Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by sumptionc View Post
    Man I feel for you bro! Injuries suck. Just try not and get to anxious take it nice and slow, so you get a full recovery. Just think of it this way...by the time you recovered you should have legs like Tom Platz
    thanks, yeah im very careful not to move my elbow from my side. im not to concerned about my upperbody as long as i can train legs. I'll be doing it the smart way and go high reps for a long, long time.

Originally Posted by aguy0523 View Post
    man....crazy seeing all these pec tears pop up. when i tore mine i couldnt find anybody that went thru it..lol.

I got a dent in my chest now from it all. U can feel it. Its really disturbing. Visually my pec is a bit diff looking from the otherside. Theres no sweep. It just kinda comes straight up with a slight wave. I HATE IT!!

My tendonosis still bugs me to this day. I try to bench again and after 2-3 weeks in the gym my pec lights up again on fire from the inflammation. I cant stand it.

I was in the sling for 2 months straight. Never took it off. That sucked. Slept and showered in it. Except the first 10 days too. I had to take a sponge bath.

Take it easy from here on out man. U can very easily rip it again and then ur really fuked. The slightest movement and contraction of the muscle puts a lot of stress on the repair. I read a story on a guy who ripped his pec the 2nd time about a 2-3 weeks after surgery. He took his sling off and hopped in the shower. Well he slipped and tried to catch himself with his bad arm when he fell and that sucker ripped wide open again. The doc said he couldnt fix him.

Take care man. Good luck
    man i truely feel for you bro! i guess i have it easy compared to other people. i doubt that i'll have any disfiguration..i hope. it sounded like it was a clean tendon tear and about 20% of the tendon stayed on after the rip. Maybe thats why i only have to be in a sling and can have some mobility?

that is one scary ass story, no doubt! i'm doing absolutely nothing but legs for the next foreseeable months. the doc said as long as i feel up to it and dont compromise my upper body position i should be good to go.

this sucks but i do see the light at the end of the tunnel. on my free time i've been reading and studying different training methods via bb.com and md.

oh on another note, at night sometime i wake up and my chest(both sides) get that twitch when your tired, like you sometimes when you stretch..that makes me nervous LOL i could be lying perfectly still but in the middle of the night i'll wake up, get the involuntary muscle spasms, twitches but its not to much where i think it effects the repair.
    Last edited by jeromedinh; 09-25-2008 at 05:55 PM.
    Jerome "The Other Rock" Dinh
    NPC Nationally Qualified from 1996-2000 and 2004-2013 & Fitness Model
    Force Factor Athlete
    www.********.com/theotherrock
    www.********.com/jeromedinh
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/jeromedinh/
    http://jeromedinh.wordpress.com/

aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jeromedinh View Post
    oh on another note, at night sometime i wake up and my chest(both sides) get that twitch when your tired, like you sometimes when you stretch..that makes me nervous LOL i could be lying perfectly still but in the middle of the night i'll wake up, get the involuntary muscle spasms, twitches but its not to much where i think it effects the repair.

lol...ya i remeber those. they freaked me out so bad. i would watch my pec flutter and spasm. it will go away after some time. AND DONT SNEEZE! lol.

jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    lol...ya i remeber those. they freaked me out so bad. i would watch my pec flutter and spasm. it will go away after some time. AND DONT SNEEZE! lol.
    HAHAHA too late, i try to sneeze with the least amount of effort...forget about it. ahh good times
    Force Factor Athlete

09/25/08 192lbs

Continuation from yesterday, towards the end of the night i was really starting to feel sore and sick. I have no idea what came over me, it hit me like a mack truck right out of the blue. I got the chills, stomach was upset, etc. I ended up taking my pain med then a hour later some advil. I was sweeting up a storm and my arm was so uncomfortable all night.

The past week i have had no appetite though i force feed myself every 3 hours. Wifey has been over at the mother-in-laws all week so she would cook a whole bunch of food for me and i would eat the same old, day after day YUCK! I do have to admit, i have been fast food free for the past week. Not that it makes a difference i still feel like a fat lazy pig.

9/26/08 @ 192lbs

This morning, im still a bit uncomfortable, really tired and lethargic. I woke up, had a protien(Nitro-Tech) shake, 30mins later made myself a cheese, egg sandwich. Afterwards i was so tired I went down for another couple hours. The wife forgot to make food for me so she opened a can of chicken..NASTY so to be a bit creative i boiled up some lipton chicken noodle soup, added the chicken and 1/2 cup of cook jasmine rice for lunch and it really wasnt that bad, it was pretty hardy. Couple hours later and i was off to the gym for some light Legs. I used the most mind to muscle focus ever trying not to compromise my upperbody position. Basically i did nothing but leg extension hitting the inner quads and outter quads then did them individually. Afterwards I did some donkey calf raises. I made sure i didnt do any exercise that would involved unstablizing my upper body so i wouldnt distrubt the healing process. I have to admit, i had ZERO energy and still had a stomach ache. But it just felt great being in the gym though i wasnt 100%. Oh course i had to tell everyone my story about what happened to my arm(because everyone kept asking)...and i got same response from one person after the other, that suck and i bet it hurt. It does suck but thats life, **** happens, you deal with it and move on.

Heres a the 1st processive pic of me, hopefully i'll look back on this thread in 3 months and say WOW im made some great leg improvements!

Updated wound pic after my shower tonite:

Light dinner tonight, not feeling well. I took some advil and iced up my wound. Oh and today was the first day i was PAIN MEDICATION FREE!! And my UVULA doesnt hurt anymore!!
    Last edited by jeromedinh; 09-26-2008 at 09:21 PM.
    Force Factor Athlete

09-27-08

Today was the first day taking no meds at all, including over-the-counter. Im in a bit more pain but oh well, its better for my liver that way.

This evening was a long and uncomfortable one. The wife has been dying to watch FIREPROOF that just came out at the theater. Its basically about a broken marriage, we're they are both sick of eachother but one steps up to the plate via THE LOVE JOURNAL (which is a book we just bought and are doing together) which is a 40day task of what-to-dos/challenges. Its a great movie, though acting wasnt the best and in fact there was some damn right hilarious parts. Okay, back to tonite..so the movie was about 2 hours of uncomfortable pain. Having my arm in the sling for that long sitting upright KILLED. Afterwards we meet up with some friend at the Olive Garden for dinner (never-ending pasta bowl) which ended up being another couple hour session. Needless to say, my arm is killing me and the pain is more so in the bicep..but i cant put my finger on where its exactly at..lower or upper bicep? If its from the sling restricting blood flow in the bicep or if its the incision??

What i find that helps to relieve pain is now and again to take my arm out of the sling, straighten my arm out and hunch over and do small circles. Also now and again i do some open and close hand excercises to get the blood flowing and move my forearm up and down. My right hand still feels a bit puffy, especially in the mornings.

Besides that, nothing else to report...OH RE: MR OLYMPIA...GO PHIL HEATH!! Thats my guy, then DEXTER JACKSON, TONY FREEMAN, JAY(just because hes MR O, they probably wont do him less then 2nd ) and DENNIS WOLFE.

I tell you, if they chose JAY as MR O..ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE! Based upon the pics via online, his back has little to no separation..its watery looking and his stomach looks very odd, like Greg Kovaks when he did his comeback.
    Force Factor Athlete

aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    oh yea. ur bicep and front deltoid are going to hurt for a WHILE. I mean prolly 3-5 months. But by the 2nd its more tolerable. Its from the surgery dont worry. They have literally stretch and pull the bi and delt away to sew the pec down. During PT my bi was on fire. Take it easy with that whole arm for the next couple of months. Everything is healing. My hand was swollen for maybe 1-2 months. The surgery swells everything up at the shulder which effects the hand. Blood flow, nerves, fluid build up etc. Try to keep ur wrist straight in the sling. That will help. By end of 2nd begin of 3rd you can start massaging the area.

oh yea. ur bicep and front deltoid are going to hurt for a WHILE. I mean prolly 3-5 months. But by the 2nd its more tolerable. Its from the surgery dont worry. They have literally stretch and pull the bi and delt away to sew the pec down. During PT my bi was on fire. Take it easy with that whole arm for the next couple of months. Everything is healing. My hand was swollen for maybe 1-2 months. The surgery swells everything up at the shulder which effects the hand. Blood flow, nerves, fluid build up etc. Try to keep ur wrist straight in the sling. That will help. By end of 2nd begin of 3rd you can start massaging the area.
    thanks bro thats really good to know and makes perfect sense. im approved for short term disability till OCT 3rd but i dont see how i can go back to work that soon. i have post-op appointment tomorrow so we'll see what the doc says.

my delt and bicep is very sore not that im complaining LOL over the past week i have become very efficient with my left hand! i have no problem eating with it anymore or doing any habitual duties eg brushing teeth. in fact even when i have full use of my good arm i will still eat and do most things with my left hand and become ambidextrous!

On another note, i started taking my supplements again as of last Friday(1st day back in gym) and cant wait to train HAMs tomorrow!

WOO-HOO DEXTER WON he deserves it, though i wish PHIL would have won but i'm glad they didnt reward JAY just because hes MR O. AND what did i say, THEY GAVE HIM 2ND though he should have placed no higher then 4th!
    Force Factor Athlete

BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    :^)
    Fictional character
    Natural just means you're able to beat a piss test, doesn't mean anything about the truth.
    1500lbs bench,squat,dl, u mad?
    5'11-6 FEET,210-228LBS
    personal trainer
    aiming to be 260-280lbs of fearfull mass
    max bench,545lbs 11/23/10 565lbs 7/11/11
    barbell curl 185lbs, 175lbs 4 reps 9/1/09
    leg press 1345lbs
    squat 455lbs 9/5/09 sciatic nerve damage
    deadlift 580lbs
    shurgs 865lbs reps
    lil 20.5 inch arms
    FULL VIETNAMESE DU MA! u mad?

fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Jerome you should talk to Michael Elias he went through this and has documented the entire process. It took him a long time to be able to bench again as well you can contact him here http://www.michaelelias.com/

Originally Posted by BIEN_DIESEL View Post
    :^)
    sup buddy thanx for stoping by

Originally Posted by fitnfirm View Post
    Jerome you should talk to Michael Elias he went through this and has documented the entire process. It took him a long time to be able to bench again as well you can contact him here http://www.michaelelias.com/

thank you i very much appreciate it!
    Force Factor Athlete

fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Hey I found a thread he made here about it !!! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=986528

Micheal is an awesome guy ! He was my trainer for a long time, he is all natty as well
    Last edited by fitnfirm; 09-28-2008 at 02:25 PM.

09-29-08 @ 192.5lbs

Today i had my post-op doc appointment with Dr Daly. He feels that my leave from work should be extended till OCT 13th. I have limited movement in my arm, bruising, aching, tightness in the bicep and delt. He left the stiches as added protection because my skin is so thin and its whats keeping my muscle from being exposed. I called my work to let them know and called my short term disability to request extension. I'll have to have the wife fax in my doctors letter to them and my boss. I should know if its approved within 5 days after its faxed. So, i'll have 3 weeks off work to recoup..which i guess i'm lucky from what i've read people have taken 12 weeks off, though i have a desk job. I have a follow up doc appointment next week to reevaluate my wound.

After the doc appointment i went home to eat and get some sleep before training HAMS. I took at couple hour nap, hit the gym. I felt pretty good. I had to adjust and make up my own exercises because the machines they have involved the upper body (having to hold your bodyweight up or lying on your stomach). LA FITNESS has a leg extension machine by MATRIX, what i did was kneel on the seat facing backwards and did leg curls and i got a great pump! Then i did some seated leg curls and followed up with very light smith machine squats(wide stance, very concentrated). On smith machine squats, most of the weight was centered on my left trap so what i did was place the weight as far back on my back as possible to even out the pressure. It worked very well, i felt no pressure on my wound at all. Then i did donkey calf raises. It sucks because i cant properly stretch my hams or calves with my injury because my damn ****ty arm is in the way LOL. Afterward, my arm was feeling a bit uncomfortable. I got home, put a ice pack on my wound and had my post-workout meal.

In the gym, it looks like my legs are already harder but i cant tell if they are smaller or bigger? We'll see next week, i'll do weekly progression pics. I'll train QUADS on Thurs and take my 1 week of leg training pic.
    Last edited by jeromedinh; 09-29-2008 at 05:30 PM.
    Force Factor Athlete

10-02-08 191.5lbs

Its been a couple days since I've updated here but nothing exciting to report.

I decided that i'm going to go ahead and train upper body(left side). I did light, very light ARMs on Tues and yesterday Delts, Chest & Calves.

Tues- Arm day i started with Biceps. I did some seated Alternate, Hammer seated dumbell curls, reps between 12-25 reps for total of 6 sets. Then i did some Tricep push downs utilizing cable cross-over machine then did reverse push downs, reps was between 12-25 reps. I went very light and concentrated.

Wed- Delts- i did some seated dumbell side laterals, rear delt laterals, then cable crossover, hitting side laterals once again and finished up with dumbell upright rows. Reps were 12-25, total of 8 sets.

Chest- i did some cable crossovers pulling form the top and at chest level. Reps were 12-25, total of 6 sets.

Calves- donkey calf raises, 15-35 reps, total of 6 sets.

Oh, a side note - i had my doc office fax the medical notes to my short-term disability company for extension on my leave of absense. They told me it takes 5 business days for them to make a decision..which is ridiculous. They approved my time off before i even had my post-op doc appointment. I told them i would have between 2-4 weeks off and of course they approved the lowest amount 1st. I have to call them tomorrow(Friday) to make sure all is in order and reviewed so i dont have to worry about where or not i'm approved.

Today i hit Quads - leg extensions, smith machine squats(all the weight was focused on my left trap..very light and concentrated) and finished up with leg extensions again. I had a killer pump and burn. Reps were 12-25 reps, total of 13 sets.

Here is my weekly progressive pics(2 weeks post-surgery, 1 week of training under the belt):

Legs were a tiny bit stronger, i was hoping i would see a bigger difference but oh well...i'm still stronger then last week and thats all that matters.

Though my intensity isnt there and im restricted from going heavy, mentally it feels good to just be in the gym. Sure my body needs to heal but same goes for my mentality. I pretty much am a home-body all day and the only time i get out is to go to the gym. Otherwise i'm bored out of my mind, i cant do squat with my right arm, i cant help pick up my messy house, cook for myself..its annoying and challenging. The pain is still there but as long as i dont move around to much it subsides. I think in another 2 weeks i should be feeling well enough to use my right arm..i hope. I have a good feeling that i'll breeze though physical theropy.

My weight went down about 5lbs since surgery but now its back up 2lbs. I hope to put on some more weight going forward. I'm having a protein shake(50grams of protein) immediately upon waking up, after training and before bed and eating every 3 hours. My appetite still isnt very strong, i dont crave fast food at all, not even snacking, nothing really so it makes it hard for me to constantly eat. I hope this is just a phase.

I FORGOT TO MENTION, after surgery my skin was SOO DRY and FLAKY but finally after 2 weeks its getting better.
    Last edited by jeromedinh; 10-02-2008 at 06:29 PM.
    Force Factor Athlete

JDF1972 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Jerome,

I had to chime in and wish you luck with your recovery. I'm wondering if the problem swallowing you're having is somehow connected to the breathing tube used when you were "lights out" during the surgery.

I'm all too familiar with what you're going through....

I am 35 weeks, plus two days, post-operative from a complete rupture of my left pectoralis. I was never really a big weightlifter and tore mine while messing around on the bench press at the gym at my place of employment. Oddly enough, now that i've actually ripped my pec I really enjoy lifting.

Push-ups (when I was finally able to them again) have been great help in restoring some strength. I am now able to do 98 consecutive push-ups and then every 5 minutes I will do between 50 and 60 push-ups. After eight or nine sets, I rack up anywhere between 400 and 500 push-ups. I recommend this once you're at 6 months post-op.

In lieu of seated machine bench presses (i.e. Hammer Strength, ect...), I've been wearing a weighted vest and using push up handles for my pecs now that I'm getting back to normal - whatever that is!

For squats (another great assist exercise for increasing circulation), I've been doing between 20 and 50 reps per set. Once you're able to hold the bar behind you're head with both hands, which may very well be around the 12 week mark (we're all different so who the heck really knows what works except yourself!), make sure you do them with light weight and super high reps. This will get you used to holding the free weight and boost your confidence level(s).

You WILL heal very quickly. After 8 weeks, if not sooner, you will really start feeling like your old self and you will want to start pushing yourself more. Don't. Period. Let your body heal and do it's thing. Believe me, your pec, shoulder, and bicep will slowly allow you to return to normal activity.

Remember.....give your body 7-8 months to heal properly, and in return it will give you a lifetime great workouts!

Take care.

John
    Phila., PA

Originally Posted by JDF1972 View Post
    Jerome,

I had to chime in and wish you luck with your recovery. I'm wondering if the problem swallowing you're having is somehow connected to the breathing tube used when you were "lights out" during the surgery.

I'm all too familiar with what you're going through....

I am 35 weeks, plus two days, post-operative from a complete rupture of my left pectoralis. I was never really a big weightlifter and tore mine while messing around on the bench press at the gym at my place of employment. Oddly enough, now that i've actually ripped my pec I really enjoy lifting.

Push-ups (when I was finally able to them again) have been great help in restoring some strength. I am now able to do 98 consecutive push-ups and then every 5 minutes I will do between 50 and 60 push-ups. After eight or nine sets, I rack up anywhere between 400 and 500 push-ups. I recommend this once you're at 6 months post-op.

In lieu of seated machine bench presses (i.e. Hammer Strength, ect...), I've been wearing a weighted vest and using push up handles for my pecs now that I'm getting back to normal - whatever that is!

For squats (another great assist exercise for increasing circulation), I've been doing between 20 and 50 reps per set. Once you're able to hold the bar behind you're head with both hands, which may very well be around the 12 week mark (we're all different so who the heck really knows what works except yourself!), make sure you do them with light weight and super high reps. This will get you used to holding the free weight and boost your confidence level(s).

You WILL heal very quickly. After 8 weeks, if not sooner, you will really start feeling like your old self and you will want to start pushing yourself more. Don't. Period. Let your body heal and do it's thing. Believe me, your pec, shoulder, and bicep will slowly allow you to return to normal activity.

Remember.....give your body 7-8 months to heal properly, and in return it will give you a lifetime great workouts!

Take care.

John
    Phila., PA
    I believe it was from the tube. I was kind of shocked that it took a week to heal. It made me not want to eat at all, not even a protein shake! I'm finally getting my appetite back.

Like i say man, everything happens for a reason. I'm not sad that this happened, i welcome the challenge. I'm all about training legs anyways. Out of my 13 years of bodybuilding, I've only been training legs for 5 1/2 years so there is some catching up to do. Plus my left arm was almost 1/2 inch smaller then my right!

Thats insane amount of pushups. I was just reading and article on them, doing pushups with your hands closer together in fact recruit more muscle fibers then wide pushups. Thanks for the info i honestly didnt even consider pushups, its a good idea.

Well the doc said as long as i feel up to it i can start doing legs and thats what i did at 1 week out. Yesterday (2 weeks post surgery) i did QUADS and did Squats on the smith machine barely holding the bar with my left hand. Most of the weight was concentrated on my left trap. It was very light weight and i did it after i pre-exhausted my quads via leg extensions(8 sets).

Thats the scary part man, i'm such an extreme person and its hard for me to hold back. The thought of my pec tearing again is always in the back of my mind. Even when im 100% i will NEVER go higher then 70-80% max, mostly reps between 10-20reps.

Thanks for the feedback, i appreciate it. I know everyone keeps telling me to let it heal...its starting to feel better by the day.
    Force Factor Athlete

Talking 10-04-08 192.5lbs

Exciting news today, well for me! Today was my second arm day, im still using very light and concentrated weight BUT today, oh today my poundages went up in every exercise by either 10-20lbs! Obviously im only training my left arm and to go up that much weight is saying a lot. I measured my left arm and its the same measurement as the time before my injury! Now keep in mind my left arm is about 1/3inch smaller then my right and with a pump today it measured 18 1/2"! I had my new underarmor shirt on and by the time my workout was done, my arm engulfed the sleeve. I have a little bit of shape but im undoubtedly fatter and the vasularity is pretty much non-existent. Its all good though, i KNOW that i'll be the best i've ever been by end of summer 2009!

Its been 2 weeks since my surgery and im getting better by the day! Im eating a sh!t load of calories and keeping the carbs low and the fast food less frequently. I cant wait until i look good enough to take upper body pics LOL
    Last edited by jeromedinh; 10-05-2008 at 03:41 PM.
    Force Factor Athlete

BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sorry to read about your injury Jerome. Hope you heael up in no time.

Originally Posted by BigDaddy33 View Post
    Sorry to read about your injury Jerome. Hope you heael up in no time.
    Thanks bro, as you know its no fun. No worries, i'll be at my all time best by end of summer 2009!
    Force Factor Athlete

Talking 10/06/08 194lbs

Well I'm still gimping around in this sling. My tendon feels very tight, like a rubber band. I'm still refraining from moving my right arm, well my right delt. I can still move my arm from elbow. Even still, I still have an awkward tenderness at the tendon junction. I immobilize my arm as much as possible so im pretty much a couch potato, eating, sleeping and watching TV all day.

More good news as far as the gym is concerned. I was hoping my HAMS were going to be a lot stronger, but i only went up 5-10lbs(isolation) & 40lbs(compound) per exercise. BUT the good news is, after CLAVES I measured them and they were 18"! I still feel and look like a tub of lard LOL I know in time, as when i compete I'll look my best in no time.

Eating has been a bit of a problem, getting all my calories in by end of the day. I wake up about 3 hours later then i normally do and go to bed the same time(post injury).
    Force Factor Athlete

10-08-08 191lbs 2 1/2 weeks post-surgery

I still have some uncomfortable pain if i move around too much but all-and-all I'm doing very good.

Yesterday I trained Delts and Chest and had an awesome day. In my Delt movements i increased the weight by 10lbs and Chest my weight increased by 30lbs! Calves are also continuing to get stronger.

Today, I had my 2nd post-op doc appointment. They took off the suture and steri strips but put new steri strips on. At this point i dont need the gauze over the wound but its much more comfortable having it on, despite the tape making the surrounding area ichy as hell! Not to mention, I've gotten zits and dry skin all over my arm. My next doc appointment is in 2 weeks and at that point i should have my sling off and start physcial therapy. I'm good to go to work starting Monday, I'm really not looking forward to it. I have a feeling that my wound will get irritated.

As far my wound appearence, there seems to be a ridge that is quite transparent. You can clearly see the upper and lower chest separation..which isnt a good thing when your not flexing it. The doc said over time the swelling will go down and it will look symmetrical. I am seeing a difference between my left and right side. My right delt and arm doesnt have the round shape it once did. No worries though, all in good time.

Here are my latest progressive pics. The sweep in my legs are becoming more prominent.

Last edited by jeromedinh; 10-09-2008 at 07:54 AM.
    Force Factor Athlete

FatboysFatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatboysFatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatboysFatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatboysFatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatboysFatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatboysFatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatboysFatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatboysFatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatboysFatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatboysFatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatboysFatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Bro, you need to get surgery ASAP! I had mine done yesterday(11 days after the tear) and the doc said the muscle and tendon was already starting to attach..in the wrong area!

Pre-op they just do a basic physical, its nothing and they draw blood. You'll be out for a good long time(3 months?) if your physcial in your job.

Good luck and surgery SUCKED.

I'll type more about it, i had some post-surgery complications and stayed at teh hospital overnight!
    geezum, you'd have lost everything gained by then.. I guess you could just do waist down, as to catch them up. Legs take longest to get bigger so it'd even you out. Injuries like that make me wonder when/if the person will ever be able to get back full swing. :-(

Originally Posted by FatboysFatter View Post
    geezum, you'd have lost everything gained by then.. I guess you could just do waist down, as to catch them up. Legs take longest to get bigger so it'd even you out. Injuries like that make me wonder when/if the person will ever be able to get back full swing. :-(
    you'd be surprised at how resilient your body is. a little would be lost but once you start training, muscle memory kicks in. i already noticed it since i've been training my left side(upper body).

everyone is different and in my case, legs take a long time to get stimulated and your absolutely right, with this injury it will give me time to balance my body out.

i'll NEVER go 90% of my max while training again, luckily im not a powerlifter so im not concerned at how much i can push or pull. i've sustained other injuries ie appendectomy in 2001 and was out of training for a while. i bounced right back only after 3 month later of light/concentrated training.

there is always a brighter side to things, the key is to always remain positive.
    Force Factor Athlete

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well I'm still gimping around in this sling. My tendon feels very tight, like a rubber band. I'm still refraining from moving my right arm, well my right delt. I can still move my arm from elbow. Even still, I still have an awkward tenderness at the tendon junction. I immobilize my arm as much as possible so im pretty much a couch potato, eating, sleeping and watching TV all day.

More good news as far as the gym is concerned. I was hoping my HAMS were going to be a lot stronger, but i only went up 5-10lbs(isolation) & 40lbs(compound) per exercise. BUT the good news is, after CLAVES I measured them and they were 18"! I still feel and look like a tub of lard LOL I know in time, as when i compete I'll look my best in no time.

Eating has been a bit of a problem, getting all my calories in by end of the day. I wake up about 3 hours later then i normally do and go to bed the same time(post injury).
    man it's great you are in a normal sling though... i had to be in a restrictive brace for 6.5 weeks, couldn't move my arm from my side... that sucked ass! glad to see you are taking the same road I did with legs haha

Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    man it's great you are in a normal sling though... i had to be in a restrictive brace for 6.5 weeks, couldn't move my arm from my side... that sucked ass! glad to see you are taking the same road I did with legs haha
    ya u aint kiddin. i hated that brace. i swear im going to get arthritis in that shoulder later on in life.

reps sent just for going thru that like i did.

my skin was messed up too. it was a while until it cleared up. get all those skin products and put them on everyday. lol. my armpit stunk really bad too.
    Last edited by aguy0523; 10-10-2008 at 02:24 PM.

you know i asked the doc why i wasnt put into a brace and just a sling. he said that it would add more pressure if i was in a brace rather then a sling. i do notice that even in a sling, the weight of my arm puts added pressure on my chest so now and again i'll take my arm out of the sling and rest my arm at the side. i dont sleep with my sling on too. i just make sure my elbow is at my side and i prop a pillow under it to relieve pressure on the wound.

yeh man, i love legs! i train on nothing but machines, mainly isolation movements and after a 6 sets when my legs are completely broken down i do smith machine squats. good times.... BUT unlike you, (i think?) i've been training my upper body 1 week post-surgery. nothing major, all isolation movements, very light weight.
    Force Factor Athlete

10-10-08 193lbs **3 weeks post-surgery**

Well its been 3 weeks since surgery. New developments have taking place, obviously the skin is healing nicely BUT now the area where i tore my pec/tendon has become HARD, SWOLLEN, WARM and UNCOMFORTABLE? Here is a pic, CLICK TO ENLARGE:

This new development has made it very comfortable to sleep. Its VERY tight now, like a rubber band. I have noticed that walking tends to jerk my chest and shoulder and makes it worse (if walking faster then 3.7mph). I believe that its now just scar tissue building up. The doc did assure me that it would even out the more i heal.

In the gym yesterday i trained ARM. My strength went up only by a rep or two per exercise in my bicep from last week but my triceps went up 10lbs per exercise. My bodyweight hasnt changed much, maybe 2-3lbs since my injury but i look NOTHING like my former self. Its kind of depressing. I feel small and fat and there is NOTHING i can do about it at this time. Im use to training in tank-tops but feel to insecure and ****ty to wear them so these days im sporting underarmor tees. I'm not going to diet and have the chance of losing muscle, just to be lean. So i'm keeping my calories as high as i can because its been a B!TCH getting enough in throughout the day. This is a total mind fu@k but i know i have to stay strong mentally to get through this.
    Last edited by jeromedinh; 10-11-2008 at 07:24 AM.
    Force Factor Athlete

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you know i asked the doc why i wasnt put into a brace and just a sling. he said that it would add more pressure if i was in a brace rather then a sling. i do notice that even in a sling, the weight of my arm puts added pressure on my chest so now and again i'll take my arm out of the sling and rest my arm at the side. i dont sleep with my sling on too. i just make sure my elbow is at my side and i prop a pillow under it to relieve pressure on the wound.

yeh man, i love legs! i train on nothing but machines, mainly isolation movements and after a 6 sets when my legs are completely broken down i do smith machine squats. good times.... BUT unlike you, (i think?) i've been training my upper body 1 week post-surgery. nothing major, all isolation movements, very light weight.
    i did isolateral movements until i start PT 2x/week.

your scar looks almost like mine. I wouldn't worry too much. Mine would get pain on an off for about 5-6 weeks after surgery, and yea it was super hard 3 weeks post surgery

ROSEVILLECA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ROSEVILLECA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hope all is well

Best of luck with recvery, I am 10 days post op myself... I should have followed your lead, I went back to work on day 5, wore my A$$ out! I have been working every other day... Today will be day one back to the gym... No legs yet, but I will be doing cardio... Funny for me, if I dont move I have no soreness? Guess I am lucky. I had the same kind of tear as str8flexed, I tore the muscle belly off of the tendon. I am in a sling the same as you... Best of luck bro, thanks for keepin us updated! Take it reaally easy at the gym bro, heal good!

i did isolateral movements until i start PT 2x/week.

your scar looks almost like mine. I wouldn't worry too much. Mine would get pain on an off for about 5-6 weeks after surgery, and yea it was super hard 3 weeks post surgery
    good to hear man, i was worried! thanx again man for keeping me informed....im a worry wart when it comes to my physique!

Originally Posted by ROSEVILLECA View Post
    Best of luck with recvery, I am 10 days post op myself... I should have followed your lead, I went back to work on day 5, wore my A$$ out! I have been working every other day... Today will be day one back to the gym... No legs yet, but I will be doing cardio... Funny for me, if I dont move I have no soreness? Guess I am lucky. I had the same kind of tear as str8flexed, I tore the muscle belly off of the tendon. I am in a sling the same as you... Best of luck bro, thanks for keepin us updated! Take it reaally easy at the gym bro, heal good!
    dude i feel for you big time! there was no way in hell i was going back less then 3 weeks, in fact i wish i didnt have to go back to work on monday until the pain is gone and i have more movement.

no matter what you do in the gym man, you'll feel so much better just being there! careful on the cardio, walking is even tough when you go at a fast pace. biking well, you damn arm is in the way and i found that it was hard on my knees. we have about 4-5 different type of bike and experimented on all of them. only 1 of 5 worked out but after some time i started to get knee problems. slow and concentrated in the gym is key bro..keep me posted bro.
    Force Factor Athlete

10-12-08 193lbs

Ever since i had my steri strip pulled out, the pain has gotten worse. Last night it was so bad i had to take a percoset pill to sleep! If i move too much with my right arm, it seems to worsen the problem. I seriously wonder if its infected? I dont have a fever but it is sore, red, hot, tender and inflamed. I've been icing it now and again but its only temp relief. This sucks because if i knew i would be feeling like this i would have needed an extended to my short-term leave. Funny, the pain seems worse this week the the previous 2 weeks? I have no choice but to tough it out and see what transpires. It seems if i put my arm higher in the sling it adds more pressure and if my elbow is too far in front of my body, it hurts. I been trying to figure out the best way i can rest my arm...no luck so far. I'll probably end up taking another pain pill before bed at this rate.
    Force Factor Athlete