Feras001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Feras001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Feras001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Feras001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Feras001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Feras001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Post Should I start taking protein supplements?

I'm currently 15, and also new to body building.

Current Weight: 200
    Current Hight: 5'9

Since I'm new to bodybuilding, my goal is to transform my fat to muscle. The question is, should I start taking protein supplements after my workouts?

xjdesertfox is just really nice. (+1000) xjdesertfox is just really nice. (+1000) xjdesertfox is just really nice. (+1000) xjdesertfox is just really nice. (+1000) xjdesertfox is just really nice. (+1000) xjdesertfox is just really nice. (+1000) xjdesertfox is just really nice. (+1000) xjdesertfox is just really nice. (+1000) xjdesertfox is just really nice. (+1000) xjdesertfox is just really nice. (+1000) xjdesertfox is just really nice. (+1000)
    Lesson 1. Fat cannot convert into muscle, nor can muscle convert to fat.

Diet first, then supplements down the road. You need to eat less to drop that fat off of you.

Take a multi, and fish oil. Lift heavy.
    Budget Workout Equipment crew

Titan HD rack
    Cap OB-86 Barbell
    Eleiko Calibrated bumpers (but who was budget?)

5nine is on a distinguished road. (+10) 5nine is on a distinguished road. (+10) 5nine is on a distinguished road. (+10) 5nine is on a distinguished road. (+10) 5nine is on a distinguished road. (+10) 5nine is on a distinguished road. (+10) 5nine is on a distinguished road. (+10) 5nine is on a distinguished road. (+10) 5nine is on a distinguished road. (+10) 5nine is on a distinguished road. (+10) 5nine is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Feras001 View Post

Since I'm new to bodybuilding, my goal is to transform my fat to muscle. The question is, should I start taking protein supplements after my workouts?

You are young bro, just workout hard and eat right. You will be fine.

benzel is on a distinguished road. (+10) benzel is on a distinguished road. (+10) benzel is on a distinguished road. (+10) benzel is on a distinguished road. (+10) benzel is on a distinguished road. (+10) benzel is on a distinguished road. (+10) benzel is on a distinguished road. (+10) benzel is on a distinguished road. (+10) benzel is on a distinguished road. (+10) benzel is on a distinguished road. (+10) benzel is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by xjdesertfox View Post

Diet first, then supplements down the road. You need to eat less to drop that fat off of you.

This advice applies to a very great number of people. Good stuff.

Ion26 is just really nice. (+1000) Ion26 is just really nice. (+1000) Ion26 is just really nice. (+1000) Ion26 is just really nice. (+1000) Ion26 is just really nice. (+1000) Ion26 is just really nice. (+1000) Ion26 is just really nice. (+1000) Ion26 is just really nice. (+1000) Ion26 is just really nice. (+1000) Ion26 is just really nice. (+1000) Ion26 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Whey Protein
    Casein Protein
    Good Multivitamin
    Fish Oils

I wouldnt suggest other stuff until you are above 18

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    so glad I came across this thread. I think this is pretty much the ultimate resource for beginners. http://jcdfitness.com/start-here/

As for your specific question - you can take protein if you like, but overall diet is much, much more important.
    Realize that anyone with an affiliation to a supplement company in their signature has ulterior motives when making recommendations. They're primarily concerned with pushing their products. Not your safety or what's best for you.

TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

You do not need protein supplements, just focus on eating quality foods.

Also, fat does not 'turn into' muscle. You can burn fat and replace it with muscle but you cannot convert fat into muscle. One of the nice things about building muscle is that it will speed up your metabolism which in turn could help you to burn more fat.
    Pro Strongman & Former National Champion

PR Gym Lifts -> Front Squat 515 Lbs / Deadlift 700 lbs / Strict Press 325 lbs

Website | www.mutaffis.com
    Instagram | www.instagram.com/tmutaffis
    ******** | www.********.com/StrongmanTomMutaffis
    YouTube | www.youtube.com/tmutafs

Feras001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Feras001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Feras001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Feras001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Feras001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Feras001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Originally Posted by TomMutaffis View Post
    You do not need protein supplements, just focus on eating quality foods.

Also, fat does not 'turn into' muscle. You can burn fat and replace it with muscle but you cannot convert fat into muscle. One of the nice things about building muscle is that it will speed up your metabolism which in turn could help you to burn more fat.
    Thanks. This was actually very helpful! So let's say I have a lot of belly fat, would doing A LOT of sit-ups, crunches, etc... Help me lost that belly fat?

PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks. This was actually very helpful! So let's say I have a lot of belly fat, would doing A LOT of sit-ups, crunches, etc... Help me lost that belly fat?
    you cant pick and choose where the fat is burned

Originally Posted by PaintPir View Post
    you cant pick and choose where the fat is burned
    You cant? Even though you're targeting that specific area? Well if not, then what workouts will help me lose weight? I'm planning on losing a good amount of weight (especially in my mid-section) then adding muscle mass to get cut.

32gOfNattyPB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 32gOfNattyPB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 32gOfNattyPB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 32gOfNattyPB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 32gOfNattyPB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 32gOfNattyPB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 32gOfNattyPB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 32gOfNattyPB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 32gOfNattyPB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 32gOfNattyPB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 32gOfNattyPB has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    No that target fat loss does not work. It just makes you that guy.

Let me tell you how important diet is. I was obese and weak as ****(maxed 95lbs on flat BB bench) and after working a little over two years I have naturally became stronger, or just as strong, and bigger than most of these cats that have taken PHs with an ok diet.

It ALL about the food.
    Best pre-workout ever:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/legal/anadraulic-state-gt.html

Best protein products:
    Muscle Feast

Best Egg white product:
    pending :)

rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

your body is producing its own natural abilities to gain muscle & stay lean at an awesome rate by the day. so....
    at your age (eat up all the food) while being active and see/enjoy the gains your getting before spending money on supps. srs, spend your money on enjoying life's activities then later on adding in protein supps will be more useful for you. best of sucess to you
    Last edited by rockeo; 04-10-2011 at 12:00 AM.
    +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
    conquering in Jesus Name !
    =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

CoolJ318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Where you gain or lose fat is more dependent on your genetics. You really can't "target fat" as certain supplements claim. Chances are if you hold most of your fat near your stomach that's most likely where you will start noticing the difference anyhow so don't worry to much about that. Like NattyPB said get your nutrition straight. You can work out all you want but it for diet isn't on par then you're gonna get discouraged. Also a protein powder isn't some miracle lose weight supplement it's just there to help you get your protein needs when you can't eat whole food protein sources.

EnriqueDeLeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnriqueDeLeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnriqueDeLeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnriqueDeLeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnriqueDeLeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnriqueDeLeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnriqueDeLeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnriqueDeLeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnriqueDeLeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnriqueDeLeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnriqueDeLeon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by xjdesertfox View Post
    Lesson 1. Fat cannot convert into muscle, nor can muscle convert to fat.

This

JCDF is just really nice. (+1000) JCDF is just really nice. (+1000) JCDF is just really nice. (+1000) JCDF is just really nice. (+1000) JCDF is just really nice. (+1000) JCDF is just really nice. (+1000) JCDF is just really nice. (+1000) JCDF is just really nice. (+1000) JCDF is just really nice. (+1000) JCDF is just really nice. (+1000) JCDF is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey dude, take this from someone who got started at 13...

you're at a point in your life where you have a TON (read that again) of potential to make some serious changes that will last you a lifetime if you do it right.

Your body is primed to grow and your focus needs to be on two things.

Busting your rump and getting stronger on the compounds (bench, squat, deads, rows, presses) and eating very well.

and that's it. So what if you're 200lbs at 5'9. I am 5'8 and was a chubby kid when i started all of this.

just know that you will come out on top *if you bust your ass now* as opposed to spinning your wheels later on.

I have clients who wished they'd worked out hard when they were you're age. but now, 10-15 years later, they're playing catch-up. don't be that guy.

JC
    www.jcdfitness.com
    -A No-BS Approach to Looking Great Naked-