Surgeon By 2012 or Bust! -Aaron-'s Avatar
    -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Ideal weight for a 6'4" male?

So many different sits out there say to many different things. I rather hear from actual cutters anyway.

So, what is the ideal weight to be at to start bulking, for someone who is 6'4"?
    "The world will look up and shout save us... And I'll whisper, no."

Leonidas300, SCDiesel23, Jkeith are my heroes.

cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I would say it depends on your build, it also depends on your composition, I weigh about the same as you now, and my sternum pokes out, So I would if your taller you would be even skinnier, maybe its time now?, maybe show a pic it might get a more knowledgeable reponse ?
    always rep back

-Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by cornwallus View Post
    I would say it depends on your build, it also depends on your composition, I weigh about the same as you now, and my sternum pokes out, So I would if your taller you would be even skinnier, maybe its time now?, maybe show a pic it might get a more knowledgeable reponse ?
    Problem is, I think I have loose skin but it pinches larger than an inch. I'm just having trouble determining if it's fat or skin.

bigbaldpapa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigbaldpapa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigbaldpapa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigbaldpapa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigbaldpapa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigbaldpapa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigbaldpapa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigbaldpapa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My appologies for stepping in as i don't have an answer for you... Just wanted to give you props on your dropping the 100 pounds.

Originally Posted by bigbaldpapa View Post
    My appologies for stepping in as i don't have an answer for you... Just wanted to give you props on your dropping the 100 pounds.
    Thanks a lot bro.

cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by -Aaron- View Post
    Problem is, I think I have loose skin but it pinches larger than an inch. I'm just having trouble determining if it's fat or skin.
    ahh yes, ok champ what I do to determine what is an isnt, lean towards a desk , gravity will definatley show whats skin more than fat, in me I have two channels going down my gut, and as said above, well come on 100lb loss

come to australia for a free treatment of the skin
    always rep back

blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you can pinch a full inch, I think it's not [just] a loose skin issue...you've still got fat to lose. Compare, for example, the thickness of your skin on the back of your hand. The difference between those two measurements is the amount of fat left.

And not that it means much...but I'm 6'3" and at 10% body fat, I'll probably be around 180-185lb. But I'm pretty small in muscle stature by BB standards (though probably at least average by 'normal' standards).

But yeah man, congrats on your losses! That's so awesome!

Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So many different sits out there say to many different things. I rather hear from actual cutters anyway.

So, what is the ideal weight to be at to start bulking, for someone who is 6'4"?
    I don't think there is such a thing as an ideal weight. If you look at those insurance charts that say what you should weigh, I would need to cut to like 5%bf and would have to lose about 25lbs of LBM just to get there. We all have different makeups and LBM, so there is no such ideal....only generalities to fit the majority. That being said, most people here tend to say 10%bf and then bulk. That is probably what I will do, but have about 7 or 8% left to go. The real answer is, whenever you want. If you are sick of cutting, do a clean bulk for a while and then you won't have to cut very hard when you are done.

Have a good one.
    My Will Is Hot Molten Lava

pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    as someone said, it depends entirely on build. if you have a thin build like i do, i still look thin but ive got a decent amount of muscle. for my frame with my small joints, its a lot of muscle. if youre built with a thicker frame, your ideal weight will be different. that being said, someone with a thicker frame at 220lbs will look much more normal than someone like me at 220. just so you know, im at 195lbs at 12.5% in my avatar.

damnglass will become famous soon enough. (+50) damnglass will become famous soon enough. (+50) damnglass will become famous soon enough. (+50) damnglass will become famous soon enough. (+50) damnglass will become famous soon enough. (+50) damnglass will become famous soon enough. (+50) damnglass will become famous soon enough. (+50) damnglass will become famous soon enough. (+50) damnglass will become famous soon enough. (+50) damnglass will become famous soon enough. (+50) damnglass will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if your over 6 foot i would not reccomend being below 180 ever,i hope your 200 pounds,thats a good weight,like people said 10 percent or so is a safe bet.

Hardgainer AND Hardloser FrostFox's Avatar
    FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Lava is right on the money. There is no ideal weight to start bulking... you need an ideal fat % instead. Cut down to between 8% and 10% to start, then clean bulk to 15%, then cut down to 10% again, etc. rince and repeat. Get your body fat tested with calipers, preferrably by someone who knows what they're doing. Don't bulk past 15% otherwise you will start putting on an unreasonable amount of fat for every pound of lean muscle tissue added.
    FrostFox's "Girls run from me because I'm fat" Fat Loss/Strength Gain log ^_^
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3920883
    I'm Back in Business Baby!

Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.
    -Sir Winston Churchill

wesoly19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

dont agree

Originally Posted by FrostFox View Post
    Lava is right on the money. There is no ideal weight to start bulking... you need an ideal fat % instead. Cut down to between 8% and 10% to start, then clean bulk to 15%, then cut down to 10% again, etc. rince and repeat. Get your body fat tested with calipers, preferrably by someone who knows what they're doing. Don't bulk past 15% otherwise you will start putting on an unreasonable amount of fat for every pound of lean muscle tissue added.
    Fist of all it depends on your body build. I am 6"5 and i am 240LBs my index is 14% i exercise evey day, cardio and workout. If i look at the main stream statistics i should weight up to 210lbs. thats bull**** if i weight that much i would be a matchstick. Everyone is different, one person has less bone density the other has more, one person with the same hight has 5 inches in their wrist the other ( like me) has 8 inches. Healthy weight is what you feel like, if you feel good about yourself and you can tie your shoes whitout getting out of breath you are good!!! dont listen to this mainsteam bull****. I am 6"5 weight at 240 work out everyday, feel great I can do 20 miles on a bike no problem, when i go on thses websites they tell me my index is 32 hahah whatever. everyone is buld different!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wesoly19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thats why nower days you see matchstick girls not real woman cuz of the ****ing media, they pay so much attencion to what they should look like by model catalogs and not what they want. come one guys who wants to do a ****ing sceleton from behind, so you could get bruised up.

mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikecrocop is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    yeah that depends alot on body density and muscle estructure, im right at 6'ft and a bit over 200lbs and look somewhat average with my clothes on
    Get a crew cut. Everybody knows a short haircut makes you look bigger. Really though, I suggest going all the way and shaving it off. Grow a goatee too. This will suffice during your hypertrophy-phasse till there's an 8 pack of hotdogs on the back of your neck.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------