hockey1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockey1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockey1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockey1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockey1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockey1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockey1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockey1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockey1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockey1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockey1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Songs showing up in itunes library but not on ipod? (help)

For christmas I got an iPod touch 4g and all my songs are showing up on my itunes library, but not on my ipod. I've tried syncing it like 20 times and don't know what else to do.
    I had an iPod 4g nano and there were no problems, but now with the touch the songs aren't transfering. How can I fix this?

Thank you! reps for answers
    I always rep back
    "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will." -Vince Lombardi
    Started two years ago at 120 lbs, 210lbs by April -no excuses

Ekunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by hockey1234 View Post
    For christmas I got an iPod touch 4g and all my songs are showing up on my itunes library, but not on my ipod. I've tried syncing it like 20 times and don't know what else to do.
    I had an iPod 4g nano and there were no problems, but now with the touch the songs aren't transfering. How can I fix this?

Thank you! reps for answers
    Highlight the songs (Ctrl+A) and drag them onto your iPod. For example, it would say something like: "hockey1234's iPod" on the left hand side.

hockey1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockey1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockey1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockey1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockey1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockey1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockey1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockey1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockey1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockey1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockey1234 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Ekunn View Post
    Highlight the songs (Ctrl+A) and drag them onto your iPod. For example, it would say something like: "hockey1234's iPod" on the left hand side.
    Thanks man, tried that but it didn't work. I get this message saying:
    "Some of the items in the iTunes Library, including "I want to do be loved", were not copied to the iPod "hockey1234's iPod" because they could not be found.

I got this message with my nano every time i would sync it but there would be no issues...
    I always rep back
    "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will." -Vince Lombardi

Ekunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks man, tried that but it didn't work. I get this message saying:
    "Some of the items in the iTunes Library, including "I want to do be loved", were not copied to the iPod "hockey1234's iPod" because they could not be found.

I got this message with my nano every time i would sync it but there would be no issues...
    Where are the songs located, then?

If they're from another library, let's say from Limewire, for example, you'll need to double left-click them from Limwire then they should play from the iTunes library. Then, they should be able to sync.

Your iTunes library is basically saying "i can't play this because i don't know where it is".

Well, if i click on "hockey1234's iPod", then go to "Music", it says I have 1174 songs in iTunes. However, when I open up my iPod it says I only have 324.

Never had this problem with my nano, so I'm pissed now.
    repped btw.
    welcome to the green

EDIT: sister has the same problem with her 2g touch.
    I always rep back

Registered User NewYorkGiants24's Avatar
    NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Are they all checked? If so then you probably deleted them from where you first DLed em. You use limewire? They should be in a folder in your documents titled Limewire, if not then you deleted them I assume. Just by having the songs visible in iTunes doesn't mean that you have the actual files. And when you click to play them does it tell you they don't exist?

inb4limewireisgone... i know
    "The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price." ~ Vince Lombardi

You can never stop learning, research means everything.

yeah, i have it automatically to have all songs synced.
    normally i couldnt play the songs on my comp, but on my ipod it was fine. now i cant do either for most of the songs. it has a question mark on all the songs that wont transfer saying i can "locate" them. none of that is working. some of them are from legit cds too.
    I always rep back

Registered User NewYorkGiants24's Avatar
    NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeah, i have it automatically to have all songs synced.
    normally i couldnt play the songs on my comp, but on my ipod it was fine. now i cant do either for most of the songs. it has a question mark on all the songs that wont transfer saying i can "locate" them. none of that is working. some of them are from legit cds too.
    That means that the original files are gone. You deleted them. Uhmm you can check the recycling bin otherwise you have to download them all back.
    "The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price." ~ Vince Lombardi

You can never stop learning, research means everything.

UntamedBeast is a name known to all. (+5000) UntamedBeast is a name known to all. (+5000) UntamedBeast is a name known to all. (+5000) UntamedBeast is a name known to all. (+5000) UntamedBeast is a name known to all. (+5000) UntamedBeast is a name known to all. (+5000) UntamedBeast is a name known to all. (+5000) UntamedBeast is a name known to all. (+5000) UntamedBeast is a name known to all. (+5000) UntamedBeast is a name known to all. (+5000) UntamedBeast is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Try restarting computer and iPod.

Or check if your memory is full on the iPod from movies and apps, they can take up memory quickly.

You might have to update iTunes or re-download iTunes or re-download your songs.

Good luck man
    "You can watch things happen, make things happen or wonder what the hell happened."

Blood. Sweat. Heart.

Bingo1235 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Recover iPod iTunes Library

Might be your iPod file system get corrupted that why you are unable to access your data from iPod. But you can recover lost and deleted data from iPod by using iPod recovery software. This software even helps you to recover iPod iTunes library in case you have lost data from it. This software is available in free demo version you can download it and try for recovery before purchasing this software.

For More Info Visit: .....ipodrecoverysoftware.net/itunes-library.html