Moosaka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moosaka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moosaka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moosaka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moosaka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moosaka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moosaka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moosaka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moosaka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moosaka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moosaka is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Difference between Creatine and Phosphocreatine

I didnt know where else to post this, so i did it here, considering it has allot to do with creatine, a supplement.

I was looking into creatine and phosphocreatine, and i couldnt really tell the difference between those two. I got some info saying that creatine is a derivate from PC, which would mean they are pretty much the same, and have the same role.

If someone who understands this, finds the time to respond, ill be thankfull! Dont be afraid to go into details, id love to learn as much as i can!

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Moosaka; 01-23-2011 at 03:57 PM.

Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz
    When you take creatine, it's to increase levels of phosphocreatine in your skeletal muscles.

Moosaka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moosaka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moosaka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moosaka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moosaka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moosaka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moosaka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moosaka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moosaka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moosaka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moosaka is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That i know. I wanted more info regarding this matter.

Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Moosaka View Post
    That i know. I wanted more info regarding this matter.
    Okay, I wrote about something like this before so I'm just going to self plagiarize and reword it slightly here for you to add more content/ detail:

"Think of it this way:

We have 2 compartments, say outside (outside the muscle) and inside (inside say a muscle). Creatine can travel to the inside of the muscle when it is outside through a layer (think a door way of some sort). Inside the muscle, phosphate trapping makes it so there is a lot more creatine on the outside than the inside, and the system wants it to be fairly equal, so creatine from the outside moves into the muscle. I.e imagine pushing a bunch of weight against a door, eventually you will make it so there is a lot of force on the door and you'll go through the door. Creatine uses a protein (CrT), which is "energized" by outside sodium. Once saturation is reached, the system always wants to be in equilibrium, so it shifts back and forth. So that's why over dosing creatine won't make a difference, the muscle can't get more in than what it's max storage is.

When creatine is inside now, it's not creatine anymore, it's called phosphocreatine. Phosphocreatine is just creatine that is phosphorylated, it has a phosphate group on it now. Phosphocreatine can give a phosphate group to ADP to form ATP during exercise. If you have too much ATP, it can convert creatine into PCr when you're not exercising. Basically PCr is an energy reserve ready for whenever you need it. Because it's now not creatine like it was before it went inside (as in it's PCr now), it means the outside will always have more creatine than the inside, so you can keep getting creatine from the outside going into the inside (if there is space), trying to reach equilibrium."

Thank you!

Montreal CanAdian Militia ryanr623's Avatar
    ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Synapsin View Post
    Okay, I wrote about something like this before so I'm just going to self plagiarize and reword it slightly here for you to add more content/ detail:

"Think of it this way:

We have 2 compartments, say outside (outside the muscle) and inside (inside say a muscle). Creatine can travel to the inside of the muscle when it is outside through a layer (think a door way of some sort). Inside the muscle, phosphate trapping makes it so there is a lot more creatine on the outside than the inside, and the system wants it to be fairly equal, so creatine from the outside moves into the muscle. I.e imagine pushing a bunch of weight against a door, eventually you will make it so there is a lot of force on the door and you'll go through the door. Creatine uses a protein (CrT), which is "energized" by outside sodium. Once saturation is reached, the system always wants to be in equilibrium, so it shifts back and forth. So that's why over dosing creatine won't make a difference, the muscle can't get more in than what it's max storage is.

When creatine is inside now, it's not creatine anymore, it's called phosphocreatine. Phosphocreatine is just creatine that is phosphorylated, it has a phosphate group on it now. Phosphocreatine can give a phosphate group to ADP to form ATP during exercise. If you have too much ATP, it can convert creatine into PCr when you're not exercising. Basically PCr is an energy reserve ready for whenever you need it. Because it's now not creatine like it was before it went inside (as in it's PCr now), it means the outside will always have more creatine than the inside, so you can keep getting creatine from the outside going into the inside (if there is space), trying to reach equilibrium."
    Reps, well said
    Blessed be the lord, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Hockey Season!

lukenixon21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Synapsin View Post
    Phosphocreatine is just creatine that is phosphorylated
    How exactly is creatine phosphorylated into phosphocreatine?

I've been researching and looking everywhere to find the answer to this, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Even my biology teacher doesnt know. I know what phosphorylated means, but I was just wondering if you could expand on it.

It's quite a tough question so if you knew the answer then I would be very grateful!

Enterococcusspp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enterococcusspp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enterococcusspp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enterococcusspp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enterococcusspp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enterococcusspp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enterococcusspp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enterococcusspp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enterococcusspp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enterococcusspp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enterococcusspp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by lukenixon21 View Post
    How exactly is creatine phosphorylated into phosphocreatine?

I've been researching and looking everywhere to find the answer to this, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Even my biology teacher doesnt know. I know what phosphorylated means, but I was just wondering if you could expand on it.

It's quite a tough question so if you knew the answer then I would be very grateful!
    notsureifserious

creatine phosphokinase