steven01uk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steven01uk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steven01uk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steven01uk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steven01uk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steven01uk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steven01uk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steven01uk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steven01uk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steven01uk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steven01uk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

5 reasons you should take fish oil tablets

ive jus found this on another forum, i havnt tried them yet but by reading this i think i mite give them ago. if any1 has tried them are any brands better than others?

Cool Benefit #1 – Fat Loss

Might as well start with the lookin'-good-nekid stuff! Long story short: fish oils (a prime source of the omega-3s known as DHA and EPA) and some other fatty acids can improve body composition!

Through several mechanisms of action, FFA can help you reduce excess body fat, particularly in the abdominal region. Heck yeah!

FFA are not only good for fat loss phases, they may even help you during a mass phase by reducing fat accumulation via the "deactivation" of some fat-forming enzymes. CLA, another fatty acid, has also been shown to prevent body fat accumulation (if you use enough of the correct isomers, which unfortunately didn't happen with early CLA supplements).

One study done by the Nutritional Physiology Research Group in Australia showed that omega-3 enriched fish oil combined with exercise provides significantly greater fat loss benefits than exercise or fish oil alone. And this study was performed on real live fat people, not chubby rats.

Basically, the omega-3 fatty acids switched on the oxidizing or fat burning enzymes. But here's the catch: they needed a driver – exercise. Combine fish oil supplementation with training and you get more fat loss than training alone. And where did most of this fat loss come from in the studies? The abdominal region! This is about as close as you can get to non-surgical spot reduction.

Next, omega-3s can increase insulin sensitivity, which leads to less fat storage and more fat release. Omega-3s also increase the heat of your cellular "furnaces," making these little organelles burn up more energy. Not only that, omega-3s allow the body to burn fat at times when fat burning is normally inhibited, like after a carby meal.

Okay, excited yet? Personally, my nipples are hard.

Here's another: Inflammation, besides potentially killing your sorry ass, can also screw up how your body handles carbs. Since fatty acids can reduce inflammation, you may be able to achieve a lean state easier through this mechanism. Omega-3s may also decrease hunger and boost your metabolic rate because they increase the amount of leptin produced by your body.

I'd use FFA daily just for the above benefits, but we're just gettin' started!

Cool Benefit #2 – Muscle Gain

In human studies of CLA, participants gained some muscle along with losing some fat. Researchers theorize that some type of "nutrient partitioning" effect occurred. In other words, calories that might originally be stored as fat were being partitioned into muscle with the help of CLA. Pretty cool.

Other possible muscle gain related effects of fatty acids are what might be called "roundabout benefits." For example, if you're getting too much omega-6 and not enough omega-3 (read 99% of the Western world), then this can be very pro-inflammatory. For the weight trainer and athlete, that could mean more instances of tendonitis and bursitis, longer bouts of muscle soreness, and further aggravation to existing injuries, all of which make it a little difficult to train hard, huh?

Fatty acids should help lengthen athletic career longevity, enhance recovery, and even help improve blood flow. At the very least, most people who supplement with functional fatty acids report that their joints start feeling a whole lot better, which is one of the benefits offered my some steroids.

Put all that together and you create an environment supportive of hard training and subsequent muscle gain!

Cool Benefit #3 - Overall health and Longevity

It's funny, but tell someone that the latest Miracle Muscle Magic Fuel 6000 might help him build muscle a little faster and he'll be all over it like a fat kid on pie. Tell him that another supplement has been shown over and over again to have benefits that will lead to a longer, healthier life... and he'll yawn. Yawn like he's watching the Winter Olympics.

I understand. Back in my 20's I was nine feet tall and bulletproof. Now that I'm in my 30's I realize that I'm merely seven feet tall and mildly flame retardant. So I'm starting to pay attention to this health stuff. You should too.

Again, I don't know where to begin. The health benefits of functional fatty acids are abundant, overwhelming even. So let's start with the big stuff: heart disease and cancer. These population thinners, in one form or another, wipe out about 50% of us. Take those odds to Vegas.

One of the biggest causes of the number one killer – diseases of the heart – is inflammation. Yep, that same ol' bugaboo that can screw up your training and recovery. Get a whole bunch of omega-3s in your diet and what can you reduce and control? You guessed it – inflammation.

Omega-3 fatty acids make the blood less likely to form clots that cause heart attacks. They can also protect against irregular heartbeats that cause sudden cardiac death. Omega-3s can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease through these mechanisms too: decreased triglyceride levels, decreased growth of atherosclerotic plaque, improved arterial health, and lower blood pressure.

What about the Grim Reaper's other favorite henchman, cancer? Well, omega-3s might be able to zap existing cancer cells by starving them of linoleic acid. They can also upregulate the genetic material necessary for the destruction of cancer cells andblock adhesion of cancer cells to other healthy cells.

CLA may also be important here. In animal studies, CLA seemed to literally erase certain types of tumors. In human studies, subjects using CLA showed a marked decrease in triglyceride levels and a significant drop in fasting blood sugar levels. CLA may also bind to receptors the same way as some anti-diabetes drugs. It's even been shown to reduce arterial plaques by 30 percent.

I could go on, but I'm sure this "silly" stuff about a trivial topic like life extension is boring you, so let's move on.

Cool Benefit #4 – Mental Health & Brain Health

Attention span waning? Maybe you need to take some fish oil for that! Let's go straight to the bullet points:

• Some recent research has shown that taking a daily fatty acid supplement may boost the effectiveness (or even replace) antidepressants in some people. Depressed people who added omega-3s to their treatment showed less anxiety, fewer sleeping problems, less overall sadness, and fewer sexual problems.

• Even for non-depressed people, FFA may offer mood elevating properties.

• Other research has shown that a daily dose of FFA can dramatically improve the behavior of unruly children and help develop their concentration and language skills.

• FFA have been shown to reduce tension and stress in adults.

• The "mood stabilizing" effects have such potential that omega-3s have been used in the treatment of bipolar disorder.

• After seeing some hopeful results, researchers are now studying how FFA can be used in the treatment of postpartum depression and in the recovery process of meth addicts.

• FFA may help improve memory.

• FFA may also help in the treatment of Alzheimer's, ADHD, and autism.

• Researchers in Scotland have found that people who take FFA score 13% higher on IQ tests. Just think, members of Congress might even hit the triple digits if they took fish oil!

Cool Benefit #5 – Miscellaneous Grab Bag O' Goodness

• Since asthma, like heart disease, is also a disease characterized by inflammation, functional fatty acids could help.

• FFA help improve digestion and elimination.

• FFA may help increase sex drive.

• FFA can help in the treatment of dysmenorrhea (menstrual pain).

• Omega-3s in fish oil protect the eye from two serious eye diseases: age-related macular degeneration and dry-eye syndrome.

• FFA have been shown to prevent heart damage caused by smog.

• FFA may help boost the immune system.

• FFA supplements were found to protect the skin from harmful UV rays and reduce sunburn.

• FFA have been shown to do the dishes without complaining, save you a bunch of money on your car insurance, and swallow.

• Yeah, I made that last one up. Duh.

• The anti-inflammatory effects of FFA may provide some relief for asthmatics who suffer from exercise-induced bronchoconstriction (EIB).

• One study showed that a daily supplement of FFA makes arthritis medicine unnecessary for many patients.

I could go on and on in this category, but I think you get the idea: this is powerful stuff and the potential benefits are enormous.

blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    "Product Reviews - Help Out! "

JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000)
    Cool info man.

Originally Posted by blinky99 View Post
    "Product Reviews - Help Out! "
    U Mad?
    go pack go

blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blinky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    nah
    u informed?

JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000) JakeDub is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by blinky99 View Post
    nah
    u informed?
    Ya, joo?
    go pack go

Danny Nasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danny Nasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danny Nasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danny Nasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danny Nasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danny Nasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danny Nasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danny Nasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danny Nasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danny Nasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danny Nasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

hmm

Any links to any of these studies?

I see allot of this on the web, Institute for Representing Some Pharma/Supliment Companies Interests is cited as having published a study where suppliment X does something wonderful. Unless I see the actual study in front of me, then in all honesty I assume its all BS.

Some of these studies are so poorly designed I cant believe it. One fish oil one that comes to mind is where a group (the actual sample size is never given, could be 1 could be 100) lost more weight on the fish oil/exercise routine. Great. Except that everyone was self reporting the calories they consumed during the study. Anyone who has tried to track their own calories for cutting knows how inaccurate, time consuming and a pain in the ass this is. Could it be that the fishoil/exercise group simply over estimated their calorie intake and the fat lose was simply due to a calorific decrease?

For the record I take fish oil but I dont really see the point in posts that just pass on uninformed information from another uninformed website.

End rant.

D

SurfDan5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SurfDan5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SurfDan5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SurfDan5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SurfDan5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SurfDan5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SurfDan5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SurfDan5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SurfDan5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SurfDan5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SurfDan5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    great information, thank you
    █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
    ****Rep Me And I'll Rep You Back****
    █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

Current Goal: Bulk
    [X]165lbs 1/29/11
    [X]170lbs 2/3/11
    [X]175lbs 2/6/11
    []180lbs
    []185lbs

Current Sups:
    ON 100% Why Gold Standard
    ON 100% Casein
    ON Creatine 2500
    AI Swole Stack
    Controlled Labs Orange Triad
    Xtend

BAMF_T has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BAMF_T has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BAMF_T has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BAMF_T has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BAMF_T has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BAMF_T has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BAMF_T has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BAMF_T has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BAMF_T has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BAMF_T has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BAMF_T has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    great info..strong first post.
    *BMBC*

-It's not how much you lift, it's how much you look like you can lift!-

RU

mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is one reason why I stay away from X Factor.
    Current Stack: ON HydroWhey, ON Creatine Mono, ON Amino Chews

> 99% of supplements are a scam.

Originally Posted by BAMF_T View Post
    great info..strong first post.
    Exactly what I was thinking, pretty refreshing to have someone come on here and actually provide something useful with their first post, instead of "wat kin i stack wit my protinz?" That's why it irritated me that he's immediately hit with "Product Reviews - Help Out!" who cares? It's still the supp section.

Originally Posted by Danny Nasty View Post
    Any links to any of these studies?

I see allot of this on the web, Institute for Representing Some Pharma/Supliment Companies Interests is cited as having published a study where suppliment X does something wonderful. Unless I see the actual study in front of me, then in all honesty I assume its all BS.

Some of these studies are so poorly designed I cant believe it. One fish oil one that comes to mind is where a group (the actual sample size is never given, could be 1 could be 100) lost more weight on the fish oil/exercise routine. Great. Except that everyone was self reporting the calories they consumed during the study. Anyone who has tried to track their own calories for cutting knows how inaccurate, time consuming and a pain in the ass this is. Could it be that the fishoil/exercise group simply over estimated their calorie intake and the fat lose was simply due to a calorific decrease?

For the record I take fish oil but I dont really see the point in posts that just pass on uninformed information from another uninformed website.

End rant.

D
    It's not like it's a study on Hydroxycut or anything, we're talking about Fish Oil, a pretty common staple among people's supps. It's been well studied and benefits like fat oxidation aren't ridiculous claims or anything.
    go pack go

MikeDre is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeDre is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeDre is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeDre is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeDre is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeDre is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeDre is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeDre is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeDre is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeDre is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeDre is a name known to all. (+5000)
    *Reaches for his Fish Oils*

4dojo is not very well liked. (-100) 4dojo is not very well liked. (-100) 4dojo is not very well liked. (-100) 4dojo is not very well liked. (-100) 4dojo is not very well liked. (-100) 4dojo is not very well liked. (-100) 4dojo is not very well liked. (-100) 4dojo is not very well liked. (-100) 4dojo is not very well liked. (-100) 4dojo is not very well liked. (-100) 4dojo is not very well liked. (-100)
    there are the raw facts beside the labs. For example hey man. For example, animal fats have more DHA and EHP omega 3s than plant fats. DHA is the most important omega 3 for brain functions
    Give 100% in everything, but never let anything become everything (The Lord is my strength).

Gavin77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gavin77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gavin77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gavin77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gavin77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gavin77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gavin77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gavin77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gavin77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gavin77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gavin77 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think it's a great first post. I used up to 20 fish oil tabs when I got into my best shape ever. 20 was probably a little to much, but it worked well for me
    Get Huge Community http://www.gethuge.com.au

badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Great job, I have bottles of them !
    North Side Tac Jump Out Boys *1
    No, you cant call yo moma !

mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It's important to note that you want fish oil tablets that are high in EPA/DHA, not just high dosings of fish oil. Taking a 1200mg fish oil tablet won't do you much good if it only has 200mg of omega 3s.
    May 2004 - 225 lbs.
    May 2010 - 145 lbs.

Live and breathe Mizzou and St. Louis sports!

Completed logs/reviews on: Controlled Labs White Pump, White Flood Reborn, PROnom23, White Flood, & Sample Pack, MuscleTech Phase 8, Anabolic Halo, Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite & Amino Build, Gaspari Nutrition GlycoFuse & AminoLast, Scivation Xtend & Novem

Registered Genius GimmeTheJooce's Avatar
    GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500)
    Fish oil is great for you, I use the supps every now and then but I really rely on my diet. In my opinion it's better just to incorporate a lot of seafood into your diet. Tuna is a good start, salmon and other pink fish are high in omegas but also high in mercury unfortunately so it is a good idea to eat that sparingly. Once a week or so.

It is silly to talk about tests and studies since we already know about the benefits of eating fish in an already healthy diet. Remember that this is a SUPPLEMENT, it is not a meal replacement.

If you hate fish, I suppose relying on the capsules is fine but never an ideal way to go. It's time to whip out the flaxseed oil!