ICanBassSweep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ICanBassSweep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pre-Military Workout Routine?

Next semester i'm joining the Canadian Malitia as a highschool co-op course (meaning i get military training for a whole 5 months and still get 4 credits ) anyways it starts at the end of febuary and i've been training since september working on my strength and a little bit on endurance, but now as it approaches i want to be completely ready for whatever it throws at me because during the first 2 weeks they try to weed out the weak ones because you get 5000$ if you complete the entire course. So can anyone suggest some training to do where i can still body build yet get ridiculous endurance.

ICanBassSweep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ICanBassSweep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bump? I really need help. More info: I workout 4 days a week 2 days on 1 off another 2 days on and then 2 days off and repeat. I don't have a strict diet just eat a lot of calories and try to watch junk food and make sure i eat breakfast every day even if im in a rush.

tkmgsop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tkmgsop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tkmgsop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tkmgsop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    try Rippetoe's SS you get strong fast. not too sure about the endurance.
    W34.5
    BF%24.95
    we 176.0
    H5'8

goal
    W32
    BF%12
    WE 165

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Any type of military training involves endurance. You'll also do bodyweight exercises, like chinups, pushups, and situps.

I'd suggest you start running, now. I'd also suggest you forget bodybuilding training for now; little of it will translate to what you need to be doing. Run.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by tkmgsop View Post
    try Rippetoe's SS you get strong fast. not too sure about the endurance.
    Link? I tried searching for it couldn't find it.

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Any type of military training involves endurance. You'll also do bodyweight exercises, like chinups, pushups, and situps.

I'd suggest you start running, now. I'd also suggest you forget bodybuilding training for now; little of it will translate to what you need to be doing. Run.
    :'( For real? I'm addicted to bodybuilding now... Like its literally the highlight of my day and i predict i'm probably gonna spend the whole day during the militia running and working my ass off then coming home and working out :O.

Anotherfling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anotherfling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anotherfling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anotherfling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anotherfling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anotherfling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anotherfling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anotherfling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anotherfling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anotherfling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anotherfling will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Run, a lot, do sprints, medium, and long distance, as well as some very long distance hikes.
    Work up to a very high volume of Push Ups, Sit Ups, and Pull Ups.

Once you can do the above en masse, in your sleep, add in additional body weight work such as dips, bodyweight squats, handstand push ups, one legged push ups, and one legged squats.

Weightlifting isn't really going to do much for you as far as getting through boot camp. Once you get done, and once you know what will be expected of you from a PT standpoint, then you can start lifting weights again. Until then it's not going to help you. Some brief lifting sessions once or twice a week would probably be fine, but you need to focus most of your energy on doing exercises that will make your drill sergeant happy.

Also make sure you come in with the correct weight. To light or to heavy and you will regret being alive based on what they make you eat to get your weight where they want it. Good luck.
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. -Mike Tyson

khergan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) khergan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) khergan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) khergan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) khergan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) khergan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) khergan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) khergan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) khergan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) khergan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) khergan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Pretty much what everyone here said. Military fitness is more based on traditional calistenics and endurance exercises rather than lifting heavy weights. Running, situps, pullups and pushups should be your main focus. However, if you're already in good BBing shape, mostly likely you're far strong enough, you just need to work on endurance and probably some running.

After you get through initial training, however, you will be able to start BBing again.
    ★cVc★

*coffee crew*

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ICanBassSweep View Post
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224

I'd suggest www.crossfit.com + running.

You want to train specifically for what will be expected in boot camp.
    Pullups, pushups, squat thrusts, mountain climbers, etc...
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Training regularly but no progress?
    You need one or more of these: more food, more weight, more reps or more rest.

Check out: www.muscleandbrawn.com

tkmgsop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tkmgsop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tkmgsop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tkmgsop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    click here a verry good site that has all the info you will need. well other that the book.
    http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi..._Strength_Wiki

also try the sticky
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224
    and then there is the Q&A link
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=108535881

hope this helps
    W34.5
    BF%24.95
    we 176.0
    H5'8

goal
    W32
    BF%12
    WE 165

Registered Douche Bag Jay_Dubya's Avatar
    Jay_Dubya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay_Dubya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay_Dubya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay_Dubya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay_Dubya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay_Dubya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay_Dubya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay_Dubya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay_Dubya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay_Dubya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay_Dubya is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking

I wouldn't worry too much. It's the Canadian Army. How hard can it be?

Originally Posted by Jay_Dubya View Post
    You really are a registerd douche bag . Running 5+ miles a day with 50 pound packs on and doing pushups until your arms fall off don't sound too easy to me. Even though we don't shoot things as much as other armies we still get trained to be ready to kill.

nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post

^^^ What he said.

:'( For real? I'm addicted to bodybuilding now... Like its literally the highlight of my day and i predict i'm probably gonna spend the whole day during the militia running and working my ass off then coming home and working out :O.
    Your first priority is to be able to nail the PT requirements for the military branch you're joining - not just the minimum, but the top scores. Expect boot camp to be a lot of cardio, and no lifting. Running & bodyweight exercises. If/when you're rock-solid with those, then there's no problem also working in a bulking/building routine.

snowking1994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i am doing the exact same thing and i was talking to my friend whos a major in the army he said the nuber 1 thing to do is run, he siad thats what they test you the most on if you cant run they will prob recource you. That and uper body like sholders and triceps

snowking1994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jay_Dubya View Post
    the Canadian army is the most fit army in the world and at the end of basic training you have to tun 17k with a 50lbs rucksack

ArmyThing2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i used to lift alot 5-6 days a week, and about 6 months before i left for basic training i quit hitting the heavy weights and focused more on cardio and body weight excersizes, and still used lighter weights with more reps to keep a good pump and build the muscular endurance... It was sad to see my muscle mass go down the drain but it needed to be done... THERE ARE NO GYMS IN BASIC TRAINING!!... your best bet is to search the internet for your PT requirement and push yourself to excel those before you even go... MOTIVATION IS THE KEY TO MILITARY SUCCESS!!! Good luck my man, stay safe and most of all stay motivated

ArmyThing2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    oh and p.s. as far as eating goes... stay away from sweets, as well as late night snacks. And also your sleep cycle i would recommend waking up early and working out to train your body before you go... follow these words of advise and your training will be that much easier and less stressful. I always expect the worst when i am training for something and that keeps me motivated and makes it easier come the time to actually complete my mission
    United States Army... Most people stand behind the flag. We on the other hand, stand in front of it... COME GET SOME

pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would suggest toughening up your feet. Get a pair of boots and get used to walking long distances under a heavy load in them. A lot of people got really bad blisters in basic from not preparing their feet.

Endurance is the key. Running, rucking, body weight excercises all that good stuff.
    ''You can either feel the pain of discipline or feel the pain of regret. The choice is yours.'' - Jim Rohn

-US ARMY-

blake1623 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Douche Bag

You really are a registerd douche bag . Running 5+ miles a day with 50 pound packs on and doing pushups until your arms fall off don't sound too easy to me. Even though we don't shoot things as much as other armies we still get trained to be ready to kill.
    You sir, seriously have the wrong attitude towards joining the military. No patriotism, no love for other people, no defending our country, or helping those in need. And I signed myself up for this website JUST to tell you that you have the WRONG attitude. You want to join to shoot guns and kill people. That is not going to get you far in the military IF you make it in. Which would be for the best if you didnt.

cjscore will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjscore will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjscore will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjscore will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjscore will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjscore will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjscore will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjscore will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjscore will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjscore will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjscore will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by blake1623 View Post
    You sir, seriously have the wrong attitude towards joining the military. No patriotism, no love for other people, no defending our country, or helping those in need. And I signed myself up for this website JUST to tell you that you have the WRONG attitude. You want to join to shoot guns and kill people. That is not going to get you far in the military IF you make it in. Which would be for the best if you didnt.
    Wondering if the OP will come back to this thread after 5 years?
    People do not get huge on accident.

Lift, Eat, Rest!

Reps Ginger Kids on sight.