OntarioDerek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

How much do body builders get paid?

how much do they get paid? is jay cutler and coleman millionaires?

How much do you get for winning mr. olympia

ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    cutler's money mostly comes from the property he owns.

also, google is a great place to find answers. if you'd tried that you'd know that top prize is 155k and a car.

GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by OntarioDerek View Post
    how much do they get paid? is jay cutler and coleman millionaires?

How much do you get for winning mr. olympia
    u get money for winning a show.
    im not sure but i tihnk if u win Arnold Classics u get a Hammer jeep.
    i tihnk Olympia is 100,000 but im not sure. the title is more important to them anyway. Plus u workout for free, u get supplements for free, u get cars for free. A lot of companies will want YOU to represent them after u win something bigger, and u get paid a lot for that. Plus u make movies and all. I won't be surprised if Coleman, cutler get all of their food free.

LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz
    Unless you are one of the top couple pros, you can hardly make a living from the prize money.

Pro bodybuilders control their own financial destiny through their own clever marketing skills or if they are fortunate and get supplement contracts.
    Keymaster of platinum accounts

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO/HEAD CHEESE....

-Mods cannot do name changes

-Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

-Mods can only neg, no agreeing with posts

In other words if you do not like what you originally called yourself, do not take responsibility of what you wanted to at one point type for the world to see, or desperately want green boxes - YOU ARE OUT OF LUCK.

Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Even if you were a top tier bodybuilder, like big ron - chances are you wouldn't be overly rich anyway.
    A lot of his money would go back into ' supplements ' to prepare for the next contest/show.

LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Lowerthefever View Post
    Even if you were a top tier bodybuilder, like big ron - chances are you wouldn't be overly rich anyway.
    A lot of his money would go back into ' supplements ' to prepare for the next contest/show.
    Ron is sitting just fine with his supplement contracts and $$$ involved. He could be even more secure if he followed a similiar path jay traveled with investing.

I don't think supplement purchasing and pricing was too much an issue for Ron.

In other words if you do not like what you originally called yourself, do not take responsibility of what you wanted to at one point type for the world to see, or desperately want green boxes - YOU ARE OUT OF LUCK.

OntarioDerek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    The big 3 dexter, coleman and cutler and are always in the muscle mag or whatever magazine...

they obviously get their supplements for free if they are sponsored by the company.

I just watched a video... Mr. Olympia gets 155K...second place get 90k

I remember watching a video of Jay culter showing up to the gym and he was in a little white 95 toyota tercel.. now he owns a BMW X5 (white)

PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Jay makes well into 7 figures a year.
    United States Navy Veteran - GO NAVY!

ESPforMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ESPforMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ESPforMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ESPforMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ESPforMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ESPforMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ESPforMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ESPforMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ESPforMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ESPforMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ESPforMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by PhoenixBuff View Post
    Jay makes well into 7 figures a year.
    How much is from BBing? Does he get a lot of it from other ventures?

essential222 is just really nice. (+1000) essential222 is just really nice. (+1000) essential222 is just really nice. (+1000) essential222 is just really nice. (+1000) essential222 is just really nice. (+1000) essential222 is just really nice. (+1000) essential222 is just really nice. (+1000) essential222 is just really nice. (+1000) essential222 is just really nice. (+1000) essential222 is just really nice. (+1000) essential222 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Anyone who thinks pro's pay for their above board supps is kidding themselves,

From what I understand, most of Ronnies money goes to child support haha
    ***PMC - Where Amazing Happens***

"There is no such thing as a good time for badluck" - Phill Anselmo in 'On march the saints' by Down.

pauleccles will become famous soon enough. (+50) pauleccles will become famous soon enough. (+50) pauleccles will become famous soon enough. (+50) pauleccles will become famous soon enough. (+50) pauleccles will become famous soon enough. (+50) pauleccles will become famous soon enough. (+50) pauleccles will become famous soon enough. (+50) pauleccles will become famous soon enough. (+50) pauleccles will become famous soon enough. (+50) pauleccles will become famous soon enough. (+50) pauleccles will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if you take note to the top three as mentioned (dexter, ronnie, jay) you get an idea for what bodybuilding is capable of providing AT BEST. Ronnie does not bad, but if you've seen his house and cars, while certainly not bad, it is FAR from mtv cribs type of stuff.

dex as far as i remember lives in a nice looking apartment.

jay is the only one i know of living in a cribs type of lifestyle, which is more so due to his investing and what not then purely prize money/contracts. also he does a RIDICULOUS amounts of guest posing where as lots of bb'ers dont do too too much.

obviously the most successful story is arnold with his ridiculous monstrous house but as everyone is aware, thats from acting not bb'ing. his case is absollutely best case scenario and now that its been done by him, i dont see it as being done again.
    msn:
    paul.r.eccles@hotmail.com

strength777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) strength777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) strength777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) strength777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) strength777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) strength777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) strength777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) strength777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) strength777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) strength777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) strength777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by LUKEDEICHER View Post
    Unless you are one of the top couple pros, you can hardly make a living from the prize money.

Pro bodybuilders control their own financial destiny through their own clever marketing skills or if they are fortunate and get supplement contracts.
    Precisely why you hear about certain pro's getting mixed up selling AAS and Rec drugs.

I would venture to guess that a large majority of pro BBer's struggle pretty bad financially
    The Truth on test boosters

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122287831

Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by strength_77 View Post
    Precisely why you hear about certain pro's getting mixed up selling AAS and Rec drugs.

I would venture to guess that a large majority of pro BBer's struggle pretty bad financially
    only due to their own greed and stupidity

i know a few amateurs who are doing pretty well financially from prize money and endorsements

hell if i was a top amateur or even a very low level pro i could have everything i wanted through personal training alone.

strength777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) strength777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) strength777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) strength777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) strength777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) strength777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) strength777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) strength777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) strength777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) strength777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) strength777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Vadim Beliaev View Post

i know a few amateurs who are doing pretty well financially from prize money and endorsements

hell if i was a top amateur or even a very low level pro i could have everything i wanted through personal training alone.
    agreed
    The Truth on test boosters

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122287831

siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by strength_77 View Post

kai greene

well thats it bro... im sure there are 101 rich guys in every area code that are willing to part with some serious money to look like a jacked amateur... i really dont know why these pros dont tap into that market.

i think it may be because they lack the people skills to train someone else in some cases.
    I wish it lasted, forever.

You would think running a decent and creative website with advice, items for sale, etc. and answering alot of fans through email wouldn't hurt any either financially.

In the late 1990's I purchased something from Shawn Ray's site, a couple autographed photos for a fair price. The internet wasn't of course nearly as big as it is now. For some reason the item wasn't going through on his end with the CC transaction.

The next day I got a call at my work from Shawn personally asking to verify the info for him on the site.

It was a simple gesture, but as you can imagine that simple 15 or so minutes talking to him over the phone was really unexpected, cool, and meant something to me at the time. He even asked if I had any questions I wanted to ask about the sport. I became more of a loyal fan through that experience and was more tempted to financially support him again in the future.

Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by LUKEDEICHER View Post
    You would think running a decent and creative website with advice, items for sale, etc. and answering alot of fans through email wouldn't hurt any either financially.

In the late 1990's I purchased something from Shawn Ray's site, a couple autographed photos for a fair price. The internet wasn't of course nearly as big as it is now. For some reason the item wasn't going through on his end with the CC transaction.

The next day I got a call at my work from Shawn personally asking to verify the info for him on the site.

It was a simple gesture, but as you can imagine that simple 15 or so minutes talking to him over the phone was really unexpected, cool, and meant something to me at the time. He even asked if I had any questions I wanted to ask about the sport. I became more of a loyal fan through that experience and was more tempted to financially support him again in the future.
    well there you go

even having around 12 clients a day (which is possible and very doable for any pro) can rack you around $800 daily or more looking at how much some pros charge. Which is about 4k weekly and almost 200k a year.
    Id say thats pretty fukking good when it comes to yearly pays.
    and training motivated clients is also very rewarding IMO and a pleasurable job to have.

and doing PT over the internet is even easier

Even crazier thing to do - travel to a country such as Emirates or Kuwait or Bahrain, and find yourself a sheikh interested in a personal trainer.
    You will be made for life if you manage to pull this off and being an IFBB pro i dont think that would be too hard to do.
    Not to mention that those countries are crazy on bodybuilding, have the ideal conditions, some of the best gyms in the world and of course, over the counter "supplements".

really no pro bber should be crying over financial problems, you have the biggest asset in your body, something that is very sought after nowadays by those who dont have good bodies but have the money to try and buy one
    Last edited by Vadim Beliaev; 01-08-2009 at 09:09 AM.

The Journey Begins..... 18andOver's Avatar
    18andOver is on a distinguished road. (+10) 18andOver is on a distinguished road. (+10) 18andOver is on a distinguished road. (+10) 18andOver is on a distinguished road. (+10) 18andOver is on a distinguished road. (+10) 18andOver is on a distinguished road. (+10) 18andOver is on a distinguished road. (+10) 18andOver is on a distinguished road. (+10) 18andOver is on a distinguished road. (+10) 18andOver is on a distinguished road. (+10) 18andOver is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
    cutler's money mostly comes from the property he owns.

also, google is a great place to find answers. if you'd tried that you'd know that top prize is 155k and a car.
    if you'd tried , you'd know that alot of bodybuilders, in addition to getting money from winning shows are sponsored and therefore get paid hefty contract salaries not only for repping the company but also bonuses for winning shows, making appearances, selling their videos, etc.... cutler and coleman definitely make into the millions.
    3/4/2010 Finally squatted 315lbs all the way down to the flat bench. 340lbs here i come!!!

"Dexter Jackson didnt win the olympia in 2008, I gave the title to him." - Jay Cutler

Jeebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeebs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeebs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by OntarioDerek View Post
    I remember watching a video of Jay culter showing up to the gym and he was in a little white 95 toyota tercel.. now he owns a BMW X5 (white)
    Jay's got a few cars....most of them are pretty fly as well.

CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000)
    well there you go

even having around 12 clients a day (which is possible and very doable for any pro) can rack you around $800 daily or more looking at how much some pros charge. Which is about 4k weekly and almost 200k a year.
    and training motivated clients is also very rewarding IMO and a pleasurable job to have.

Even crazier thing to do - travel to a country such as Emirates or Kuwait or Bahrain, and find yourself a sheikh interested in a personal trainer.
    You will be made for life if you manage to pull this off and being an IFBB pro i dont think that would be too hard to do.
    Not to mention that those countries are crazy on bodybuilding, have the ideal conditions, some of the best gyms in the world and of course, over the counter "supplements".

really no pro bber should be crying over financial problems, you have the biggest asset in your body, something that is very sought after nowadays by those who dont have good bodies but have the money to try and buy one
    x2 its all in the head bro....u HAVE to make things happen

bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There have been so many intellegent replies here that it seems hard NOT to make money doing what most of us do. Personal training, whether over the internet or in person, seems like the most obvious route to take, but there are many other options, from the likely to the unlikely (Arnold with acting, anyone?). If someone really wants to make a living and put forth the effort, the career and lifestyle are waiting
    Bodybuilding literally saved my life.

Lift Starting/Current
    Squat 160/365
    Deadlift 150/455
    Bench 140/315
    DB Overhead Press 30's/85's

Registered User Contract Killer's Avatar
    Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000)
    What? They get paid now? Pics or it didn't happen.

s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think Ronnie Coleman, as others have mentioned, is in a bad financial state. The guy can barely afford his house, family, food, a Bentley Continental GT, Hummer, Escalade, Some SRT-8 Dodge, all with huge 20"-28" wheels and high quality sound systems.

Frank McGrath on the other hand- who is I am assuming only sponsored by Universal- drives a POS earlier generation X5 that is beat to death. I think he bought it salvaged. His wife is hot as hell though.
    Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.

siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I wish it lasted, forever.

Zane_Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zane_Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zane_Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zane_Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zane_Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zane_Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zane_Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zane_Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zane_Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zane_Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zane_Fan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by siersy View Post
    hahaha Heath is mad gangster
    There is no conclusive evidence that clicking the dumbbells together when doing presses, or slamming them down when you're finished your set, will make your chest bigger. Please stop.

BRB workin on my front squat

GETURSWELLON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GETURSWELLON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GETURSWELLON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GETURSWELLON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GETURSWELLON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GETURSWELLON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GETURSWELLON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GETURSWELLON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GETURSWELLON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GETURSWELLON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GETURSWELLON has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    well there you go

awesome post
    OBSESSION IS A TERM LAZY PEOPLE USE TO DESCRIBE THE DEDICATED!