Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    Stats: 6'4", 215 lbs
    Ryanast has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ryanast has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ryanast has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ryanast has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ryanast has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ryanast has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ryanast has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ryanast has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ryanast has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ryanast has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ryanast has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Ryanast's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by 2012reso View Post
    He answered this above lol.
    just saw that lol good lookin out
    R.I.P. Tommy "Zyzz" Biondillo
    Super Saiyan Crew
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***
    ◄FILMM∆KERS CR€W►
    ⌨Miscing While Working Crew⌨
    Let's not turn this rape back into a murder
    GMOB crew

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    Stats: 5'10", 180 lbs
    JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit JOSEF RAKICH's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by joeturner View Post
    Josef,

please help me. Can you take a few min to search out my recent threads, and read my story. My 300lb weight loss story is there. My question is, im now eating aprox 2000 calories a day, constantly gaining mid-section fat. my upperbody looks nice. My workout routine is (due to my crazy ass 12hr overnight work scheduled) F/sat/sun/mon 40min lift + 20min cardio .... on 2000-2200 calories per day and im GAINING fat... my lifting is mostly upper body, i just dont know what to do lower body or that can hlep my midsection and inside thighs

im sure i have a **** load of skin, and possibly a messed up metabolism, what type of "EXACT" tests can i ask my doctor for, and if it comes back with a messed up metabolism (from 2years of VLC diet) and thyroid, is there anythign I can take so that I can eat 2000 calories a day and not become a fat ass?

thanks in advanced for all your help!
    If you post up the links of those threads then sure.

Ok well first off what is your goal? Are you trying to bulk up or are you still trying to cut down in weight? What are you currently weighing?

If you want to eat 2000 calories per day and not get fat, the only other thing to do is to increase your daily activity levels, do more cardio, start up running, or join a sports team, you just need to become more active so that you are burning through more calories.

Originally Posted by DaniSP View Post
    heya Josef

whats your opinion about cheat days/meals and how often to take them. I'm currently on a 1600kcal diet "IF18/6 + IIFYM" but saturdays are crazy, you know the spanish fiesta lol. Not that I drink too much alcohol but we have a large dinner (2000kcal+) which I find psychologycally great to chill out from the everyday restrictions.

oh well I guess I love eating.
    I personally am not a fan of cheat meals or cheat days, i recommend having a re-feed day instead much more beneficial. On the re-feed day you will increase your carbohydrate intake to more than 100% usually and it should usually put you in a calorie surplus for this one day, this will help with your leptin levels which is the mother of all fat burning hormones. I don't find a cheat meal or cheat day to be beneficial at all, just a waste of time so go for a re-feed day instead.

If you want to eat something which you consider cheating just fit it into your daily macronutrient targets and calorie requirements then its actually not even a cheat meal. If you do choose to have the cheat meal once a week that is fine, just make sure you are in a calorie deficit 6 out of the 7 days and you will still lose body fat.

Originally Posted by elite2292 View Post
    I hear alot of people talk about losing muscle if your aiming for 1.5- 2lbs of fat loss per week. Even if you keep your protein intake up and lift heavy will you still lose muscle?

Another question is during a cut what is the best way to maintain or increase strength that you gained from a bulk?

Last question is once you have lost about 10lbs your body begins to plateau and you don't lose any more weight. What is the best way to prevent this and get down to that single digit body fat? Refeeds? Cardio? Thanks alot!
    Well if you are at a big calorie deficit you will lose a bit of muscle yes, they key to maintaining muscle mass is slow dieting, this is the best way to preserve muscle. If you are at a 500 calorie deficit per day you should technically lose alb of fat per week as there is 3500 calories in a pound of fat, however if you are doing cardio onto of that you will be in a even greater deficit losing even more weight, i would aim for about 1.5lbs per week max, any more than that you may lose a bit of muscle also.

During a cut you will most likely lose your strength somewhat, but you want to keep it up as much as possible, again if you are in too much of a calorie deficit you will lose a lot of strength, thats another reason why slow dieting is the way to go. Nutrient timing is all irrelevant for improving body composition however for energy wise i recommend having your bulk of your calories/carbs pre workout so you don't go to the gym feeling week and with no energy. Also supplementing with creatine and beta-alanine at this time will help.

Originally Posted by kylecar View Post
    Hey josef

My avatar was the one that you couldn't remember which was which

1) What BF% would you put me at (my avatar has my body pic in

Thanks
    Hey bro ok, well its hard to determine some tones body fat from just a picture, especially if there in only just 1 picture, the best way to get a good estimate and it will only be a estimate is to get a body fat done at your local gym, just ask one of the trainers there if you can get a body fat test done, its usually free and this will give you a good estimation of what you are currently sitting at.

However just judging from your picture you do look quite lean i can see you top abs kind of its just you seem to be holding a bit down on your lower stomach, i would guess many 16% ish, but then again take that as a grain of salt.Best way to get a god estimation is to get a BF test done at your gym.

Josef,

Just wanted to add, I checked out your chest workout and tried it today. The only change I made was substituting DB pullovers for weighted dips. And I gotta say, it was ****ing legit. My chest felt like it was going to explode! I easily got my biggest pump in three months. I may just have to take up your entire routine haha. Hope you don't mind. High volume workouts are amazin.

Rest of the interview was great as well.
    Cool brah, where a bouts did you copy my chest workout from though? Was it SimplyShredded.com?

Awesome haha! There is not a better feeling than when the chest is so pumped and tight. Yeah thats fine go hard! High volume is defiantly the best way to train IMO.

Originally Posted by El Elyon View Post
    Josef, you mentioned you're an advocate of lean bulking. Do you cut until 7-8% and then slow bulk (0.5-1lb weight per week) until you hit, say, 13% then cut back to 7-8% again then repeat?
    I have probably been 5% at my very leanest after a cut, however when i bulk i don't really go above 10% i like lean all the time, then when summer comes and its time for the beach i will cut down even more and get as low as i can, then start bulking again.. Yeah i probably gain 0.5 per week, if that, basically everything i do gain is quality solid muscle.

Originally Posted by thatcatlady View Post
    Hi Josef, what a lovely selfless thread!

Quick question: should I be cutting or bulking? Ex-cardio queen and so am all fat no muscle, 119lb, 5"0. Aim is to loose fat + gain muscle to look better...dont know which to do first though. Thanks in advance (:
    Thanks,

Well it all depends on your current starting point, train with weights but many go on a cut first lose your unwanted body fat then slowly bulk up from there and add some muscle to your frame.
    ✔ ISSA Certified Personal Trainer, Fitness Model & Sponsored Athlete!

✔ Personalized Meal Plans & Workout Programs for Males & Females! (PM me for details)

✔ 12 WEEK TRANSFORMATION PROGRAM NOW AVAILABLE! (PM me for details)

✔ Follow me on FaceBook (Search: Josef Rakich Fitness)

✔ Follow me on Instagram (@JosefRakich)

✔ Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for Workout Vids (Search: Josef Rakich)

Stats: 6'0", 165 lbs
    TheSecondName has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheSecondName has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheSecondName has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheSecondName has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheSecondName has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheSecondName has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheSecondName has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheSecondName has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheSecondName has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheSecondName has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheSecondName has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit TheSecondName's BodySpace
    Nice to see your replies to all those people man!!!

What's the best thing I can do for increasing my bodyweight? I'm eating 3400-3600 calories per day. High carb and moderate protein and moderate fat.

I want to increase my calorie intake for about 250-300 calories. I was thinking about adding exccess calories from protein and a little bit of fat since my carbs intake is allready high. (400-450+ per day). So let's say 50gr of protein and 10gr of fat spread out over my meals. What do you think Josef?

Stats: 5'8", 192 lbs
    Bigblue43 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Bigblue43's BodySpace
    I am just starting to workout again after years away from gym.... I have been on a calorie deficit since Jan 1 and lost 38 lbs thru diet and a small amount of exercise. I have recently turned up the cardio ( 2-4 miles running every day ). I have also started lifting weights again. Is it possiblentongain muscle on a calorie deficit? Even with a good protein intake? Should I just cut fat until Im satisfied with how I look Amd then worry about building muscle. I have done alot of reading about macros and nutrition, but I need someone to dumb it down for me...

Thanks in advance

Robbie

Stats: 5'9", 180 lbs
    2012reso has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2012reso has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2012reso has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2012reso has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2012reso has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2012reso has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2012reso has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2012reso has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2012reso has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2012reso has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2012reso has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit 2012reso's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by JOSEF RAKICH View Post
    Cool brah, where a bouts did you copy my chest workout from though? Was it SimplyShredded.com?

Awesome haha! There is not a better feeling than when the chest is so pumped and tight. Yeah thats fine go hard! High volume is defiantly the best way to train IMO.
    Yeah it was on Simply Shredded. Are you still doing this routine or have you changed it up?

Stats: 5'11", 213 lbs
    Jade2change is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jade2change is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jade2change is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jade2change is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jade2change is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jade2change is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jade2change is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jade2change is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jade2change is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jade2change is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jade2change is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit Jade2change's BodySpace
    What are the Reps for that SimplyShredded article, I see it states "6x Dumbell Bench Press" but is that 6sets, 6reps? If its sets (which I assume it is) what are the reps like?

Stats: 5'9", 180 lbs
    2012reso has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2012reso has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2012reso has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2012reso has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2012reso has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2012reso has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2012reso has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2012reso has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2012reso has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2012reso has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2012reso has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit 2012reso's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Jade2change View Post
    What are the Reps for that SimplyShredded article, I see it states "6x Dumbell Bench Press" but is that 6sets, 6reps? If its sets (which I assume it is) what are the reps like?
    Page 2: "I use a wide rep range anywhere from 4-50 reps really, but most sets around 8-15."

Stats: 6'2", 215 lbs
    v4micajr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) v4micajr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) v4micajr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) v4micajr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) v4micajr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) v4micajr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) v4micajr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) v4micajr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) v4micajr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) v4micajr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) v4micajr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit v4micajr's BodySpace
    I gotta say, im so impressed at everything i see in this thread. I feel like a lot of ppl that end up lookin like you could let it go to their heads, and inflate their ego to epic proportions. But from what i've read, you're actually helpful and respectful towards literally everyone that has questions and is chasing their goals.
    So thanks for sharing your knowledge with the rest of us.

I got a question: hopefully it hasnt been asked yet... im not through the entire thread, but i plan to be...

when did you start workin your abs/ what was a routine like? I've been cuttin down since November... still doughy around my midsection, but is it ever too early to add abs to my regular routine now, or is that pointless? I figured they wont be seen/ cant spot reduce, so i would wait till i cut about 20 more lbs.

(6'2" 228... down from 273, if that matters)
    ~Yesterday you said tomorrow~

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit. "

May 23, 2011- 273lbs.... havent looked back

Stats: 6'0", 230 lbs
    joeturner has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joeturner has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joeturner has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joeturner has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joeturner has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joeturner has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joeturner has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joeturner has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joeturner has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joeturner has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joeturner has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit joeturner's BodySpace
    If you post up the links of those threads then sure.

Ok well first off what is your goal? Are you trying to bulk up or are you still trying to cut down in weight? What are you currently weighing?

If you want to eat 2000 calories per day and not get fat, the only other thing to do is to increase your daily activity levels, do more cardio, start up running, or join a sports team, you just need to become more active so that you are burning through more calories.
    Thanks for the reply! sure, links below. I hear you about upping the cardio/etc but all the online calculators already say im eating under maintenance at 2000.

My goal? to shread this belly fat and not lose the muscle I've gained in my upper chest/arms/sholders/nec and to do it, and not kill myself running 7 days a week or dropping to under 1500 calories per day. Those are important to me. I can adjust macros as need be, on your recommendation, i just hate feeling starved, and i don't have the time or desire to run more then my normal friday/sat/sun/monday gym days

please help! any is appreciated!

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143002093

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142069841

JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JOSEF RAKICH has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Originally Posted by TheSecondName View Post
    Nice to see your replies to all those people man!!!

What's the best thing I can do for increasing my bodyweight? I'm eating 3400-3600 calories per day. High carb and moderate protein and moderate fat.

I want to increase my calorie intake for about 250-300 calories. I was thinking about adding exccess calories from protein and a little bit of fat since my carbs intake is allready high. (400-450+ per day). So let's say 50gr of protein and 10gr of fat spread out over my meals. What do you think Josef?
    Yes that would be the best thing to do, i recommend aiming for 1.2-1.5g of protein per pound of bodyweight and 0.45g+ of fat per pound of bodyweight then fill the remaining calories up with carbs. But yes defiantly if you want to increase your bodyweight even more increasing calories is what you need to do.

Originally Posted by Bigblue43 View Post
    I am just starting to workout again after years away from gym.... I have been on a calorie deficit since Jan 1 and lost 38 lbs thru diet and a small amount of exercise. I have recently turned up the cardio ( 2-4 miles running every day ). I have also started lifting weights again. Is it possiblentongain muscle on a calorie deficit? Even with a good protein intake? Should I just cut fat until Im satisfied with how I look Amd then worry about building muscle. I have done alot of reading about macros and nutrition, but I need someone to dumb it down for me...

Thanks in advance

Robbie
    First off congrats on the 38lbs fat loss bro, now that you have added in some cardio you will really notice a difference.

To gain muscle you need to be in a calorie surplus and to lose body fat you need to be in a calorie deficit so trying to active both at the same time is not the best way to approach it, first focus on one thing (cutting in your case) keep cutting until you reach your desired body fat percentage, then focus on bulking up.

Yeah it was on Simply Shredded. Are you still doing this routine or have you changed it up?
    Nope i have changed up my routine many many times since that interview.

Originally Posted by Jade2change View Post

Usually around 8-15. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

Originally Posted by v4micajr View Post
    I gotta say, im so impressed at everything i see in this thread. I feel like a lot of ppl that end up lookin like you could let it go to their heads, and inflate their ego to epic proportions. But from what i've read, you're actually helpful and respectful towards literally everyone that has questions and is chasing their goals.
    So thanks for sharing your knowledge with the rest of us.

I got a question: hopefully it hasnt been asked yet... im not through the entire thread, but i plan to be...

when did you start workin your abs/ what was a routine like? I've been cuttin down since November... still doughy around my midsection, but is it ever too early to add abs to my regular routine now, or is that pointless? I figured they wont be seen/ cant spot reduce, so i would wait till i cut about 20 more lbs.

(6'2" 228... down from 273, if that matters)
    Thanks brah.

I have worked my abs since i started training, training them no more than 2x per week, i treat the abs just like any other muscle group and i find thats what works best. Sometimes i only train my abs 1x per week depending on DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness)

Yes its never to late bro, start adding in ab training to your programme now, yea you cannot spot reduce fat but thats not why people train there abs anyway, people train there abs just like every other muscle to achive muscle hypertrophy (gain size) in the abdominals just like how you train your chest, biceps, active muscle hypertrophy.

Train your abs to build them up, diet and cardio to lose your body fat to make them more visible.

✔ Personalized Meal Plans & Workout Programs for Males & Females! (PM me for details)

ClarisseChelo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ClarisseChelo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ClarisseChelo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ClarisseChelo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ClarisseChelo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ClarisseChelo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ClarisseChelo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ClarisseChelo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ClarisseChelo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ClarisseChelo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ClarisseChelo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In.

Amazing thread. Great to know there are people who are willing to share their knowledge.

Stats: 5'9", 165 lbs
    berooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) berooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) berooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) berooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) berooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) berooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) berooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) berooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) berooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) berooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) berooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit berooo's BodySpace
    Few questions brah.

1. Do you think an inch off waist normally should take about a month of cutting?

2. When you cut do you just eat at a deficit the whole time or do you end up decreasing carbs once you get leaner?

3. Your Thought of using BCAA'S during cut?

4. If I'm 170lb @ 14% you think I'd be 7-9% at 160. Just trying to figure out how long this cut will take.

Thanks brah

Stats: 6'4", 255 lbs
    badshaa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) badshaa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) badshaa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) badshaa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) badshaa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) badshaa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) badshaa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) badshaa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) badshaa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) badshaa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) badshaa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit badshaa's BodySpace
    2 weeks in a cut and I've yet to lose a pound despite a considerable deficiet. Do I increase the deficiet or do I do something different?

Stats: 6'1", 201 lbs
    xcessive1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xcessive1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xcessive1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xcessive1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xcessive1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xcessive1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xcessive1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xcessive1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xcessive1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xcessive1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xcessive1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit xcessive1's BodySpace
    What the hell might as well.

Josef, fasted cardio or have something before?
    Last edited by xcessive1; 03-28-2012 at 09:30 AM.

Stats: 5'10", 185 lbs
    UPOW is a name known to all. (+5000) UPOW is a name known to all. (+5000) UPOW is a name known to all. (+5000) UPOW is a name known to all. (+5000) UPOW is a name known to all. (+5000) UPOW is a name known to all. (+5000) UPOW is a name known to all. (+5000) UPOW is a name known to all. (+5000) UPOW is a name known to all. (+5000) UPOW is a name known to all. (+5000) UPOW is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit UPOW's BodySpace
    I
    EC stack kicks its ass, defiantly recommend the EC stack if its legal from where ever you live, unfortunately eph is illegal here in NZ.

I personally don't even bother using fat burners i just supplement with high doses of caffeine and green tea extract, because at the end of the day thats basically all the fat burners are.
    How much of each do you take?
    July 1st 2010 - 235lbs
    Janurary 1st 2011 - 185lbs
    Sept 1st 2011 - 200lbs

Cutting again till...
    Janurary 1st 2012 - ??

Stats: 5'11", 254 lbs
    theymademedoit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) theymademedoit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) theymademedoit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) theymademedoit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) theymademedoit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) theymademedoit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) theymademedoit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) theymademedoit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) theymademedoit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) theymademedoit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) theymademedoit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit theymademedoit's BodySpace
    Hello mate.
    Outstanding physique!
    I have been cutting for 10 months and went from 285lbs to 224lbs.
    I want to get to 190lbs and wonder if I should now do less cardio and more lifting as the weight reduces.
    I was doing more cardio at 1st and have been on fairly low cals (1800) for my size but made sure that I got in at least 200g of protein a day and kept carbs low.
    I feel that I struggle to lose at higher cals especially if I have any more than 75g of carbs a day!
    I would like to think my BF% is now at around 18% (was 25% ish at 285lbs).
    At present I lift 3 x week and do 40-50mins of low intensity cardio 3 x week.
    Many thanks for your time.
    Sept - Jan comp
    06/09/2013: 260 lbs

Goal Jan 2014 = 220lbs

Stats: 6'0", 207 lbs
    ErickStevens has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ErickStevens has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ErickStevens has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ErickStevens has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ErickStevens has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ErickStevens has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ErickStevens has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ErickStevens has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ErickStevens has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ErickStevens has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ErickStevens has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit ErickStevens's BodySpace
    Eating McDonalds brah? You're gonna' get fat.
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155661573&pagenumber=

Jay14829 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Jay14829's BodySpace

Need advice

]

Hay I need some help. Wanna really cut up so doing morning cardio fasted state some Bcaa re an a fat burner then off 45 mins low intensity. Get back then I go to the gym lifting 45 mins after cardio wanna know what supplements that would help lean muscle growth and if should eat prior to lifting or just k

Stats: 5'10", 202 lbs
    Electricheadd has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Electricheadd has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Electricheadd has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Electricheadd has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Electricheadd has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Electricheadd has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Electricheadd has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Electricheadd has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Electricheadd has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Electricheadd has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Electricheadd has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Electricheadd's BodySpace
    LMAO.

I guess the same way in which i have to get people to spell my name Josef instead of Joseph
    Well played sir... well played!
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

Will answer all questions later after i finish work.

Stats: 5'1", 118 lbs
    thatcatlady is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatcatlady is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatcatlady is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatcatlady is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatcatlady is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatcatlady is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatcatlady is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatcatlady is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatcatlady is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatcatlady is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatcatlady is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit thatcatlady's BodySpace
    Probably a disgustingly noobish question...and I promise I have tried to look for a definitive answer. I am technically 'cutting' at the mo (119lb around 23-25% BF female...aiming to get down to 18% BF and then bulk), anyway is it important that I eat protein STRAIGHT AFTER lifting? Even if I am already eating 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass? I have read a lot of conflicting opinions thus far and now am confused.

Thanks for all your help!

Registered User DutchBodbuilder's Avatar
    Stats: 6'1", 191 lbs
    DutchBodbuilder has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DutchBodbuilder has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DutchBodbuilder has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DutchBodbuilder has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DutchBodbuilder has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DutchBodbuilder has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DutchBodbuilder has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DutchBodbuilder has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DutchBodbuilder has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DutchBodbuilder has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DutchBodbuilder has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit DutchBodbuilder's BodySpace
    Hey Josef

I'm currently cutting and making some decent progress, seeing veins on my stomach etc. However I do think I'm starting to get small!
    Do you recommended that I should lose all of my unwanted bodyfat and then go on a forever bulking mode? So should I cut to about 8 %? Or should I gain some size first and then cut down to 8%. This feeling is really annoying because I want to bulk but I also have that itch in the back of my head that I need to lose that last amount of fat! You can check my bodyspace to see my current pics

Would appreciate your opinion, really mirin your physique!
    ***A State of Trance crew***

Look at my reflection in every window and mirror crew

Stats: 5'10", 150 lbs
    BodyPoints: 3576
    DerekJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DerekJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DerekJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DerekJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DerekJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DerekJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DerekJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DerekJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DerekJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DerekJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DerekJ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit DerekJ's BodySpace
    I'm having a lot of weight fluctuations over the past several weeks and am trying to set a solid caloric intake standard based on my TDEE. What do you consider the most accurate TDEE calculator out there? My weight is fluctuating like crazy, and weighed 163.3 on Sunday morning and 160.8 this morning... Been on a thermogenic and caloric deficit for about the past 1-2 months, so I'm pretty confused.

My stats:
    5'10
    161lbs
    10-11% bf
    EC stack (2*)

Here's my current caloric intake:
    1900-2000 calories off days
    2300 calories on lifting
    2200 calories on moderate cardio days.
    23 Years Old Asian Male
    Current:
    5'10 192lbs ~13%bf.
    Goal by end of this year:
    5'10 185lbs ~-7%bf.

Max Lifts
    Bench: 240*7
    Squat: 260*10
    Pullups: BW+35*6-7

Stats: 6'1", 201 lbs
    xcessive1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xcessive1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xcessive1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xcessive1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xcessive1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xcessive1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xcessive1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xcessive1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xcessive1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xcessive1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) xcessive1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit xcessive1's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by DerekJ View Post
    I'm having a lot of weight fluctuations over the past several weeks and am trying to set a solid caloric intake standard based on my TDEE. What do you consider the most accurate TDEE calculator out there? My weight is fluctuating like crazy, and weighed 163.3 on Sunday morning and 160.8 this morning... Been on a thermogenic and caloric deficit for about the past 1-2 months, so I'm pretty confused.

My stats:
    5'10
    161lbs
    10-11% bf
    EC stack (2*)

Here's my current caloric intake:
    1900-2000 calories off days
    2300 calories on lifting
    2200 calories on moderate cardio days.
    is your avi semi-current?

Stats: 6'1", 220 lbs
    HunterCML has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) HunterCML has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) HunterCML has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) HunterCML has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) HunterCML has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) HunterCML has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) HunterCML has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) HunterCML has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) HunterCML has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) HunterCML has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) HunterCML has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit HunterCML's BodySpace
    Is 500mg per week enough?
    IIFYM - not even once.

www.AlanAragon.com

Stats: 10'0", 666 lbs
    devill1am has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) devill1am has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) devill1am has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) devill1am has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) devill1am has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) devill1am has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) devill1am has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) devill1am has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) devill1am has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) devill1am has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) devill1am has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit devill1am's BodySpace
    Hi Josef, copying this from other thread - I would like to get your take on it.

Originally Posted by wave_length View Post
    You only have to follow three simple rules:

- Workout 3 times a week with weights.
    - Eat 1g protein / lb lean body mass.
    - Reduce calories to lose 1-2 lbs / week.
    I've been working out for the past 10 years or so and this thread has highlighted some possible misconceptions I had. Some of the stuff I have heard over the years from PT's and sites had me confused. I've clean bulked for approx 8 years, and then I did my first cut. It was successful but a lot more complicated that the rules laid out here - simplification is great.

The rules have been artibrarily set to a daily schedule. They infer that I could eat one large meal a day to achieve the calorie and protein goals.
    I completely understand how the rules work to lose weight (in fact only rule 3 is necessary for this); but I'm skeptical about muscle retention vs. fat loss.

1. Will eating only one large meal daily not cause catabolicism in my muscle?
    2. Could these rules be extended to 2 days, 3days..? I'm wondering where the cut-off point is for the introduction of catabolicism.
    3. Do the rules imply that if I did my cardio on an empty stomach, I wouldn't risk muscle depletion?
    4. Am I being too paranoid - is muscle vs. fat loss from the calorie deficit nothing to worry about once I get the protein requirements in at least once a day?

Stats: 5'8", 200 lbs
    glasskenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glasskenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glasskenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glasskenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glasskenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glasskenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glasskenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glasskenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glasskenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glasskenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glasskenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit glasskenny's BodySpace
    Hello,
    Been in a caloric deficit now for roughly 2 months. Have lost 28lbs through deficit and cardio. I read earlier you said it is not possible to gain muscle while in a deficit so should I stop lifting until I get into maintence. My goal is to be down to about 170-175 (10-15 more lbs) low teens BF (19 now). I hate not weight training but will stop if it will be more beneficial.
    thanks for the answer if you get to me.
    No more excuses
    SW 213 SBF 26%
    CW 158 CBF12.9 %
    GW 155 GBF 7%
    Follow me on twitter & instagram @glasskenny

Stats: 6'0", 170 lbs
    mintyisfresh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mintyisfresh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mintyisfresh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mintyisfresh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mintyisfresh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mintyisfresh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mintyisfresh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mintyisfresh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mintyisfresh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mintyisfresh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mintyisfresh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit mintyisfresh's BodySpace
    Just started to work out with Whey protein, fish oil, and multis.. what is a good routine I should do to lose fat and gain muscle? Sunday-Saturday 5 days a week.

Stats: 5'6", 161 lbs
    Jlister has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jlister has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jlister has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jlister has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jlister has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jlister has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jlister has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jlister has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jlister has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jlister has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Jlister has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Jlister's BodySpace
    hey josef...i just picked up oxyelite pro. with my diet in check basically and working out 3-5 days a week, is there anything you would change or do differently now that i just picked up oxy? or just keep going with my day and taking the directed doses, thanks man
    SCC

Originally Posted by ClarisseChelo View Post
    In.

Amazing thread. Great to know there are people who are willing to share their knowledge.
    True story.

Thanks bro.

Originally Posted by berooo View Post
    Few questions brah.

1. Do you think an inch off waist normally should take about a month of cutting?

2. When you cut do you just eat at a deficit the whole time or do you end up decreasing carbs once you get leaner?

3. Your Thought of using BCAA'S during cut?

4. If I'm 170lb @ 14% you think I'd be 7-9% at 160. Just trying to figure out how long this cut will take.

Thanks brah
    1. It depends on many factors, it could take more/less to active that depending on many factors.

2. Yes i eat a deficit the whole time apart form the re-feeds days which i have every second week or every week when nearing the end of my cut. However i still decrease calories when needed usually from carbs the more weight i lose.

3. During a bulk i would not bother with BCAA however during a cut it will be beneficial yes.

4. Depends on how much muscle you have on your frame according to your height, but something around there yes.

Originally Posted by badshaa View Post
    2 weeks in a cut and I've yet to lose a pound despite a considerable deficiet. Do I increase the deficiet or do I do something different?
    Increase the deficit or increase your daily activity levels or increase your cardio.

Originally Posted by xcessive1 View Post
    What the hell might as well.

Josef, fasted cardio or have something before?
    Wont make a difference at all as long as its done. You are not going to burn any more body fat from fasted cardio than you will in a feed state if you look at the bigger overall daily picture. Yes you may burn more fat during fasted cardio at the time opposed to in a feed state however later in the day you will burn less fat than if you did your cardio in a feed state, because its all about calories in VS calories out, you need to look at the bigger picture, so it basically won't make a difference what so ever as long as you perform your cardio. Its basically all personal preference.

Originally Posted by UPOW View Post
    How much of each do you take?
    I have never tried the EC stack as i cannot get ephedrine here in NZ, however i normally dose caffeine 400-800mg per day, spread out through the day.

Originally Posted by theymademedoit View Post
    Hello mate.
    Outstanding physique!
    I have been cutting for 10 months and went from 285lbs to 224lbs.
    I want to get to 190lbs and wonder if I should now do less cardio and more lifting as the weight reduces.
    I was doing more cardio at 1st and have been on fairly low cals (1800) for my size but made sure that I got in at least 200g of protein a day and kept carbs low.
    I feel that I struggle to lose at higher cals especially if I have any more than 75g of carbs a day!
    I would like to think my BF% is now at around 18% (was 25% ish at 285lbs).
    At present I lift 3 x week and do 40-50mins of low intensity cardio 3 x week.
    Many thanks for your time.
    Thanks.

Congrats on your successful cut. I would personally keep the cardio the same as its working, but just increase the weights also, many lift for longer or start lifting 4x per week instead of 3.

Originally Posted by ErickStevens View Post
    Eating McDonalds brah? You're gonna' get fat.
    Nah brah, i cut on eating McDonalds errrrday.

Originally Posted by Jay14829 View Post
    ]

Hay I need some help. Wanna really cut up so doing morning cardio fasted state some Bcaa re an a fat burner then off 45 mins low intensity. Get back then I go to the gym lifting 45 mins after cardio wanna know what supplements that would help lean muscle growth and if should eat prior to lifting or just k
    Meal frequency and nutrient timing is all irrelevant for improving body composition, its all personal preference really.

I also recommend to perform weight before your cardio, save the most of your energy for the weights, but again it docent really matter as long as you get it done. As for what supplements to take just stick with the basics a good protein powder (for convenience) and also a good multi-vitamin, many some fish oil. Everything else will be your training and diet.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast