missflexgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missflexgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missflexgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missflexgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missflexgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missflexgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missflexgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missflexgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missflexgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missflexgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missflexgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face Im needed to lean out whats the best fat burner to help me?

i do 45 min cardio 6 days a week and weight lift 4 of those six. I am 5'4 248 pounds i started at 264 so u can see my progress so far. I want to lose all my extra weight and evetually compete next year sometime. I eat healthy mostly and i have dramtically changed my portions. I ate only a cup of food every time I ate for around 2 weeks, and now it seems like i had gastric bypass with out the surgery lol. I love cardio and weight training so theres no pulling teeth to get me to do something. I just need that extra boost of energy and that extra pound or two to come off on weight in on Mondays. Any pointers let me know, I am currently looking at Lipo 6X, AMP, hydroxycut hardcore for my fat burners. Hope to hear from many of your insights.
    I cant stand these ppl useing this awsome site to be EYECANDY! WTF

MISSFLEXGR

ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Why don't you concentrate on getting your diet plan perfected first? A clean diet and the exercise plan you are doing should do the trick. The fat should melt off you. Save using supplements, if you even need them, until a time when you reach a serious plateau.
    RIP My Beloved Son: March 2000 ~ June 2008.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
    - Thomas A. Edison

"It's a lifestyle: train like there is no finish line."
    - Steve Katai

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by missflexgr View Post
    i do 45 min cardio 6 days a week and weight lift 4 of those six. I am 5'4 248 pounds i started at 264 so u can see my progress so far. I want to lose all my extra weight and evetually compete next year sometime. I eat healthy mostly and i have dramtically changed my portions. I ate only a cup of food every time I ate for around 2 weeks, and now it seems like i had gastric bypass with out the surgery lol. I love cardio and weight training so theres no pulling teeth to get me to do something. I just need that extra boost of energy and that extra pound or two to come off on weight in on Mondays. Any pointers let me know, I am currently looking at Lipo 6X, AMP, hydroxycut hardcore for my fat burners. Hope to hear from many of your insights.
    How much weight are you losing each week now? Your target should be between 1-2 lbs a week for healthy fat loss.

Also, what is your diet like? Specifically, how many meals and what foods at each meal? Diet is the single biggest reason people struggle with weight loss.

I would not be in a big hurry to try a fat burner until you get your diet checked out. Sometimes a simple adjustment in timing or macros can make all the difference.

If you do decide to look at fat burners, I would suggest trying one without stimulants at first (like sesamin, CLA, etc) to see if you have any success. This way you don't mess around too much with your metabolism with stims. Also, don't stay on a single fat burner for too long (4-6 weeks is good), as your body will adjust to it and it will become less effective. Switch to another one, or just take a break and then after a few weeks, try it again.
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Best thing you can do is invest in a good personal trainer who will put you on track and teach you good eating habits and write you an appropriate workout regimen. Not that im trying to advertise myself here, its just really the best investment you can make at the moment. Buying supplements while not following a good diet just equates to wasted money.

missflexgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missflexgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missflexgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missflexgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missflexgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missflexgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missflexgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missflexgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missflexgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missflexgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missflexgr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the info, as for my diet it is pretty nice now i eat 5-6 small meals a day alot of veggies and protiens and one protien shake a day! My calories range from 1200-1500 a day I just ate a mix of red bell peper zuccini n squashs sauted in olive oil and with 8 shrimp is that healthy enough?
    I cant stand these ppl useing this awsome site to be EYECANDY! WTF

MISSFLEXGR

ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks for the info, as for my diet it is pretty nice now i eat 5-6 small meals a day alot of veggies and protiens and one protien shake a day! My calories range from 1200-1500 a day I just ate a mix of red bell peper zuccini n squashs sauted in olive oil and with 8 shrimp is that healthy enough?
    You need to be sure that the cals you are eating fit with what you should be eating daily for fat loss. 1200-1500cals a day at your weight sounds like undereating. You will lose weight like this, but it won't be a lot of fat. If you do it that way too fast, you may have loose skin to contend with too.
    RIP My Beloved Son: March 2000 ~ June 2008.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
    - Thomas A. Edison

"It's a lifestyle: train like there is no finish line."
    - Steve Katai

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    A good place to start is to make sure 40% of your calories are from clean protein sources, 40% from clean, unprocessed carbs, and 20% from healthy fats. This should be for the whole day and also for each meal (as close as possible).

Also, make sure you are getting 1 gram of protein for each lb of bodyweight. Spread this out throughout the day in your 5-6 meals.

I agree with Vadim that you should get someone to take a careful look at your diet and exercise plan to make sure you are doing the best you can. This investment is worth a whole truckload of supplements.

I also agree with ScottC that 1200 calories is too little for someone who weighs 248. You want to make sure you are feeding the muscles, but burning the fat. In order to do this you cannot put your body into starvation mode or else it will fight you all the way and you will lose more muscle than you care to.

You can also start by reading the stickies at the top of the fat loss forum page for some good starting info.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=81315

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=538637

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=301683

Good luck! Stick to your goals and you will love the results!
    Last edited by little_dan; 03-17-2007 at 04:15 PM.
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Congrats on your progress! It sounds like you're on the right track! Here's my $0.02 since you asked :

Losing fat is a stressful process. It takes a ton of discipline to stay with it, it can make you tired and cranky, it requires major lifestyle changes, and it's easy to convince yourself that you're getting nowhere or that you're doing something wrong. Sometimes diet pills are appealing because they might ensure that all the hard work in losing the weight will yield the maximum payoff. They are very tempting because of all of their promises, substantiated or not.

In my opinion, weight loss does not come from taking the pills. It comes from mental strength and confidence (which pills usually facilitate as a placebo side effect). Remember that countless people have been exactly where you are and have succeeded -- you must always maintain the confidence that you are on the right track, and maintain the winning attitude that will carry through to achieve your goal.

Take a look at my avatar. This picture was taken around 2002, before I knew anything about bodybuilding. I am not naturally that lean; this was the first time I explicitly modified my diet to chisel out. The only supplement I was taking was a *single* packet of Met-Rx protein powder every day. In fact, here's what my diet looked like (hardly a bodybuilder's diet):

Meal 1: Bowl of oats w/ some skim milk, one banana
    Meal 2: Bowl of Progresso soup, 2 pieces whole wheat toast, banana or an apple
    Meal 3: Refried bean wrap w/ salsa and sometimes cheddar cheese
    Meal 4: Pesto pasta w/ chicken, ceasar salad
    Meal 5 (pre workout): PowerBar (or two, depending on hunger factor)
    Meal 6 (post workout): 1 packet Met-Rx protein powder

I lifted weights in the evening using a lower/upper split, and I would run 3 to 7 miles on the off-days. On days when my legs were too fried to run, I would either take a break or use the speed bag at the gym. I also walked to and from classes and everywhere else, which probably added up to 1 to 2 hours of walking every day.

As you might have guessed, I usually felt a little hungry for most of the day, especially later in the evening after my workouts. But I maintained the discipline and confidence that I was doing the right thing and that I would get results. I just treated each day as its own individual goal, and after several months I attained the long-term goal that I was striving for.

No pills were needed -- just mental toughness and maintaining confidence that I was on the right track.
    100% Natural

boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by little_dan View Post
    How much weight are you losing each week now? Your target should be between 1-2 lbs a week for healthy fat loss.

Also, what is your diet like? Specifically, how many meals and what foods at each meal? Diet is the single biggest reason people struggle with weight loss.

I would not be in a big hurry to try a fat burner until you get your diet checked out. Sometimes a simple adjustment in timing or macros can make all the difference.

If you do decide to look at fat burners, I would suggest trying one without stimulants at first (like sesamin, CLA, etc) to see if you have any success. This way you don't mess around too much with your metabolism with stims. Also, don't stay on a single fat burner for too long (4-6 weeks is good), as your body will adjust to it and it will become less effective. Switch to another one, or just take a break and then after a few weeks, try it again.
    CLA is worthless
    Originally Posted by ScottC View Post
    Why don't you concentrate on getting your diet plan perfected first? A clean diet and the exercise plan you are doing should do the trick. The fat should melt off you. Save using supplements, if you even need them, until a time when you reach a serious plateau.
    ^^^^^^^^^

After diet and training are in check:

SUPPLEMENT BASICS: LEARN MORE HERE

Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Oh yeah, I accidentally left something out of my diet. I was a poor college student, so I would go to Costco with my parents once every quarter to stock up on PowerBars and Nature Valley oats and honey granola bars. I would go through two or three of those granola bars a day as snacks between meals, as well as plenty of apples (always had my grandparents hooking me up with boxes of 'em for free). The granola bars alone added an extra 500 calories or so.
    100% Natural

sexychocolate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help

Help I dont know where to start. I did the calories cout and for me im suppose to eat around 2950calories per day. I walk every day for one hr, but i am not seeing any result. I know i need to get to a gym, and im trying to work that out this week. Do you think you can help me put together a work out plan that i can do at home with my daughter(she is picking up weight also). Any help will be taking to the heart. Thanking you in advance
    Originally Posted by little_dan View Post
    A good place to start is to make sure 40% of your calories are from clean protein sources, 40% from clean, unprocessed carbs, and 20% from healthy fats. This should be for the whole day and also for each meal (as close as possible).

Also, make sure you are getting 1 gram of protein for each lb of bodyweight. Spread this out throughout the day in your 5-6 meals.

I agree with Vadim that you should get someone to take a careful look at your diet and exercise plan to make sure you are doing the best you can. This investment is worth a whole truckload of supplements.

I also agree with ScottC that 1200 calories is too little for someone who weighs 248. You want to make sure you are feeding the muscles, but burning the fat. In order to do this you cannot put your body into starvation mode or else it will fight you all the way and you will lose more muscle than you care to.

You can also start by reading the stickies at the top of the fat loss forum page for some good starting info.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=81315

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=538637

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=301683

Good luck! Stick to your goals and you will love the results!
    ***I'M READY TO LIVE AND NOT JUST EXIST***!!!!!!!

chenrko420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chenrko420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chenrko420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chenrko420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chenrko420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chenrko420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chenrko420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chenrko420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chenrko420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chenrko420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chenrko420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, start with a clean diet. Then you will reach a point where you would need thermogenics to get rid of stubborn fat and that's when you search for thermogenics that have ingredients like yohimbe and etc.

Testicularity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Testicularity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Testicularity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Testicularity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Testicularity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Testicularity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Testicularity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Testicularity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Testicularity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Testicularity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Testicularity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    why is everybody sucking up to a girl? If a guy posted this, everybody would say "use the search button ****head!"

this girl is no different. This is a pathetically stupid thread to waste forum space with, just search already. There are a gazillion threads made by people asking the same dumba$$ question, thinking that fat loss is in a pill.

so with regards to OP, "hoping to hear" of my insights, here it is:

jack3d_brah9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jack3d_brah9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jack3d_brah9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jack3d_brah9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jack3d_brah9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jack3d_brah9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jack3d_brah9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jack3d_brah9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jack3d_brah9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jack3d_brah9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jack3d_brah9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sorry but most fat burners are going to do very little in regards to burn fat, its all gonna come from diet and exercise. Especially being such a high bodyfat percentage the effects are gonna be pretty much nil. diet + exercise + time= results its as simple as that

chenrko420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chenrko420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chenrko420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chenrko420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chenrko420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chenrko420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chenrko420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chenrko420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chenrko420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chenrko420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chenrko420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you must use a thermogenic then go with green tea or green tea extract. Its a lot cheaper than most of the other thermogenics out there.

mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I didn't really go through the whole thread because it seemed to be be a bunch of repetitive, get your diet in check, keep doing what you're doing, etc.

If you are serious about weight loss, have a well kept diet, don't cheat too often, and exercise accordingly.... EC stack. Ephedrine + Caffeine also known as Ephedra is your best bet for a low cost, very effective weight loss supplement. Walk into Walgreens/Rite Aid and pick up either bronkaid or primatene and some caffeine pills, no doze comes to mind. In order to use it effectively and not mess yourself up from overdosing, please see this topic: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=106816881 and this webpage: www.hotnfit.com/ecstack.htm#top

EC stack isn't a miracle in a bottle and only helps to further aid in what you're already doing right. Some other popular supplements are lipo6, reduction and animal cuts. I didn't really like AC and I'm on REDuction. It's helping somewhat (I'm always warm). Haven't really heard much about lipo6 but I'm sure the supplement board can help you out.