Fresh1Prince has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Going out in the weekends

Hi there!

I love going out, I leave the house at around 10PM and return around 4AM. So that's 6 hours out on average, and around 4-5 hours in venue, where I don't have the possibility to eat anything.
    I don't usually drink much, on average I would say 1 or 2 drinks - sometimes 0, sometimes 4.
    When I get home I usually eat some oatmeal, a peanutbutter sandwich or something like that.

I have a really hard time putting on weight, and everytime I get home, get around 8 hours of sleep and wake up, I weight and I have lost around 2 pounds! Is this muscle mass/fat/water weight? Is this really setting me back weight gaining wise?

What can I do to minimize weight loss when going out? (And no, I'm not quitting going it) What can I eat before going out, and what can I eat when I get back? And is there anything I can do throughout the night?

Thanks a lot!!! I really appreciate your help!

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Your bodyweight is a function of daily energy intake. If you want to gain weight, eat more.

Your bodyweight is not a function the frequency or timing of your meals.

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    Your bodyweight is a function of daily energy intake. If you want to gain weight, eat more.

Then why do weight 2 pounds less the next day? Is it just water? I usually gain them back though, within a few days with focus on eating a lot (as usual).

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Fresh1Prince View Post
    Then why do weight 2 pounds less the next day? Is it just water? I usually gain them back though, within a few days with focus on eating a lot (as usual).
    How many calories per day do you eat, and what is your maintenance calorie level?
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Flux in hydration.

DBRedMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DBRedMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DBRedMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DBRedMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DBRedMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DBRedMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DBRedMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DBRedMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I believe it's known as whooshing when you lose a few pounds after alcohol consumption.

Originally Posted by DBRedMan View Post
    I believe it's known as whooshing when you lose a few pounds after alcohol consumption.
    OP, for more information on "whooshing", please see here.

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Aka Hydration/Water Weight issues. It happens. Just make sure you go on a caloric surplus and you're fine.
    Retired 74kg PL Open Division (3 meets)

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    How many calories per day do you eat, and what is your maintenance calorie level?
    I eat around 2400 and my maintenance caloric level is around 1900-2000.

Thanks everyone.

Hydration/water weight was what I hoped for aswell, but is there anything I can eat before going out, that will make me less hungry throughout the night? And what would be a good thing to eat when I get home?

SilverValley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks everyone.

Hydration/water weight was what I hoped for aswell, but is there anything I can eat before going out, that will make me less hungry throughout the night? And what would be a good thing to eat when I get home?
    I recently read an article by well known nutritionist Layne Norton who talked about this very issue. His way to solve it was to bring water with him to help keep his cells hydrated because alcohol dehydrates them, and he also brought a protein shake with him to get some protein in him and not leave his body depleted. This is especially useful if you are trying to gain weight, trying to give your muscles some sort of protein every 2-3 hours. Also try to drink more water during the day if you know you are going to go out.

Rtettz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rtettz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rtettz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rtettz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rtettz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rtettz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rtettz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rtettz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rtettz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rtettz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rtettz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I too go out in the same way u do 9pm to around 3-4AM - However i do not drink alcohol whatsoever i take water with me until it runs out and buy more when iv consumed what iv had. I may get the odd weird looks by friends but im not bothered, im naturally not good with alcohol anyway.

What i would recomend is when i go out not only will i take water but some sort of caffeine supplement so it supresses your hunger levels so your not thinking about it aswell as gives you energy ( will make you drink more aswell )

What i do before literally ill gym - massive meal complex carbs and proteins - shower - get ready just before i go out grab some simple carvs ( chocolate milkshake normally ) Take that to the friends 'Pre-session' take the caffeine supplements before we go out. Water then on out once i get back in a few simple carbs and maybe some oats.

Another point i would also like to add, you may have heard of intermitting fasting, i know you are not looking to lose weight but when you decide to cut up - this is amazing for it ( Stick your fast at around 9pm till around 1pm the next day ) and most of your fast is when you are out having a good time.

Hope this helps and goodluck.

Rtettz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rtettz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rtettz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rtettz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rtettz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rtettz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rtettz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rtettz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rtettz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rtettz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rtettz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Also im sure whilst you are out there are places to eat, just nip and get a bit of food everynow and then, i understand it wont be clean, but as long as you are staying in your marcos and getting adequate protein, it will not affect anything.

Originally Posted by Rtettz View Post
    Also im sure whilst you are out there are places to eat, just nip and get a bit of food everynow and then, i understand it wont be clean, but as long as you are staying in your marcos and getting adequate protein, it will not affect anything.
    Restaurants have to meet health inspection standards, so the food will be clean.

Restaurants have to meet health inspection standards, so the food will be clean.
    Obviously.... :L... as in calories/carb/fat rich...

OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000)

But pug, he will go catabolicismis if he doesnt eat or drink for over a period of 4 hours! OP why cant you bring or snack or stop buy a fast food place and pick up something to eat. As long as you eat before you leave or after you get back, or fast until you get back it doesnt matter. Macros throuhgt the day OP

kakaputantan is on a distinguished road. (+10) kakaputantan is on a distinguished road. (+10) kakaputantan is on a distinguished road. (+10) kakaputantan is on a distinguished road. (+10) kakaputantan is on a distinguished road. (+10) kakaputantan is on a distinguished road. (+10) kakaputantan is on a distinguished road. (+10) kakaputantan is on a distinguished road. (+10) kakaputantan is on a distinguished road. (+10) kakaputantan is on a distinguished road. (+10) kakaputantan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    true true

Originally Posted by Rtettz View Post
    I too go out in the same way u do 9pm to around 3-4AM - However i do not drink alcohol whatsoever i take water with me until it runs out and buy more when iv consumed what iv had. I may get the odd weird looks by friends but im not bothered, im naturally not good with alcohol anyway.

What i would recomend is when i go out not only will i take water but some sort of caffeine supplement so it supresses your hunger levels so your not thinking about it aswell as gives you energy ( will make you drink more aswell )

What i do before literally ill gym - massive meal complex carbs and proteins - shower - get ready just before i go out grab some simple carvs ( chocolate milkshake normally ) Take that to the friends 'Pre-session' take the caffeine supplements before we go out. Water then on out once i get back in a few simple carbs and maybe some oats.

Another point i would also like to add, you may have heard of intermitting fasting, i know you are not looking to lose weight but when you decide to cut up - this is amazing for it ( Stick your fast at around 9pm till around 1pm the next day ) and most of your fast is when you are out having a good time.

Hope this helps and goodluck.
    Thanks for a great response. (also thanks everyone!). I will be sure check up on all this.