lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Surgery = no gym, how do you cope?

I was wondering how do you ladies cope with this - for those of you that had to have surgery and as a result were out for a while? I am going crazy My doc said that I will be out for couple of weeks. I was kind of thinking 2 at the most. Now its at least 4 and maybe more. I was bulking (month 5) when I had my surgery almost 3 weeks ago. I was doing so good in the gym. I was not ready for this at all. All of the sudden I can't do anything How do you guys cope? Currently I am eating slightly under maint. I am afraid to lose everything I worked for so hard. This sucks

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oh that sucks, what kind of surgery was it? I haven't had surgery recently but have been out for a month or more at a time due to injury. I hated it but was at least able to do light legs/cardio with an upper body injury. I suggest eating at least at maint, if not a little more, and keep your protein high, take some BCAAs too if you can. When I went back I didn't actually lose much strength at all, 4-6 weeks out won't ruin your gains. The first couple workouts will be hard but I was pretty much back to normal after a couple weeks.

All that down time is very hard mentally I know. All you can really do is eat well, rest, and do everything correctly to make sure you heal well so you can get back to the gym in good health. If it's been 3 weeks already I'd think you're pretty close to be cleared to do some type of exercise, even if it's simply light cardio.

Hang in there OP!
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Oh that sucks, what kind of surgery was it? I haven't had surgery recently but have been out for a month or more at a time due to injury. I hated it but was at least able to do light legs/cardio with an upper body injury. I suggest eating at least at maint, if not a little more, and keep your protein high, take some BCAAs too if you can. When I went back I didn't actually lose much strength at all, 4-6 weeks out won't ruin your gains. The first couple workouts will be hard but I was pretty much back to normal after a couple weeks.

All that down time is very hard mentally I know. All you can really do is eat well, rest, and do everything correctly to make sure you heal well so you can get back to the gym in good health. If it's been 3 weeks already I'd think you're pretty close to be cleared to do some type of exercise, even if it's simply light cardio.

Hang in there OP!

Thank you, I didn't think about BCAA's. I had cosmetic surgery and I really regret it Can't wait to go back to the gym! Thanx.

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    do you regret it in general or only b/c it's forced a workout hiatus for you? i totally agree abt at least eating at maintenance, if not a little above, and keeping protein high and having bcaa's. are you allowed to do anything? maybe w/ bands, if not weights? can you take walks outside? fresh air and ust moving help mentally, and when i had surgery, he actually wanted me walking straightaway. definitely wait till you're cleared to do anything, and be very clear on what you are and aren't cleared for, but see if you're allowed to do anything. in the last year, while bulking, i was totally out of commission twice. first was my 3 colon surgeries. 3 months in hospital bed. so literally nothing. second time was my 6 fractured vertebrae, 2 at a time, 3 separate occasions. it was my stupidity. well, the first two i didn't know abt (obv felt lots of pain but never got checked out, didn't hear the snap, and didn't skip a beat w/ my workouts. just modified my legs workout) and then when i had the 2nd two, i went back to lifting too soon and fractured the 3rd two. lesson learned and i took a while off and then just did cardio (be careful not to overdo it, though, esp while bulking. was sort of hard for me to hold back b/c i was just so happy to be doing anything) and then corrective exercises and light weights. the only things i haven't gotten back are pull ups and chin ups. i don't know why. am back w/ lat pulldowns and inverted rows, for ex. and there are things i just will not do right now out of fear, which is probably a smart thing. it does suck and is humbling and there were definitely times when i thought muscle memory was a lie. but you'll get back there. hell, your break isn't even that long so you'll be back in no time. but just ease into things slowly. i don't know abt you, but i am a voracious reader of all things fitness and nutrition. so use your time to learn more. or to plan the next steps of your bulk. or start a journal here or a blog. you can keep engaged and into all this fitness w/o being able to work out.

Attaifivy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Where to find usefull information about the dreambox receiver

way2bookmarks com/story php?title=Free-of-charge-DISH-Network-HDTV-Receiver-Lead]dm800se hd pvr
    zimbio com/General/articles/rK4VWX9Mcxm/Dish+Group+Satellite+Tv+Computer+system+Receiver?a dd=True]dm800se manual
    sodmg com/member/brandenwilso24/blog/34774/100-%25-free-DISH-Community-HDTV-Receiver-Tutorial]dreambox dm800se
    events elmjierdemekimetra podomatic com/entry/2012-04-06T04_16_38-07_00]sunray sr4
    maryellenforohio com/2012/04/06/aspiration-multimedias-dreambox-receiver-2/]dreambox dm800se
    dominbenito com/2012/04/06/dm800se-sim210-300mbit-wlan/]dreambox dm 800 server
    diigo com/user/vaughnpeters15?domain=dm800se******53 qapacity com]gemini image for dm800se clone
    video-bookmark com/bookmark/939362/a-outstanding-dreambox-800/]dm800 hd pvr price
    last fm/user/marshallleon38/journal/2012/04/06/5eqre0_installation_strategies_for_immediate_tv_hd tv_receivers?success=1]dreambox dm 800 se hd pvr dvb s2 tuner
    video-bookmark com/bookmark/939344/dm800se-sim210-300mbit-wlan/]dm800 twin tuner
    raptr com/jeffersoncot922/wall]search the web
    [url=http://columbusound.com/2012/04/06/immediate-tv-satellite-receiver-terrific-top-quality-reception/]dm800 settings tool[/url]

Originally Posted by andrerox80 View Post
    do you regret it in general or only b/c it's forced a workout hiatus for you? i totally agree abt at least eating at maintenance, if not a little above, and keeping protein high and having bcaa's. are you allowed to do anything? maybe w/ bands, if not weights? can you take walks outside? fresh air and ust moving help mentally, and when i had surgery, he actually wanted me walking straightaway. definitely wait till you're cleared to do anything, and be very clear on what you are and aren't cleared for, but see if you're allowed to do anything. in the last year, while bulking, i was totally out of commission twice. first was my 3 colon surgeries. 3 months in hospital bed. so literally nothing. second time was my 6 fractured vertebrae, 2 at a time, 3 separate occasions. it was my stupidity. well, the first two i didn't know abt (obv felt lots of pain but never got checked out, didn't hear the snap, and didn't skip a beat w/ my workouts. just modified my legs workout) and then when i had the 2nd two, i went back to lifting too soon and fractured the 3rd two. lesson learned and i took a while off and then just did cardio (be careful not to overdo it, though, esp while bulking. was sort of hard for me to hold back b/c i was just so happy to be doing anything) and then corrective exercises and light weights. the only things i haven't gotten back are pull ups and chin ups. i don't know why. am back w/ lat pulldowns and inverted rows, for ex. and there are things i just will not do right now out of fear, which is probably a smart thing. it does suck and is humbling and there were definitely times when i thought muscle memory was a lie. but you'll get back there. hell, your break isn't even that long so you'll be back in no time. but just ease into things slowly. i don't know abt you, but i am a voracious reader of all things fitness and nutrition. so use your time to learn more. or to plan the next steps of your bulk. or start a journal here or a blog. you can keep engaged and into all this fitness w/o being able to work out.
    It is both. I did not think this through and also was not ready for the mental aspect of it. I thought it would be minor, not the case. The doctors, of course, will tell you that you will be out running a marathon in no time, yeah, right I tried cardio – walking outside for 40 minutes 2 weeks ago and really regretted it. Maybe it is a loss in production of endorphins, but I feel like I am in some depression hole. Can’t sleep at all, lots of anxiety, etc. Def going for BCAA’s and above maint. Honestly, I just wasn’t ready for this.
    You went through a lot, 3 months in hospital bed??? I am sorry, that would drive me insane, you must be a strong person. I am a very anxious person and I found that besides meds (which I hate and would only take in case of a serious emergency), being active (gym, running, etc) is what keeps me relatively normal.
    Journal is a good idea. I started reading Rippetoe’s Starting Strength and find it very educational. Can’t wait to apply it to practice. I make myself count macros, but kind of let Bodymedia go, tired of it. Just have to pull it together. Thank you!

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by lotusdeva View Post
    It is both. I did not think this through and also was not ready for the mental aspect of it. I thought it would be minor, not the case. The doctors, of course, will tell you that you will be out running a marathon in no time, yeah, right I tried cardio – walking outside for 40 minutes 2 weeks ago and really regretted it. Maybe it is a loss in production of endorphins, but I feel like I am in some depression hole. Can’t sleep at all, lots of anxiety, etc. Def going for BCAA’s and above maint. Honestly, I just wasn’t ready for this.
    You went through a lot, 3 months in hospital bed??? I am sorry, that would drive me insane, you must be a strong person. I am a very anxious person and I found that besides meds (which I hate and would only take in case of a serious emergency), being active (gym, running, etc) is what keeps me relatively normal.
    Journal is a good idea. I started reading Rippetoe’s Starting Strength and find it very educational. Can’t wait to apply it to practice. I make myself count macros, but kind of let Bodymedia go, tired of it. Just have to pull it together. Thank you!
    did you have implants? b/c there are heaps of threads abt getting them, recovering, etc. try searching. and i am not strong. i wanted to die. literally begged to die on the table. pretty pathetic and the opposite of strong. i'm very anxious too and take the meds you try to avoid. i can't function w/o them. when is your next doc appt? know you're not where you wanna be, but is your healing on track for where you should be?

Laurataylor573 is not very well liked. (-100) Laurataylor573 is not very well liked. (-100) Laurataylor573 is not very well liked. (-100) Laurataylor573 is not very well liked. (-100) Laurataylor573 is not very well liked. (-100) Laurataylor573 is not very well liked. (-100) Laurataylor573 is not very well liked. (-100) Laurataylor573 is not very well liked. (-100) Laurataylor573 is not very well liked. (-100) Laurataylor573 is not very well liked. (-100) Laurataylor573 is not very well liked. (-100)
    I feel your pain, I was really ill over christmas and had 6 weeks out was in hospital for 3. I found that I felt close to tears the entire time. I have just managed to build up my stength up again and got pretty much back to where I was before xmas and now I have torn my cruciate ligament on Friday. It isnt as bad coz at least I was train my upper but I can't train my legs at all or do any cardio. I think it must be the lack of endophines but I have felt angry and upset all day today. My PT has just cancelled tomorrows arms and back session with me coz he isn't well and it has really upset me. He never cancels and must be really ill but all I could think was that I need to train. How selfish is that. I would say if you can, do something everytime you would normally train, whether its just going to the gym and walking on treadmill or chatting and catching up with your gym friends. I found this helped coz I at least kept up the socail side of training and kept my routine up. Other people generally don't understand how hard it is to stop training, I got a lot of people telling me to just enjoy the break, these people see training as something that is a chore not a hobby. Overall try not to worry too much, you'll get your fittness and strength back quickly and if your like me youll enjoy doing it. My cardio fittnes was not effected at all, my strength took longer but this was because of the medication I was on. Hope you have a speedy recovery.
    Winners can try and fail, a failure will fail to try.

@andrerox80 Nop It was supposed to be an easy procedure to remove extra tissue, turned into crap I will try gym in a week and going to try every week. Just feels that I will do more damage now then good.

But you made it through and it is all that matters. We are our own worst critics and never give ourselves enough credit. So many people without any health issues never make it to the gym, leading unhealthy life styles..

Ppl have different brain chemestry, for some meds work and that is great (it is hard to find the right ones though, at least for me - 2 years of trying didn't get me anywhere good), for some alternatives are better. I am learning on how to function without have them though, in my purse at all times, just in case

Saw the doc yesterday - should slow down, take time, it will heal, blah, blah, blah. He said that yes, sometimes it takes that long and can take longer. I feel stupid because really my issue is not big, just wasn't ready to be out of the gym for 4-6 weeks. I might as well have gotten boobs, probably takes the same to recover

@Laurataylor573
    Yes, I agree, it is brain chemestry. I am angry and anxious and can't sleep, like something is missing. Never realized how important exercise is. Thank you!

Just feels that I will do more damage now then good.
    then don't do it. seriously.

Originally Posted by andrerox80 View Post
    then don't do it. seriously.
    Oh, I am not I was referring to that time when I went for a walk. Doc said ok to try in a week, so will try then.

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yes, I agree, it is brain chemestry. I am angry and anxious and can't sleep, like something is missing. Never realized how important exercise is. Thank you!
    Oh, its actually thought that people self-medicate depression and anxiety with exercise, just as some people do with drugs. Fortunate for those who figure out that exercise works, huh?

I was out for almost 4 months, still not back into it full swing and probably won't be for a few months more. You just have to roll with it, life is hopefully long and you will encounter many challenges like this in that time. The gym will still be there. Making yourself feel better just by moving when you can will help, get some sun, spend time outside.

Dieting is not a good idea for muscle preservation though, I myself was sorely tempted to knock off a few pounds after sitting on the couch for 16 weeks while my butt grew, but I have not. I am just trying to maintain while I work my way back, it takes patience, but knowing its the right thing to do in the long run helps.
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I was wondering how do you ladies cope with this - for those of you that had to have surgery and as a result were out for a while? I am going crazy My doc said that I will be out for couple of weeks. I was kind of thinking 2 at the most. Now its at least 4 and maybe more. I was bulking (month 5) when I had my surgery almost 3 weeks ago. I was doing so good in the gym. I was not ready for this at all. All of the sudden I can't do anything How do you guys cope? Currently I am eating slightly under maint. I am afraid to lose everything I worked for so hard. This sucks
    I didn't read every response, so sorry if this is a repeat. I would never advise eating under maintenance after a surgery. The extra calories will give more vitamins, minerals and nutrients which are crucial for your recovery. It also helps with keeping up your strength and tends to make it easier when you get the green light back to the gym.

You'll be fine.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Thank you ladies (kimm4 and rowyn)! I realized that I lost about 4 pounds while eating 1800 calories (slighly below maint). Went to 2000 really fast after that. I am def learning from this experience

liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lotus

from the ways things sound I offer the following quote "the world and other people give you enough crap, don't take any from yourself"

So tissue was removed in a comestic surgery....being unawre of the surgery it is hard to say what you can and can't do.

I have a history of trama injuries ( hit my 3 cars - 1 caused wrist damage, 1 caused knee damage 1 causes ankle damage) (2 elbow tendonitus surgerys) and currently got a tendon issue in my knee from a weight falling on it...also patella damage. That said 2 of these have come within the past year where I am lifting and being heathly........I don't want to say not to listen to your doctor (like I don't) ....but you should probably be able to do some form of exercise.

Running and full body exercise and many compound exercises are the first thing to rule out. If you got surgery on you uppper body....do standing calf raises on the stairs. If you knee is in a cast ...lay on the bed and strech a work out band.

If you say exactly where the surgery was I might have more specific ideas.

Originally Posted by liuzhoudragon View Post
    Lotus

from the ways things sound I offer the following quote "the world and other people give you enough crap, don't take any from yourself"

So tissue was removed in a comestic surgery....being unawre of the surgery it is hard to say what you can and can't do.

I have a history of trama injuries ( hit my 3 cars - 1 caused wrist damage, 1 caused knee damage 1 causes ankle damage) (2 elbow tendonitus surgerys) and currently got a tendon issue in my knee from a weight falling on it...also patella damage. That said 2 of these have come within the past year where I am lifting and being heathly........I don't want to say not to listen to your doctor (like I don't) ....but you should probably be able to do some form of exercise.

Running and full body exercise and many compound exercises are the first thing to rule out. If you got surgery on you uppper body....do standing calf raises on the stairs. If you knee is in a cast ...lay on the bed and strech a work out band.

If you say exactly where the surgery was I might have more specific ideas.
    Thank you! I feel better and went back to the gym this week. No cardio, light weights, slowly building up to where I left off. Back to the bulk slowly. Probably it will take another 4 weeks to get to where I left off since I have been out for 4 weeks. It's ok, I am back and it all that matters

elin70s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elin70s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm dreading my gallbladder removal surgery next month, I've been working so hard and it does feel like I'm going to have to step back for a while. It'll be worth it though, once I'm all healed then I can really start to do some serious work on myself, at the moment it's babysteps and frustrating to not be able to really go for it. I hopefully will be able to get back to light cardio after 3-4 weeks and then by six, be back to normal workouts.