bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000)

What fish do you eat? Need tilapia replacement

I was wondering what kind of white fish do you ladies eat? I am looking for some alternatives to tilapia and was thinking about cod or rainbow trout since they are high in omega 3. Ideally I'd like to be able to find it at Costco but Whole Foods works for me too.

I ran across an article that says farm raised tilapia (which is the only kind I can usually find) is bad because it has a high omega-6 to omega 3 ratio (somewhere around 11:1 and you want something b/n 5:1 and 1:1).....here is the article if you're interested http://www.wkyc.com/news/health/heal...=92741&catid=7 It bummed me out cuz I really like my tilapia

Tuna and salmon are already part of my diet. Interestingly, tuna is not a good source of omega 3 (unless you buy these gourmet variety types). I think it's related to the way it is processed.

Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Fish, to taste right, must swim three times - in water, in butter, and in wine.

[none of which I eat/drink - so I am of no help to you today .. just felt like commenting]
    Right now it doesn't matter what the results will be.
    Whats more important is that you test the waters. You share the story.. you add a different aspect to your recovery..

Leap and the net will appear..

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've commented on this at least a half a dozen times, but the Omega 6 to Omega 3 ratio of tilapia is NOT a problem. You need to worry about the ratio of your whole diet, not just ONE particular food. You can easily correct the ratio of your diet with fish oil caps.

Also, there is VERY little fat at all in tilapia, so you are hardly changing your dietary O6 to O3 ratio from it.

Usually what skews O6 to O3 in diet is nuts, peanuts, nut oils, and corn oil.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Megin View Post

[none of which I eat/drink - so I am of no help to you today .. just felt like commenting]
    Ha ha...I love that!

Originally Posted by terracotta View Post
    I've commented on this at least a half a dozen times, but the Omega 6 to Omega 3 ratio of tilapia is NOT a problem. You need to worry about the ratio of your whole diet, not just ONE particular food. You can easily correct the ratio of your diet with fish oil caps.

Also, there is VERY little fat at all in tilapia, so you are hardly changing your dietary O6 to O3 ratio from it.

^^^This.

Cod has the most horrible flavor and texture of any fish I've ever eaten so I personally suggest avoiding that.

There are lots of fish that are decent sources of omega 3's but salmon and halibut are tasty "fish" source of omega 3's if you're trying to get them through diet.

bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000)
    lol

Originally Posted by terracotta View Post

Thanks Terra...I must have missed those other posts. You may also know the answer to a question I have about fish oil caps and mercury. I should be looking for brands that use "molecular distillation" to ensure they've been purified to an acceptable level correct?

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    NOW foods guarantees all their Omega 3 products to be contaminant free. I'd just go with theirs. If you don't want fish oil burps, get one that's enteric coated. NOW Ultra Omega-3 is a good option.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50)

^^^ROFLMAO!!

I know people LOVE, LOVE, LOVE their tilapia, but I find that there is not enough fat for me. It's like Chinese food: I eat it and 1/2 hour later I am starving again! I'm a salmon fan, myself.

Sorry, no help at all...
    Live life, lift heavy and be happy..Oh! And BSavage too!
    ~Angimal

Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000)
    Are you near a Trader Joe's? If so, pick up a couple of their frozen turbot fillets.

javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100)
    If you want to avoid the fish oil burps, just take it immediately before you eat rather than after.

AUTiger13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AUTiger13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AUTiger13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AUTiger13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AUTiger13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AUTiger13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AUTiger13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AUTiger13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AUTiger13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AUTiger13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AUTiger13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bebeklein View Post
    lol

Thanks Terra...I must have missed those other posts. You may also know the answer to a question I have about fish oil caps and mercury. I should be looking for brands that use "molecular distillation" to ensure they've been purified to an acceptable level correct?
    I have posted this before:

The quality is more determined by the manufacturer, as opposed to the retail company.

Ocean Nutrition is the world's largest fish oil manufacturer. They're also a "leading proponent of the Global Organization of EPA and DHA Omega-3 (GOED) monograph, which establishes strict quality standards for manufacturing marine-sourced Omega-3 fatty acids."

Their brand is MEG-3? - you'd look for their little label somewhere on the label of the brand you're buying. Even the Costco brand uses MEG-3?.

Read their site for all their QC information (MEG-3? is the only fish oil ingredient to achieve USP verification, thus setting the standard for quality.)

http://www.onc.ca/
    http://maximumfitnessconsulting.com
    https://www.instagram.com/noelmaxfit/
    http://www.********.com/profile.php?id=1298381725#!/MaximumFitnessConsulting

Originally Posted by Tiffany_P View Post
    Are you near a Trader Joe's? If so, pick up a couple of their frozen turbot fillets.
    How do you cook them.

Originally Posted by AUTiger13 View Post
    I have posted this before:

The quality is more determined by the manufacturer, as opposed to the retail company.

Ocean Nutrition is the world's largest fish oil manufacturer. They're also a "leading proponent of the Global Organization of EPA and DHA Omega-3 (GOED) monograph, which establishes strict quality standards for manufacturing marine-sourced Omega-3 fatty acids."

Their brand is MEG-3? - you'd look for their little label somewhere on the label of the brand you're buying. Even the Costco brand uses MEG-3?.

Read their site for all their QC information (MEG-3? is the only fish oil ingredient to achieve USP verification, thus setting the standard for quality.)

http://www.onc.ca/
    Thanks for that info! The kind I have now does say MEG-3

wolverinebeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the same question for the tilapia or white fish. I haven't bought any and I'm in peek week I have tones of chicken cause they took my beef and salmon away so I need a replacement for tiliapia and I have tuna. Is tuna ok?

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Carlsons Fish Oil is how I get my Omegas. I don't like fish enough to eat it every week.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."