rawwaverage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need some ab advice

I've been lifting weights for a couple of weeks now and I've been seeing some great results. I've been incorporating cardio twice a week but I've noticed that it hasn't been targeting my belly fat(although I don't have a lot.) I train abs right after cardio but my belly fat is stubborn. I flex my abs and I can see the top 4 abs but that's only when I flex. Should I do more cardio and ab exercises in a week?

Baptised in Fire and Ice DoogShnooglis's Avatar
    DoogShnooglis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoogShnooglis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoogShnooglis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoogShnooglis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoogShnooglis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoogShnooglis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoogShnooglis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoogShnooglis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoogShnooglis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoogShnooglis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoogShnooglis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    There's no such thing as targeting belly fat. You should move your cardio to last so you have more energy for your other exercises, but just stay the course otherwise. You can eventually have abs if you get lean enough. Or just grow. Or one after the other.
    I'm a carnal, organic anagram / Human flesh instead of written letters / I rearrange my pathetic tissue / I incise, I replace, I'm reformed / I eradicate the fake pre-present me / Elevate me to a higher human form / The characters I am, made into a word complete / Then I'll be the new norm

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." - Mark Twain

JulieC26 is a name known to all. (+5000) JulieC26 is a name known to all. (+5000) JulieC26 is a name known to all. (+5000) JulieC26 is a name known to all. (+5000) JulieC26 is a name known to all. (+5000) JulieC26 is a name known to all. (+5000) JulieC26 is a name known to all. (+5000) JulieC26 is a name known to all. (+5000) JulieC26 is a name known to all. (+5000) JulieC26 is a name known to all. (+5000) JulieC26 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I usually do ab workouts on my leg days and my rest days. I was told that in order to actually see progress in making abs, you have to eat right!!!!
    That was a huge problem for me, because I used to focus on ab workouts so much, yet eat whatever at home/out. I saw absolutely no progress...

In addition, most workouts target abdominals, esp. in squats, bench press, deadliifts, and much more~

Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fabs23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DoogShnooglis View Post
    There's no such thing as targeting belly fat. You should move your cardio to last so you have more energy for your other exercises, but just stay the course otherwise. You can eventually have abs if you get lean enough. Or just grow. Or one after the other.
    This guy nailed it. Only thing I can add is if OP wants to gain size, you want higher intensity cardio interval training in small doses (20-25 mins) after weight training is done.....and DIET DIET DIET. If I lift 5 days a week, I'm finishing with 20 mins tabata/interval cardio 5 days a week. But yeah no targeting fat areas, you can't control it. Just stick with your routine....and for the love of God pay attention to your diet!

Registered User Dannylightning1's Avatar
    Dannylightning1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dannylightning1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dannylightning1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dannylightning1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dannylightning1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dannylightning1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dannylightning1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dannylightning1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dannylightning1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dannylightning1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dannylightning1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ab workouts wont do anything but make your abs stronger and/or bigger

using more calories than you take in is what will make you loose the belly fat. excuse me, Body fat you will loose fat all over your body, just keep dieting and burning the extra calories off with lifting and cardio if you want to get rid of your belly fat. it does not matter what exercise you do as far as fat loss, as long as you are burning more calories than you take in you will loose fat.
    I hurt my back a while back and could not do much than got lazy for several years. In late 2013 I started lifting again, still have back problems but at least i am lifting again, cant go heavy on allot of stuff but i do what i can.