noobster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

pain in my forearm

So i have had some pain in my forearm for about six months and im feeling the pain more now. When i do arm curls it hurts the most. I feel pain when i wash my hands and other simple stuff. I feel the pain like if it was on the bone not the muscle .So does any one have or had this problem and what did u have to do to get rid of the pain. Hope i dont need surgery.

cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had a similar problem that would kill during curls and forearm work. The only thing that really fixed it was resting/ice. But that was a small problem that only lasted a few weeks, and you've said it's been hurting for 6 months, so I don't think just rest/ice is gonna do much. I'd go see a doctor

thats what i fear the most the doctor but if it gets any worst ill have to go to the doc.

Tough as grits,carb CRAZY Train Hard's Avatar
    Train Hard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Train Hard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've had the same problem but only when I push a max of like 2 reps but if I let go slow it doesn't bother me
    -JUST DO CARDIO!!!
    -Bodybuilding is not a hobbie, its a lifestyle

Chino. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chino. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chino. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chino. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chino. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chino. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chino. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chino. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chino. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chino. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chino. will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

Originally Posted by cosmo34
    I had a similar problem that would kill during curls and forearm work. The only thing that really fixed it was resting/ice. But that was a small problem that only lasted a few weeks, and you've said it's been hurting for 6 months, so I don't think just rest/ice is gonna do much. I'd go see a doctor
    yah same, i used iboprofen to stop the inflammation (the soreness is probably a tendon) and then i iced it and took a break from working out for a week or so and now im fine.
    EAT FOR GAINS, NOT FOR TASTE!

reps back

MuscleBound90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleBound90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleBound90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleBound90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleBound90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleBound90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleBound90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleBound90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have this problem too, it's called tendonitis (theres a specific name for this type but I can't remember). The best thing to do is STOP CURLING, yeah thats right you heard me, your bi's get worked enough indirectly from pullups and rows so don't worry.

I still do hammer chins and hammer curls but stop directly curling with your hand palm facing up. This and regular icing will cause it to heal, if you just "work through the pain" it'll only get worse and worse. You will eventually rupture the tendon and won't be able to lift weights again. GIVE IT REST!
    Height - 5'10"
    Bodytype -Pure Ectomorph

SW - 110 lbs (June 2005)
    CW - 153 lbs (November 2006)
    GW - 170 lbs (June 2007)

Bench - 155
    ATG Squat - 135
    Deadlift - 185

Yeah I know I suck.

rippedbill:) has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rippedbill:) has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rippedbill:) has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rippedbill:) has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rippedbill:) has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rippedbill:) has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rippedbill:) has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rippedbill:) has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rippedbill:) has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rippedbill:) has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rippedbill:) has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    ihave the same thing wow, well it happends when i curl and lift somthing heavy i get a sharp pain in my right forearm for about 5 months now i stopd lifitn for 2 weeks n iced it nothing worked so i started again n im jus barin wit it
    idk wat a doctor could do about it so i jus dont bother goin

Corzel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corzel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corzel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corzel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corzel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corzel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corzel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corzel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corzel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corzel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corzel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my brother had this same thing only in his wrist. as musclebound said, it is tendonitis. my brothers went away with time, thats pretty much all you can do to get rid of it. just let it heal but itself and try not to put too much stress on it. i would go to the doctor anyway just to make sure we are right.
    PUMP IT LIKE ARNOLD!

-cj- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -cj- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -cj- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -cj- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -cj- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -cj- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -cj- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -cj- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -cj- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -cj- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -cj- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I believe it's more commonly known as tennis elbow.

I had the same pain for a long while. I took my required week off and chilled out.

Also made sure that I wasn't curling my wrists when I was doing curls and always keeping my wrists straight with anything.

They hardly ever bug me anymore.

Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    by what u wrote im assuming its the same thing i have been dealing for over a year.

he said it hurts him washing his hands and doing simple stuff... bingo thats me, i deal with this.

Its either forearm spints or ulnar nerve damage... and since it has lasted so long for me, im guessing tendonitis but i have never checked.

SOme symptoms... pain in your medial/posterior side of your forearm. If you have ever had shin splints it feels like that but worse.

it hurts when you extend your forearm muscles. While you are curling, you are contracting and as soon as you release your strong contraction (usually before you are about to do the negative part of the rep) pain shoots

some things that have helped me deal with the pain

when you are about to put the dumbbell or barbell down, keep squessing the bar, and very slowly release your grip... releasing fast shoots pain.

while curling, keep contraction in foreams and flex through the whole set while you curl, in your last rep release your tension very slowly.

get some analgesic pads, bengay, tiger balm
    get some oitments, tiger balm is great
    i used to use ice but i just stick with the above 2.
    ibuprofen is great

i have not gotten pain for about a month, its kinda like an on/off thing, when it comes back i try and deal with it.

things that aggravate it for me

close grip EZ Bar Curl
    close grip EZ Preacher
    rotating DB curls
    Upright rows ( but i love em , have to deal with it if it causes pain)
    pull ups and chinups (but havet o deal with em)

my 2 cents

rippedbill:) has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rippedbill:) has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rippedbill:) has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rippedbill:) has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rippedbill:) has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rippedbill:) has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rippedbill:) has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rippedbill:) has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rippedbill:) has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rippedbill:) has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rippedbill:) has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i have this same problem, is there ANYWAY of healing it? i stopped workin out for two weeks and i just iced it. i came back still same thing it doesnt go away if i a see a doctor is there ANYTHING he can do to heal it?

always raising my bar deviltrainee's Avatar
    deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i really dont like straight bar curls, when i do those i think i know what u feel, except its really only when i let go of the bar at the end, anyone else get this?
    Height = 6'3"
    Weight = 190ish
    Age = 18

bench == 255, down to 235
    squat == 315*3, :(
    pullups == 30, about 20ish
    chins == 4 * bw + 100, :(
    deadlift == 335 old record, now :(

Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by rippedbill:)
    i have this same problem, is there ANYWAY of healing it? i stopped workin out for two weeks and i just iced it. i came back still same thing it doesnt go away if i a see a doctor is there ANYTHING he can do to heal it?
    it depends it may be chronic... read my long post

Originally Posted by deviltrainee
    i really dont like straight bar curls, when i do those i think i know what u feel, except its really only when i let go of the bar at the end, anyone else get this?
    yes... straight bar curls agravate it also.
    yes tahts what i was talking about letting go thing,

thats how i have dealt with it

read my long post

Thrillryder23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thrillryder23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thrillryder23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thrillryder23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thrillryder23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thrillryder23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thrillryder23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thrillryder23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thrillryder23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thrillryder23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thrillryder23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have the same exact problem as all of you. I was going to post about it and see if you guys could help but thankfully someone else already did it.

Yea I'm going to have to go with Avila's advice and get the ointments and pads he mentioned. If that **** doesn't work then I'm off to the doc.

HmongKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HmongKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HmongKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HmongKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HmongKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HmongKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HmongKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HmongKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HmongKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HmongKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HmongKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    see a doctor

coolguy676767 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolguy676767 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolguy676767 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolguy676767 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolguy676767 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolguy676767 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolguy676767 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolguy676767 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolguy676767 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolguy676767 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Its Tendonitis. I mean I am like 90% sure thats what it is. Because I got it from benching mostly, and if you let go of the bar slowly it helps but it can hurt doing anything. See a doctor if it gets worse, but it wont heal really unless you stop lifting for a week or two, but then again I dont thinks its that bad if you just lift through the pain unless it gets real bad. But you still might want to ask a doctor.
    5'10
    1/15/05=247
    12/20/05 shoulder surgery
    4/04/06 First week back to lifting 208, roughly 14%
    6/07/06
    Bench: 3 reps @ 275
    Squat: 5 reps @ 275
    Weight: roughly 213
    Bf%: Roughly 13%

...spens... has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i had the same problem so i went to an athletic trainer-really knows his ****, any way, best thing to do is to ice, use ibuprofen- sp?, and to push on the sore spot with your thumb to cut off oxygen to it for a few seconds. he has it and he says hes had it for years off and on, so u may just have to live with. but youll be good if u just do the above.

John Rambo is a complete loser! (-2000) John Rambo is a complete loser! (-2000) John Rambo is a complete loser! (-2000) John Rambo is a complete loser! (-2000) John Rambo is a complete loser! (-2000) John Rambo is a complete loser! (-2000) John Rambo is a complete loser! (-2000) John Rambo is a complete loser! (-2000) John Rambo is a complete loser! (-2000) John Rambo is a complete loser! (-2000) John Rambo is a complete loser! (-2000)
    I had the same exact problem... hurts like hell when you let go of your grip. It started taking centrum and it went away...

and i thought i was the only one i guess ill have to do only hammer curls u guys think ill get any results out of it?

goldstrikn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goldstrikn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goldstrikn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

DEQuervain's Tendinitis

I have similar what you guys are describing, but mine is at the freaking wrist!!. It's called deQuervain's Tendinitis. I work out through the pain though, because I can live with it, the only problem is that I cannot use dumbells for curling, nor for benching. I however can bench with barbell, if I ware a thumb splint specifically for this type of pain (it's custom made at dr's office). My doctor advised me to take two weeks off from lifting, but did not heed his words, instead I took it easy lifting and still doing it. I've suffered from this for 2 months, and if next month I get no relief, I'll welcome a shot of Cortisone. The last thing I want to do is get surgery, that will be a bitch.

always raising my bar deviltrainee's Avatar
    deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by coolguy676767
    Its Tendonitis. I mean I am like 90% sure thats what it is. Because I got it from benching mostly, and if you let go of the bar slowly it helps but it can hurt doing anything. See a doctor if it gets worse, but it wont heal really unless you stop lifting for a week or two, but then again I dont thinks its that bad if you just lift through the pain unless it gets real bad. But you still might want to ask a doctor.
    well, since i dont really care about biceps and they get worked enough to be big by my pullups, i only work biceps every couple of weeks so taking a week off wouldnt really do anything since i already do
    Height = 6'3"
    Weight = 190ish
    Age = 18

bench == 255, down to 235
    squat == 315*3, :(
    pullups == 30, about 20ish
    chins == 4 * bw + 100, :(
    deadlift == 335 old record, now :(