Page 5 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast
    Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jjeane View Post
    I am proud to say I packed a cooler to take to the gym because I had to go into town after. This way I saved the calories and didn’t eat out. Lunch out is a big downfall in my weekly calories!
    I have to pack all of my lunches at once, since I am worthless in the morning. It's a life saver and saves tons of $$$.
    ~TEAM AMAZON~ Sisterhood of Iron

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144133491
    MyFitnessPal Food Diary: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/perpetua3d

"Whether you think you can or you thing you can't, you're right!" - Henry Ford

Just doing the prep work! jjeane's Avatar
    jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Redfizz, thanks for stopping by. Can I just tell you I love your journal! You are just so darn funny! And you have me lusting after a body media.
    Plus, I am satisfied with what I ate. It was high protein, so I ma not really hungry and I know I didn't over eat!
    Spoon Barbell Club

My Journal- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147722593

No person with dignity and a soul wants a hand out- they want to earn what they have. Jim Wendler

Set your bar high, be kind, and do more of what makes you stronger. Eleiko

Love over fear

marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am having the best day! Thank you so much MM. The workout was great, we went and saw the pad for our new house and barn and talked to the framer. So excited! My kids woke up singing to me with homemade cards. What more could I ask for? Life is wonderful!
    And that is the way a birthday is supposed to happen - great workout, exciting talk about the future, and your loves showering you with their love! Glad it was a great day!!
    Please join me on my journey to find balance:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147375163

SweetDdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SweetDdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SweetDdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SweetDdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SweetDdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SweetDdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SweetDdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SweetDdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SweetDdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SweetDdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Happy belated birthday!

I enjoyed reading your journal - I have always wanted an animal farm When I move from the NE, I want to build a chicken coop and raise goats (dairy and/or angora). My step-mother had a house pig, and it seemed easy enough to raise, but she (the pig) always charged me when I came to visit.

Keep up the great work

Cheers!

jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000)
    SweetDdee, thanks for stopping by. Farm animals are tons of fun and worth all the work! Pigs can be pretty dangerous when they get big. Once they are over 200# I won't go in the pen at all, unless I have a very big stick!

Hi everyone! Happy hump day!
    I tried Blitz for the first time today before my workout. I think it really helped, at least mentally. My arms are tired!! Don’t know why the bi’s are so shaky, but that can’t be a bad sign. I am going to try and add some more should work. I don’t have that nice curve on the delts that I really want.
    I crashed and burned last night on the foods. Hubs took up to mexican food. Should have stayed away form the chip and should have had a salad but oh well. Today will be better. Funny thing is the scaled stayed within 1/2 a lb.
    So here is goes. I wanted to state on all my workouts I keep rest to a minimum. No rest between SS exercises and 1 min in between sets. I try to just keep moving.

Push press
    3x12xBB

Squat
    3x20x+90

SS
    Pull/Assisted pull
    3 unassist + 6x+40
    2 unassist + 5x+40
    5x+40
    +
    Bench
    3x15x55 bar to chest each rep

SS
    Split squat on smith
    3x12x+70
    +
    BB bent row
    3x12x65

Lat raise + front raise
    3x10x12.5e

Plank
    3x75 sec

Let's see if this works.

Last edited by jjeane; 12-05-2012 at 09:43 AM. Reason: trying to figure out how to post a pic
    Spoon Barbell Club

No person with dignity and a soul wants a hand out- they want to earn what they have. Jim Wendler

Love over fear

RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ive never wanted to run a full blown farm but ive always been interested in the process

what do the pluses mean (+)

and heres the page on how to embed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/misc.p...bbcode#imgcode

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks RB! Now I can post pics! Need to get hubs to take some progress pictures!
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000)
    I had no idea that pigs could be so dangerous. Is it because of their size and they just don't know any better, or is it like the wild boars?

I wanted a pygmy goat, but honey said no.

Originally Posted by RyouBakua View Post
    ive never wanted to run a full blown farm but ive always been interested in the process

what do the pluses mean (+)

and heres the page on how to embed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/misc.p...bbcode#imgcode
    +'s are weight added to bar on smith. And thanks so much! I figured it out! I was copying the wrong link! WHOOP!
    Anything you want to know about running one just ask! I may have a sorta good answer!
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

Originally Posted by Redfizz View Post
    I had no idea that pigs could be so dangerous. Is it because of their size and they just don't know any better, or is it like the wild boars?

No I am just computer tarded sometimes. I knew I was doing something wrong and I knew it was the link that was wrong but couldn't find the right one. By reply quoting some people's threads I figured it out! Yes I am blonde.
    I really like goats as well, but hubs doesn't like them either! Luckily he does like cows!
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    cows!

how cool

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks RB! Now I can post pics! Need to get hubs to take some progress pictures!
    no problem

never watched Hannibal?

but srsly even the tame ones can bump you. if you think a 50lb dog bumping you is bad imagine a 250lb pig. donotwant

sheep and goats are pretty cool though

what about rabbits?

The neighbors dog kept coming over and killing our chickens. Then one day I saw it trying to get in the pig pen to play. There were 7 of them in there at the time. I was really hoping he got in there, but alas he ran away. Coward! Did you hear about the man who went out to feed his pigs and never came back. They think the pigs ate him. Hence I will not breed pigs. A full size pig and be #700+. No thank you.
    No sheep for me. Had goats. No more. Hubs wants to raise rabbit when we move to the bigger farm we bought. They are easier to clean out than chickens. Well, not really since we got a chicken plucker! That thing is so cool.
    Now I can start sharing all my animal pics. Hope it doesn't annoy anyone. Oh well, if it does, no one will stop by!
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

whats wrong with sheep and goats?

i was thinking rabbit but theyre so cute i dont know what id do

never watched Hannibal?

but srsly even the tame ones can bump you. if you think a 50lb dog bumping you is bad imagine a 250lb pig. donotwant
    No I haven't seen it...

Ohmahgosh. I just read the premise and got lightheaded. Not cool. Babe is no longer cute in my eyes. Blech.

I am too much of a

to watch that. Heck, I was nauseous reading about how people are making diamonds for jewelry out of the cremated remains of their beloved pets. Are these people for real!?

On a brighter note, I have always wanted a dwarf lop eared bunny. Did you know you can litter box train them? Just don't get boys. A friend had one and had to throw out a bunch of her shoes. Just sayin'.

Hooray for animals pictures!!! No worries, I torture everyone on here with my pup pics.
    Last edited by Redfizz; 12-05-2012 at 10:39 AM.

really...just really DieselsMom's Avatar
    DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    On the pig thing we had a serial killer here in canada and he fed his victims to the pigs on his farm....just saying

Good work J.
    "That's not sweat that's your fat cells crying" anonymous

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147406883

cows!

how cool

no problem

never watched Hannibal?
    No I have never seen it. I read Silence of the Lambs in HS and it scared me enough not to need to read anymore about Lecter!

whats wrong with sheep and goats?
    Nothing wrong with either of them. We had goats for awhile, but I don't like goat meat and all the goat cheese tasted like well, goats. I know some people love goat cheese, not me. I will take my cows. Sheep, well I don't really know what I would do with them. I am not going to go into the wool business. I am in the food production business here. So we raise and grow what we eat!!!

Heck, I was nauseous reading about how people are making diamonds for jewelry out of the cremated remains of their beloved pets. Are these people for real!
    On a brighter note, I have always wanted a dwarf lop eared bunny. Did you know you can litter box train them? Just don't get boys. A friend had one and had to throw out a bunch of her shoes. Just sayin'.

Hooray for animals pictures!!! No worries, I torture everyone on here with my pup pics.
    Do not get any boys on the rabbits for sure. They multiply FAST! Are you serious about the diamond thing? No go on that one, but people are tres crazy!!

Originally Posted by DieselsMom View Post
    On the pig thing we had a serial killer here in canada and he fed his victims to the pigs on his farm....just saying

Good work J.
    Fo real? I suppose it would be a good way to get away with it. There wouldn't be much left.
    And thanks DM, I was pretty proud of that workout! I am thinking of doing the circuit I did last Fri again this Fri but up some of the weights. We shall see.
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

SweetDdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SweetDdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SweetDdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SweetDdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SweetDdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SweetDdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SweetDdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SweetDdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SweetDdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SweetDdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think those are the prettiest cows I've ever seen
    I didn't think I'd want a cow, but now....
    How big is your herd? What kind of yield do you get out of a dairy heifer? Are they sociable? Sorry for all the questions.

Cheers, Dee

Aw you snuck in a picture! They're so cute! I wanna hug them. (Which is probably why I cannot be a farmer.)

Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Aw you snuck in a picture! They're so cute! I wanna hug them. (Which is probably why I cannot be a farmer.)
    Rancher, Redfizz....why you cannot be a rancher

Farm= drive farm equipment

Ranch= drive animals

Brought to you by yourl 4-H edumacated BSG
    Journal- One of the Ogres
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139651333

Originally Posted by SweetDdee View Post
    I think those are the prettiest cows I've ever seen
    I didn't think I'd want a cow, but now....
    How big is your herd? What kind of yield do you get out of a dairy heifer? Are they sociable? Sorry for all the questions.

Cheers, Dee
    These are British White cows. These are our beef cows. I currently have 5 of them, all female, 3 of breeding age and the two you heifers in that picture. We have 6 Jersey heifers, or females. We also have 2 dairy cross steers that we will raise and butcher when they are about 18 months to 2 yrs old. The British whites are friendly for cattle, you can walk up to them and call them but I wouldn't really go petting them. the Jersey's on the other hand all wear halters and you can pet them no problem. They are very social. My cows give about 3-4 gallons when they first freshen, have a calf, and it goes down to about 2 1/2 a day when their lactation curve slackens. One will easily take care of a family.
    Do you have a journal Dee?

This one is huggable. She also licks!

Originally Posted by Big_Sky_Guy View Post

Ranch= drive animals

Oh BSG that is too funny. In your description I am a rancher then, not a farmer. However I can drive the tractor.
    I think the guys around here may get offended if I called myself a rancher. The big guys think 13 cows is nothing. To them I am a farmer I guess. I use farmer since I do a little of everything!

Yesterday I ending up at 1849 F 65, C 161, P151. The scale was down to 137. I started the week I think about 139.5
    Today I am at 1639 F 35, C205, P137. The fat and cals are probably a little off. We had pintos with ham in them for dinner. So the carbs are high and I am sure there was some fat in there I didn't add.
    This is when I wish I had a Body Media. It would give me a quick answer on my maintenance. I guess I will see what the scale says tomorrow.
    My youngest is complaining that her ear hurts. Yuck! I am concerned that her ear infection didn't heal. So I think it is back to the doc tomorrow. But maybe I can get hubs to watch her and I can still hit the gym! We shall see. I so hope so. I had high expectations for tomorrow's workout!
    Last edited by jjeane; 12-06-2012 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Forgot about macros
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

really...just really DieselsMom's Avatar
    DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My neighbour when I grew up won 5 bred herford heifers in a draw ended up paying for college by the time she went as her dad would bred the cows and sell the bull calves each year. One of the heifers would let us ride her imagine three girls on the back of one poor cow. Atleast we were smart enough to realize that we couldn't steer her (we called her My Cow cause was the same year My Girl came out) and just sat on her wandering around the pasture.

I want a body media too trying to decide if I can justify buying it for myself.
    "That's not sweat that's your fat cells crying" anonymous

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147406883

Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nothing wrong with only having a few animals, that's more than most people. And it really is semantics with the farming / ranching statement. Most people would consider yours to be a farm with a couple animals. How long have you been running British Whites?

You ladies and your toys....

OK. Out before i'm in trouble!
    Journal- One of the Ogres
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139651333

wow, having cows would be sweet

whats the cost compared to horses?

you mentioned an automatic chicken plucker last post

those things are pretty cool!

Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    Cool pics jjeane - I particularly like the brown cow.

I don`t think I could raise farm animals - I would get too attached. I'd end up with a farm full of animals I wouldn't be willing to sell!

Nice news regarding your weight - great job!

Hope your daughter's ear isn't still infected.

Have a wonderful weekend!

CC
    “Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.” Alex Karras

Follow me on IG: @Cardioconvert

'Cause I would do nothing but this all of the time:

Ranch= drive animals

I literally said out loud, "Ohhhhhhhhh," while sitting in my cubie.

This one is huggable. She also licks!

Ohhhhhhhhhhh! So cute! A friend had a pet cow. They have pictures of a little calf curled up in the kitchen. Unfortunately when it was older, it saw one of the dogs jump onto one of the people and thought it was a dog, too. Needless to say, they had to sell her. She was a cutie though!

I will say that I moved from the big city to more of a country setting a year or so ago. It was definitely a comedy of errors. (Think Funny Farm with Chevy Chase.) Today I am more acclimated to it and am to the point that I leave a little spider alone in the corner of a room, because he cleans up the ants for me.

Holy Hamstrings!

Oh I am glad it is Friday. I made it to the gym before taking Sydney to the doc. Her ear infection didn’t clear. So we try something else I guess.

RDL
    10x45
    15x65
    3x12x90

SS
    Assisted pull-ups
    3x8x+50
    +
    Incline bench
    3x15x55

SS
    walking lunge
    2x 20 steps each leg x10e
    +
    Bent over DB row
    10x30
    2x10x35

SS
    Clean and press
    3x10x45
    +
    DB hammer curls
    3x10x20e
    +
    bench dips
    3x10xBW

SS
    windmills off bosu
    2x25 each side
    +
    prone jack knife
    2x10

And that was all I had in me. I finished it in less than 40 min including a 5 min warm up.
    Scale still at 137. Which is cool. I am getting around 130 g of protein. So I guess I just watch and see what happens.
    Busy weekend here. Santa in the park is tomorrow night. We need to butcher more chickens tomorrow also. Sunday we AI cows. I am so hoping I get that figured out. It will open a whole new realm for me.
    Now to reply to everyone!
    Last edited by jjeane; 12-07-2012 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Forgot time
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

Originally Posted by DieselsMom View Post
    My neighbour when I grew up won 5 bred herford heifers in a draw ended up paying for college by the time she went as her dad would bred the cows and sell the bull calves each year. One of the heifers would let us ride her imagine three girls on the back of one poor cow. Atleast we were smart enough to realize that we couldn't steer her (we called her My Cow cause was the same year My Girl came out) and just sat on her wandering around the pasture.

I want a body media too trying to decide if I can justify buying it for myself.
    That would be so cool to ride a cow!! The kids who won the Houston Livestock show last ear got over $200,00 for college. Need to get my kids in FFA baby! I can see how it would pay for college.
    On the Body media, I am torn between that and a wide angle lens for my camera! Too bad I can split the cost with someone, cause I don't think I would use if forever. Just get and idea where I am at and go from there. Right now we are trying to build a house with out a loan so not too much on the extra funds!

Nothing wrong with only having a few animals, that's more than most people. And it really is semantics with the farming / ranching statement. Most people would consider yours to be a farm with a couple animals. How long have you been running British Whites?

You ladies and your toys....

OK. Out before i'm in trouble!
    We have been running British White for 3 yrs. I really like them. You can spot them in a field pretty easy. They are poled, NO HORNS HERE thank you. And you are right it is just semantics till some big cattle guy gets bent out of shape!

wow, having cows would be sweet

whats the cost compared to horses?

you mentioned an automatic chicken plucker last post

those things are pretty cool!
    Horses are expensive to keep from what I understand. And they really need to be worked. I have never ridden one. I use a 4 wheeler or my legs!
    I will take pics of the chicken plucker this weekend to show you. it is too cool. No feathers in like 10 sec! Makes the butchering go so much faster.

Originally Posted by Cardioconvert View Post
    Cool pics jjeane - I particularly like the brown cow.

I don`t think I could raise farm animals - I would get too attached. I'd end up with a farm full of animals I wouldn't be willing to sell!

Nice news regarding your weight - great job!

Hope your daughter's ear isn't still infected.

Have a wonderful weekend!

CC
    You do get attached. And it is hard to sell them sometimes. But I try to find good buyers and make sure they go to a good home. Except the one crazy cow I got. She went to the sale barn the next time I got her in the coral.
    Holding on the weight. Been tracking.
    Ear still infected but she is being a total champ about it.
    You have a great weekend as well. Thanks for stopping by. I know you are busy!

Ohhhhhhhhhhh! So cute! A friend had a pet cow. They have pictures of a little calf curled up in the kitchen. Unfortunately when it was older, it saw one of the dogs jump onto one of the people and thought it was a dog, too. Needless to say, they had to sell her. She was a cutie though!

I will say that I moved from the big city to more of a country setting a year or so ago. It was definitely a comedy of errors. (Think Funny Farm with Chevy Chase.) Today I am more acclimated to it and am to the point that I leave a little spider alone in the corner of a room, because he cleans up the ants for me.
    Moving to the country is an interesting deal to say the least. Life is really different and if you don't know any better, well things can get crazy.
    Yes, we cuddled the goat babies when we had them. The kids loved them. Maybe when we move we can get a couple since we will have more room.
    This is my favorite goat pic, or one of them.
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

workout looks pretty good

all that in 40 min is chuggin

Horses are expensive to keep from what I understand. And they really need to be worked. I have never ridden one. I use a 4 wheeler or my legs!
    I will take pics of the chicken plucker this weekend to show you. it is too cool. No feathers in like 10 sec! Makes the butchering go so much faster.
    how much is the cost and maintenance of a cow anyhow?

workout looks pretty good

all that in 40 min is chuggin

how much is the cost and maintenance of a cow anyhow?
    Chuggin I was.
    A beef cows doesn't cost you anything but grass when you have grass. So from March til about now, unless you plant rye or another winter grass. That can cut down your hay expense. Then a full size cow needs about 1 round bale a month. A round bale costs anywhere from $50- $100+ depending on supply. Last yr all the hay in Texas was pretty much brought in from other states because of the drought. Hay was over $100 a roll. Lots of people sold out because of the hay and their stock tanks went dry. This year we had pretty good rain so it is going for about $60. Now if you have enough land to bale your own hay, the cost per roll drops to about $25 a roll.
    Dairy cows need some grain or high protein grass- alfalfa- to be able to produce well. If you have good grass you can have straight grass fed milk. I have never had enough grass. Am hoping when we move to be able to set up a green house and sprout wheat or another grain and feed it to the dairy cows and cut back on the corn. But a dairy cow costs about $40 a week to feed. you will get about 2 1/2 gallons a day at that. Plus they need the same grass hay requirements as a beef cow. So it is an expense.
    Now you should get a calf a year out of all this and try to make back your money. I will just say do not go into farming to make money. There is none in the model currently being used in America. I do believe there are better models, but they would require a lot of people to quit getting their pockets lined and people changing their eating and buying habits. Will end that there.
    You asked about chickens. We hatched some of our own chicks this fall. It was pretty cool that in 3 weeks we took an egg we would have eaten for breakfast and turned it into a chicken. You use this Styrofoam container that has an egg turner in it. You put the eggs in there for 3 weeks and they hatch. Or you can order them from a hatchery and they ship them just hatched. You get them in a day or two. Chickens don't need food or water for about 2-3 day since they absorb the rest of the egg they hatch out of. From there you put the chicks in something and keep them about 100deg. We use cattle troughs and heat lamps. They can't get too cold or they will die. Within a couple weeks they can go outside depending on nighttime temps. Then if they are layers we put them in a small chicken house and slowly introduce them to running free range. They start laying at about 7 months. You have to lock them up at night or they will die, coyotes, dogs, etc. If they are meat birds we put them in a larger moveable pen. Meat birds you get from the store mature to 5-6#in about 8 weeks. The ones we got this time are more fryers, think the 3-4 lb whole birds you get at the store vs the 2# boneless skinless breast half.
    Think that is about all I got at the moment!
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

OMG all the adorable animal pics. I think we've hijacked your journal and turned it into an animal discussion Must....get....goats!

Me and my BF use to live in NYC - we moved to the suburbs to get pets (of course the building we loved wouldn't allow any...) and now I want a whole menagerie!

The styrofoam kit can be bought through home science tools for $70 (google search for 'home science tools' and the product is 'hovabator'; I'm still too newb to post the link). The lab I work in was considering growing chicks to use their tissues as cell source, but the administration was very unhappy hearing this. Another vendor (Carolina Biological) sells quail kits (at 10x the price tho).

I'm sorry to hear your daughter is still ill. Is it in her throat too? I hope she's feeling better soon!
    I'm also impressed with the WO - did you design it, or are parts from NRoL? I'm a bit of a dummy when it comes to lifting, so I selected a BB program and spend a lot of time watching youtube to learn technique.

Cheers,
    Dee
    Last edited by SweetDdee; 12-07-2012 at 06:11 PM. Reason: grammar
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150026823