b0yer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) b0yer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) b0yer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) b0yer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) b0yer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) b0yer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) b0yer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) b0yer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) b0yer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) b0yer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) b0yer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Cable Crossovers for Upper Chest

I am finding conflicting views on this so I figured I would post it here.

Which crossovers are the best for the upper chest? The ones that start low or the ones that start high.

TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I dont think (for me) either style hits upper chest. Its more of a full pec movement. Alternatively you can bring an incline bench over to the cable cross station and then do cable flies -- That will definitely hit upper pecs

LetsLiftNow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Start high with these closest to upright but leaning forward and hit the upper then go low like a chest dip for that decline variation for the bottom. Think i'm gonna add these to my new chest rotation starting tommor-

Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I prefer to bring an incline bench over to the cable station as suggested above by Tiger. Do them the same as incline dumbbell flies. You'll find it easy to fall into the temptation to bring the fly together across your chest, but to hit them better on the incline, I bring them together straight up over my chest.
    Use the tools of the trade to help you. I use devices such as chalk for grip strength, gloves, wrist straps, lifting belts - if it helps you lift more, it's all good. - Ronnie Coleman, Hardcore, 2007 Triumph Books

Biggest question in bodybuilding: Whaddaya bench? As I've said before, it doesn't matter how much you bench; it matters how much you [i]look[/i] like you bench... There's no round on stage that's the benchpress round. - Bob Chicherillo, World Class Physique, CMG

__Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000)
    A low pulley position. However when I do my crossovers I do 2 sets from each position (low middle and then high). Hitting them from all different angles feels great. Also, pause for a second or so at the end of each rep to get a really good contraction (if you can´t pause at the end of a full ROM rep you´re going too heavy).
    How much grass could an ass to grass squater squat if an ass to grass squater could squat grass?

iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I only like cable crossovers with them at around maybe slightly over shoulder height using perfect form.. I feel this hits the chest the best. Doing them from below feels like I am doing some sort of weird bicep curl chest crossover hybrid bs
    Weighted pullups = 195 lbs x1
    Weighted dips = 225 lbs x2
    Squat = 405 x2

bashbegginer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bashbegginer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bashbegginer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bashbegginer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bashbegginer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bashbegginer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bashbegginer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bashbegginer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bashbegginer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bashbegginer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bashbegginer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    high usually is to concentrate more of the tension on the lower portion of the pec. Low cable will help with upper portion but personally i have trouble getting the lowcable(upper chest) variation to work for me... would rather do incline db flies
    Purus Labs Online Representative

Erganomicz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Erganomicz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Erganomicz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Erganomicz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Erganomicz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Erganomicz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Erganomicz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Erganomicz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Erganomicz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Erganomicz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Crossovers can't hit the upper pec directly, only partially (and that requires a low starting point and squeezing up as you bring your hands together). How your pecs are hit, which most people don't realize when using cables, depends on the angle of yourupper body in relation to your lower body.

For targetting upper pecs in a bench press, your upper body is angled towards your legs at an incline, therefore cables should be no different. Lean forward while keeping the track of your cables constant with your ordinary flat crossover. This will change the angle of the movement and target your upper pecs.

To target the lower pecs, simply do the opposite, as during decline bench your upper body is angled away at a decline from your legs. Since most people can't bend backwards and stay stable while performing cable flyes, start with a higher starting position and squeeze at a downwards (but still outwards) angle.

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Erganomicz View Post
    Crossovers can't hit the upper pec directly, only partially (and that requires a low starting point and squeezing up as you bring your hands together).
    Why would this only be partial and not fully?

bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by __Iceman__ View Post
    A low pulley position. However when I do my crossovers I do 2 sets from each position (low middle and then high). Hitting them from all different angles feels great. Also, pause for a second or so at the end of each rep to get a really good contraction (if you can´t pause at the end of a full ROM rep you´re going too heavy).
    ^ this

low pully position, but all angles even better
    Your life won't change until you change.