Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    SuperTrouper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperTrouper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperTrouper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperTrouper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperTrouper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperTrouper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperTrouper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperTrouper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperTrouper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperTrouper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperTrouper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

does the tall gene skip a generation

i'm 5'10" and i wanna grow yo be 6' 4 or 5"
    what steps can i take to ensure this.
    my dad isnt as tall as me but my grampa is like over 6 feet.
    so i know the tall gene is in me, i just need a strategy to work with it to my advahntage.
    my brother is taller then me but he's 2 years younger, he's almost 16 and a half.
    well most guys wanna be taller than they are even if people are telling me that 5 '10 isnt that short but i wanna be taller as every guy does...
    ~~~-----~~~-----~~~-----~~~-----~~

............./??/)
    ............/....// .......^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    .........../....// ....../......__...........__.......\
    ...../??/..../??\.....(-....(.0.).......(.0.).....-)
    .././.../..../..../.|_...?.........../_.................?
    (.(....(....(..../.)..)..\..........____........../
    .\................\/../ ....\........................../
    ..\................./........\__________/

Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1. ) Nothing you do is going to ensure you will get taller.

2. ) You could try to convince a doctor to prescribe you some HgH, you'd have to convince him though, because, that is normally for really short people... Like me

3. ) I didn't think most guys want to be taller... Insecure? I'm 5'1, so your pretty tall, comparably.

Bigbruiser79 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigbruiser79 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigbruiser79 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigbruiser79 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigbruiser79 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigbruiser79 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigbruiser79 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigbruiser79 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    there is pretty much nothing you can do to get taller(besides HGH). it is pretty much all genetics. usually you get your height from your mom's mom's genes. being 5 10 and being 18 you have at most one to two more years to grow and the chance of a huge growth spurt isnt really likely. I figure at most you will probably grow to 6 1 if your lucky.
    Former collegiate Athlete

Meet Pr's(@220) all time (~280)
    bench: 352.5 385
    squat:475 485
    Deadlift: 540 Twinlab MILITIA Member

TSN 12 Week SHred LoG: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167216191&p=1356731291#post1356731291

SuperTrouper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperTrouper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperTrouper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperTrouper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperTrouper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperTrouper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperTrouper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperTrouper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperTrouper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperTrouper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperTrouper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Shoo Head View Post

2. ) You could try to convince a doctor to prescribe you some HgH, you'd have to convince him though, because, that is normally for really short people... Like me

3. ) I didn't think most guys want to be taller... Insecure? I'm 5'1, so your pretty tall, comparably.
    did your doctor give you hgh and did it work. and how much does it cost. is it an injection or a tablet.

............./??/)

SuperMax07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperMax07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperMax07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperMax07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperMax07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperMax07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperMax07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperMax07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperMax07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperMax07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperMax07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Cool

Taller people have a tougher time getting jizzacked!

BULK TIME

Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SuperTrouper View Post
    did your doctor give you hgh and did it work. and how much does it cost. is it an injection or a tablet.
    He would have ( actually, he offered to ), but I told him that I did not want them. They came as an injection, and they do have a very high success rate.

Originally Posted by Bigbruiser79 View Post
    there is pretty much nothing you can do to get taller(besides HGH). it is pretty much all genetics. usually you get your height from your mom's mom's genes. being 5 10 and being 18 you have at most one to two more years to grow and the chance of a huge growth spurt isnt really likely. I figure at most you will probably grow to 6 1 if your lucky.
    you are so lucky. you are 6'3" and only 17. you will grow to be about 6' 5" .
    dude your so lucky. lots of chicks for you

............./??/)

He would have ( actually, he offered to ), but I told him that I did not want them. They came as an injection, and they do have a very high success rate.
    why would you decline that. your only 5'1"
    how tall could he make you.
    i'll research hgh on the internet and buy it off there if my doc doesn't subscribe this to me.

............./??/)

desolate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desolate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desolate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desolate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desolate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desolate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desolate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't think there's much you can do about height since genetics plays such a huge role. I hate it too because my younger brother is taller than me by an inch or two. I'm 5'5" and I don't think I'll be getting any taller. The best thing to do is to make sure you have good nutrition going into your body so your body can utilize it's growing potential to the highest. Other than that just be happy and work with what you have.

you are so lucky. you are 6'3" and only 17. you will grow to be about 6' 5" .
    dude your so lucky. lots of chicks for you
    hahahahahaha...

Confidence gets girls, don't let the stereotypical, women only go for tall people myth get to you... It isn't true.

STUD ent. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SuperMax07 View Post
    Taller people have a tougher time getting jizzacked!
    I agree!

You can't will yourself into growing taller, but eating right will definitely improve your chances of growing to your full genetically predetermined height. Getting adequate vitamins and minerals every day will help, so if you aren't already, take a multivitamin.
    Rome wasn't built in a day and neither is your body.

why would you decline that. your only 5'1"
    how tall could he make you.
    i'll research hgh on the internet and buy it off there if my doc doesn't subscribe this to me.
    I have no reason to get taller, I'm perfectly happy with my height. I have a pretty muscular build, women like me, and they always have stools to climb to get stuff off the top shelf, if you ever have to, so...

Anyways... I would have probably gotten about 6'0, or higher...

Originally Posted by STUD ent. View Post
    I agree!

You can't will yourself into growing taller, but eating right will definitely improve your chances of growing to your full genetically predetermined height. Getting adequate vitamins and minerals every day will help, so if you aren't already, take a multivitamin.
    lol, here's another 6'6" guy.
    how does it feel to be that tall, great huh

............./??/)

iam fuzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iam fuzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iam fuzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iam fuzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iam fuzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iam fuzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iam fuzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iam fuzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iam fuzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iam fuzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iam fuzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Taller people are usually a lot easier to drop. They got nice long lanky legs with a wide open knee.

-fuzz
    Cutting Goal : 185-190lbs
    11/06/09 : 184lbs
    12/06/09 : 189lbs
    01/06/10 : 194lbs
    02/06/10 : 196lbs
    03/06/10 : 195lbs
    04/06/10 : 199lbs
    05/06/10 : 201lbs
    06/06/10 : 198lbs
    07/06/10 : 195lbs

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
    -Socrates

MY LOG @ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120191531

Originally Posted by iam fuzz View Post
    Taller people are usually a lot easier to drop. They got nice long lanky legs with a wide open knee.

-fuzz
    wrong. tall guys naturally have big muscular legs because it has to support there frame

............./??/)

KINGJAMES23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGJAMES23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGJAMES23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGJAMES23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGJAMES23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGJAMES23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGJAMES23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGJAMES23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGJAMES23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGJAMES23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KINGJAMES23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There isn't really anything reasonable you can do. Just be happy at 5'10 and try to never think about it, cause you remember you have absolutley no control over your height. But you do have control over how big your muscles get so try and only focus on things you can personally change.

And to be honest with you, at 18, you're probably not even going to grow another inch.

wrong. tall guys naturally have big muscular legs because it has to support there frame
    Wrong. I've seen more tall people with lanky-ass, bony-ass legs than any short people I've been around.

One thing to keep in mind, when thinking of tall vs. small, have you ever stirred up a wasp? If you did, he probably tore your ass up, I'm I correct? That's because you couldn't get your hands on the little booger, that's exactly how short people are.

Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That's not true at all. Your diet while growing up has a major impact on it. What you can do is start practicing good habbits early on. What you eat in your formulative years will shape your entire life.

hahahahahaha...

Confidence gets girls, don't let the stereotypical, women only go for tall people myth get to you... It isn't true.
    It's a lot easier to be confident when you're not short.

Originally Posted by KINGJAMES23 View Post
    And to be honest with you, at 18, you're probably not even going to grow another inch.
    I don't buy that. People grow into their mid 20's, at least. That's been my observation. I find it hard to believe that every tall 20-something guy I see has been that exact height since 18. There aren't that many tall 18-year-olds as 20-somethings.
    Last edited by Al Shades; 03-22-2007 at 05:07 PM.

Originally Posted by Al Shades View Post
    That's not true at all. Your diet while growing up has a major impact on it. What you can do is start practicing good habbits early on. What you eat in your formulative years will shape your entire life.

It's a lot easier to be confident when you're not short.

I don't buy that. People grow into their mid 20's, at least. That's been my observation. I find it hard to believe that every tall 20-something guy I see has been that exact height since 18. There aren't that many tall 18-year-olds as 20-somethings.
    1. ) That still doesn't ensure that you will get taller, at an early age, yes, but not at 18 y/o.

2. ) Only if you allow society to brain-wash you into thinking that being taller, is some how more appealing. Like I've said, just don't worry about it, the only think that's different ( besides height ), is the psychological outlook that on has on himself. If you truly have the psychological view, that you yourself are just as good as everyone else, you are.

For all those who believe what I am saying, or for those who lack confidence in themselves, check out Neuro Linguistic Programming. It will definitly help.

Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1. ) That still doesn't ensure that you will get taller, at an early age, yes, but not at 18 y/o.

2. ) Only if you allow society to brain-wash you into thinking that being taller, is some how more appealing. Like I've said, just don't worry about it, the only think that's different ( besides height ), is the psychological outlook that on has on himself. If you truly have the psychological view, that you yourself are just as good as everyone else, you are.

For all those who believe what I am saying, or for those who lack confidence in themselves, check out Neuro Linguistic Programming. It will definitly help.
    1. If you have been malnourished during your early teens and you take steps to correct this by the time you are 18, it is possible for the body to "make up" some of the lost growth. Time is of the essence and the sooner one adopts a healthy regimen, the sturdier he will be in the long term.

2. Society? What is that? I don't need "society" to tell me that tall people are genetically fit any more than I'd need someone to tell me when to get an erection. It is a fact of nature that everyone is programmed to recognize. This doesn't mean that short people can't have confidence. However, they must find other sources of personal confidence to make up for what they lack in height. These are separate issues for the most part, except that it's a forgone conclusion that people who are beautiful or genetically fit tend to have more confidence than those who aren't.

1. If you have been malnourished during your early teens and you take steps to correct this by the time you are 18, it is possible for the body to "make up" some of the lost growth. Time is of the essence and the sooner one adopts a healthy regimen, the sturdier he will be in the long term.

2. Society? What is that? I don't need "society" to tell me that tall people are genetically fit any more than I'd need someone to tell me when to get an erection. It is a fact of nature that everyone is programmed to recognize. This doesn't mean that short people can't have confidence. However, they must find other sources of personal confidence to make up for what they lack in height. These are separate issues for the most part, except that it's a forgone conclusion that people who are beautiful or genetically fit tend to have more confidence than those who aren't.
    1. ) You need to read my other post.

2. ) Tall people are not "genetically fit". Your argument contains no substance at all. Try again.

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm 5'5'' maybe I can get some GH

The substance of my argument is the nearly-unequivocal opinion of most of mankind.

By the way, where did you hear that artificial GH supplementation could have potentially increased your height by 11 inches? That, too me, sounds unbelievable.

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The substance of my argument is the nearly-unequivocal opinion of most of mankind.

By the way, where did you hear that artificial GH supplementation could have potentially increased your height by 11 inches? That, too me, sounds unbelievable.
    Actually it usually only works if you're not done growing yet, and mainly if you have a condition where your natural GH is lower than normal. My animal science teacher last semester said he had cousins that were twins but one was 6 inches shorter. He went to the doctor and it turned out his GH levels were lower than they were supposed to be. So he got a few series of shots, had a growth spurt, and caught up with his twin.

Originally Posted by stealth_swimmer View Post
    Actually it usually only works if you're not done growing yet, and mainly if you have a condition where your natural GH is lower than normal. My animal science teacher last semester said he had cousins that were twins but one was 6 inches shorter. He went to the doctor and it turned out his GH levels were lower than they were supposed to be. So he got a few series of shots, had a growth spurt, and caught up with his twin.
    Yea, that's why he said I could've grown that much, because I was offered it when I was 14. Although some older people, such as 18 y/o, do use it to sqeeze out an extra couple of inches, before they completely quit growing.

$w!ft will become famous soon enough. (+50) $w!ft will become famous soon enough. (+50) $w!ft will become famous soon enough. (+50) $w!ft will become famous soon enough. (+50) $w!ft will become famous soon enough. (+50) $w!ft will become famous soon enough. (+50) $w!ft will become famous soon enough. (+50) $w!ft will become famous soon enough. (+50) $w!ft will become famous soon enough. (+50) $w!ft will become famous soon enough. (+50) $w!ft will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yea, that's why he said I could've grown that much, because I was offered it when I was 14. Although some older people, such as 18 y/o, do use it to sqeeze out an extra couple of inches, before they completely quit growing.

I wouldnt worry if i was you. I was your height at age 15, and now im 18 at 6'2" at 18 years old. I had a huge natural growth spurt. Id wait till youre about 17 before taking anything.

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by iam fuzz View Post

-fuzz
    lol u are such a ass

Originally Posted by $w!ft View Post
    I wouldnt worry if i was you. I was your height at age 15, and now im 18 at 6'2" at 18 years old. I had a huge natural growth spurt. Id wait till youre about 17 before taking anything.
    I was talking to the guy that had questioned me previously, personally, I don't care if I get any taller...

Thanks for the encouragement though.

pollykok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pollykok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pollykok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pollykok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pollykok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pollykok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pollykok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pollykok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pollykok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pollykok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pollykok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There gets a point where you start looking like a freak when your so tall, 6'4-6'5 and up.

Brokensteel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brokensteel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brokensteel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brokensteel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brokensteel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brokensteel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brokensteel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brokensteel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brokensteel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brokensteel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brokensteel has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This thread makes me laugh. We have people talking about taking HGH, ignoring the fact that their body is producing hormones out the ass. We have a moron trying to argue that tall people are more "genetically fit", and then we have a guy talking about how easy it is to drop tall people (which is true).
    ***BMBC***

Get HYOOGE or Die Tryin'

April '09...It WILL be done.