thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How much fat can your body absorb at one time?

Ok so I know the general consensus seems to be people can absorb about 30-70 grams of protein in one sitting.

How about fat?

If I had a tblspoon of olive oil(14g) and then 2 servings of nuts (30g) along with my can of tuna (2.5g) as my 9pm meal, would my body be able to absorb all of the fat?
    3rd year Biology Student
    Currently in therapy for lower back injury.

pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what people dont understand is that there isnt really a limit to what you can absorb (within reason). if you eat a big high fat, high carb, high protein meal that takes 10 hours to digest, you will still get all of that. if you eat a meal with 100g of protein, you can still absorb all of that too. you wont absorb all of it in 10 minutes, but everything will get processed at one point.

gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by pologod05 View Post
    what people dont understand is that there isnt really a limit to what you can absorb (within reason). if you eat a big high fat, high carb, high protein meal that takes 10 hours to digest, you will still get all of that. if you eat a meal with 100g of protein, you can still absorb all of that too. you wont absorb all of it in 10 minutes, but everything will get processed at one point.
    *clapping*

Gastric emptying time is increased with an increase in calories. Eat a huge meal, it'll take longer to break down in the stomach, and longer to pass through the intestines. If it's really huge, you may also get constipated too.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by gfundaro View Post
    *clapping*

Gastric emptying time is increased with an increase in calories. Eat a huge meal, it'll take longer to break down in the stomach, and longer to pass through the intestines. If it's really huge, you may also get constipated too.
    Drop some Alli in there and get them diapers ready!

Different types of fats have differing digestion and absorption rates though ...
    Last edited by in10city; 02-20-2008 at 05:33 PM.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by in10city View Post

Different types of fats have differing digestion and absorption rates though ...
    Yea, but they'll still get there. Well, unless you are taking Alli...LOL ew Why anyone would want a pill to make them **** their pants to lose 5 extra pounds is just beyond me! Count some darn calories and limit the refined carbs.

thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50) thursday22dp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by pologod05 View Post
    All I needed to know, many thanks.

Hypothetically if I ate like 2 cans of tuna and like 3 eggs and 4 chicken breasts, as a huge ass meal and had like 200g of protien. Id be all set for the entire day?

Ive been kinda worried about spacing it out but if what you say is true then god damn it makes my life easier.
    Last edited by thursday22dp; 02-20-2008 at 06:08 PM.
    3rd year Biology Student
    Currently in therapy for lower back injury.

Registered User jimmygravitt2007's Avatar
    jimmygravitt2007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by in10city View Post

Nothing about the subject, it's just that you stole someone's quotes, and did not say who said it. Seems plagiaristic to me. Know I've heard somewhere. Wanna say Voltaire, Bertrand Russel, or someone in that area.

Reloadguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reloadguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reloadguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reloadguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reloadguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reloadguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reloadguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reloadguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reloadguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reloadguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reloadguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jimmygravitt2007 View Post
    Nothing about the subject, it's just that you stole someone's quotes, and did not say who said it. Seems plagiaristic to me. Know I've heard somewhere. Wanna say Voltaire, Bertrand Russel, or someone in that area.
    It's Aristotle.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by thursday22dp View Post
    Ok so I know the general consensus seems to be people can absorb about 30-70 grams of protein in one sitting.
    Total crap.

Try an experiment: eat twice the amount these "people" say can be absorbed at each meal. Continue for a month. Then explain the increased adiposity from the protein you can't "absorb".

t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hypothetically if I ate like 2 cans of tuna and like 3 eggs and 4 chicken breasts, as a huge ass meal and had like 200g of protien. Id be all set for the entire day?

Ive been kinda worried about spacing it out but if what you say is true then god damn it makes my life easier.
    Kinda, but if I were you I'd try to get a good amount of food post-workout. Read up on Intermittent Fasting.

BucknastyFresh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

there has to be limit

How about fat?

If I had a tblspoon of olive oil(14g) and then 2 servings of nuts (30g) along with my can of tuna (2.5g) as my 9pm meal, would my body be able to absorb all of the fat?
    I was wondering the same thing, actually. I just watched a video of a guy who chugs 3 liters of olive oil resulting in 24,000 calories total or something. The question is: at what point would the digestive system fail to process all those grams of fat? Surely everybody's limit differs, but there has to be one. From what I've learned in nutrition and anatomy, the body has to emulsify those fats with bile... but would you really think that the gall bladder could produce enough bile to emulsify enormous amounts of fat before the oil just gets turned into diarrhea (body rejects oil by large intestine refusing to re-uptake any water). What are your guys' thoughts on this?

AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BucknastyFresh View Post
    I was wondering the same thing, actually. I just watched a video of a guy who chugs 3 liters of olive oil resulting in 24,000 calories total or something. The question is: at what point would the digestive system fail to process all those grams of fat? Surely everybody's limit differs, but there has to be one. From what I've learned in nutrition and anatomy, the body has to emulsify those fats with bile... but would you really think that the gall bladder could produce enough bile to emulsify enormous amounts of fat before the oil just gets turned into diarrhea (body rejects oil by large intestine refusing to re-uptake any water). What are your guys' thoughts on this?
    One thing for sure, i cant DIGEST the fact you bumped a 4 year old thread.
    My Powerlifting "Road To Manlet" Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172129323

Instagram: a.camstra

Gym PR(KG): 195/130/220 @61KG Raw

Meet PR(KG): 185/117.5/200 @58.6KG