Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

My Latest Video Log about Metabolic Damage

I know I haven't been active here as much lately, but I know a LOT of competitors suffer from this and I figure the v-log may be helpful for some of you.

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I listened to all 30 minutes while I was making dinner......and by the end I had twice as much pasta on my plate as i normally do. Was that what I was supposed to get out of it?
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1st. (edit, strong ninja post above)

Will watch in full later tonight and sit down with some popcorn or something.

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JOSEF RAKICH View Post
    1st. (edit, strong ninja post above)

Watched it AND posted. STRONG ninja skilzz
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    Watched it AND posted. STRONG ninja skilzz
    Just watched it myself then.

Awesome vid, so true.

Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    About to watch, do you mean hormonal damage or metabolism, or both?

Thanks.

TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great video.

This is something that anyone who helps others with their fitness goals should listen to.
    "The code of Bushido is harsh and relentless."

Olympic Lifting Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158765663

str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Devils View Post
    About to watch, do you mean hormonal damage or metabolism, or both?

Thanks.
    moreso metabolism, I've seen people have normal endocrine numbers and still have metabolic dysregulation

jordankipp will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordankipp will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordankipp will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordankipp will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordankipp will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordankipp will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordankipp will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordankipp will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordankipp will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordankipp will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordankipp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is going to change my life. You just explained my problem. I cut from 240lbs to 170lbs and went as low as 1500 calories with cardio( 6 feet, 1 inch), but could not get sub par 17% and felt like death. Going to add about 50 calories a week to my diet and try to build up my metabolism. Just a side question about it, since my maintenance is so low, will it be possible for me to gain muscle by slowing adding these 50 calories. My first couple workouts have already felt amazing since watching the video.

sure it's possible =)

utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utgunslinger13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you so much Layne. I watched this on Friday after you posted it to your FB page and immediately sent this to my brother. He's been struggling with this exact same issue, and no matter how many times I tried to tell him he was eating way to little and killing his metabolism, he just WOULDN'T LISTEN. Hopefully your video will be the breakthrough he needs to get back on track!

chestmondays will become famous soon enough. (+50) chestmondays will become famous soon enough. (+50) chestmondays will become famous soon enough. (+50) chestmondays will become famous soon enough. (+50) chestmondays will become famous soon enough. (+50) chestmondays will become famous soon enough. (+50) chestmondays will become famous soon enough. (+50) chestmondays will become famous soon enough. (+50) chestmondays will become famous soon enough. (+50) chestmondays will become famous soon enough. (+50) chestmondays will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    moreso metabolism, I've seen people have normal endocrine numbers and still have metabolic dysregulation
    I have also made this mistake of cutting too harsh, too soon and losing vast amounts of muscle and hitting a 'wall' with fat loss which was around 7-8%. I also did not incorporate/know about refeeds which added to my own 'metabolic damage'.

With an 'average' carb tolerance, what would you recommend is the optimal way to cut while not damaging your metabolism? eg a slow cut over a longer period and reducing carbs at a slower rate (5g per week) and adding small amounts of HIIT cardio?

Open ended question I know, but I would like to cut in a manner which is optimal for both retaining muscle mass and not destroying ones metabolism.

Also on a personal note, are you fore or against 'dirty' bulking in respect of going in excess of macros but always reaching the recommended/individual amount of protein/fiber? The reason behind my question is the same behind the metabolic dmg video, thus the dirty bulk would also be in a gradual manner rather than hell for leather the day after a contest.
    *I think I'm addicted to Chest Day Crew*
    *Can't sleep on Sunday night crew*
    *I can confirm I am Chest Crew*

✔ ******** - https://www.********.com/Chestmondays

Originally Posted by chestmondays View Post
    I have also made this mistake of cutting too harsh, too soon and losing vast amounts of muscle and hitting a 'wall' with fat loss which was around 7-8%. I also did not incorporate/know about refeeds which added to my own 'metabolic damage'.

With an 'average' carb tolerance, what would you recommend is the optimal way to cut while not damaging your metabolism? eg a slow cut over a longer period and reducing carbs at a slower rate (5g per week) and adding small amounts of HIIT cardio?

Open ended question I know, but I would like to cut in a manner which is optimal for both retaining muscle mass and not destroying ones metabolism.

Also on a personal note, are you fore or against 'dirty' bulking in respect of going in excess of macros but always reaching the recommended/individual amount of protein/fiber? The reason behind my question is the same behind the metabolic dmg video, thus the dirty bulk would also be in a gradual manner rather than hell for leather the day after a contest.
    i do recommend slow cuts but NEVER cut carbs by a certain amount each week. ONLY cut calories if your loss stagnates. systematically cutting calories even when you are losing fat will exacerbate your problem

tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    great vid.. feeling really confident with my 560g of carbs 25 wks out
    Instagram: thomas_poucher

yes i've tried doing incline first

reps on recharge.. demonwareltd, flang, TTimmerman, wala, Canuck77

Registered User BobTryingToDoIt's Avatar
    BobTryingToDoIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobTryingToDoIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobTryingToDoIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobTryingToDoIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobTryingToDoIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobTryingToDoIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobTryingToDoIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobTryingToDoIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobTryingToDoIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobTryingToDoIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobTryingToDoIt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Today I eated 1500 Kcals since now.

After watching the video let's open a can of tuna :P.

Do you think that 2000 Kcals per day@ 6 ft 180 lbs, can make me lose body fat? It's a bit under 20 % of my maintenace(200 Kcals) but eating at 20 % I wasn't seeing the results I wanted(more than a lb a week, around 1.5-2).

And in your opinion how many carbs should I eat, since from the video I didn't understand very well, and for cardio is 3 times a week of 25 min. HIIT enough to lose body fat with what I eat?

Everything considered about metabolic damage!

tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    if you're 15.. and feel free to chime in Str8 if i'm wrong..

but if you're 15 @ 20%bf.. then i'd continue to lift heavy and eat at a slight surplus.. 1500 cals is NOTHING.. and you're 15 which is the BEST time to grow.. you'll grow easier than you ever will in your life.. take advantage

if you put on 10lbs of lean muscle.. your bf will actually go down.. think about that

BobTryingToDoIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobTryingToDoIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobTryingToDoIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobTryingToDoIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobTryingToDoIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobTryingToDoIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobTryingToDoIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobTryingToDoIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobTryingToDoIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobTryingToDoIt is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobTryingToDoIt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I srs can't understand what's the point of bulking when you are fat, 20 % isn't the morbidly obese yes but is considered fattysh by those anorexic ***s at school...

And also if I do it wrong I could put on even more fat and it will be more difficult to get rid of, or no?

TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BobTryingToDoIt View Post
    Today I eated 1500 Kcals since now.

After watching the video let's open a can of tuna :P.

Do you think that 2000 Kcals per day@ 6 ft 180 lbs, can make me lose body fat? It's a bit under 20 % of my maintenace(200 Kcals) but eating at 20 % I wasn't seeing the results I wanted(more than a lb a week, around 1.5-2).

And in your opinion how many carbs should I eat, since from the video I didn't understand very well, and for cardio is 3 times a week of 25 min. HIIT enough to lose body fat with what I eat?

Everything considered about metabolic damage!
    You're losing 1.5-2lbs per week, and you're not happy with that?

That is a stable and healthy rate. Actually, I think 2lbs is a bit much, but that's just me.

If you're 15...
    Eat more food. Lift weights on a solid beginners Full Body Routine. And build some muscle. Remember that lean muscle will burn fat.
    "The code of Bushido is harsh and relentless."

Olympic Lifting Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158765663

i remember so many 15 yrs that simply leaned out due to puberty.. none of them were dieting..

i'd eat at maintenance if you're really worried.. grow some muscle.. burn some fat

and to let you know.. if you were 20 there's no way i'd tell you to bulk at 20%.. but you're growing a lot at your age

Originally Posted by tumtum View Post
    i remember so many 15 yrs that simply leaned out due to puberty.. none of them were dieting..

i'd eat at maintenance if you're really worried.. grow some muscle.. burn some fat

and to let you know.. if you were 20 there's no way i'd tell you to bulk at 20%.. but you're growing a lot at your age
    So I should eat around 2700+ kcals?

for the sake of not hijacking str8's thread..

open up a separate thread stating your situation.. in it you can link this thread for ppl to read what is discussed.. and then i'll make sure i get in on the discussion before the night's end..

once again sorry for clogging up the thread str8

ronaldo1993 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ronaldo1993 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ronaldo1993 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ronaldo1993 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ronaldo1993 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ronaldo1993 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ronaldo1993 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ronaldo1993 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ronaldo1993 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ronaldo1993 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ronaldo1993 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    any advice layne this is all to familiar to me with metabolic crash it has not just happened once but now twice
    nike just do it

well the advice is in the video?

Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    In! Thanks for the video

Justinfv41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justinfv41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justinfv41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justinfv41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justinfv41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justinfv41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justinfv41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justinfv41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justinfv41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justinfv41 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Justinfv41 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What would you consider low intensity cardio? My favorite exercise is running, I never go out and just half ass it though. If I'm lacing up the runners, I'm putting in 7'30" miles at my slowest, I know this isn't the same as HIIT, because I do that too, but would this be considered "low intensity"?

yes. low or moderate still drops metabolic rate over time

Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    yes. low or moderate still drops metabolic rate over time
    But you still believe they have there place in a cutting program Layne? Just don't be excessive with it.

Also whats your recommendations on HIIT frequency, I know it can be vary taxing on the CNS, is 5x per week too much would you say?

Would be good to hear your thoughts on this.

QUADZofPEACE will become famous soon enough. (+50) QUADZofPEACE will become famous soon enough. (+50) QUADZofPEACE will become famous soon enough. (+50) QUADZofPEACE will become famous soon enough. (+50) QUADZofPEACE will become famous soon enough. (+50) QUADZofPEACE will become famous soon enough. (+50) QUADZofPEACE will become famous soon enough. (+50) QUADZofPEACE will become famous soon enough. (+50) QUADZofPEACE will become famous soon enough. (+50) QUADZofPEACE will become famous soon enough. (+50) QUADZofPEACE will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Awesome video!

cuz_z_z will become famous soon enough. (+50) cuz_z_z will become famous soon enough. (+50) cuz_z_z will become famous soon enough. (+50) cuz_z_z will become famous soon enough. (+50) cuz_z_z will become famous soon enough. (+50) cuz_z_z will become famous soon enough. (+50) cuz_z_z will become famous soon enough. (+50) cuz_z_z will become famous soon enough. (+50) cuz_z_z will become famous soon enough. (+50) cuz_z_z will become famous soon enough. (+50) cuz_z_z will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great video. I'm always amazing how well connected your are to the community. Could you explain a little more how you would structure your approach to repairing a damaged metabolism?
    Spread the love. Back 100%

the only way to repair one is to SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOWLY add in cals...l extremely slowly..

jumping up 100/week will do nothing but put on fat and put u in the same situation (though probably not as severe) as layne described in the vid