iranian123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iranian123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iranian123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iranian123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iranian123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iranian123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iranian123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iranian123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iranian123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iranian123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iranian123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cardio will not break down your muscle...

I just read a post on this forum, and decided to put it out there that cardio is a perfectly great way to lose body fat and improve cardiovascular health. It does not burn muscle, contrary to popular belief. However, people on keto will experience muscle loss, because of the lack of muscle glycogen, and the subsequent conversion of amino acids in muscle to glycogen for energy. I assume most people consume moderate amounts of carbohydrates, and therefore have muscle glycogen. With muscle glycogen, your body will not have to resort to burning muscle for energy.

Cardio will be pretty simple. Your body will free fatty tissue for energy up to a certain point, and also rely on muscle glycogen for energy. LI cardio does burn more fat when looking at ratios alone; however, the maximum fat burn over time period occurs at 65-80% HRmax.

I just wanted to post this because of the misinformation passed around like hotcakes... Honestly, because of this forum, for a certain amount of time, I believed carrots had too much sugar, fruit would make me fat, bread would make me fat, my mom's cooking was bad for me, etc. This site advocates the worst eating habits I have ever seen.

There are people pushing their personal unhealthy nutritional dogmas on noobies, people who are in such denial over their EDs they ignore attempts by other members to help, etc.

And that only touches the surface... Sorry about the rant. In conclusion, cardio rocks.

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ...and when you run out of glycogen then what?

grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by justletmein View Post
    ...and when you run out of glycogen then what?
    did you read his post.
    @__@

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by grapemaster View Post
    did you read his post.
    Nope, I like to reply with random comments to posts I haven't read. lol

pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by iranian123 View Post
    I just read a post on this forum, and decided to put it out there that cardio is a perfectly great way to lose body fat and improve cardiovascular health. It does not burn muscle, contrary to popular belief. However, people on keto will experience muscle loss, because of the lack of muscle glycogen, and the subsequent conversion of amino acids in muscle to glycogen for energy. I assume most people consume moderate amounts of carbohydrates, and therefore have muscle glycogen. With muscle glycogen, your body will not have to resort to burning muscle for energy.
    under normal conditions, cardio doesnt break muscle. and that goes for any kind of cardio. that being said, neither does lifting weights, no matter the intensity. however, when youre cutting, both of those can break down muscle because they could be dropping into too deep of a caloric deficit. yeah, theres more to it than that, but this is the super-simplified version.

as to people losing muscle mass on keto, thats really more of an issue when lifting. for cardio, you wont lose any more mass on keto than you would on a normal balanced diet assuming youre doing more low intensity.

Registered User NamesAreHardToPick's Avatar
    NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I actually don't take carbs before HIIT training, but to be fair, I take 2g of Cartinine followed by 6 scoops of extend and drink 1/3 of it before, 1/3 of it during, and 1/3 of it following plus my post workout shake and haven't had a problem. I read a while back that Cartinine forces your body to take fat instead of muscle or something like that, but either way it's worked.

Nonetheless, I'd agree, though HIIT is better in terms of throughout the day. LISS cardio is good though for mixing things up.