OhSnap! is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OhSnap! is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OhSnap! is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OhSnap! is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OhSnap! is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OhSnap! is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OhSnap! is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OhSnap! is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OhSnap! is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OhSnap! is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OhSnap! is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Pain between pectoral muscle and armpit??

I notice theres a sharp pain between my pec muscle and armpit when doing chest exercises or pull up's. Should I limit chest exercises for a while? The pain goes away as soon as I leave the gym, Im just a little bit nervous Im tearing something.

Thanks
    *Future Millionaire crew*
    *Mod Negged 3x's in 1 day crew*
    *Green to red, back to green, back to red, back to green, back to red, then back to green in 1 day crew*

genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000)
    probably sprained your pec tendon. just take it easy.. rest ice massage
    The body is lazy, unless you give it a reason to grow it won't

Tho I walk thru the valley of the shadow of Death I shall fear no evil, for I am the baddest motherf*cker in the valley

I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds - Henry Rollins

NASM-CPT-CES
    Nutrition Coach

BigNeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNeck will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by OhSnap! View Post
    I notice theres a sharp pain between my pec muscle and armpit when doing chest exercises or pull up's. Should I limit chest exercises for a while? The pain goes away as soon as I leave the gym, Im just a little bit nervous Im tearing something.

Thanks
    lol i have this do when im doing heavy dumbbell flys

altho mine kinda extends in the very back tricep-armpit-chest area....but yeah, i think i know what your talking about

Scuba19 is just really nice. (+1000) Scuba19 is just really nice. (+1000) Scuba19 is just really nice. (+1000) Scuba19 is just really nice. (+1000) Scuba19 is just really nice. (+1000) Scuba19 is just really nice. (+1000) Scuba19 is just really nice. (+1000) Scuba19 is just really nice. (+1000) Scuba19 is just really nice. (+1000) Scuba19 is just really nice. (+1000) Scuba19 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Like what genepool said, it's probably your tendons. Your pecs and lats both insert around the armpit area. You might have strained something, or maybe there's just alot of stress on them due to the weight your using. Try resting a few days, and/or lightening the weight.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by genepool View Post
    probably sprained your pec tendon. just take it easy.. rest ice massage
    ^^^ What genepool said.

I don't train bench these days but I've experienced it on heavy dips. Best thing you can do is back off and give it some rest because if you keep pushing it a rupture of the tendon might occur and that usually means surgery.

I've found certain stretches help to keep the internal rotators from getting too tight which can create problems with the pecs and shoulders, along with keeping tabs on how heavy and frequently I train chest. It's easy to get carried away with adding weight to the bar chasing PRs and eventually something has to give. Listen to the pain, rest, and make adjustments to your training program.

labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Cool

Find someone locally who practices Active Release Technique (A.R.T)

They should be able to help you diagnos what the problem is quite accurately & help treat it.

OhSnap! is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OhSnap! is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OhSnap! is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OhSnap! is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OhSnap! is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OhSnap! is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OhSnap! is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OhSnap! is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OhSnap! is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OhSnap! is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OhSnap! is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    hey guys! thankyou all very much. You have all been very informative.
    *Future Millionaire crew*
    *Mod Negged 3x's in 1 day crew*
    *Green to red, back to green, back to red, back to green, back to red, then back to green in 1 day crew*

pwillmott86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

It's your pectorial minor muscle!

Originally Posted by OhSnap! View Post

Thanks
    Ok here is the solution to your problem. You need to strech your pictorial minor muscle. If you dont strech it you will start to get numbness, and weak arm when you have it extended. To strech it watch this video!!

I did this and i had relief instantly. Weird stretch by the way but the only way to do it!!

Ok i cant post a url link. Google "discomfort free false carpal tunnel from tight pectoralis minor"

Irish91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irish91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irish91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irish91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irish91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irish91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irish91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irish91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irish91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irish91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irish91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by BigNeck View Post
    lol i have this do when im doing heavy dumbbell flys

altho mine kinda extends in the very back tricep-armpit-chest area....but yeah, i think i know what your talking about
    Possibly your subscap or far more likely your Coracobrachialis
    Will rep back if your comment makes me laugh

Shyamz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Irish91 View Post
    Possibly your subscap or far more likely your Coracobrachialis
    Hi I've recently had this exact pain and after researching a little bit I noticed the pain was in the exact subscapularis region. I feel the pain when pushing up from a chair to get up or doing pull ups. I haven't gone to the gym in fear of hurting it more. It hurts on most practical chest movements. How should I treat this pain? I noticed it today and have been icing it periodically. Please let me know! Thank you!
    Beginner but working hard.
    Researching while working hard.
    Heavy clean bulk along with a hard school year starting in September.
    Work Hard Play Hard.