Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bigsurf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Bodybuilding for Blood Type A

Anyone have any insight as to what the best training strategies are for bodybuilders with blood type A? Apparently type O's respond best to weight training, followed by type B, then AB and A is last on the scale. Type A's are supposed to get tired after intense training while O's are invigorated and relaxed after intense working out. In "Live Right for Your Type", D'Adamo suggests that type A's are better suited to Yoga and meditation rather than intense excercise. Any comments? (Being older was enough of a handicap, I thought)

Anyone know what the blood types of some of the top bodybuilders are? I'm curious to know if there are any top bodybuilders from the present or past who had type A blood..

LColeman is on a distinguished road. (+10) LColeman is on a distinguished road. (+10) LColeman is on a distinguished road. (+10) LColeman is on a distinguished road. (+10) LColeman is on a distinguished road. (+10) LColeman is on a distinguished road. (+10) LColeman is on a distinguished road. (+10) LColeman is on a distinguished road. (+10) LColeman is on a distinguished road. (+10) LColeman is on a distinguished road. (+10) LColeman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't know if this could be correct because people with A or B blood could also be O. (They can recieve O blood in an emergency)
    I am blood type B. My Mother is type O and My father is Type B. My husband is type O, and he is beginning to show a bit of bulk, as he's been working out and eating better for a few months. I have been working out the same time he has, and my arms show MORE definition, (And he's a firefighter!)
    I would think body type would have way more to do with it than blood type.

But that's just my thoughts.

Anyone else?

Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't believe this at all.... I'm type A, and weight training is the only thing I like doing. I feel good while doing it. I feel great after.

Yes, yoga is alright, but I have a hard time settling down for it.

Edit: I think the training strategy should be about the same for A's as for other people.
    I might be out of the woods...

Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Question

Huh? Learn this from a palm reader or something like the New England Journal of Medicine? References please.

Onomatopoeia == good buzz bhaputi's Avatar
    bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wow - sounds snake oilish to me....

muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just take Baldsnakes advice " lift, eat, sleep, and repeat", save the blood type for when you need to have a transeussion.
    "It really is as simple as Eat, Lift, Sleep, Repeat". Buckspin

Matt

kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Big Surf
    Anyone have any insight as to what the best training strategies are for bodybuilders with blood type A? Apparently type O's respond best to weight training, followed by type B, then AB and A is last on the scale. Type A's are supposed to get tired after intense training while O's are invigorated and relaxed after intense working out. In "Live Right for Your Type", D'Adamo suggests that type A's are better suited to Yoga and meditation rather than intense excercise. Any comments?
    I just googled d'Adamo (www.dadamo.com) and looked through his website. Your statement appears to be taken out of context:

Originally Posted by d'adamo website FAQ
    Why are different exercises recommended for people with different blood types?

The exercise recommendations are focused on improving total systemic health, mainly the functioning of the organs, glands, immune and circulatory systems of the body; as opposed to building muscle tissue (which can be viewed as a pleasant side effect). What strenuous exercise does for type O, yoga does for type A, and aerobic exercise does for type B and AB. Exercise recommendations are made with a general bias toward a person with a sedentary lifestyle. The link between blood type, stress and exercise is discussed in Live Right 4 Your Type.
    So regardless of the efficacy of "the blood type diet" ( ), Dr. D'Adamo has built his whole protocol for sedentary people who want to lose weight, as opposed to people with very specific fitness goals.

But if someone wants to use his "Type A's should do Yoga" as an excuse for staying out of the gym then I guess that's their choice. Personally, being a Type A hasn't seemed to affect my ability to add muscle after the age of 40...

bb.com forum member #44253

Nothing in this world worth having comes easy

Herophilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Herophilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Herophilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Herophilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Herophilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Herophilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Herophilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Herophilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Herophilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Herophilus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Herophilus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Revmachine21 View Post
    I don't believe this at all.... I'm type A, and weight training is the only thing I like doing. I feel good while doing it. I feel great after.

Yes, yoga is alright, but I have a hard time settling down for it.

Edit: I think the training strategy should be about the same for A's as for other people.

x2. (A- Here). Hasn't effected my intensity, drive or progress in the gym.
    "Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

-Albert Einstein

Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    See, now I'd like to get a look at some of these stats -- just to debunk this junk.

Someone show me some hard scientific evidence that PROVES there's a biochemical difference between the blood types. Please? And yet people buy into this stuff!

Sorry, bigsurf...it's just a bunch of hogwash.

farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000)
    lmao

joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by kimsquit View Post
    So regardless of the efficacy of "the blood type diet" ( ), Dr. D'Adamo has built his whole protocol for sedentary people who want to lose weight, as opposed to people with very specific fitness goals....Personally, being a Type A hasn't seemed to affect my ability to add muscle after the age of 40...
    Nor has it stopped you from winning a welterweight championship recently.

A couple of decades ago there was a big marketing hoopla about "Type A" personalities being more prone to heart attacks than others. Research into the topic, and common sense, showed it to be another puff of hot air.

Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bigsurf View Post
    Apparently type O's respond best to weight training, followed by type B, then AB and A is last on the scale. Type A's are supposed to get tired after intense training while O's are invigorated and relaxed after intense working out. In "Live Right for Your Type", D'Adamo suggests that type A's are better suited to Yoga and meditation rather than intense excercise.
    Pseudo scientific nonsense!

You won't find any research papers published in reputable refereed scientific journals that that back this up. (Though that criticism could probably be leveled at much of body building lore too). In any case it is D'Adamo's own wacky theory it is not part of mainstream scientific knowledge or for that matter mainstream body building knowledge (or lore).

Being the product of one man's imagination rather than an aspect of reality it may therefor be difficult finding someone here who can explain how it works further than what you have already read in the guy's book.
    Last edited by Reality_Check; 06-29-2007 at 11:00 PM.

KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Athena, here is a personal experience....

Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    See, now I'd like to get a look at some of these stats -- just to debunk this junk.

Someone show me some hard scientific evidence that PROVES there's a biochemical difference between the blood types. Please? And yet people buy into this stuff!

Sorry, bigsurf...it's just a bunch of hogwash.
    I'll relate a personal experience I had using D'adamo's guidelines. I don't have a scientific background (other than as an interested layman) but here is my experience. Over three years ago I was living essentially a sedentary lifestyle. As an ex-athelete who had not trained in ten years I had been gaining BF fairly steadily. I decided to diet (no training yet) and went on a typical mod carb cal deprivation diet. While eating less than 3,000 cal/per day I still gained weight. In fact, I'd say that I gained nearly 50 lbs while following that plan. I was clearly insulin-resistant, and I suspect, sliding into type II diabetes. At least, in retrospect, I realise I had all the symptoms.

I picked up a copy of D'adamo's book and started following it. I did not limit my cals, but merely followed the guidelines. Within a week I felt much better and started losing weight. In fact, within the next two years, I lost over 140lbs. of BF. All without limiting cals. Once I got back down to a reasonable weight, I was able to start training again, and follow a ketogenic diet.

I'm not saying that D'adamo is totally correct, but that he does have merit, and is worth considering instead of an outright dismissal. After all, he basically is advocating a protein/fat based diet, much in line with Eades, Atkins, South Beach, Zone, etc. Which clearly have an evolutionary basis. Just my thoughts....
    I'll take arrogance and the inevitable hubris over self-doubt and lack of confidence, anyday.......

farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000)
    All the diets you listed are great if they work for people but I always wonder what happened to simply eating a well balanced diet and exercising regulary versus avoiding cetain foods completely?

Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KLMARB View Post
    I'll relate a personal experience I had using D'adamo's guidelines. I don't have a scientific background (other than as an interested layman) but here is my experience. Over three years ago I was living essentially a sedentary lifestyle. As an ex-athelete who had not trained in ten years I had been gaining BF fairly steadily. I decided to diet (no training yet) and went on a typical mod carb cal deprivation diet. While eating less than 3,000 cal/per day I still gained weight. In fact, I'd say that I gained nearly 50 lbs while following that plan. I was clearly insulin-resistant, and I suspect, sliding into type II diabetes. At least, in retrospect, I realise I had all the symptoms.

I picked up a copy of D'adamo's book and started following it. I did not limit my cals, but merely followed the guidelines. Within a week I felt much better and started losing weight. In fact, within the next two years, I lost over 140lbs. of BF. All without limiting cals. Once I got back down to a reasonable weight, I was able to start training again, and follow a ketogenic diet.

I'm not saying that D'adamo is totally correct, but that he does have merit, and is worth considering instead of an outright dismissal. After all, he basically is advocating a protein/fat based diet, much in line with Eades, Atkins, South Beach, Zone, etc. Which clearly have an evolutionary basis. Just my thoughts....
    I won't dispute any results you've had -- everyone responds differently to different diet and training programs. But, again, there's no hard scientific proof that there is a biochemical difference between blood types. What happened for you could happen to lots of other people regardless of blood type.

Until I see an internationally-recognized, referre'd scientific journal publish a study conducted by an independent group with double-blind studies across a diverse group of ethnic individuals (broken out ONLY by blood type), I will continue to say it's hogwash. These diets have been around for 30 years -- that's long enough to do such a study as I've stated, and find the proof (or lack thereof).

As for you, good news on the weight loss! Regardless of which diet you found, you've improved your health and that's what's important.

bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bhaputi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by joed View Post
    Nor has it stopped you from winning a welterweight championship recently.

A couple of decades ago there was a big marketing hoopla about "Type A" personalities being more prone to heart attacks than others. Research into the topic, and common sense, showed it to be another puff of hot air.
    I think you are confusing personality types versus blood types? The OP was claiming that blood type of A means you do not respond as well to weight training.

Type A personalities are the ons that are supposed to be much more prone to stress-related disorders, since type A's tend to stress over everything more in general. As fas as I can recall, this is still believed to be true.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I also heard that blood Type A people are not allowed to vote, not allowed in certain restaurants, have to use specially marked restrooms, and it is predicted that no Type A will ever become President of the USA.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    I also heard that blood Type A people are not allowed to vote, not allowed in certain restaurants, have to use specially marked restrooms, and it is predicted that no Type A will ever become President of the USA.
    Well, that's a bill before Congress right now.

IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by LColeman View Post
    I don't know if this could be correct because people with A or B blood could also be O. (They can recieve O blood in an emergency)
    I am blood type B. My Mother is type O and My father is Type B. My husband is type O, and he is beginning to show a bit of bulk, as he's been working out and eating better for a few months. I have been working out the same time he has, and my arms show MORE definition, (And he's a firefighter!)
    I would think body type would have way more to do with it than blood type.

But that's just my thoughts.

Anyone else?
    Anybody can recieve Type O (as long as the rh matches) because we do not have the A or B antigens in our blood.
    Any workout you can walk away from is a good workout.

IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Anyone have any insight as to what the best training strategies are for bodybuilders with blood type A? Apparently type O's respond best to weight training, followed by type B, then AB and A is last on the scale. Type A's are supposed to get tired after intense training while O's are invigorated and relaxed after intense working out. In "Live Right for Your Type", D'Adamo suggests that type A's are better suited to Yoga and meditation rather than intense excercise. Any comments? (Being older was enough of a handicap, I thought)

Anyone know what the blood types of some of the top bodybuilders are? I'm curious to know if there are any top bodybuilders from the present or past who had type A blood..
    I perused that book while waiting for a prescription to be filled, I was more interested in the diets associated with blood type - as I suspected, I respond best to a carnivorous diet!

KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

I agree about the need for more data....

Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    I won't dispute any results you've had -- everyone responds differently to different diet and training programs. But, again, there's no hard scientific proof that there is a biochemical difference between blood types. What happened for you could happen to lots of other people regardless of blood type.

Until I see an internationally-recognized, referre'd scientific journal publish a study conducted by an independent group with double-blind studies across a diverse group of ethnic individuals (broken out ONLY by blood type), I will continue to say it's hogwash. These diets have been around for 30 years -- that's long enough to do such a study as I've stated, and find the proof (or lack thereof).

As for you, good news on the weight loss! Regardless of which diet you found, you've improved your health and that's what's important.
    In fact, I think that most diets and/or eating programs would benefit from more studies. Look at how long Atkins has been around and it was only until recently the Harvard Nurse's Study has validated any of the low-carb claims. As far as D'adamo goes, since I am type "O", I was basically eating a keto-style diet, a practice I continue to this day. I am skeptical about the additional carbs allowed with the other blood types. I suspect his basis is oriented toward eicosanoids and their reaction to what he calls "antigens" but it is not clear to me. At least he isn't pushing a product line, like others...
    I'll take arrogance and the inevitable hubris over self-doubt and lack of confidence, anyday.......

Originally Posted by KLMARB View Post
    In fact, I think that most diets and/or eating programs would benefit from more studies. Look at how long Atkins has been around and it was only until recently the Harvard Nurse's Study has validated any of the low-carb claims. As far as D'adamo goes, since I am type "O", I was basically eating a keto-style diet, a practice I continue to this day. I am skeptical about the additional carbs allowed with the other blood types. I suspect his basis is oriented toward eicosanoids and their reaction to what he calls "antigens" but it is not clear to me. At least he isn't pushing a product line, like others...
    Okay, this isn't good. I'm type O and I avoid most carbs -- I do eat oats and rice, but avoid wheat and pastas (even vegetable pastas), so I guess I'm not Keto-style. I do function well on low carbs and tend to hold too much fat when I'm at a standard amount ("standard" for most people).

I'm logging off and going home before I start to find reasons why this could be valid.

Buggers.

WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bhaputi View Post
    I think you are confusing personality types versus blood types? The OP was claiming that blood type of A means you do not respond as well to weight training.

Type A personalities are the ons that are supposed to be much more prone to stress-related disorders, since type A's tend to stress over everything more in general. As fas as I can recall, this is still believed to be true.
    I think you are confusing this with your horoscope...
    Non Smoker since August 1, 2007

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere. ~ Frank A. Clark

Originally Posted by WeebleNoMore View Post
    The star alignment dictates that I do no cardio this evening. Darn! I was so looking forward to it.

There I just warmed up by 'stretching the truth' NOW onto lifting.

DouglassDoubles will become famous soon enough. (+50) DouglassDoubles will become famous soon enough. (+50) DouglassDoubles will become famous soon enough. (+50) DouglassDoubles will become famous soon enough. (+50) DouglassDoubles will become famous soon enough. (+50) DouglassDoubles will become famous soon enough. (+50) DouglassDoubles will become famous soon enough. (+50) DouglassDoubles will become famous soon enough. (+50) DouglassDoubles will become famous soon enough. (+50) DouglassDoubles will become famous soon enough. (+50) DouglassDoubles will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    I'm not in that count then, cuz I'm Type A POSITIVE

I'm POSITIVE that being Type A+ has NOTHING to do with how my body responds to weight training. I actually LOVE it....
    ~Jen~
    I KNOW I CAN...I KNOW I CAN!!!

bigsurf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I appreciate all the input.

I tend to feel better on the vegetarian/high carb eating recomended for type A rather than carnivorous type O recomendations. I've tried Atkins and the Anabolic Diet and do ok on these but never feel good. I also have an easier time getting lean with more carbs. The weight training always seems to wipe me out for days afterwards.

I'm still betting that most pro bodybuilders are type O or B, but could be wrong..

Frappezlesinge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frappezlesinge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frappezlesinge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frappezlesinge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frappezlesinge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frappezlesinge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frappezlesinge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frappezlesinge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frappezlesinge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frappezlesinge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frappezlesinge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I appreciate all the input.

I'm still betting that most pro bodybuilders are type O or B, but could be wrong..

Type O's the most common blood type, so that's a fairly safe assumption.

Originally Posted by WeebleNoMore View Post
    Why do you say that? Are you saying the whole Type A personality thing is fiction?

Granted, I am no expert, but I thought that was a true thing....

newmexico123 is just really nice. (+1000) newmexico123 is just really nice. (+1000) newmexico123 is just really nice. (+1000) newmexico123 is just really nice. (+1000) newmexico123 is just really nice. (+1000) newmexico123 is just really nice. (+1000) newmexico123 is just really nice. (+1000) newmexico123 is just really nice. (+1000) newmexico123 is just really nice. (+1000) newmexico123 is just really nice. (+1000) newmexico123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm type A - hasn't kept me from kicking ass and taking names!

WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bhaputi View Post
    Why do you say that? Are you saying the whole Type A personality thing is fiction?

Granted, I am no expert, but I thought that was a true thing....
    nah, I was just playin. I don't have any experience with blood type diets... sorry if I struck a nerve.
    Non Smoker since August 1, 2007

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere. ~ Frank A. Clark