top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Walking as fasted cardio

I want to start doing 45min fasted cardio (power walking) in the morning 5 x per week. Anyway, I recently have been in a cardio loving phase and doing it everyday for 1 - 2 hours of pretty intense work but never fasted. (lots of running on the concrete, which has left me feeling like I should be in a wheelchair) I never used to do it fasted cos it used to make me dizzy and sick but that was when I was pushing myself pretty hard.

I was wondering do u think the walking in the morning will cause me to have the same intense food cravings throughout the day as the running and other moderate - high intensity cardio did? That is my biggest concern. I pretty much just want to give my body a break cos its feeling pretty damaged. I also plan on lifting heavy 5 times a week too - lifting actually makes me feel like I can control my diet better.

I sit on my butt ALL DAY in class which I absolutely hate! I found a solution to my problem to do weights early in the day and cardio after 6 at night. But I with school that means I have to wake up SO EARLY to do it and I can never give anywhere near full intensity as I am not a morning person at all!

And I don't want to be doing HIIT at the moment at all.... my body is falling to pieces it needs a break
    I have complete control over my body. What I eat and what I do reflect that. Nobody can stop my progress. I will continue my progress until my goals are met. Then from there I will need to achieve new goals to keep the forward progression of my mind, body, and soul. I motivate myself every day to work out, eat healthy, and live my life to the fullest.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There are so many physiological and psychological ways that training can impact appetite as sometimes exercise decreases hunger while sometimes it increases it.

While the timing and nutritional factors play a role as well, high intensity exercise tends to suppress hunger more than low intensity exercise in part due to the hormonal response to exercise.

So I would suspect that doing fasted cardio will cause a craving as well.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

churn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) churn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) churn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) churn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) churn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) churn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    There are so many physiological and psychological ways that training can impact appetite as sometimes exercise decreases hunger while sometimes it increases it.

While the timing and nutritional factors play a role as well, high intensity exercise tends to suppress hunger more than low intensity exercise in part due to the hormonal response to exercise.

x2

I do high intensity runs before breakfast sometimes and I feel the opposite of hunger until 30 min after

the thing that gets me the MOST hungry EVER is swimming
    Weight - 183
    Height - 5'9"
    BF: cutting from 11 to 7

1RM:
    Bench - 315
    Squat - 400

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by top_5_percent View Post
    I was wondering do u think the walking in the morning will cause me to have the same intense food cravings throughout the day as the running and other moderate - high intensity cardio did?
    No, because walking won't f-ck your blood sugar levels like running will.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---

rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by in10city View Post

I find this to be the case as well with fasted power walking. I am RAVENOUS when I conclude the outing.

myofibrillar hypertrophy Wild_Weasel's Avatar
    Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey top5, haven't seen a post from you in a while.

Definitely take a break on the intense cardio. I wish I had your dedication to cardio though. I stick with the low intensity stuff right now while I'm on keto, I think it has been better for me too because I'm a heavy guy and running never agrees with me too well.

I would say don't do your cardio fasted, get something in you like fruit or a whey shake or something. That way your body will have something to take nutrients from and may suppress those intense cravings for food after. Just a suggestion.
    YGBSM
    "In a world full of compromise, some men DON'T." - H&K slogan

"There aint no easy way, no there aint no easy way out." - BRMC

My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112745771

RobOH is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobOH is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobOH is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobOH is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobOH is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobOH is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobOH is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobOH is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobOH is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobOH is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobOH is on a distinguished road. (+10)

what works for me

I have been walking before breakfast each morning and find that just as long as I drink a lot of water before hand and eat something immediately after, I'm ok. If your knees/legs bother you, try walking on the grass next to the walking path/road if you are outside.