Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    IFBB Pro Bodybuilder Rusty Jeffers's Avatar
    Rusty Jeffers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rusty Jeffers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rusty Jeffers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rusty Jeffers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rusty Jeffers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rusty Jeffers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rusty Jeffers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rusty Jeffers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rusty Jeffers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rusty Jeffers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rusty Jeffers will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think I'll do the Ironman again this year to start things off..I'll be gunning for somewhere between 12th and last place again..I was thinking of growing a huge gut. a huge mouth and do only mandatories, hey that's the ticket!!

I'm going to make a new 3 new DVDs somewhere around the time of the show, I am making a comedy type DVD at the moment of just stupid gym stuff...musclehead stuff..I think people would really enjoy....I might make a Pose Like A Pro #2 DVD since the first one did pretty well...a more detailed one for advanced competitors. I've got a few new projects I'm working on to sell on my site as well. When those are out, I'll let everyone know.

In answer to how many times I train a bodypart...it depends..normally twice per week, on some days I beat a bodypart to such hell, it gets it once a week..I did arms with Lee Priest today..I don't want to train arms again for a week..they cramped up on the drive home...probably need a week to heal...precontest definitely twice per week. Just depends on my daily schedule as well.

LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Rusty Jeffers View Post
    I think I'll do the Ironman again this year to start things off..I'll be gunning for somewhere between 12th and last place again..I was thinking of growing a huge gut.
    LoL.

But if you are serious DON"T.

This past MR. O gave us hope that the roid gut is no longer in and those ugly small waistlines are making a comeback.

What makes Melvin, Wolf, Freeman, and even Vic stand out with fans is their smaller waistlines. The only people who like the pregnant bellies seem to be the judges. But that appears to be changing.

The spoof video is a good idea. Way too many vids out their with repeated training routines and thats it on the tape. Nice to add the spoofs for excitment and entertainment.

Hope you do well at the Ironman. If you come in very conditioned, I can't see you missing the top 10.
    Keymaster of platinum accounts

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO/HEAD CHEESE....

-Mods cannot do name changes

-Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

-Mods can only neg, no agreeing with posts

In other words if you do not like what you originally called yourself, do not take responsibility of what you wanted to at one point type for the world to see, or desperately want green boxes - YOU ARE OUT OF LUCK.

Rusty Jeffers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rusty Jeffers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rusty Jeffers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rusty Jeffers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rusty Jeffers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rusty Jeffers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rusty Jeffers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rusty Jeffers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rusty Jeffers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rusty Jeffers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rusty Jeffers will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I can only do so much, after that, it's where the judges WANT to place me. So I've learned....

xxno1xx is not very helpful. (-500) xxno1xx is not very helpful. (-500) xxno1xx is not very helpful. (-500) xxno1xx is not very helpful. (-500) xxno1xx is not very helpful. (-500) xxno1xx is not very helpful. (-500) xxno1xx is not very helpful. (-500) xxno1xx is not very helpful. (-500) xxno1xx is not very helpful. (-500) xxno1xx is not very helpful. (-500) xxno1xx is not very helpful. (-500)
    rusty, how often did u work ur abs and did u use weights on them, and how many reps/sets

I USUALLY warm up every workout doing abs...it depends on how I feel, if I'm close to a show....daily..I use a little bit of weight, but nothing heavy enought to make it really hard to do...no need. I usually pick 3 ab exercises, say cable crunches, 1 arm cable crunches, leg raises..and do one immediately after the next,,,then go through that two or three times, pick 3 more, say floor crunches, side crunches, 1 legged leg raises, go through that once or twice through...all sets approx. 50 reps...then maybe do twists with a stick..maybe not..depends on how I feel. Only takes about 8 to 10 minutes to do a good ab workout, and I'm ready to hit a major group.

Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I USUALLY warm up every workout doing abs...it depends on how I feel, if I'm close to a show....daily..I use a little bit of weight, but nothing heavy enought to make it really hard to do...no need. I usually pick 3 ab exercises, say cable crunches, 1 arm cable crunches, leg raises..and do one immediately after the next,,,then go through that two or three times, pick 3 more, say floor crunches, side crunches, 1 legged leg raises, go through that once or twice through...all sets approx. 50 reps...then maybe do twists with a stick..maybe not..depends on how I feel. Only takes about 8 to 10 minutes to do a good ab workout, and I'm ready to hit a major group.
    You said you did Heavy duty training for years. Do you still do it? Is it a training routone worth doing?

Absolutely. If and I mean IF the heavy duty training system is done correctly, it is absolutely awesome...most people who do it, don't do it correctly. You have to do it to absolute failure, then some. Let your mind go to a different place where there is no pain, and do more. Most guys that I take through it, I won't do unless I think they are able. Then most get sick. Yesterday was a classic example, I made 2 guys sick. Hey, they'll be able to do it correctly from here on in...

hardheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) hardheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) hardheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) hardheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) hardheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) hardheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) hardheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) hardheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) hardheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) hardheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) hardheart will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Awesome, welcome to the boards Rusty. I was on t-nation the other day and they had one of your pics up as their "powerful image" for the day.

This pic is seriously my motivation to work out on days when I really don't feel like it.

Was this a candid shot?
    When was this taken?
    "Anderson Silva lost to Ryo Chonan on the same card as Fedor's last win over Nog. Big ****ing deal." - juggo

"This may sound weird coming from a vegetarian, but I don't eat that many vegtables." -1devil in http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=88318793&postcount=1

socalphotog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) socalphotog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) socalphotog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) socalphotog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) socalphotog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) socalphotog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) socalphotog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) socalphotog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) socalphotog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) socalphotog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) socalphotog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's a semi-candid shot. I took the photo on January 27, 2007. Rusty was 3 weeks out from the 2007 Ironman. Someone cropped the original photo so that my mark wasn't on it anymore. Here's the original photo.
    Attached Images

hardheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) hardheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) hardheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) hardheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) hardheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) hardheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) hardheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) hardheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) hardheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) hardheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) hardheart will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by socalphotog View Post
    It's a semi-candid shot. I took the photo on January 27, 2007. Rusty was 3 weeks out from the 2007 Ironman. Someone cropped the original photo so that my mark wasn't on it anymore. Here's the original photo.
    Thank you very much for the original. My wife doesn't particularly care for most bodybuilding photos I show her (Jay, Dexter) but she loved this one. I figured the pic was taken some time pre-comp due to the heavy sweats. Thank you.

Rusty, do you have any tips/articles/videos on how you work your obliques and abs?
    "Anderson Silva lost to Ryo Chonan on the same card as Fedor's last win over Nog. Big ****ing deal." - juggo

"This may sound weird coming from a vegetarian, but I don't eat that many vegtables." -1devil in http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=88318793&postcount=1

IFBB Pro Bodybuilder Pro Lee Priest's Avatar
    Pro Lee Priest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pro Lee Priest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pro Lee Priest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pro Lee Priest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pro Lee Priest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pro Lee Priest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pro Lee Priest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pro Lee Priest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pro Lee Priest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pro Lee Priest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pro Lee Priest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Rusty Must Be To Tired To Answer I Have Been Training Him Hard :0

Nah ...but Rusty And I Have Been Having Some Great Workouts He Will Look Great Come The Ironman Show....

Lee

LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Pro Lee Priest View Post
    Rusty Must Be To Tired To Answer I Have Been Training Him Hard :0

Nah ...but Rusty And I Have Been Having Some Great Workouts He Will Look Great Come The Ironman Show....

Lee
    Great to see you and Rusty are eye to eye and buds.

Too much tension in the pro ranks sometimes.

You both appear to be 2 of the fans favorites with aesthetics and personality.

In other words if you do not like what you originally called yourself, do not take responsibility of what you wanted to at one point type for the world to see, or desperately want green boxes - YOU ARE OUT OF LUCK.

We've been pretty much killing each other..'cept shoulders..I'm getting killed...(least I'm not puking like a few others...) you'll have to watch Lee's newest DVD to see what I mean, funny **** really...except the hams and arm cramps...the timing is just F*&%ed up!

fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Rusty

first off I would like to thank you for your contribution to bodybuilding. Your physique gives me motivation to continue my progress with my own body and become as close to "perfect" as possible.

Your posing is very dramatic and hard not to pay attention to the detail you put in it.

You may not feel like your appreciated in the competition by the judges placings, but the fans win everytime you go on stage, keep competing and stay strong.

Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by fchris View Post
    Rusty

first off I would like to thank you for your contribution to bodybuilding. Your physique gives me motivation to continue my progress with my own body and become as close to "perfect" as possible.

Your posing is very dramatic and hard not to pay attention to the detail you put in it.

You may not feel like your appreciated in the competition by the judges placings, but the fans win everytime you go on stage, keep competing and stay strong.
    My sentiments lie with this comment here Rusty.

Little bit of help getting you outta the red Chris
    Founder of DPA Fitness & Author of The Weight Training Antidote.
    My Free E-book - The Weight Training Antidote: http://dpafitness.com/the-weight-training-antidote

alvinyu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here is the preview clip of Lee's newest DVD (BodyBuildersRealityDVD#23) on YouTube:

(The deadly training ...... Oh! Who is vomitting?.....)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbqklOGy4mQ

We've been pretty much killing each other..'cept shoulders..I'm getting killed...(least I'm not puking like a few others...) you'll have to watch Lee's newest DVD to see what I mean, funny **** really...except the hams and arm cramps...the timing is just F*&%ed up!
    Last edited by alvinyu; 11-24-2007 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Rearranging the photos

Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Looks like a pretty sweet training dvd with two real personalities. Nice change of pace.
    Founder of the University of Wisconsin Bodybuilding Club

2011 Prep Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131369463

"Well, you either want this... or you don't" ~LN

I've been competing since I was 15..and I doubt it about the hair...have you seen me between contests?? Sasquatch!!!

The guy puking is a friend who seems to like to do that on leg day...then again, our leg days rival a good day in HELL!!!
    Last edited by Rusty Jeffers; 11-27-2007 at 10:21 PM.

Registered User user23960508710783's Avatar
    user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've been competing since I was 15..and I doubt it about the hair...have you seen me between contests?? Sasquatch!!!

The guy puking is a friend who seems to like to do that on leg day...then again, our leg days rival a good day in HELL!!!
    Hi Rusty, I am curious as to how you feel about doing yoga? Or flexibility training in general?

Do you perform a lot of stretching outside of a general warm-up or cool-down? Do you think it has health benefits or is it just a matter of personal preference?

Thanks for any thoughts you might share; and welcome to the boards. It's nice to have you here.

I've never done yoga, I stretch a lot before I train and use the rubber bands to warm up my shoulders since I've had 3 shoulder surgeries. If I don't I get a scare like I did the other day, I thought I tore it again..I know it has tremendous benefit. I like to train generally a little faster than most because I can keep my pump and keep warm. Lately I'm doing things a lot slower and heavier training with Lee and I think it has brought my size up....I don't do a cool down so to say..I usually get on the treadmill after a workout, and abs before a workout to get the blood going. My wife (ex-gymnast) does stretch my whole body out once in a while to get me a little flexible...I'm not at all, so I have to try tolerate being twisted in a pretzel once a week or so. I hate to admit it, but I actually feel a hell of a lot better after the torture. Sometimes before a leg workout.

Smile

Originally Posted by Ajk_Lpool View Post
    My sentiments lie with this comment here Rusty.

Little bit of help getting you outta the red Chris
    Very, very cool comment, I appreciate it Chris!!

Keep the questions coming members, Rusty seems to be helping and contributing alot to the boards.

KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Rusty, how many times per week you train calves ?

Which exercises you do ?

Thank you.

twice usually, standing and/or seated calve raises, leg press, donkeys, nothing exciting there..sorry

johnnyhabitat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnnyhabitat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnnyhabitat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnnyhabitat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnnyhabitat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnnyhabitat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnnyhabitat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnnyhabitat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnnyhabitat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnnyhabitat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnnyhabitat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hai thar Rusty.

A long time ago I was told to eat double the grams of protein I ate with carbs. So if I had 50g of protein, I'd eat 100g of carbs or more plus whatever fats.

I've been doing this, and it has worked quite well, but sometimes it gets unbearable eating to the point where I almost puke every 2 to 2.5 hours. I was wondering what you think about that idea.

I've noticed myself gaining bodyfat, almost to the point where I question eating so many carbs..but it seems to work so WELL. I'm no off-season Lee Priest but **** if I ate any more I probably would be.
    ツ Forever Alone Crew ツ

fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by johnnyhabitat View Post
    Hai thar Rusty.

A long time ago I was told to eat double the grams of protein I ate with carbs. So if I had 50g of protein, I'd eat 100g of carbs or more plus whatever fats.

I've been doing this, and it has worked quite well, but sometimes it gets unbearable eating to the point where I almost puke every 2 to 2.5 hours. I was wondering what you think about that idea.

I've noticed myself gaining bodyfat, almost to the point where I question eating so many carbs..but it seems to work so WELL. I'm no off-season Lee Priest but **** if I ate any more I probably would be.

I SECOND THIS QUESTION

Why would you eat double the carbs than protein? Are you running a frickin' marathon? How much do you weigh and how much protein are you taking? BTW an off season Lee Priest looks pretty lean to me..just because you saw a couple of pics people post on forums AT ONE TIME doesn't mean anything. He's just as lean as I am right now and I'm dieting for the Ironman. I train with him every day so I know. If you take your bodyweight and times it by 1.75, that's more ideal and target load carbs as needed. Don't be so worried about numbers, look in the mirror. ALSO, IMHO most people have no real idea how much protein they're taking in..always wayyy overstated, a lot like people say they're 2% bodyfat....Riiiggghttt

Let me know and we'll go from there.

Rusty

johnnyhabitat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnnyhabitat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnnyhabitat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnnyhabitat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnnyhabitat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnnyhabitat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnnyhabitat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnnyhabitat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnnyhabitat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnnyhabitat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnnyhabitat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Why would you eat double the carbs than protein? Are you running a frickin' marathon? How much do you weigh and how much protein are you taking? BTW an off season Lee Priest looks pretty lean to me..just because you saw a couple of pics people post on forums AT ONE TIME doesn't mean anything. He's just as lean as I am right now and I'm dieting for the Ironman. I train with him every day so I know. If you take your bodyweight and times it by 1.75, that's more ideal and target load carbs as needed. Don't be so worried about numbers, look in the mirror. ALSO, IMHO most people have no real idea how much protein they're taking in..always wayyy overstated, a lot like people say they're 2% bodyfat....Riiiggghttt

Let me know and we'll go from there.

Rusty
    I just think those pictures of Lee are freakin great.

My weight has been fluctuating from 193 to 195 recently and I'm taking in about 300g of protein or so a day, and now that is not overstated. (yeah I've noticed people doing that, too). I have just been confused on the whole carbs part..I just played it safe(in my mind) and just ate a ton of them.

I just started this past summer (round June) to eat a lot, abandoning my friends and committing all my time and energy into bodybuilding and its been extremely rewarding.

I wanna be a freak, the biggest one I can possibly be. That is my goal, and I wanna learn everything there is to know in order to be that freak. Excuse my ignorance on certain subjects... thank you!
    ツ Forever Alone Crew ツ

Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000)
    wow this thread seems to be really good. Im liking the swift answers that are given to the questions. Keep up the good work lads.
    -101,221, I can see the light - thanks
    -129,871, getting closer
    -150,000, more than half way there!

How tall are you? 193 at 5'2" or 193 at 6'5 would be assessed a wee bit differently..I wouldn't abandon friends for bodybuilding, it will make you mentally unstable..who else can you take out your frustrations on?