Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000)

Is it OK to eat Oatmeal 'raw'( without cooking it)?

I eat a lot of oatmeal and the taste is ok, but after a while it just gets old. Could I just get a scoop from the tube and swallow it with water? Will my body digest it, will I get the same nutrients from it as I would cooking it?

djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    yes, go for it
    “You never won’t know what you can’t achieve until you don’t achieve it.”

Registered User WillPullForFood's Avatar
    WillPullForFood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WillPullForFood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WillPullForFood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WillPullForFood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WillPullForFood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WillPullForFood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm going to go out on a limb and answer your questions yes, yes and yes. Cooking it in water just lets it "puff up" with water.

Sometimes I mix uncooked oats with yogurt, though I get some funny looks at the office for that.

Amplified85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yup, you can even blend it up

getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    quaker and the like are steamed and so already cooked. if you're using steel-cut/Irish oats, it would probably be uncomfortable.
    "Why would you want to eat a vegetable unless it was wrapped in bacon?" Michael Symon

Alwyn Cosgrove steals other peoples work.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124530811

stEam_B()at will become famous soon enough. (+50) stEam_B()at will become famous soon enough. (+50) stEam_B()at will become famous soon enough. (+50) stEam_B()at will become famous soon enough. (+50) stEam_B()at will become famous soon enough. (+50) stEam_B()at will become famous soon enough. (+50) stEam_B()at will become famous soon enough. (+50) stEam_B()at will become famous soon enough. (+50) stEam_B()at will become famous soon enough. (+50) stEam_B()at will become famous soon enough. (+50) stEam_B()at will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    8oz fatfree yogurt with 2-3 tblspn raw oats and 2 tblspn nattyPB..this is my morning snack and is darn good sometimes i put a few tblspns rawoats in my cereal or protein shake.

raw meening steel cut oats? cause thats what im speaking of.

Registered (ab)user dillingerescp's Avatar
    dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I do it all the time, just walk over, pour some good dry oats into my hand... chomp chomp.
    "Friends come and go, but 200 pounds will always be 200 pounds."

Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I do it every day, 2-3 times a day. Yes
    If life gives you AIDS, make lemonAIDS

ISSA Certified CFT

knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There is nothing wrong with consuming oats raw. However, I think that it's very possible for them to be passed if you just swallow them without chewing any. I would recommend buying a coffee grinder for $10 from Wal-Mart to grind them up and then mix them with milk or something.
    Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165969711

JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Who? View Post
    I eat a lot of oatmeal and the taste is ok, but after a while it just gets old. Could I just get a scoop from the tube and swallow it with water? Will my body digest it, will I get the same nutrients from it as I would cooking it?
    tried that for the first time myself today and i must say it's a hell of a lot easier than cooking the stuff
    Powerlifting log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172662011&page=1

BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JiP View Post
    tried that for the first time myself today and i must say it's a hell of a lot easier than cooking the stuff
    Try Old Fashion with Milk in the morning. I think it taste like cereal (which is my favorite food of all time), without all the added ingredients
    The only time you'll ever see 'success' before 'work' is in the dictionary

OGZERS, it's been 3 hours and 6 minutes since my last meal, teh biceptz are going catabawlick!!!!

Bodybuilding is simple, not easy..

ranDOMED will become famous soon enough. (+50) ranDOMED will become famous soon enough. (+50) ranDOMED will become famous soon enough. (+50) ranDOMED will become famous soon enough. (+50) ranDOMED will become famous soon enough. (+50) ranDOMED will become famous soon enough. (+50) ranDOMED will become famous soon enough. (+50) ranDOMED will become famous soon enough. (+50) ranDOMED will become famous soon enough. (+50) ranDOMED will become famous soon enough. (+50) ranDOMED will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BabyBodybuilder View Post
    Try Old Fashion with Milk in the morning. I think it taste like cereal (which is my favorite food of all time), without all the added ingredients
    YES!

TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Besides oatmeal, one of my favorite protein shakes to eat right now that I'm partially obsessed with now after reading through other people's threads on the forums is:

1-2 Scoops ON Chocalte Whey Protein + 1/2 cup oats + 1 banana + 8-12 ounces skim milk

Blend that for about 30-40 seconds on high and you'll have one hell of a good shake. Add peanut butter if you want a thicker consistency or need more calories in your shake. I love eating these PWO. Soooooooooo good.
    Only Those Who Risk Going Too Far Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go

Forever Cutting (My Road to 10%):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163945981

kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TheNormalMan View Post
    Besides oatmeal, one of my favorite protein shakes to eat right now that I'm partially obsessed with now after reading through other people's threads on the forums is:

1-2 Scoops ON Chocalte Whey Protein + 1/2 cup oats + 1 banana + 8-12 ounces skim milk

Blend that for about 30-40 seconds on high and you'll have one hell of a good shake. Add peanut butter if you want a thicker consistency or need more calories in your shake. I love eating these PWO. Soooooooooo good.
    I'm sure it's been covered before, but would consuming oats PWO slow down digestion/absorbtion of protein?

norcalmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) norcalmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) norcalmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) norcalmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) norcalmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) norcalmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) norcalmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) norcalmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) norcalmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) norcalmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) norcalmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I tried drinking uncooked oats before, for me at least they were hard to get down. I'd reccomend blending them and putting them in with a protein shake.
    Pain breeds strength, trust your struggle.

kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50)

NO to raw oats....?

I have Quaker's oats, and according to my folks, you can't eat 'em raw... they said if I wanna eat oats without cooking 'em, I gotta buy instant oats or pre-cooked oats...

does it matter what brand of oats or what kind of oats they are?

... or are my folks crazy or something?

TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Cooked oats: delicious and healthy

Raw oats: deadly

bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I eat raw oats all the time (when i am not on keto at least lol). They are utterly delicious, I prefer them to cooked
    Bodybuilding literally saved my life.

Lift Starting/Current
    Squat 160/365
    Deadlift 150/455
    Bench 140/315
    DB Overhead Press 30's/85's

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What I do:

Mix .5 cups oats with 2 oz apple juice (that's 1/4 cup, 4 tbsp). Let sit for 15 minutes. Enjoy.

I use quick oats.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

NO to raw oats....?

I have Quaker's oats, and according to my folks, you can't eat 'em raw... they said if I wanna eat oats without cooking 'em, I gotta buy instant oats or pre-cooked oats...

Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kidkurious View Post

As already mentioned quaker's oats are pre-steamed and good to go. Clearly your parents are crazy, just like the rest of them.

Shelbz
    SoIFightWithAPenToEnlightenAFriend...

To Explode with Rage, To Quake with Joy, To Be Immortal.
    How Many People Got Controll Of Their Minds?

MyLegsCompellMeToRunMyHeartCompellsMeToFly
    LoveIsAnActionWordsoThinkForYourselfandDoForOthers

alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50)

The answer will always be yes to that one. Parents can be insane.

Maxed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maxed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah its true parents cant tell you the most rubbish somtimes about your Nutrition, I eat raw oats every morning I love em

DJJayito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Morning / pre-workout protein shakes

I've been looking for ways of adding GOOD CARBS - ENERGY CARBS to my morning protein shakes. I have THOUGHT about adding some uncooked oats to the blender and seeing if that would work. Now I just might try, after reading most of this thread.

MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If I had a penny every time someone made a thread asking about eating "raw oats".....f*ck!

Yes, your folks just don't have a clue unfortunately.

Rolled oats aren't raw, they're de-hulled, steamed, flattened & toasted before they leave the factory. So no, you don't have to "warm them up" before eating them.

Raw oats look like this:

Then they go through this at the Quaker factory:

Eventually they come out like this:

Last edited by MikeK46; 10-24-2011 at 12:12 PM.

digitalangel3 is just really nice. (+1000) digitalangel3 is just really nice. (+1000) digitalangel3 is just really nice. (+1000) digitalangel3 is just really nice. (+1000) digitalangel3 is just really nice. (+1000) digitalangel3 is just really nice. (+1000) digitalangel3 is just really nice. (+1000) digitalangel3 is just really nice. (+1000) digitalangel3 is just really nice. (+1000) digitalangel3 is just really nice. (+1000) digitalangel3 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i usually blend 3/4c "raw" oats, 1scoop protein and enough water to mix. yummy!!!

BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A tip for use in shakes, pre-blend them before blending into shake because it can get clumpy if you don't.
    Short term Goal: To cut back before bulking like a demon.
    Mid term Goal: To find myself.
    Long term Goal: To get what's mine.

67 lbs in 9 years and still counting... (started at 100lbs)

It's a hater's job to hate. So let them hate...

meyerson914 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) meyerson914 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) meyerson914 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) meyerson914 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) meyerson914 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) meyerson914 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) meyerson914 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) meyerson914 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) meyerson914 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) meyerson914 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) meyerson914 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

tried it for the first time

raw oats...not bad! a touch dry (obviously)...but simple and tasty. i get bored of the hot stuff.

tshelby123 is not very helpful. (-500) tshelby123 is not very helpful. (-500) tshelby123 is not very helpful. (-500) tshelby123 is not very helpful. (-500) tshelby123 is not very helpful. (-500) tshelby123 is not very helpful. (-500) tshelby123 is not very helpful. (-500) tshelby123 is not very helpful. (-500) tshelby123 is not very helpful. (-500) tshelby123 is not very helpful. (-500) tshelby123 is not very helpful. (-500)
    I eat 4 cups raw a day.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by meyerson914 View Post
    raw oats...not bad! a touch dry (obviously)...but simple and tasty. i get bored of the hot stuff.
    Epic bump