Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    firefly0610 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation How can I get rid of C-section tummy?

I had a c-section when I had my son in 1997. So far everyone I have spoken to says it will NEVER go away without having a tummy tuck! Is this true, what can I do to get rid of this? I weighed 115 lbs when I got pregnant but over the years I ballooned up to 285 lbs.
    I have been working hard to get into shape I am now at 167 lbs, but the tummy is still there. It is not loose flabby skin but to me it is unsightly. I am planning on a complete 12 months transformation and want to compete in woman's fitness. Can anyone help me out? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't know why a c-section would interfere with developing a flat stomach. The incision is typical very low and horizontal. I could see how a vertical incision may be more challenging. If you get your fat % low enough I see no reason why you can't obtain a flat stomach. Good luck!

happily married hottie! aznprincess's Avatar
    aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000)
    congratulations on your progress so far!

as far as your tummy...if you're sure that it isn't due to lose flabby skin, the answer is to continue to lift heavy and lose fat. i don't know your other stats so you may still have a lot of fat to lose before being able to determine if in fact you do have loose skin or if your tummy will flatten out.

Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I had my twins in 2001 and am still fighting with the extra skin, i have tried lowering my bf and that is where in the process I am now. Eventually I will have to have it removed.

Sorry!
    Team Anti-Goliath

Don't focus on trying to do more sets, focus on doing more with the sets you have!!!!

ITS ALL ABOUT MOTIVATION!

**Support your local Roller Derby Girl**

O-Town Derby Dames FTW!!!

Saggy skin: the picture journal and the battle for sharp abs
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112062351

Monika33 Journal: The New Challenge
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110210781

LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just want to clarify that lose skin is a different ball game and of course surgery would be the only remedy. However, I don't see why anyone would be more prone to lose skin from a c-section (I had one with my first). The extra skin seems to be a direct result from the pregnancy in my opinion.

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How tall are you?

Janeva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had 3 c-sections in the past five years and I think I know what you are referring to. At the incision line, the skin NEVER meets up flush. Usually there is an overhang of skin, like a little muffin top. This is normal and even at 135# I still have it. I have met quite a few moms on bodyspace that have incredible bodies but even they still have the slightest overhang. That's not to say it won't become less noticeable. I assume that in order for it not to be noticeable through a pair of panties, someone would have to drop under 18% bf.
    Best of luck!

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I wuold think your stomach issues would have more to do with the large weight gain you experienced than the CSection. Pregnancy itself can cause problems in the ab area, regardless of what you gain, because your muscles and skin stretch. But the csection did not do it, imo.

Everyone has different skin elasticity and stretching of muscles during pregnancy. For me, my first two went well and I recovered my body as before. For some reason the third pregnancy really did a number on the seperation of my ab muscles and also my skin did not bounce back as well and those two things cannot be corrected without surgery. You can certainly improve your musculature, but if you developed a larger than normal vertical seperation of your abdominals, I have been told it is never going to come back together though you can improve upon it. My third preg was an over 40 baby, I think this had everything to do with the resulting issues.

C-section tummy go away

Originally Posted by Amanda76 View Post
    How tall are you?
    I am 5'3". Thank you all for your input. I did have a complete body analysis done last week.
    BF 34%
    FAT 57
    LMT 110

As an FYI, I entered into the Lee Labrada challenge and I will be posting pics of my progress. I am sure I will have many questions as I go through this transformation. Any input or suggestions are very much welcome and appreciated. Again, thank you all for your thoughts and comments. Based from responses, I understand that I have a long way to go and will not be able to fully evaluate the condition of my c-section tummy until I loose more BF.
    Last edited by firefly0610; 03-06-2010 at 07:59 PM. Reason: wanted to add more

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by firefly0610 View Post
    I am 5'3". Thank you all for your input. I did have a complete body analysis done last week.
    BF 34%
    FAT 57
    LMT 110

As an FYI, I entered into the Lee Labrada challenge and I will be posting pics of my progress. I am sure I will have many questions as I go through this transformation. Any input or suggestions are very much welcome and appreciated. Again, thank you all for your thoughts and comments. Based from responses, I understand that I have a long way to go and will not be able to fully evaluate the condition of my c-section tummy until I loose more BF.
    Okay...that's what I needed your height for. And you've got it exactly right.

qualita is on a distinguished road. (+10) qualita is on a distinguished road. (+10) qualita is on a distinguished road. (+10) qualita is on a distinguished road. (+10) qualita is on a distinguished road. (+10) qualita is on a distinguished road. (+10) qualita is on a distinguished road. (+10) qualita is on a distinguished road. (+10) qualita is on a distinguished road. (+10) qualita is on a distinguished road. (+10) qualita is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    just keep training ull get it right

Time to start building... norinicole's Avatar
    norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by LMG462 View Post
    I don't know why a c-section would interfere with developing a flat stomach. The incision is typical very low and horizontal. I could see how a vertical incision may be more challenging. If you get your fat % low enough I see no reason why you can't obtain a flat stomach. Good luck!
    This. I had a c-section as well.

Originally Posted by LMG462 View Post
    I just want to clarify that lose skin is a different ball game and of course surgery would be the only remedy. However, I don't see why anyone would be more prone to lose skin from a c-section (I had one with my first). The extra skin seems to be a direct result from the pregnancy in my opinion.
    This too.

Based from responses, I understand that I have a long way to go and will not be able to fully evaluate the condition of my c-section tummy until I loose more BF.
    You got it! Good luck on your transformation
    Mrs. Hessunit as of May 11, 2013

just.demi is on a distinguished road. (+10) just.demi is on a distinguished road. (+10) just.demi is on a distinguished road. (+10) just.demi is on a distinguished road. (+10) just.demi is on a distinguished road. (+10) just.demi is on a distinguished road. (+10) just.demi is on a distinguished road. (+10) just.demi is on a distinguished road. (+10) just.demi is on a distinguished road. (+10) just.demi is on a distinguished road. (+10) just.demi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I had a C section AND hysterectomy due to cancer. Right now, my abs are flatter than they've ever been...even when I was a fitness counselor in my early twenties! Weight training is what has helped me...in addition to a healthy diet. Most importantly, a strong will will get you to where you want to be. I started in early 2008 and suddenly...this month I've seen the most drastic reduction in my belly. Patience and consistency is the key. Good luck.
    I won't stop until I conquer my body and mind.

brittanyhayden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brittanyhayden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brittanyhayden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brittanyhayden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brittanyhayden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brittanyhayden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brittanyhayden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brittanyhayden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brittanyhayden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brittanyhayden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brittanyhayden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had a c-section with my daughter and I also gained ALOT of weight! I went from 130 to about 210. I have had the same issue with the little pooch right above the incision. As my body fat % drops so does the appearance of the pooch. Im at about 28% right now and that area is COMPLETELY different than it was at 30-35%. I know everyone holds onto fat in different areas but just be patient and it should resolve itself with lower bodyfat. Good luck with your transformation!

I have been working pretty hard on y weightloss, but OMG it is as if I am standing still. I cant help but just feel I look horrid. I am a veru impatient person and want to see instant results. I look at my fiance and see him turning into a greek god faster than I can blink and eye! it can be a bit discouraging. Lastnight I layed in bed for hours just thinking about it and wishing my gym was open 24/7. Failure is not an option. I am tired of looing and feeling this way. Even though I have lost over 100 lbs I still feel like this. Is it vein to want to be beautiful, wanted and desired?

Registered User moonshinebabe33's Avatar
    moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had a c-section when I had my son in 1997. So far everyone I have spoken to says it will NEVER go away without having a tummy tuck! Is this true, what can I do to get rid of this? I weighed 115 lbs when I got pregnant but over the years I ballooned up to 285 lbs.
    I have been working hard to get into shape I am now at 167 lbs, but the tummy is still there. It is not loose flabby skin but to me it is unsightly. I am planning on a complete 12 months transformation and want to compete in woman's fitness. Can anyone help me out? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
    DO NOT LOSE HOPE!

I had a cesarean in 2002. In 2006 I went on a mission to lose weight..I joined a gym, worked really hard and within 6 months I went from a size 14 to a size 6 (UK dress sizes). being a size 6 was tiny! And yes I had a flat tummy and I could see my 'bits' below which I hadnt seen in years!

So yes it is possible, its all about getting your bf% right down, working hard and eating right.

I just wish i had a picture to show you but i dont!

Registered User moonshinebabe33's Avatar
    moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by just.demi View Post
    I had a C section AND hysterectomy due to cancer. Right now, my abs are flatter than they've ever been...even when I was a fitness counselor in my early twenties! Weight training is what has helped me...in addition to a healthy diet. Most importantly, a strong will will get you to where you want to be. I started in early 2008 and suddenly...this month I've seen the most drastic reduction in my belly. Patience and consistency is the key. Good luck.
    Well done you! I had my 2nd c-section last year and back again trying to flatten out my tum!

BRB - Gettin' shredded FemmeFatale28's Avatar
    FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I had a csection 6 years ago, on my 2nd pregnancy and while my skin is not as tight as it would be it doesnt cause me to have extra fat on my belly I Just have to work harder because my skin isnt as tight to hold the fat back. What people dont understand is when you get cut and they sew you back together they sew you still looking 9 months pregnant, 90% of women who have had csections also have skin that is less tight.

July63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) July63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) July63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) July63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) July63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) July63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) July63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) July63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) July63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) July63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) July63 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey - me too! My twins were born in 2001 and the lower abs did not go back together, they now have that valley that I am told I will always have. Yes, surgery will be the only way to fix. In the mean time - I agree with all others saying workout hard and drop that body fat - until then, you will not know what those abs will look like!
    Good luck!

Originally Posted by Monika33 View Post
    I had my twins in 2001 and am still fighting with the extra skin, i have tried lowering my bf and that is where in the process I am now. Eventually I will have to have it removed.

Sorry!

Mr Flexy's Happy Protégé LisaSkinnoble's Avatar
    LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by moonshinebabe33 View Post
    DO NOT LOSE HOPE!

I had a cesarean in 2002. In 2006 I went on a mission to lose weight..I joined a gym, worked really hard and within 6 months I went from a size 14 to a size 6 (UK dress sizes). being a size 6 was tiny! And yes I had a flat tummy and I could see my 'bits' below which I hadnt seen in years!

So yes it is possible, its all about getting your bf% right down, working hard and eating right.

I just wish i had a picture to show you but i dont!
    These stories are exactly what I need to hear! I have a nasty belly, that's a result of sitting on my arse and eating and drinking like a viking for 4 years. I began working out in January, and have gone from 222 lbs to 198 lbs. (oh the rapture to not see the "2" digit on my scale anymore!).

I've got a long way to go, and I am definitely in the for the long haul. But what worries me in the back of my mind is how my skin will look as I rid myself of fat. Yes, I'm working hard to build muscle - gotta love the fast newbie muscle gains - but I still worry that the damage I've done to my 45 year-old overstretched skin is irreparable. These stories really give me hope.

I won't give up! Almost anything is attainable through hard work, right?

skinnyfatlean is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyfatlean is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyfatlean is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyfatlean is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyfatlean is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyfatlean is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyfatlean is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyfatlean is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyfatlean is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyfatlean is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyfatlean is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by LisaSkinnoble View Post
    I have a nasty belly, that's a result of sitting on my arse and eating and drinking like a viking for 4 years.
    so funny!

I had a C section too. I have no pooch but I do have loose skin around my belly, its not noticable unless I pull it out like one of those shar pei dogs. The C scar has only lost its hard scar tissue feel after 2 years.
    “[Luke:] I can’t believe it. [Yoda:] That is why you fail.”

butterfly519 is just really nice. (+1000) butterfly519 is just really nice. (+1000) butterfly519 is just really nice. (+1000) butterfly519 is just really nice. (+1000) butterfly519 is just really nice. (+1000) butterfly519 is just really nice. (+1000) butterfly519 is just really nice. (+1000) butterfly519 is just really nice. (+1000) butterfly519 is just really nice. (+1000) butterfly519 is just really nice. (+1000) butterfly519 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Janeva View Post
    I had 3 c-sections in the past five years and I think I know what you are referring to. At the incision line, the skin NEVER meets up flush. Usually there is an overhang of skin, like a little muffin top. This is normal and even at 135# I still have it. I have met quite a few moms on bodyspace that have incredible bodies but even they still have the slightest overhang. That's not to say it won't become less noticeable. I assume that in order for it not to be noticeable through a pair of panties, someone would have to drop under 18% bf.
    Best of luck!
    I have had 4 c-sections is 5 years, and am on a desperate mission to get in shape. I know that it will be a long rode for me, but I am determined. I have only been training for 9 weeks now, but feel better than I have in years. Glad to know I am not the only one worried about the after-effects of the surgeries. Glad to see how you all are doing, it gives me hope. Thank you all for inspiration.
    ~Chanda~

Yes, right now it is all about me!

Desire. Drive. Dedication. Determination. You don't have it? Then move out of my way!

Pain means progress, so just bring it!

~Stronger than your average bitch~

my journal~
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126298303

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've had 2 c-sections. Both 10-plus pounders and the second one fairly late in life---39. I did not gain an enormous amount of weight, but since i am kinda small to begin with...well, things got stretched out. My mid-section is pretty lean, but as you can see from my photos, there's some extra skin there. If you're younger, you've got a definite advantage over us "late-in-life-mommies." Your skin still has lots more elasticity.

Good luck. Keep your weights heavy and your diet tight.

butterfly519 is just really nice. (+1000) butterfly519 is just really nice. (+1000) butterfly519 is just really nice. (+1000) butterfly519 is just really nice. (+1000) butterfly519 is just really nice. (+1000) butterfly519 is just really nice. (+1000) butterfly519 is just really nice. (+1000) butterfly519 is just really nice. (+1000) butterfly519 is just really nice. (+1000) butterfly519 is just really nice. (+1000) butterfly519 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well, I had them all by the age of 28, however, I am 38 now and I neglected myself for so long that the extra weight I was carrying when I started training 9 weeks ago seemed to set up permanent residence. I am kicking it out as of now, it's just putting up quite a fight. Things have been stretched out for some time, and I am sick of it. I am training fairly heavy, none of that 'light toning stuff' for me. I am also eating 6 small meals a day, Monday through Saturday, and taking Betagen and CLA. I drink a ton of water, no soda, no alcohol, and only 2 cups of coffee in the morning. I weight train 3 days a week and do cardio HIIT 3 days a week. I know that I will get there eventually, but it is going to be tough.
    ~Chanda~

Desire. Drive. Dedication. Determination. You don't have it? Then move out of my way!

my journal~

Ok I am new to bb.com, and I have a question. I have only made 7 posts total and found out that someone negged me for my most recent post on here. How in the world does that happen? My post was fine, how did they think something was wrong with it?
    ~Chanda~

my journal~

Bluelinersgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bluelinersgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bluelinersgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bluelinersgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bluelinersgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bluelinersgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bluelinersgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bluelinersgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bluelinersgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bluelinersgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bluelinersgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    As long as you don't have a lot of loose skin then I think it's just a matter of getting leaner. I had a c-section 2 years ago and there is no skin or fat bulging above or around the scar.
    Member of the "Y DO WORK Crew!" (OK, I thought it was funny, cuz I work out at the YMCA.)

"Lift Like a Man, Look Like a Goddess"

jflore5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am so glad you asked this question. I had my second c section 8 weeks ago and I have feared that maybe I won't get my body back to the way it used to be. I have been working toward my goal to get back into my old jeans and lose the fat I gained with baby number 2. I agree with the others to continue pushing forward.

Good luck

TwistedPandora will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwistedPandora will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwistedPandora will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwistedPandora will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwistedPandora will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwistedPandora will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwistedPandora will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwistedPandora will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwistedPandora will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwistedPandora will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwistedPandora will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I had a C section in 1996 and I put on a lot of weight in the years after. At my biggest I was in a UK 16, I really thought I had left it too long, but here I am, having lost over 65lbs, and wearing a UK size 6.
    I still have a little loose skin, but not much, and I am using Palmers skin therapy oil and Skin firming cream and together they have really made a difference to the texture of the skin. Essentially there is very little left to hang over the scar, which was always the problem...So, don't give up, you just need to get your body fat down and work on your abs, especially lower abs and core, I found doing vacuums really helped.

You will get there!
    Lost over 65lbs, and got some of my life back! I may be disabled, but don't underestimate me :)

If it were easy everyone would do it!

ASimon0228 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Your not alone

I had 3 c-sections and have recently lost about 40lbs. I am with you on the extra skin just above the incision. I am struggling with that myself. It hinders me but I am not giving up. I just started my fitness journey about 1yr ago in Aug. 2012. I am not close to where I want to be but I know it's a struggle. I have dropped to 22% body fat, and am having little to no luck training my lower abdominal area with successful results. I barely have feeling in that area either. Maybe it was from the muscles stretching apart and loss nerve sensations? I do not know for sure, I am not a professional to even say. I can say that eating clean and training harder than others is going to make the area at least a little better. I know I can never get rid of that small area of skin so I am going to try and fill it with muscle! *Crossing fingers and making it happen* Good luck on your journey!! I am with you!!! Good luck!!

coolcommenter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolcommenter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolcommenter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolcommenter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolcommenter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolcommenter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolcommenter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolcommenter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolcommenter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolcommenter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolcommenter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just gave birth 5 months ago. honestly, I don't want the view down there. But I am working on it right now. It really takes a lot patience to reach our goal. Specially me I couldn't just go do an exercise. I have to be very careful. But we will be able to do it in time.