed 3 only. Will keep this up while we are going to this gym. Also did some random abductor stuff with the TRX.

Raced again doing gator walks.

Last night I did 50 push ups over the course of the evening and a whole bunch of front kicks to try to stretch out my legs.
    Love others well, but love thyself the most

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey just stopping by! Good job on the deads, btw!

I see you are looking to grow legs, I would get serious about the squatz! I used to have a hell of a hard time with them too, it takes practice, practice, and more practice. While you are working your way to some decent working sets, try walking lunges (weighted if possible), step ups (same as lunges, with DBs if you can), things like that. Compound weighted exercises. All this isolation work is not hitting some big portions of your booty and legs!

Just something to think about maybe. Have a great weekend
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

For sure Rowyn! I'm serious about getting the look I want. That's why I am working on the squats so much, but I truly don't have the strength to do heavy squats properly right now. Hence, the lower partials and hack squats. It will come.

The isolation work is really working for me - it's giving me more size for now and making me feel good about my progress - once I work my way up in strength to do the heavier squats then they will get even bigger! I am taking progress pictures at the end of December and I am excited because my legs look so much better now.
    Love others well, but love thyself the most

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    For sure Rowyn! I'm serious about getting the look I want. That's why I am working on the squats so much, but I truly don't have the strength to do heavy squats properly right now. Hence, the lower partials and hack squats. It will come.

The isolation work is really working for me - it's giving me more size for now and making me feel good about my progress - once I work my way up in strength to do the heavier squats then they will get even bigger! I am taking progress pictures at the end of December and I am excited because my legs look so much better now.
    It doesn't seem to be your strength keeping you from squatting, its form issues? Try front squats or zercher squats. They put the weight in a totally different area and force you down into "the hole". Also pause squats in which you pause while at the bottom of the motion for a few seconds, but don't lose the tension in your lower back/abs. Box squats, in which you put a medicine ball or low bench behins you and "perch" your butt for a sec at the bottom of the movement, are also a good training squat.
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

pumpitup97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pumpitup97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pumpitup97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pumpitup97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pumpitup97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pumpitup97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pumpitup97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pumpitup97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pumpitup97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    That's why I am working on the squats so much, but I truly don't have the strength to do heavy squats properly right now. Hence, the lower partials and hack squats. It will come.
    With time, patience, and dedication, you'll get there! Don't give up!