Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ItalianRacer7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItalianRacer7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItalianRacer7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

30% body fat => 10%-15% body fat. How long ?

How long will it take to get to about 10%-15% body fat from 30% body fat ? I know it is quite a transformation, but I am willing and ready to do so. I am about 280 pounds if that factors in anything as well.

As well, can anyone direct me to where I can figure out a diet plan or exercise plan to target fat burning ?

Cheers.

Jjacobclark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jjacobclark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jjacobclark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jjacobclark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jjacobclark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jjacobclark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jjacobclark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jjacobclark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jjacobclark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jjacobclark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jjacobclark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would say...6-8 months if you are really aggressive.

ItalianRacer7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItalianRacer7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItalianRacer7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jjacobclark View Post
    I would say...6-8 months if you are really aggressive.
    Thanks for the response mate. Better than I expected. I have four months off of University so I can dedicate purely to this, and then afterward I will continue, but to a lesser extent as I would have to fit it in.

Any tips on diet or exercise ?

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A fairly aggressive deficit (750 cal/day), losing 1.5 lbs a week, about 40 weeks would probably be the fastest I'd want to go (to get to 15%). Lift heavy to preserve lean mass throughout that process though, or you'll not like what you look like at 15% (you'll just be a smaller version of the same fat guy).

I would also not advise going there directly. It's along road, and you may want to plan some breaks in there were you eat at maintenance for a few weeks as a break. It is sometimes advantageous to allow your hormones and your sanity to recover before continuing.

Re: plans and programs, read the stickies in this section and in the workout programs sections, there's a wealth of info in there to get started.

OP is probably a phaggot yepimonfire's Avatar
    yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ItalianRacer7 View Post

Any tips on diet or exercise ?
    table walk offs, refrigerator door slams. best fat burning exercises thus far.

Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    A fairly aggressive deficit (750 cal/day), losing 1.5 lbs a week, about 40 weeks would probably be the fastest I'd want to go (to get to 15%). Lift heavy to preserve lean mass throughout that process though, or you'll not like what you look like at 15% (you'll just be a smaller version of the same fat guy).

I would also not advise going there directly. It's along road, and you may want to plan some breaks in there were you eat at maintenance for a few weeks as a break. It is sometimes advantageous to allow your hormones and your sanity to recover before continuing.

Re: plans and programs, read the stickies in this section and in the workout programs sections, there's a wealth of info in there to get started.
    Thanks for the tips. So you would suggest I workout with weights while doing this ? But correct me if I am wrong, but would 750 calories/day while lifting just do no good ? I could be wrong.

PaulG is a name known to all. (+5000) PaulG is a name known to all. (+5000) PaulG is a name known to all. (+5000) PaulG is a name known to all. (+5000) PaulG is a name known to all. (+5000) PaulG is a name known to all. (+5000) PaulG is a name known to all. (+5000) PaulG is a name known to all. (+5000) PaulG is a name known to all. (+5000) PaulG is a name known to all. (+5000) PaulG is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Back in Highschool I would drop 20-30 pounds in 2 weeks from 2 a days practices. This happened for 4 years straight and I had no idea what a bulk or cut was at the time. No supplements or anything.

Yes, overworked HIIT training all day and ended up being 140ish lbs throughout highschool.

Would get my car and my legs would lock up and start twitching on their own. In two weeks I would go from 175lbs to 142lbs.

When I was 23 I did my first clean bulk and went from 140-170 in a month in a half from a non salt nearly pure egg and rice diet.

Now, I gained a bit up in the 200lb range over the winter, and wondering how am I going to cut, never really done it before outside the football field. No tracks anywhere, no places to run all day, got a tread mile and the things a pos that only goes 3MPH.

Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Back in Highschool I would drop 20-30 pounds in 2 weeks from 2 a days practices. This happened for 4 years straight and I had no idea what a bulk or cut was at the time. No supplements or anything.

Yes, overworked HIIT training all day and ended up being 140ish lbs throughout highschool.

Would get my car and my legs would lock up and start twitching on their own. In two weeks I would go from 175lbs to 142lbs.

When I was 23 I did my first clean bulk and went from 140-170 in a month in a half from a non salt nearly pure egg and rice diet.

Now, I gained a bit up in the 200lb range over the winter, and wondering how am I going to cut, never really done it before outside the football field. No tracks anywhere, no places to run all day, got a tread mile and the things a pos that only goes 3MPH.
    bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw40.htm.

Is that an effect HIIT training regime ? Obviously I would be cutting, as opposed to bulking, no ?

slopecarver will become famous soon enough. (+50) slopecarver will become famous soon enough. (+50) slopecarver will become famous soon enough. (+50) slopecarver will become famous soon enough. (+50) slopecarver will become famous soon enough. (+50) slopecarver will become famous soon enough. (+50) slopecarver will become famous soon enough. (+50) slopecarver will become famous soon enough. (+50) slopecarver will become famous soon enough. (+50) slopecarver will become famous soon enough. (+50) slopecarver will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It helps to learn the math behind weight loss, I'll assume you're 6 foot because I am 6 foot and had 30% BF at 280lbs too.
    Base sedentary caloric requirement is 2628.75 calories (desk job barely doing anything), this is the calories required to keep you alive at your current weight. This can be calculated here: http://www.caloriecontrol.org/health...calculator-men
    Next you need to know your goal body mass of 10% with a starting 30% (you without as much fat) which is 280-(280*(.30-.10)=224lbs
    A pound is 3500 calories
    you need to lose 56 pounds which is 196000. Assume a safe deficit of 500 calories per day will take you 392 days. Bigger guys can safely run a much greater deficit as long as proper nutrition is maintained, say 1000 calorie deficit will get you 196 days. These numbers aren't exact, you can probably run a 1000 calorie deficit down to 20% and decrease the deficit by 100 calories for every percent under 20% down to a 500 calorie deficit, and maintain that down to goal weight. You will need to readjust your plan every month as you don't lose just fat, a little muscle will be lost too, by that I mean your lean body mass will continue to change.

Include exercise in your caloric deficit (eat 2628 calories burn 500 calories in exercise = caloric deficit of 500 calories) you could eat to meet your deficit and count exercise as bonus weight lost too, more care will need to be put towards nutrition though.

I use myfitnesspal for tracking calories.

I'm running a 1000 calorie deficit and I've lost 25 pounds in 3 months or approximately 2 pounds a week.

That is sort of a HIIT workout, HIIT is simply alternating in short periods between too fast and too slow (example: sprint for 30 seconds walk for 30 seconds) any exercise is encouraged and supplements are not required to have success, I'm not using any.
    Last edited by slopecarver; 05-10-2012 at 12:57 PM.

Originally Posted by slopecarver View Post
    It helps to learn the math behind weight loss, I'll assume you're 6 foot because I am 6 foot and had 30% BF at 280lbs too.
    Base sedentary caloric requirement is 2628.75 calories (desk job barely doing anything), this is the calories required to keep you alive at your current weight. This can be calculated here: caloriecontrol.org/healthy-weight-tool-kit/weight-maintenance-calculator-men
    Next you need to know your goal body mass of 10% with a starting 30% (you without as much fat) which is 280-(280*(.30-.10)=224lbs
    A pound is 3500 calories
    you need to lose 56 pounds which is 196000. Assume a safe deficit of 500 calories per day will take you 392 days. Bigger guys can safely run a much greater deficit as long as proper nutrition is maintained, say 1000 calorie deficit will get you 196 days. These numbers aren't exact, you can probably run a 1000 calorie deficit down to 20% and decrease the deficit by 100 calories for every percent under 20% down to a 500 calorie deficit, and maintain that down to goal weight. You will need to readjust your plan every month as you don't lose just fat, a little muscle will be lost too, by that I mean your lean body mass will continue to change.

I'm running a 1000 calorie deficit and I've lost 25 pounds in 3 months or approximately 2 pounds a week.

HIIT trains your heart and burns a bunch of calories, any exercise is encouraged
    You were right in terms of my height, so good inference. Thanks for the information, it is very helpful. I just find it hard to believe I will be at 10% body fat at 224 pounds...is this just by losing weight ? I mean, I lost forty pounds in the course of two and a half months last summer, but I gained about twenty-five of it back unfortunately.

Thanks for your help.

Originally Posted by yepimonfire View Post
    table walk offs, refrigerator door slams. best fat burning exercises thus far.
    If only you were on fire...literally.

Registered anoos pounder carpenter718's Avatar
    carpenter718 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carpenter718 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carpenter718 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carpenter718 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carpenter718 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carpenter718 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carpenter718 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carpenter718 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carpenter718 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carpenter718 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carpenter718 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    About 2-3 days if you are a monster

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You were right in terms of my height, so good inference. Thanks for the information, it is very helpful. I just find it hard to believe I will be at 10% body fat at 224 pounds...is this just by losing weight ? I mean, I lost forty pounds in the course of two and a half months last summer, but I gained about twenty-five of it back unfortunately.

Thanks for your help.

Unless you have 5-6 years of lifting under you belt you won't be anywhere near 10% body fat at 224. The reason we estimate 3500 calories in a lb of human adipose tissue is because a percentage of it is not fat. (Water/connective tissue/etc...) In a lb of pure fat there are 4080 calories. What this means is that even though you will not lose any appreciable muscle if you do it right you will end up being a good bit lighter than your estimate because of the non muscle LBM your going to lose.

All of that said if you are 6 feet tall and 280 lbs its likely you are higher than 30% body fat as well.
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

Been miscing for to long idreamofnumber1's Avatar
    idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    count on losing 1% every 2 weeks so.......7-8 months to hit 15% then it will probably take 3 weeks per percent at this point so in all it will take you like a year to hit 10% bodyfat.....Better get started today!

SirIngenious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Read the stickies, so that you can form any diet you want.

It takes mental dedication to get there and do NOT cheat on your diet (with doing cardio at least 4x a week), then you'll see weight burn off rather quickly.

Lift weights to preserve muscle mass and eat sufficient amount of proteins if you wish, which is what I'll recommend.
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

Odian is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odian is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odian is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odian is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odian is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odian is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odian is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odian is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odian is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odian is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odian is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by slopecarver View Post
    Base sedentary caloric requirement is 2628.75 calories (desk job barely doing anything), this is the calories required to keep you alive at your current weight. This can be calculated here: (can't post slopecarver's url)
    I'm not going to debate how unlikely it is for him to be only 30% bf at 6' 280 lbs. However, your math is flawed.

Assuming Lean Body Mass (LBM) remains constant.
    280 lbs * (1 - 0.3) = 196 lbs LBM.
    At 10% bf, LBM = bodyweight * 9/10.
    Therefore: bodyweight = 10/9 * LBM = 10/9 * 196 = ~218 lbs
    Formerly 280 lbs - July 2011

upt88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) upt88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) upt88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) upt88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) upt88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) upt88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) upt88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) upt88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) upt88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) upt88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) upt88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i'd say a year at least.

took me 18 months, you didn't gain all that fat over night, and u sure as hell are not gonna lose it over night aswell.

unless u dont plan on having a social life and never have a cheat day or meal . than maybe less than a year
    TOUGH TIMES DONT LAST....TOUGH PEOPLE DO

krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    DNR any posts. My guess about 40 weeks if you stick to your diet.
    www.grazethesky.com

LiftToWin is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftToWin is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftToWin is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftToWin is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftToWin is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftToWin is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftToWin is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftToWin is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftToWin is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftToWin is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftToWin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm somewhat in the same boat as the OP. started at 5'10 255, now down to 219.

I'm hoping to be 15% in about 8 months.
    March 12, 2012: 255.0
    March 19, 2012: 249.4
    March 26, 2012: 245.0
    April 2, 2012 : 239.5
    April 9, 2012 : 235.5
    April 16, 2012 : 233.8
    April 23, 2012 : 228.8
    April 30, 2012 : 223.6
    May 7, 2012 : 219.6
    May 14, 2012 : 215.6
    May 21, 2012 : 210.0
    May 28, 2012 : 207.8
    June 4, 2012 : 203.6

Total Loss: 51.4 Pounds in 12 weeks!

TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    How long will it take to get to about 10%-15% body fat from 30% body fat ? I know it is quite a transformation, but I am willing and ready to do so. I am about 280 pounds if that factors in anything as well.

As well, can anyone direct me to where I can figure out a diet plan or exercise plan to target fat burning ?

Cheers.
    About 10-12 months.

But what others said, you're not 30% body fat now. Probably closer to 40-50
    Aug of 2010 - 330 lbs <--- Never Forget

omggeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omggeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omggeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omggeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omggeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omggeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omggeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omggeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omggeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omggeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omggeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It took me about 11months. Got caliper tested at the gym( I know it's not 100% accurate) buy they told me I was about 33-35% bf I was at 208 pounds and im 5'4. Haven't got tested to see where im at now but would guess about 15-16% bf at 140 pounds now.

lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Cheers.
    It took me 10 months.
    I can prove it.
    10 months.
    The Ultimate Resource on Dieting and Intermittent Fasting
    http://www.blastthebelly.com

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by lvsteven View Post
    It took me 10 months.
    I can prove it.
    10 months.
    Given your before and after pics I would say you started at a legit 30% BF. What was your starting weight?
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Electricheadd View Post
    Given your before and after pics I would say you started at a legit 30% BF. What was your starting weight?
    Around 190.
    to get there I simply assumed that during my cut I maintained a consistent 140lb of lean mass, and did math backwards.

Of course, it came out to around 27%. I went up 3% to compensate for the lean mass margin of error...
    The Ultimate Resource on Dieting and Intermittent Fasting
    http://www.blastthebelly.com

Well I did two inclusive systems of measurement and they were all around 30% give or take a percent or two, with one site saying 22.5% but obviously I disregarded that because I highly doubt that.

What is the best way to absolutely calculate my body fat percentage so I get an accurate indication ?

I will be doing cardio by briskly walking until I can gain the lungs to run for longer and harder, and I also play soccer quite often so hopefully I get it in sufficiently. I will also starting a bit of weight lifting and end that off with some stationary biking at the gym, just to cool down after I work the muscles hard enough.

Good plan ? Also keeping on a 1300-1500 calorie diet with usually just oatmeal with fruit in the morning after the walk/jog, some turkey slices and a fruit for lunch, and a piece of meat and vegetables for dinner.

Any suggestions ? Cheers.

Well I did two inclusive systems of measurement and they were all around 30% give or take a percent or two, with one site saying 22.5% but obviously I disregarded that because I highly doubt that.

What is the best way to absolutely calculate my body fat percentage so I get an accurate indication ?

I will be doing cardio by briskly walking until I can gain the lungs to run for longer and harder, and I also play soccer quite often so hopefully I get it in sufficiently. I will also starting a bit of weight lifting and end that off with some stationary biking at the gym, just to cool down after I work the muscles hard enough.

Good plan ? Also keeping on a 1300-1500 calorie diet with usually just oatmeal with fruit in the morning after the walk/jog, some turkey slices and a fruit for lunch, and a piece of meat and vegetables for dinner.

Any suggestions ? Cheers.
    The most accurate is a DEXA scan but after that I would say post a pic here and ask for BF%. Most people here can eyeball you within a few percent unless its really high.
    My Reverse Diet Log

Originally Posted by Electricheadd View Post
    The most accurate is a DEXA scan but after that I would say post a pic here and ask for BF%. Most people here can eyeball you within a few percent unless its really high.
    Well I meant for online anyway. Obviously there are probably technologies out there that can do it to a tee, but I am just using online ones.

I guess I should post a picture, then. Thanks for the heads up.

Cancer In California badassidtrip's Avatar
    badassidtrip is just really nice. (+1000) badassidtrip is just really nice. (+1000) badassidtrip is just really nice. (+1000) badassidtrip is just really nice. (+1000) badassidtrip is just really nice. (+1000) badassidtrip is just really nice. (+1000) badassidtrip is just really nice. (+1000) badassidtrip is just really nice. (+1000) badassidtrip is just really nice. (+1000) badassidtrip is just really nice. (+1000) badassidtrip is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks for the tips. So you would suggest I workout with weights while doing this ? But correct me if I am wrong, but would 750 calories/day while lifting just do no good ? I could be wrong.
    He means a deficit of 750, not your intake should be 750. That's insane.

15 weeks ago I was 6'2 265 lbs, now 225 lbs and still going. I lift weights five days a week and play hockey on my days off. I operate at ~800 calorie deficit, give or take 200 calories, and one or two days a week, I go a little over maintenance for the sake of my sanity. Works like a charm. I've even made some small LBM gains. My advice is go as hard as you can, and don't sweat the days that you can't go hard or even need to take a small step backwards. Just make sure you start moving again ASAP.

msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How long will it take to get to about 10%-15% body fat from 30% body fat ?
    Are you sure you're JUST 30% bodyfat? At 6'1" and almost 280lbs and only 18 years old, I wouldn't be surprised if you were closer to 40% than 30%. Most guys your age and your height would have to drop closer to 160lbs to be 10% bodyfat. If you were in your mid-20s with several years of lifting under your belt the numbers might be a lot different.

Just an observation. The only reason I even bother to bring it up is that while 30 to 15 might be doable in 6-8 months, 40 to 15 will take considerably longer and require a lot more total weight loss.

When in doubt, post a picture.

Originally Posted by badassidtrip View Post
    He means a deficit of 750, not your intake should be 750. That's insane.

15 weeks ago I was 6'2 265 lbs, now 225 lbs and still going. I lift weights five days a week and play hockey on my days off. I operate at ~800 calorie deficit, give or take 200 calories, and one or two days a week, I go a little over maintenance for the sake of my sanity. Works like a charm. I've even made some small LBM gains. My advice is go as hard as you can, and don't sweat the days that you can't go hard or even need to take a small step backwards. Just make sure you start moving again ASAP.
    Ah yeah, my bad...meant to say would having that much of a deficit have any effect on building muscle or anything, but judging by your testimonial, I guess not. Would you mind giving me your regime or your workout ? Or at least a link to it or something ? It seems like you made good progress, and are basically doing what I want to do, albeit you were at an easier starting point.