Cotton0317 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best order to work muscle groups?

Currently this is my schedule:

Monday: Legs
    Tuesday: Shoulders
    Wednesday: Chest/Tris
    Thursday: Back/Bis
    Friday: Core/Abs
    Sat/Sun: Off

I was just wondering if I should make any alterations?

Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I like to do legs on Friday so I don't have to walk like I got butt raped during the week.
    When you think you’re done you’re only 40% into what your body is capable of doing and that’s just the limits that we put on ourselves. - David Goggins

*Misc Cologne Crew*

sylkkdaskr will become famous soon enough. (+50) sylkkdaskr will become famous soon enough. (+50) sylkkdaskr will become famous soon enough. (+50) sylkkdaskr will become famous soon enough. (+50) sylkkdaskr will become famous soon enough. (+50) sylkkdaskr will become famous soon enough. (+50) sylkkdaskr will become famous soon enough. (+50) sylkkdaskr will become famous soon enough. (+50) sylkkdaskr will become famous soon enough. (+50) sylkkdaskr will become famous soon enough. (+50) sylkkdaskr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    lulz, i do em on thursday, so i can function saturday night. dont wanna give dudes the wrong signal ... strong no homo

Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Chest
    Legs
    Shoulders
    Back
    Arms
    Alcoholism is the only disease that you can get yelled at for having.

spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Cotton0317 View Post

Change it.
    Originally Posted by Space_Lord View Post
    Chest
    Legs
    Shoulders
    Back
    Arms
    LOL this is my EXACT split. Mon-Fri.

Give this a shot OP, I've been doing well with this. Monday's chest work shouldn't fry out your front delts too bad for Wednesday's delt work. Only thing on wednesday is the rear delt work, which may have an effect on back work cause they are used in your rowing/pulling motions. Bi's might be affected a bit, too, but you can just toss them in some other time whenever you want, IMO.

Figure out what feels good.

Big compounds ---> isolation work.

badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Cotton0317 View Post

idk id do it like get the three big bodyparts out of the way so something like

Chest/tris

back/bis

legs

shoulders

core/abs

off
    In Hoots We Trust.

LS2Stew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LS2Stew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LS2Stew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LS2Stew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Curls - bench - curls - bench - lat pulldowns - curls - bench - curls - bench

BuffMister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuffMister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuffMister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuffMister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuffMister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuffMister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuffMister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuffMister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuffMister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuffMister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuffMister has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Mon: legs
    Tues:chest/bi
    wedff
    thurs:back/tri
    friff
    sat:shoulders/traps

d16daily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d16daily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d16daily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d16daily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d16daily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d16daily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d16daily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d16daily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d16daily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d16daily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d16daily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    chest
    back
    legs
    shoulders
    arms
    off
    off
    "A big guy don't need floor poses... that's only for midgets."

-Lee Haney

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    But if you work the muscles on different days, I don't see how it makes much difference what order you do it in. Or does it?

d16daily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d16daily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d16daily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d16daily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d16daily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d16daily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d16daily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d16daily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d16daily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d16daily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d16daily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by matjusm View Post
    But if you work the muscles on different days, I don't see how it makes much difference what order you do it in. Or does it?
    well I put legs in the middle of my workout so my upperbody get at least 1 day "off" during the 5 days straight of gym.

that way upperbody doesn't get "overworked"

i dunno if that makes sense, but thats how I do it
    "A big guy don't need floor poses... that's only for midgets."

-Lee Haney

Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by spot_skater View Post
    Change it.

LOL this is my EXACT split. Mon-Fri.

Give this a shot OP, I've been doing well with this. Monday's chest work shouldn't fry out your front delts too bad for Wednesday's delt work. Only thing on wednesday is the rear delt work, which may have an effect on back work cause they are used in your rowing/pulling motions. Bi's might be affected a bit, too, but you can just toss them in some other time whenever you want, IMO.

Figure out what feels good.

Big compounds ---> isolation work.
    I probably stole it from you. I found it posted somewhere on this site..can't remember where.
    Alcoholism is the only disease that you can get yelled at for having.

kobrien21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kobrien21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kobrien21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kobrien21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kobrien21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kobrien21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kobrien21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kobrien21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kobrien21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kobrien21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kobrien21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I do:

Mon- Back
    Tue- Legs
    Wed- Chest
    Thurs- Off
    Fri- Arms
    Sat- Off
    Sunday- Off
    I got tree fiddy problems but a white knight aint one.

Private Kobrien21- PIITB Army

MISC Tatertot Crew (3-31-09) We Will Never Forget

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    By the way, is there anyone here who doesn't link their workout schedule to what day of the week it is?
    Because so many are listing what muscle they do on a certain day while as I simply have a 3 day split and then rotate through that schedule, regardless of what day of the week it is.

wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I change it up a bit, but this is generally it:

Mon - Chest/Tri's/cardio
    Tues - Back
    Wed - Legs
    Thurs - Shoulders/biceps
    Fri - Off
    Sat - Off
    Sun - Cardio